[Drama 2021] No One But a Madman/On The Verge Of Insanity, 미치지 않고서야

larus

What??? I thought it was playing this week and promised dad this show!

Urgh, sorry not sorry, but I do not care about the Olympics.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:58 AM, larus said:

I like how the writer wrote Ja young`s role. I am glad that we saw how things  went before Ja Young made that decision to tell the CEO. So, she saw how Mr. No used her and than he never proposed her for a promotion. I know she told the CEO about the crisis to protect her own interest but she did the right thing. Ban seok`s invention was good but he needs more time to make it functional. 

She did it for revenge too. And I don't blame her. She has given her all to this company and she has nowhere else to go. And Mr No kept promising her a big reward for her efforts and creativity, and she was creative. She thought and acted like an executive. But she was being thrown out with the trash. 

Never trust a boss. 

• Like 4

As expected not many people watch this thus the thread is moving so slow. Why is my currently watching list so unpopular? :D

I've watched 5 episodes and have to come to this thread to express how great the ending of episode 5 is. It's easy to cheer on Ban Seok. He's our hero. We feel frustrated when he does, we're angry when he is, we're in glee when he gains recognition or achieves something, be it as simple as gratitude of others he helps. But the ending of episode 5 is the first time i can empathize with Ja Yeong. She's just some kind and competent employee with no connection trying to survive in this harsh jungle called corporate. To make it worse, she's a woman (who will inevitably face discrimination) and has to deal directly with LOTS of other employees who will put their life on the line and do anything to keep their job. 

For the past 5 episodes i care only for Ban Seok. Wishing him getting what he deserves with all his competence and unbeatable experience in his field. But now i wish Ja Yeong will get her own happiness too.

Off to watch the remaining episodes :letsgo:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

‘Only Without Going Crazy’ Jung Jae-young and Moon So-ri, this is why ‘acting restaurant’… Even the back of the camera is a sympathetic maker

22WUSONHTUUVQ54Q74ML3MFIOA.jpg

Actors Jung Jae-young, Moon So-ri, Lee Sang-yeop, and Kim Ga-eun show the true value of empathy makers in 'On the Verge of Insanity'.

In the released behind-the-scenes cuts from the filming set of Jung Jae-young, Moon So-ri, Lee Sang-yeop, and Kim Ga-eun, adding depth of empathy with extraordinary acting synergy. In addition to the second round of turbulent survival, the actors' 'acting + chemistry' restaurant-like 'acting + chemistry' restaurant-like back view raises expectations.

The struggle of the Changin business division family doing their best to survive in their own way aroused the support of viewers.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/08/03/5DYZBCBVFEXFAUEYLSLKM4UDSU/

• Like 3

21 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Hi chingus! Is this drama existing? I don't know when I last watched it. Anyone knows what happened to this drama?

MVC will air today, August 11, another episode.

Only without going crazy’ Moon So-ri X Cha Cheong-hwa, ‘Girl Crush’ A close friend’s great performance ‘Expectation UP

2021081016510414831_00_537.jpg

Only without going crazy' Cha Cheong-hwa plays an active role as Moon So-ri's relief pitcher.

On the 10th, ahead of the 11th episode, the MBC Wednesday-Thursday mini-series 'Only Without Going Crazy' (played by Jeong Do-yoon Jeong, directed by Choi Jeong-in, produced by i.will Media) shows Shin Jung-ah (Cha Cheong-hwa) as a surprise knife scramble for the Changin division where a wind of cuts was blown. has been revealed Attention is focused on her performance as a hidden card in the HR team of the Changin business unit, which is hit by a storm of voluntary retirement.

In the last broadcast, the Changin division was taken aback by a defect in the main chip of the dishwasher. The management ignored the problem and proceeded with the sale, but Dang Ja-young (Moon So-ri), angry at the betrayal of her boss, reported it to Han Seung-gi (Jo Bok-rae), and the brake was stopped. Choi Ban-seok (Jung Jae-young) and Dang Ja-young, who were struggling to find a solution, overcame the crisis by using an anomaly detection system. However, it was difficult to avoid disciplinary action from the headquarters. In a situation where the sale of the Changin division was also unclear, the company's guidelines to accept applications for voluntary retirement from the fifth year or more heightened the sense of crisis.

Meanwhile, the appearance of Shin Jung-ah, who has been assigned as the head of the HR team, shakes the Changin business. Dang Ja-young, who had been given the mission of ‘selling the business division’ before her, tried to scout Shin Jung-ah as the person who would run her race with him. The reduction in staff also required the help of the finance team. However, Shin Jung-ah, who knew her party Ja-yeong's intentions, refused the position, saying that her own work-life balance was important. Shin Jung-ah's unusual presence, who was put into the job cut, draws her attention even more. While a major restructuring is foretold, Shin Jung-ah is paying attention to whether she will be a cold-blooded swordsman with Dang Ja-young.

