[Drama 2021] No One But a Madman/On The Verge Of Insanity, 미치지 않고서야

larus

This is such a good drama. I can't help but like Choi Ban-seok more and more with every episode. There is nothing I have not said before. From his easy-going friendly, helpful selfless acts to his tenacity, his desire to learn more. He is so unfazed when the other person is being a complete jerk.    Han Se-kwon is a selfish man. A leader doesn't leave his team members to fend for themselves.  Why are you a leader then? He has no ethical values. Stealing seems to be his second nature. Bullying and using underhand tactics to get his job done is the usual norm for him. He has no real knowledge of the field. I strongly feel that he got one time lucky with that dishwasher or might have stolen someone else's ideas again. He is too full of himself. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I knew that Ban Seok `s mother will be interested to push his son and his boss lady. :D

Ja young saw how  passionate he is about engineering. When I saw him how selfless he was and genuine wanted to help the others I asked myself what is doing this guy at HR departement? He is a good teacher for the younger generation as well. He is a very good team leader. Of course he wants Han Se-kwon to fail. :w00t: So do I.

As I said before, he will do a good job at the new task as well.

Han Se Kwon , you weasel! No, I don`t want to insult the  innocent animal. He doesn`t have talent or leadership qualities what`s so ever. Without remorse, he appropriated the project of others. He can`t survive there on his own merits, without lying and stealing the ideas of others.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

as it should, i really like it when slice of life dramas are airing, its just so refreshing to see. a mix of misaeng here and there but not completely. Awaiting to see what our HR manager's next move will be. 

p.s. han se gwon deserves all the bad things in life

• Like 4

I was so upset for Hae-Mi and I am glad how things resolved for her. I like the smile of Ban Seok when she spoke up at the meeting. He was proud and so do I. 

I laugh so much at the funny moments of this show. It is simple and realistic and that`s why i laugh. The humor is sublte and felt so natural incorporating in the show.  For exemple how Ban seok took the picture with him in it. :w00t:

The preview.... Ja Young will kiss Ban seok? :w00t:

• Like 4

Sang Yeob has a very punchable face:fear: Se Gwon is nothing but a bully and a loser with a capital "L". Just how did he get hired in the first place..?! He offers nothing to his team, most of his ideas suck. He steals ideas from others and pass them off as his own:triumph: What does Na Ri and Ms. Dang see in him?! 

That next ep. preview - what the heck is that LMFAo? :smirk: Is there really a loveline for Ms. Dang & Ban Seok?? His Mom's already super eager for their union to happen! :joy:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The episodes get better and better with each passing week. Omo! Did we see a kiss in the preview? I can't keep calm! But what is this thing about firing Choi Ban-seok ?:tears: I am waiting for the day he develops something fantastic and leaves everyone incredibly impressed.  He is secretly working on something and Dang Ja-young has already given him her word regarding a wish fulfillment. I can't wait to see the stunned faces of all concerned, especially Han Se-kwon.

I am glad the senior researcher called him out for his very unprofessional behaviour. He doesn't deserve to be a TL. He preys on others' ideas and passes them off as his won. He lacks innovation and ideas. He has no knowledge. He is too full of himself because he has a hit product under his belt. But, he truly lacks leadership qualities. The senior researcher might me from a technical college but she surely is more qualified than   Han Se-kwon. I think they forgot to teach him an important lesson, 'knowledge doesn't depend on degrees, or what college you have studied from. As is evident from  Han Se-kwon's attitude and underhand, unprofessional behaviour. He is too full of himself and doesn't know the true meaning of being a TL. TL don't throw their team members under the bus and expect them to fend for themselves, and belittle them at every opportunity. Han Se-kwon, you are an insecure man that's why you never play fair. More power to the senior researcher who stood up to his bullying and called him out in the public.  More power to you, girl.

I am in favour of the evaluation. I think youngsters feel left out because they lack the experience and the higher ups favour the more experienced. There is nothing wrong with experience. But the complacency is what I have an issue with. Those in senior positions feel too complacent so a new leave of life needs to be instilled. Just because we are young, we don't lack the experience, you cannot throw your weight around.

Han Se-kwon is incapable of loving anyone. Already, he has come to the conclusion that Dang Ja-young is talking about him. I wonder why she decided to marry a weakling like him. I am excited to see the budding 'romance' if any between Dang Ja-young and  Choi Ban-seok. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Man!! Is Se Gwon a POS or what!! Throwing that senior researcher under the bus like that was just top grade evil! That scene crossed the realm of kdrama into my reality because I FELT that personally!! How many times have we seen people like that at work?? :angry:

There's gonna have to be a serious redemptive arc for me to want him to be with Ja Young because he's just a terrible person. I have sunk my ship! No more wanting the two together unless he does a 540degree change. In his defence tho, we've only seen one side of him and little backstory....

As for Choi Ban Seok, I love his look of quiet judgement! :lol: He watches things happen, points them out directly to Ja Young and then steps in to save the day like the Salaryman Superman that he is!! lol!! 

I'm loving that love triangle at the end of episode 6 at the restaurant... Ja Young, Se Gwon and an unbothered Ban Seok... Am I wrong for this??!! :relaxed:

• Like 3

Ahahahah nice to see Ban Seok back in his natural habitat! 

After that unexpected kiss he took more care with his appearance LoL. Using lip balm, cologne & a different colored check shirt too. 

Na Ri was ridiculous! She was overreacting over what Ms. Dang said. No wonder Ms. Dang kissed Ban Seok, especially after hearing all that crap on what Se Gwon told to Na Ri. Geez he's truly a POS. 

I really liked Ban Seok took the trouble to record her dad's voice call.. that was really considerate. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

After that unexpected kiss he took more care with his appearance LoL. Using lip balm, cologne & a different colored check shirt too. 

His shirt was red as red can be and I laughed so hard! Ahjussi's blood is racing and he's been rejuvenated!!:D We have a set up for something to happen between he and Ja Young but they're in different departments so they're gonna have to work harder to be together, at least during the day.

Question: didn't Se Gwon look  jealous of that kiss? I need to know what happened in their marriage and why they divorced!

I love how complicated this drama is. R&D work is complicated, personal life is complicated, it's perfect!!

• Like 2

This drama would have me terrified to work for a big company with an HR department like this.  She is conniving and scheming all the time.  She lies and does whatever she's told so that she can get ahead and noticed by the higher-ups.  They will probably get rid of her in the same manner.  She is being used to do all the dirty work and won't get the promotion at the least.

• Like 4

OMG the next day scene when CBS was all dressed up with cologne and applying lip balm was so funny. I really love his character - nice and spicy. He has just the right amount of ego that I can stand. JJY is a great choice for this character. The vibe is totally different from Dr Baek Bom.

• Like 4

“My Roommate Is A Gumiho” Holds Steady In Ratings + “On The Verge Of Insanity” Sets New Personal Best

38b11acf1e9e444d851309b81349d42d.jpeg?s=

Jul 15, 2021
by C. Hong

The Wednesday-Thursday night dramas saw modest increases in ratings this week.

On MBC, “On the Verge of Insanity” recorded average nationwide ratings of 3.8 percent, a new personal best for the drama. The drama’s previous personal best had been 3.45 percent (combined average rating for the drama’s first episode). It is also a jump up from the previous week’s ratings of 3.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1479242wpp/my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-holds-steady-in-ratings-on-the-verge-of-insanity-sets-new-personal-best

• Like 3