[Drama 2021] No One But a Madman/On The Verge Of Insanity, 미치지 않고서야

larus

That CEO/President whatever of Hanmyeong has this despicable face LoL. He truly look the part of a villain. 

On the other, it's cute how Ms. Shin has fanboys in the R&D Team eheh. That good for nothing Se Gwon GROW THE EFF UP. 

Why can't he channel all that energy into improving himself?! Too much to ask I suppose. He could've gotten so much accomplish aside from constantly picking on Ban Seok. Misery Loves Company tsk. 

I like how Ms. Dang & Ban Seok worked together in solving Se Gwon's stupid requirement of cutting it down to 30sec. Sheesh. 

The other cast of characters make this show the gem it truly is. Their interactions, dialogues  are always fun, witty. Love seeing how they take jabs at each other but also working cohesively as a unit or try to at least LoL. 

• Like 5

That Se Gwon is a hopeless case. I doubt that he's a good developer. He got his position through subterfuge and using his scant connection with wealthy relatives. He doesn't learn his lessons, and always looking for an easy way out.

I guess his biggest mistake was working with the other relative who is a business and family rival of the president of Hamnyeong Home Appliances. He sold off his employer for personal gain. He doesn't have a conscience and he's too shallow.  Hope his day of reckoning happens in ep. 15 so we do not have to suffer seeing his ugly face until the last episode.

On a side note. I was so surprised at Cha Chung Hwa. In Mr. Queen, she looked bigger. But in this drama, you can see how petite she is. She's got such a nice body, although she's on the thin side. And she's still funny.

• Like 4

:onfirex:

I need to channel my frustrations. While watching episode 14 there are times i want to go inside the screen, slap Se Gwan left and right multiple times and pull his hair. This is the kinda boss i hate most. Only good in talking and lobbying but use it only for his own benefit and give pressure to the subordinates when he himself is incompetent in the field he's in charge with. I feel all the developers under his supervision, especially Ban Seok and Han Soo. Changing one thing in a program is already a hard work. Now he wants everything to be done in short time, without giving any help. Does he think everyone is a machine who can work 24h a day having no family, friends, or social life. Sorry i'm having deja vu of my boss which leads me to reliving the frustation i felt when he always pushes me to do many things that he wants fast, when he himself barely do anything.

I sincerely hope Ban Seok can move to other management that can value him better now that he's mastered both software and hardware. Just like what Da Young said, he'll be great anywhere he goes.

• Like 5

I can`t believe Se Gwon. He wants revenge after he hade a big problem for the company? And he returned as the head of departement to the old team? Facepalms.  I actually find his girfriend more mature and wise. Good to her that she did not accepted him back in her life.  At least for now.

I actually was so happy when Ban seok and Ja young come up with a solution for their project.

Ban Seok`s face when his mother send him to Ja young with the food. :w00t: Why she can`t give Ja young the food? Don`t ask.:P

I also agree with Se Gwon that they make a good couple.

From the preview, it seems that Ban seok will leave the company. I have a feeling that he will go to the same company that will buy Hanmyeong Electronics.

1 hour ago, bee_wannabe said:

This is the kinda boss i hate most. Only good in talking and lobbying but use it only for his own benefit and give pressure to the subordinates when he himself is incompetent in the field he's in charge with.

I can`t believe that he returned as nothing happened. Not only he was not fired, but he had a choice to choose where he will work next, in a management position no less. I don`t wonder that the comapany doesn`t do well with incompetent people like Se Gwon bossing around the much competent employees.

Yes, Ban seok will do great anywhere he will go. I hope the people who will hire him will value him as he deserves.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, larus said:

I can`t believe that he returned as nothing happened. Not only he was not fired, but he had a choice to choose where he will work next, in a management position no less. I don`t wonder that the comapany doesn`t do well with incompetent people like Se Gwon bossing around the much competent employees.

