[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

1 hour ago, Flaneur2 said:

A bit confused.  Is this a 17 episode drama ?  Or is it because people loved the good and the bad princes (actors) so much that they are doing a sequel only on them ?  What a strange way to end a drama.

Episode 17 is actually an episode 1-special episode preview. I kinda skimmed through it and it seems like a recap of the first half of the series. 

And yes, that was a strange way to end the series. It seemed out of order.  I would have preferred if they would have extended the final episode or give us a real episode 17 so that we could see the battle for the throne.  

The Royal Shaman had told Yul that HR and CG were destined from birth to be together and that He was destined for the throne, so I guess we'll have to use our imaginations that it did happen like that in the end. I liked Yul, and became invested in him in this story. So I do feel cheated out of actually seeing that happen for his story line. I wanted to SEE him win that battle with his greedy evil brother. 

There were also other things we didn't get... I at least wanted to know a little about the backstory of the girl who also wanted revenge on the royal family. (I forgot her name). Who was she? Who was the family member that she wanted revenge for?

I also wanted to see those thugs get their comeuppance.  Seriously I'm trying to figure out why the one guy was on this one track revenge against her. He just needed to be shut down. 

But overall, I did like this drama, and we did get our happy ending for our ML's and yes @realistic2280athat is all that matters! :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

I love the ending for the couple, so absolutely sweet. Five years of marriage and they only have eyes for each other, with a cute son to boot. It would have looked more fun if they had a brood. 
They had lived for each other, taking decisions that were the best for the other. CG would sacrifice her sanity and live like her father for for Ha Ram. He would continue being possesed by Mawang to stop her from painting it and going mad. :heart3:

• Like 5

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

The ending for the couple is as sweet as honey... We could see their son also... Its not a perfect plot, act and cgi though... But i could merge into this drama very well, confused with some plots and open ending? Get angry with that mawang thing who posses from the 1st episode till the end, feel sorrow for chunggi and haram, feel pitty for the 2nd prince and the evil prince, and so on and so on... Though i rant about this and that, i still continue to watch this drama ( silly me)...  

• Like 3

Saw ep16

1. The ring was suppose to be important right? Broken because of what? Im still confused with the ring significance... and the deities said, its a shame that the ring was broken???

2. Kissing seemed out of the place during that time, after the sealing and finding out she is blind?.. sigh..

3. The  evil prince is still alive after 5 years...what was the plot between him and the traitor girl?.took 5 years to do it?...hmm

4. She regained her eye sights... since mawang's curse lifted..

5. At least im glad to see they have a son... 

6. Like, how the heck do they end the show like that? Who wins in the battle for the throne? Crazy...is there another special episode that i read about?

7. Much kissing scenes... ive read that KYJ was actually more comfortable with GM than with AHS... i did notice that AHS does seemed to be reserve in his actions when he is with KYJ in the bts.....  hence the last few scenes of the kiss scenes were a surprised...

Overall.. what can i say... plot holes obvious.. how can Shamsin dissapear? Sigh...

Nvm, Dali and Cocky Prince is tonight!!:lol:

• Like 3

[Ratings] "Lovers of the Red Sky" Ends With Highest Rating, "High Class" Also Broke Its Own Record

Published on 2021/10/26

photo1385763.jpg

According to Nielsen Korea, a ratings research company on the 27th, SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Lovers of the Red Sky" which aired its last episode on the 26th recorded 10.4% (Ep.16).

This is a slight increase from its previous highest rating of 10.2% (Ep.6), and a jump from 8.9% (Ep.15) recorded in the previous episode.

https://www.hancinema.net/ratings-lovers-of-the-red-sky-ends-with-highest-rating-high-class-also-broke-its-own-record-155238.html

• Like 4
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, shinkeru said:

I haven’t been able to catch up here. Glad to see our OTP got a happy ending. I’ve read through the comments and I might have missed it, can someone please tell me if Ha Ram regained his sight ? Thank you. 

Yes, Ha Ram regained his sight after Ma wang was sealed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad that the drama ended on high ratings! I do feel like the writing did kind of went down over time but maybe it has to do with watching the drama ongoing.

Happy ending for our OTP which was nice to see.. both of them regained their sight. It turns out that Cheon Gi’s blindness was because of Ma Wang’s curse (All makes sense!!) so once Ma Wang was sealed, his curse went away. Ha Ram blindness was always due to Ma Wang so that make sense. Once Ma Wang is gone, he regained his sight.

I think Cheon Gi losing her sight and painting the royal painting, that was definitely impactful. So definitely a great part about the sealing. Her dad coming and helping, got chills..

Deal with Hwacha never lead to madness but it was because of Ma Wang. I got scared when Hong Cheon Gi made a deal with Hwacha at first but it looks like it was needed

As expected Yangmyeong became crown prince and has to deal with Juhyang. I’m surprised Juhyang was in prison for 5 years. I think the drama left us to interpret what happens to Juhyang.. I praise them for that but at the same time the 5 years time jump was too long to see Juhyang take action.

Overall, I enjoyed the drama and love the love story between our OTP… There are definitely weaknesses about this drama and some plot hole but kdramas are always like that. it has been a ride with this drama! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Final Episodes Review :

A Blind man was able to walk see and tie up a horse without knowing where he fell down, Time is being wasted on not so imp characters, A highly guarded prison can have visitors easily? What on earth....

Sam Shin and one more Goddess are worthless in front of a Sealed Demon Lord? Don't you not Cultivate???Do you not have successors? Was Sam Shin Born Old??? I mean WHAT????

