[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Another fluffy rom-com drama and I'm sold! Kim Seon Ho really a sweetheart here when he treated grandma so sweetly. He got great chemistry with any grandma! The couple really great too. The slippers part really fun. I love typical village setting where people are so warm and welcoming. 

• Like 10
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Oh I'm so much in love with this. Seeing KSH's smile reminds me of how much I love this man.

I've been waiting forever to see him as the lead ever since falling for (and not getting over) Han Ji Pyeong in Start Up. And now seeing him once again and this time secured with the fact that he will infact get the girl I'm so happy. To be honest I fell for him in Strongest Deliveryman and I knew from the first flash of dimples that he's going to steal my heart. I have two most favorite actors in SK, Kim Sun Ho and So Ji Sub, both actors who delivered and moved my heart plus broke my heart into pieces from the first time I saw them on screen (for SJS it was Master's Sun) and the best thing is that they have both acted with Shin Min Ah now.

The Dimples Couple is doing it for me here. I know that KSH can have chemistry even with a tree and especially the ahjummas in a drama, so it wasn't a big surprise when he straight off had chemistry with SMA. I'm so glad the chemistry is so natural here and not forced.

I will definitely watch for the chemistry and the dimples alone. I do hope KSH's fellowmates from 1D2N will make cameos like they did in Start Up. I know for sure for this drama that I won't have any Second Lead Syndrome for sure because my

second lead just took over the driving wheel.

Oh I can't wait to see the rest of the series and much more KSH goodness. And the Dimples galore.

I do have to say, I'm loving the cafe's interior designing. And gosh, KSH looks beautiful when he's making that coffee. I always drink coffee and I don't look 1/10th that beautiful when I make that coffee.

I'm here for KIm Sun Ho oppa for sure. I'm so much in love with him. So much.

And I mean, it would look like they will fall in love so quickly, because, I mean, how can you not expect them to? With such a beautiful cast, it would be a surprise not to fall in love.

This makes me want to give up my high powered job and reside to the seaside to meet a handsome jack-of-all-trades and fall in love with him, but... stupid COVID.

P.S. Please post many many many MANY pictures of my darling KSH to stare at him all day, because yes.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

Lmao I love this drama already. Before I comment on Episode 2, the preview for Episode 3 when Grandma slaps Chief Hong with water when he suggests paying for her treatment :D ... it made me laugh so much. 

E99-_RaVQAMF6P1?format=jpg&name=medium

#treatpeoplewithkindness - a lesson (or: don't think you know everything and don't be holier-than-thou). 

This drama is super sweet, but you know it imparts some harsh truths of life, but the way it comments on it, makes me feels like I'm embraced by the beautiful cinematography, the hopeful music and the smiles. 

The smiles are assaulting my heart. From the bright smiles he gives to the other villagers, to the subtle smirks whenever he does a good deed for her but she doesn't know, or whenever he ropes her into becoming part of the village.

E997qerVQAEKSCz?format=jpg&name=large

I like how she isn't exaggerating anything. I understand her viewpoint: There is a large difference between living in a city (where millions of people award you both isolation and anonymity) and a small town (where everyone knows everyone and thus it's impossible to get away, you have to fulfil expectation and obligation). 

She also isn't immediately impressed by him. It was sort of strange that he only shows her one business property (and when they first arrive, he doesn't even show her around, but wants to leave right away for another property, a home). So I don't blame her for thinking he is a scammer :D 

Chief Hong is not the classical Prince Charming or Ice Man. The way he talks to her isn't polite-formal but very familiar, immediately establishing a close connection between them, and yet she does not know much about him beyond what he does (and still she doesn't know what his "deal" is). And a man of his talents, people ask themselves why he is in the town. He also only asks for minimum wage, in order to serve the people he lives with. Clearly, he has some past, as the way he talks and what he talks about shows that he isn't just some Himbo. His smiles mask his experiences. 

The answer may also lie in the Epilogue which shows him with his grandfather, and their childhood meeting. Even back then he was teasing her. Yes I'm sold onto this couple, despite the cliché. 

P.S: She already inadvertently called him "Oppa" [she said "oh you must be a year older-Oppa then"]. Of course, once they noticed, they immediately tried to retract this close relationship.

:hwaiting2:

My subs didn't show that tidbit (they translated it as "hint of affection").

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4

Du Sik is such an interesting character.

He's a jack of all trades and he helps everyone. He's loved by everyone and I completely understand why. But I can't be someone like him. I always wonder if he never gets tired or worn out or annoyed. He looks completely in his element no matter what he does. And even with Hye Jin, he's someone who's very familiar when it comes to people. But what's interesting is I have never come across such a character in real life. The way he deals with Hye Jin is normal for me and they seemed to have close chemistry but didn't want the viewers to read into it too much. We sometimes want the relationships and romances to be sudden or maybe grow out as time passes, so I think they tried to live down the obvious chemistry between the two characters.

And Hye Jin isn't a bad guy. What's really interesting is no one is the obvious villain here. Maybe Hye Jin's previous boss, who I think haven't taken revenge yet. We do have to watch out for her. But the way Hye Jin reacts is completely normal for me. That's how you will be if you suddenly find yourself without a shoe and a guy who seem cold because he can't obviously do anything about the lost shoe. But I do feel that he felt some immediate connection to her the moment he saw her. He was definitely staring at her, maybe a love at first sight? Could be. Ah, I'm rambling. 

Here, have a gorgeous picture of Kim Seon Ho.