Exactly. I get that he proves he can bring 10 million won to the company with the data of possible market in vietnam. Then why doesnt the CEO put him in marketing or purchasing department? Something related to business development or expansion of the company. Because he definitely does not fit in the research and development department. Not with that mindset. He has degree in technical field? Well his degree is useless when he can't even realize the problem is in the sensor when the sweeping machine he develops fails to avoid hurdle. Try asking vocational student about it and i bet some can even say the problem right away although they may not be able to understand why the high quality sensor can not function properly. It's his stubbornness in thinking that he's all above the others especially those under him be it education, family background, or position, and that leads him to thinking he's always right and no one can criticize him.

Does he forget how he feels everytime his cousin or big family ridicule or underestimate him for his status? And now he's doing the same thing to others below him. One success of broken soapless dish machine and he's acting all mighty. With that one success (with the help of Ja Young in writing the proposal) he achieves stable managerial position in the company while Ban Seok with his multiple achievement needs to face employment crisis everytime there is a restucture.

He asks for self destruction and i can't wait to see. Don't ask me to feel sympathy for him, show, because that's what i see when you explain how his father goes bankrupt or how he feels guilt and regret for the state his father in law is in. He is the one who create the mess, continuously.

• Like 4

Moon So Ri Gazes Worriedly At The Injured Lee Sang Yeob In “On The Verge Of Insanity”

3e300611ad9944769163908f66d60eda.jpeg?s=

Aug 25, 2021
by L. Kim

MBC drama “On the Verge of Insanity” shared new stills ahead of today’s episode!

“On the Verge of Insanity” stars Jung Jae YoungMoon So RiLee Sang Yeob, and Kim Ga Eun as office workers locked in a fierce competition to survive and hold on to their jobs as their company is swept up in a round of layoffs.

Spoilers

Previously, the drama unveiled the reason why Han Se Kwon (Lee Sang Yeob) returned to Development Team No. 1. He was trying to stab CEO Han Seung Ki (Jo Bok Rae) in the back by stealing the core manpower and skills. In addition, he tackled the diagnosis technique of Choi Ban Suk (Jung Jae Young) and continued to seek revenge by using Dang Ja Young (Moon So Ri).

In the newly released stills, Han Se Kwon displays a meaningful smile. It seems like he’s satisfied with the way things are going according to plan. However, Seo Na Ri (Kim Ga Eun) appears to be disappointed in him.

lee-sang-yeob-1.jpg

kim-ga-eun-2.jpg

Other photos show Han Se Kwon meeting with Dang Ja Young. He has a bloody nose, and she gazes at him with worried eyes. Han Se Kwon’s plans can destroy everyone’s dreams, so viewers are curious to find out what he will do next.

Spoiler

lee-sang-yeop-1.jpg

moon-so-ri-1.jpg

The production team shared, “Before Han Se Kwon will get his revenge, the Changin Business Department will face a strong aftermath. The sight of those struggling to survive ‘well’ until the end will make viewers feel deep sympathy.”

The next episode of “On the Verge of Insanity” will air on August 25 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485420wpp/moon-so-ri-gazes-worriedly-at-the-injured-lee-sang-yeob-in-on-the-verge-of-insanity

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I’m going to feel very sad for Se Gwon, today, I think. He’s going to have some cruel lessons because he will get caught playing silly games and winning the worst prizes. And I always feel bad for people like him, who learn wrong, when they basically took a wrong turn and couldn’t get out of their bad ideas. But that doesn’t mean they should get away with things, just that they should straighten out.

• Like 4

This drama is so underrated. It's good though and I believe those who are in employment would appreciate it. I like how the story is about professional growth for both leads - and their eventual breakaway from Hammyeong who at present is not a company that appreciates the human resources well. I hope at the end, that Hammyeong and E&C will reap what they sow.

HSG is really a jerk. Big time!

• Like 5

My idea came true - Ban Seok started his own company, yey!