In the 11th episode, which will be broadcast tomorrow (11th), the Changin division shakes violently. From the return of knifeman Ja-young Dang to Jung-ah Shin, who was assigned to the personnel team, everything is ready for the voluntary retirement mission. However, the resistance of the Changin business division's family is not formidable. Attention is drawn to the fate of Choi Ban-seok's super strong will be able to win the bloody office war.

The production team of 'Only Without Going Crazy' said, "Shin Jung-ah's appointment to the HR team further shakes up the business division, which has been shaken by the news of the layoffs. A fierce battle of n-year workers who have to survive is unfolding in an interesting way. Please wait and see if the Changin division can safely survive the second round of cataclysmic survival.”

Episode 11 of the MBC Wednesday-Thursday mini-series 'Only Without Going Crazy' will be broadcast tomorrow (11th) at 9 PM.

https://news.mtn.co.kr/v/2021081016510414831

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

That episode made me relive trauma from a past life!!!! It's like being back in employment all over again.

I watched episode 27 of the CDrama Rational Life immediately after, and that was also a bag of co-worker issues.... An A-hole boss who's out to get the female lead....

I'm coming Elizabeth!!

sanford and son GIF

I guess company issues are the same all around the world.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

YaY I'm so happy this is back. Missed it so much! 

Ugh why is Se Gwon still here!? Poor Ban Seok. Like the title he's driven to point of insanity as demonstrated at end of ep. 11. Can't say I blame him. 

His daughter's real sweet~ ha-ha she thinks Mr. Shin is a hottie. Real shame Mr. No was one of many that got laid off.

Hanmyeong is the absolute worse but then again business is business. People are just dispensable commodities. The rich are indeed the stingiest. 

Hang in there Ban Seok! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

It's a good thing we're having a reprieve from seeing Se Gwon's face all the time.

Ultimately, it all boils down to each his own. While she's got an attack of conscience when Ban Seok pointed out that he saved the company and her position at HR, she's still a pawn. She does not look for justification to save some of the valuable managers. She just follows the dictates of the higher ups. Guess she's afraid of receiving another warning or losing her job early because she needs money for her father's medical expenses. But as a senior officer, she can find other companies who would be willing to hire her. She could coerce those executives who made her their slave to write her a glowing reference.

I'm rooting for Ban Seok. He hasn't done anything wrong. Pity the company got hold of his invention. It could have been his stepping stone to transfer to another company. But that company should have reduced the workforce from some other redundant departments or reorganized. I mean, biz dev is a vital division. Without it what would the company produce?

They should have hired an independent firm to evaluate employee performance so there will be no bias. That way. no one can complain of preferential treatment. Why make an example of Ban Seok in that manner? That HR manager doesn't know how to think or strategize. She is willing to help other people if she can benefit from it. Like she helped her ex-husband because she thought that will bridge a connection with the company owner, which will assure her of an executive position.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Interesting turn of events. Ban Seok's all guns blazing tactic worked. Hanmyeong cancelled the voluntary resignations. 

Unfortunately Ms. Dang was thrown under the bus & lost her job. Only to start the same way as Ban Seok at the start. She's now placed under the R&D Team LMFAo! 

Furthermore Se Gwon makes a return ugh BooO. Never a dull day at Hanmyeong I tell ya ha-ha. With Ms. Dang-Se Gwon-Ban Seok in 1 team, the other staff better watch out ahahah. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Hooray for Ban Seok. I love all his lines. He's so matter-of-factly when putting the irritating and backstabbing Manager Dang in her place. She thinks she's so high and mighty and have enough clout not to be removed from her position. Backstabbing and humiliating the one person who helped her retain her position and save the company's reputation (and sales). Ban Seok is right, she caused her own downfall, with her irrational decisions, blind obedience, and personal ambition to be a company executive. She even acted like a dictator when she was talking to Director Bae about giving harsher punishment to Ban Seok. Imagine assigning a development engineer to the pantry of a director and even has the temerity to put a name plate on the pantry table for the guy.

Ban Seok should have shown her all the saved photos of her ex-husband and his lover when he confiscated SG's laptop. Then she'll know how trashy he is. In fact she and her ex have the same characteristics - clinging to connections no matter how thin it is just to secure their posts and putting down other people so prove they deserve to be retained by the company.

I do not know the actress playing Manager Dang, but why is she always scowling?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I liked the turns of events and that Ja Young lost her position at HR. Now she will feel how Ban Seok felt. I still  like Ja Young but she needed a lesson.

I was angry how they treated Ban-Seok after he saved them with his idea. It was so satisfying to see him take a stand for his rights. He always does the right thing and fights back.