Shin Min Ah, Kim Seon Ho Light Up The Village with Their Bright Smiles in  New tvN Drama + Shares How 'Hometown Cha-cha-cha' Differs From Other Dramas  | KDramaStars

• Like 10

EP 2 Review:

I should have been born in SoKor, literally everyone is fated from childhood...Lol

I get where HyeJin is coming from, I am as finicky as her, but problem is she refuses to meet midway, Du Sik legit forced everyone to meet at middle-ground because he is maybe the only one to understand the gap between Modern and Old Psychologies. But he can only work upto certain point, rest HyeJin has to do on her own. She is great at her jobs but not the Household or community chores, not everyone is though. But again she has to adjust her habbits as well, if there was no DuSik it would be hard to survive in that town.

Lets see how it flourishes in next episodes. Also I dont think he is chasing her yet but more like trying to help a LOST And SLOW Soul like her.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, madmad min said:

EP 2 Review:

I should have been born in SoKor, literally everyone is fated from childhood...Lol

I get where HyeJin is coming from, I am as finicky as her, but problem is she refuses to meet midway, Du Sik legit forced everyone to meet at middle-ground because he is maybe the only one to understand the gap between Modern and Old Psychologies. But he can only work upto certain point, rest HyeJin has to do on her own. She is great at her jobs but not the Household or community chores, not everyone is though. But again she has to adjust her habbits as well, if there was no DuSik it would be hard to survive in that town.

Lets see how it flourishes in next episodes. Also I dont think he is chasing her yet but more like trying to help a LOST And SLOW Soul like her.

About HJ, I do feel like she's not trying to get into the middle ground too but maybe that's her upbringing. She's a Seoulite, right, and that means she is usually well off than DS. She lost her mom and she's nostalgic about it, but she's also not in a good place with her dad and her stepmom. Maybe she forced herself to earn more money to take care of people. That's the only way she's common to DS, helping people.

I too don't think that DS is the person who's chasing her. Maybe she's talking about her ex? She did mention "boyfriend". Maybe she's telling that to DS. Is that too much to hope for? It does look like they're having a hard time looking at each other after that "save" in episode 2.

I definitely do love where this is going.

Things to hope for in the future:

1. Coffee moment between the two

2. Make out sesh in the boat on the top of the hill

3. A moonlit dance

4. More fish gutting, but only the two of them

5. Some misunderstandings between the elders and the Dimple Couple when the elders find them in a compromising position (I do love compromising positions and misunderstandings)

6. More compromising positions

7. HJ being jealous of some other girl who's mooning over DS (I can cameo, I don't mind, I moon over him daily as a ritual anyway)

8. Can we expect a Dimple Kiss?

HOMETOWN CHA-CHA-CHA, tin tức Mới nhất Shin Min Ah - Kim Seon Ho rạng rỡ  trong teaser phim mới, dân tình đặt luôn biệt danh là "cặp đôi má lúm" - Đọc

I can't seriously get over the Dimples in this drama!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Hye Jin was bein' a typical mean girl in ep. 02 but luckily there's a hottie as Chief Hong to sound her off LoL. 

I love all her outfits btw, as for her choice of footwear er--not so much LoL. The huge ornaments/buckles look tacky imo. I much prefer sneakers. 

And 'gain surprise, surprise no K-drama is made complete without the classic "childhood connection" ha-ha. 

@heartoppaya

You' re too cute! I especially smiled at your "wish list" #07 - making a cameo to incite jealousy out of Hye Jin. :gangnamstyle:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hye Jin was bein' a typical mean girl in ep. 02 but luckily there's a hottie as Chief Hong to sound her off LoL. 

I love all her outfits btw, as for her choice of footwear er--not so much LoL. The huge ornaments/buckles look tacky imo. I much prefer sneakers. 

And 'gain surprise, surprise no K-drama is made complete without the classic "childhood connection" ha-ha. 

@heartoppaya

You' re too cute! I especially smiled at your "wish list" #07 - making a cameo to incite jealousy out of Hye Jin. :gangnamstyle:

Haha thank you thank you!

Well, I can cameo but thing is I'm not a good contender. She would just look me over and DS is a guaranteed win for her. Especially cause my dimples exist once a month LMAO

I couldn't add one more thing to the wish list, but I'm too shy to-

Nevermind, I'm known as the Pervy Donsaeng since 2013. I've woken up from the dead to DEMAND a complimentary shower scene from KSH oppa. If we don't get it, I would be a bit disappointed and rewatch the 1D2N bare-chested (and swoonworthy for sure) scene over and over again. I already brought up the views in it anyway, with my rewatching.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, heartoppaya said:

About HJ, I do feel like she's not trying to get into the middle ground too but maybe that's her upbringing. She's a Seoulite, right, and that means she is usually well off than DS. She lost her mom and she's nostalgic about it, but she's also not in a good place with her dad and her stepmom. Maybe she forced herself to earn more money to take care of people. That's the only way she's common to DS, helping people

I do get the point here , but if we take out DS from the entire situation, here HJ herself decided to open a dental clinic in a village which is not a city. Either she can be a Pariah or adjust there.

Like when the Hotel Owner lady asked her to come to The party and promote her clinic, she did not really see the faces of people or again as DS said failed to get the hint because of slow processer, you just cant be that blunt as to ask to replace tiles due to mosquito issues, Even cities have flies. She unknowingly was too comfortable around that lady which made people not be friendly there, I do however agree the Mic incident was not her fault but ermmm a lil caution would be better. Like she could have placed her grievances alone instead out in open IMO. Kinda like what she did in the cafe, she wanted to pay but did not say why she did not finish her coffee. Sometimes she forgets to be diplomatic.

• Like 6