The president of Hamnyeong Household Electronics told his assistant to make sure that Se Gwon cannot work in the industry anymore and to send him to prison. The assistant cautioned the president and told him to make Se Gwon suffer after the sale of the BizDev department of Hamnyeong.

It would be a big blow to the company if BanRock becomes its buyer, OR maybe all the experienced and skilled staff of Hamnyeong who love and believe in Ban Seok will voluntarily resign before the sale and transfer to BanRock.  In the ending of Ep, 15, Ban Seok will be presenting to venture capitalists for startup funding.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021] No One But a Madman/On The Verge Of Insanity, 미치지 않고서야

This is it. We're down to just 1 ep. huhuhu~ so sad to see this go.. I will miss all the "Insanity cast" such a wacky, fun bunch! 

Yup Se Gwon has to drag everyone with him. He just can't seem to make a clean slate seriously. 

Ha-ha Ban Seok, pres. of Banstone Co. It's givin' me Samsan Tech vibes eheh. The hug he gave Ms. Dang though - just date already you two! 

Mr. Shin's "this is like Hanmyeong Season 2" ahahahahah. 

• Like 5

“On The Verge Of Insanity” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Hospital Playlist 2” Heads Into Hiatus At No. 1

668652f07e454b7da689928db4d848ff.jpeg?s=

Aug 27, 2021
by E. Cha

MBC’s “On the Verge of Insanity” has ended on a high note!

On August 26, the series finale of the office comedy drama starring Lee Sang Yeob, Jung Jae Young, and Moon So Ri achieved the highest viewership ratings of the show’s entire run. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “On the Verge of Insanity” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.3 percent, marking a new all-time high for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485775wpp/on-the-verge-of-insanity-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-hospital-playlist-2-heads-into-hiatus-at-no-1

• Like 4

I was moved by the way Ban Seok incorporated his life story into his DS Doctor presentation - it made it personal & heartwarming. 

Han Seung Ki's face fell at the favorable response the audience gave to Banstone Co. It was satisfying to watch! 

Ban Seok's negotiation skill was just as good LoL. Banstone Co. made it. Ms. Dang gets promoted to Co. CEO & she has a snazzier wardrobe with car to boot LoL. 

Se Gwon's still a p.o.s but thankfully didn't join Banstone, he's a youtuber ha-ha. Plus he's gettin' married to Na Ri. 

I really love Mr. Shin with Ban Seok's friendship. They're like Batman with Robin or somethin' LoL. 

I'd say again that it' s the cast that made this drama so watchable from start to finish. Liked how it felt relatable & moving at times & I laughed along to the characters. 

Take care, I bid y'all adieu now. Be safe XoX. 

• Like 5

Moon So Ri, Lee Sang Yeob, Jung Jae Young, And More Share Closing Comments For “On The Verge Of Insanity”

58a0cd44aa4541179751457f31e8328f.jpeg?s=

Aug 28, 2021
by C. Hong

The cast of MBC’s “On the Verge of Insanity” shared their closing comments on the drama.

“On the Verge of Insanity” was a relatable and realistic workplace drama about a group of longtime employees at an electronics company and their fierce fight for survival amid layoffs, department reshuffling, and promotions.

moon-so-ri-on-the-verge-of-insanity.jpeg

Moon So Ri, who was appearing in a drama for the first time in a while, starred as Jang Da Young, the workaholic team manager of Human Resources. She said, “It feels really like I was an employee of Hanmyung Electronics for a long time and I’ve just left the company. We filmed all of it on location in Changwon, and the cast and crew became close while rooming together away from Seoul for five months, so it feels even more regrettable to say goodbye. I’m grateful that the viewers had fun watching our drama and people seemed to react well to the show.”