I loved the scene where he went after Ja Young and apologized for telling his friends that she is a psychopath but said he  maintains his other statements. :D It hurt for Ja Young to hear that was a failure. Now that she was getting off of her high horse she could show her worth because she is a capable woman. I think she will do fine in the other departement but it won`t be easy. 

Ban Seok and Se Gwon in the same team again? it will be really interesting. :D

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

This drama lives up to its name depicting characters on the verge of insanity trying to keep their job. I love how the drama portrays that in a professional world, your ideals and thoughts could change as you go up the ladder. Even good natured people can be pushed to making a decision that is hard to accept, something that their previous self will dislike as well. It happens to Ja Young. And they show it well with director Gong, the previous QA manager. He was one of Ban Seok's close friends and colleagues. He wasn't ambitious, Han Soo said it himself as his once subordinate, but when put into higher position with greater pressure, he can't help but make a decision for the higher up's benefit, even if it means that the decision could humiliate his own friend. In the end all the workers, even the directors, are all slave to the money owner. 

On a side note Han Soo is such a delight. He's my 2nd favorite character. I see myself in him, not the genius part though i wish i have it, but the comfortable seeker type jumping from one place to another for a job that fits me when in fact i'm the one who need to adapt.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

So, I think Ban Seok was furious and hurt by Ja Young’s doubling down as an HR director during layoff time, and thought she was obsequious, but once he saw her with her father, he realized she had other considerations and was more likely to hold on to a job in the hand, so to speak? 

at least, if I have a sick relative to provide for, I won’t rock my work boat for anyone if I can help it, is what I’m thinking. 

• Like 3

'Only Without Going Crazy' Lee Sang-yeop predicts a dangerous runaway... Will there be a refreshing reversal?

MQOBUF2NP65ZTNZ5JW7NYRMUGU.jpg

Moon So-ri and Lee Sang-yeop foreshadowed a level-up performance in ‘Only Without Going Crazy’.

In the preview video for the 14th episode of the MBC Wednesday-Thursday mini-series 'Only Without Going Crazy' (written by Jeong Do-yoon, directed by Choi Jeong-in, produced by iwill media), which will be broadcast on the 19th, Dang Ja-young (Moon So-ri), who is the youngest member of the 'excessive passion' product planning team. ) and the 'Home Mirror' project, the research building family was revealed. In addition to this, CEO Han Seung-gi (Jo Bok-rae), who is proceeding with the sale of the Changin division again, heralded an office war that is still not windy.

In the last broadcast, Choi Ban-seok (Jung Jae-young), Dang Ja-young, and Han Se-kwon (Lee Sang-yeop) started to get entangled again with the 'Home Mirror' project. Choi Ban-seok, dreaming of a job change, focused on fault diagnosis technology, and Dang Ja-young struggled to survive in the product planning team. In addition to this, Han Se-kwon, who returned to fight for lust, opened a new survival round.

In episode 14, which will be aired on the 19th, the Changin business division, busy at the end of the development of 'Home Mirror', is drawn. The conflict between Choi Ban-seok and Han Se-kwon over the demonstration is expected to intensify. The ‘Home Mirror’ project, which contains each of their big pictures, draws attention to whether they will succeed.

The production team of 'Only Without Going Crazy' said, "To succeed in the 'Home Mirror' version's fault diagnosis technology, Choi Ban-seok and Dang Ja-young will come together again. The two people's performances will provide a refreshing reversal." "Han Se-kwon's hidden plans will also be revealed. Please wait and see what kind of disturbance he will bring.”

(Google translate)

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/08/19/CS4U5O7LIGCS7U6WGMNVCSI3DU/

• Like 2

Se Gwon is just... sigh.. hopeless ain't he?! Why the heck is Ms. Dang's dad so clingy with him beats the heck out of me?! If he only knew the sort of person Se Gwon truly is. Then 'gain he has already checked out, mentally. 

I was very moved by Ms. Shin & Ban Seok on helping out with Ms. Dang's dad. He can be a grouch that Ban Seok but he's actually pretty warm hearted. 

Poor Ms. Dang the terms with "Map Reduce.. Apache.." LMFAo! Then her havin' to do 300-700 squats OMG. 

I agree with Se Gwon though.. Ban Seok/Ms.Dang do make a cute couple eheh. 

Btw Ban Seok develops software but cannot work a simple mobile app on bank loans ha-ha! 

• Like 3

I don't get why Ms. Dang has a perpetually petulant face even if she's alone. Also, why is she so confrontational when speaking with Ban Seok? She feels so high and mighty and thought herself invincible when she was still at HR. She's fallen from her high horse but she acts snooty. Hopefully she realized how Ban Seok felt when suddenly thrown into HR when he knows nothing about its work process, and there was no one to teach/guide him.

Spoiler

This is just a personal observation, so take it with a grain of salt. The actor playing Ms. Dang's ex-husband looks like a mischief maker in real life. He seems like a petty and self-centered person.

• Like 2