The entire 15th episode should have been named YES I AM READY TO SEAL MAWANG...That is what we have been hearing for 10+episodes WORK ON IT......

Hwacha Human's son is the Street HAT Painter,...Wow Would have liked his backstory to be seen more than the BrotheL Lady who IMO is a bigger backstabber than Evil Shaman who for the lack of better words was ambitious and only supported the King or Person who helped her ........Arghhhhh

Hwacha becomes the God of PAinting eho resembles Grandpa HA , Grandpa HA resided in that Jade ring which helped in controlling and existence of MW in a Human Body...OK.....

If the reason of MW not being able to be sealed last time was the RING! Then that very RING also existed with Mommy HA when HARAM was born and MW was first sealed, then why is it a Hurdle Now?LOgic Lost in Painting too??/

RED MOON was not the relevant one, but the Entrance of 5th planet from Sun was, Assuming it is not Jupiter <which comes near around  every13 month> They would have had to wait for 1000 yrs for next apt SEAL DATE??? Was the Grandpa King and Current King rule time period 1000 yrs? Do Moon and Planet have irregular schedule? WHAT???

HARAM ride a Horse being blind in a jungle, got thrown off the horse and fainted, The Horse was tied up to a Tree? WHo tied It? A ghost????

HR was able to see Grandpa Gandolf err Grandpa HA, Was it a Dream or Reality? WHY IS IT SO INCONSISTENT....DANG IT!!!!

Demon Herpes took 5 years and more still was not able to fully spread and kill JH ...Wonderful.

King was still alive with terminal illness

MW curse was reversed on CG, but his injury was still implemented on JH????

Sam Shin basically pushed MW inside the Painting and they live together now inside the Vessel whose powers were bargained with Hwacha who absorbed them and is now the new GOD OF PAINTING....OKAY???? Now He is Birth/Death/Painting God???? Then was Grandpa Ha Painting/WATER Sensor God????

The magical beings were not explained properly, the people don't know their own Mythology and the Outside the country parameters don't match Up.I mean Yul and others took A boat to reach the place where CG/HR stay with their Kid and the servant after 5 years and HR/CG took only a Horse  RIDE and rode to the outskirts to visit their Peach Garden where the OldLady who was around 60 back then is still alive at almost 85 yrs????? Peach have elixir of Life???

Boat water ways and Horse Garden Way have same distance??? WHAT??? Did they not Leave the Capital that they have Urban legends cooked and whispered amongst the capital people????? MAKES NO SENSE

:crazymad:

YUL Will be the MVP of this show IMO, While everyone kept throwing tantrums and called him a worthless man, HE Grew Up, left his own desires and became the Bigger Man that everyone needed to stabilize their own lives. HE OF ALL PEOPLE DESERVES A HEA TOO!!!!

Main leads wrapped up alright and with a Cutie patootie Kid but I Need a S2 to see Yul and Grand Prince Saga tie up properly too.

Initial rating was 9 reducing it to 7 because it had no plot after 6 episodes to flesh out properly. AHHHHH Such a wasted opportunity where Fantasy was made a Gumbo....

:sad1:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I truly enjoyed watching this show. Supernatural stuff but not too scary. Ha Ram's transformation was dramatic but not sleepless kind of scary. I love the total commitment of the couple, come hell or high water, I'll stand by you. It was so romantic, just nice for a make believe story.

If it were a modern or normal kdrama show, I would analyse and dissect the scenes. But the minute I accept the story that there were three beings, Ma Wang the evil ate one leaving it and Sam Sin ( good deity) to roam the world, I accept any strange unexplained scenes. I think if they brought in a Korean pegasus or HR walked on water, I would still accept it. As long as it's enjoyable. :gangnamstyle:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Only able to finished the drama this afternoon. Actually I was only finished 6 eps before giving birth last month, and forget to continue until my friend came and told me that this drama has high ratings in South Korea. It’s been a long time since I have watch a saguek and enjoy the story. I like it because it’s a mix of art, mystic, and it happened in Joseon period. (If it happened in our current times I probably would not want to watch it. Hehehe). 

And this my most favorite OST from Lovers of the red sky <3 (also it’s been a long time since I enjoyed a song from a sageuk) 

Show started out very strong but got a little muddled towards the end. Glad there was a happy ending though!

(**mods, if inappropriate, I will delete**)

:heythere:ATTN international fans!!:

Per the moderators of the 'Lovers of the Red Sky' daum cafe promoting blu-ray, it seems like foreign fans are having trouble purchasing after joining the cafe. They are allowing us to share the pre-order links for global sales only:

In English: https://global.yes24.com/Goods/104719424

In Chinese: https://cn.yes24.com/Goods/104719424

Thanks

• Like 1

I do have another question. What was the collaboration with Mae Hyang and Prince Juhyang? Cutting her palm for what?  It was so unnecessary and did not bring anything worthy to the sinking story. She pledged allegiance to the prince who's body is slowly deteriorating, but what did she actually do? Mae Hyang was a useless accessory. The prince remained in prison for 5 years and was still quite strong. I don't think he was allowed to go out of his cell to exercise and have some fresh air.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, reddragon said:

I do have another question. What was the collaboration with Mae Hyang and Prince Juhyang? Cutting her palm for what?  It was so unnecessary and did not bring anything worthy to the sinking story. She pledged allegiance to the prince who's body is slowly deteriorating, but what did she actually do? Mae Hyang was a useless accessory. The prince remained in prison for 5 years and was still quite strong. I don't think he was allowed to go out of his cell to exercise and have some fresh air.

Yeah that part of the story was weird and they didn’t really go into detail too explain it…