She added, “The drama itself was about living a life of endurance, so I thought that a lot of people could relate and find comfort from it. We had to take a break from airing for two weeks due to the Tokyo Olympics coverage, but our ratings rose after the break. I felt that it meant that our viewers had been waiting for our drama, so I was really grateful for the support. I will next appear in the movie ‘Seoul Vibe,’ so please look forward to it.”

lee-sang-yeob-on-the-verge-of-insanity.j

Lee Sang Yeob starred as Han Se Kwon, the perfect-on-paper employee who gets promoted early for talking big but has a lot of hidden insecurities. He said, “The cast and crew spent half a year together in Changwon and worked really hard. It was an honor to be able to work with you. We filmed during difficult times and in difficult situations, but I was able to stay strong because my co-workers were always energetic. I hope that we can meet again soon. Thank you.”

He continued, “Our viewers made this drama together with us. It is thanks to their support and love that we were able to have a good ending. I enjoyed acting amid everyone’s sincere interest and criticism. Thank you for watching over the annoying Han Se Kwon with affection until the end.”

Spoiler

jung-jae-young-on-the-verge-of-insanity.

Jung Jae Young starred as Choi Ban Seok, a man who worked in the engineering team for 22 years before being transferred into Human Resources. He said, “I remember when we had our first filming in March. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom i Changwon and it was a beautiful sight. It’s a shock to realize that it’s already been six months since then. I always feel a sense of lingering feelings and regret at the end of a project, but I think it’s even stronger for ‘On the Verge of Insanity.’ I think I’ll miss it a lot.”

He continued, “I want to thank all the viewers who cherished our drama and watched over us. It was thanks to you that we were able to keep our spirits up and film with enjoyment. I want to thank the writer, director, the many staff members, and my co-stars for working really hard. I want to thank the representatives of Changwon and its citizens for helping us film as well.”

Spoiler

kim-ga-eun-on-the-verge-of-insanity.jpeg

Kim Ga Eun starred as Seo Na Ri, a senior employee in product planning who aimed to have both a successful career and a successful love life. She said, “It was a new experience for me to play a career woman in ‘On the Verge of Insanity.’ We started in the spring and filmed through the hot days of summer. It was a meaningful time for me to pool my strength with my senior actors, my co-stars, and the production staff. I feel that I have learned and experienced a lot on set. Everyone worked really hard. Thank you to those who watched ‘On the Verge of Insanity.'”

Spoiler

kim-nam-hee-on-the-verge-of-insanity.jpe

Kim Nam Hee played Shin Han Soo, who shared a back-and-forth co-worker relationship with Choi Ban Suk and made the viewers laugh with his funny lines. He said, “Through ‘On the Verge of Insanity,’ I wanted to speak on behalf of the inner thoughts of company employees everywhere. I hope that the viewers could relate to him, and I would be grateful even just if they were able to laugh through him. I developed a lot of affection for the cast and crew while working for months in Changwon, so it feels both refreshing and regretful to say goodbye.”

Spoiler

on-the-verge-of-insanity.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485975wpp/moon-so-ri-lee-sang-yeob-jung-jae-young-and-more-share-closing-comments-for-on-the-verge-of-insanity

• Like 2

It's nicely wrapped. Not to mention it's getting funnier with the hilarious shin siblings. I feel secondhand anxiety when Ban Seok struggles to do the presentation and find myself thinking out loud "it's ok Ban Seok, it's ok, you can do it well" then cheer along with them when they win.

Another point i'd like to say though it may sound judgemental, is that the show indirectly speak about the underappreciated science/engineering worker. It's business anyway. It's important to bring most money out of least resources, and development process can suck huge amount of money with unpredictable profit of the end product. But on the other side these people usually do their job for passion and actualization (not to mention that money is important factor as well). They show it through Ban Seok, Go Jung Pil, and Shin Han Soo. Even when Ban Seok's succeeded with his startup, he choose to give the highest position to someone who is more capable in the management, and he feels content with the work that he loves, product development.

A really good show. Hope more people will watch it even after it ends.

• Like 4

It was a good show from start to finish. I want more dramas like this. It is one of my favorite dramas this year so far. I am glad that it was apreciated (I only read good reviews) even if it did not have high ratings.

• Like 4