[Drama 2021] Like a Butterfly/ Navillera, 나빌레라

larus

7 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

@mistymorningIm glad the drama is a little different from the webtoon. 

So HB isnt just a bully otherwise it would be boring.

Im a little disappointed when HB hit CRs friend. Especially he didnt do it alone.

That was childish. 

Dramatization changed things here and there and one of them is HB's story. I agree that HB as a character is more interesting in the drama, I wonder how they're going to redeem him. CR and Haraboji tried to give him a helping hand - CR saying it's not too late... Haraboji's talk after the accident. Hopefully they show the story in fresh way. And in webtoon, there's a scene of CR that left HB deep impression, I hope they include that scene in the drama. It was a really beautiful scene!

About HB beating SJ, yeah, I saw that coming. HB is at the bottom now and already beat CR before his fall. But I found SJ and CR caring for each other so cute - SJ tried to beat HB for CR and CR treating SJ's injuries - and feel really nice CR still have a good friend like SJ in his life. Left me feel so warm :)

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, mistymorning said:

I noticed that CR seems to avoid accusing HB, maybe they were close friends before?

I dont think he ever hit HB...

34 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

Hopefully they show the story in fresh way. And in webtoon, there's a scene of CR that left HB deep impression, I hope they include that scene in the drama. It was a really beautiful scene!

Now I wonder what kind of scene is it..   :D 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, mistymorning said:

And Kim Kwon is a hottie! He's 31 years old and still look very young. Watching his angsty image on drama, both SK and KK is funny and soft souls in making clip. Hope they restore their friendship soon. :) 

Kim Kwon is 31 years old?

:Woah:

I have to say that he has caught my eye in this drama. Don't know if it's his face, his blonde hair or the combination of both. Can't recall ever having watched him in any drama before. He's doing a great job in Navillera! :love: And the blonde hair really suits him too.

My wish is that they would style Song Kang's hair a bit differently to show off his dashing good looks. In the first episode they showed him without his bangs covering his forehead. More of that please!

:highonflowers:

@larus Chingu, have you caught up yet? :D

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

@larus Chingu, have you caught up yet?

I watched just one episode. Someone was keeping me on the phone for two hours. I was too tired to watch another episode. :D I like this drama. It is a genre that I usual like and look forward watching.

Naviella' CP "Park In-hwan, The Secret to Impressive Acting? Sincerity" [Direct Interview]

2021040814244994104_1.jpg

As'Navilera' repeats episodes, Park In-hwan's ballet challenge is giving viewers a calming impression. Among the numerous strong characters that appeared in the home theater, Park In-hwan is performing a heart-blowing acting.

In addition to Songgang's growing season,'Navilera' is also giving viewers great fun with Park In-hwan's ballet challenge. Deokchul, played by In-Hwan Park in the play, is also a common father in this era, who spent many years for his family while he was young. Deokchul's challenge to do what he wants to do only in old age leads to the thought of'my father too...', forming a consensus.
This year, 76-year-old Park In-hwan, although in the play, challenges a ballet that would not have been easy. And the secret to impressing Park In-hwan's acting was directly answered by Kim Gun-hong (Chief Producer) of'Navilera'.

First of all, regarding the opportunity Park In-hwan challenged ballet through'Navilera', CP Kim Geon-hong told Star News, "Park In-hwan has a strong willingness to try a new challenge called ballet. He was doing sports like tennis before, so physically “There seems to be no problem, and I think that you took the ballet lessons well because you had such basic physical strength.”

CP Kim said, "I practiced ballet with actor Song Kang for about 6 months, and I think you enjoyed ballet during that period." "I think the ballet's charm, which I hadn't seen easily, was more attractive to actor Park In-hwan."
(Google translation)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, partyon said:

On another note. I put up a poll, chingus. Please vote

I have voted! The first question is so hard, I am glad you open it for multiple answers, lol.

To be honest, with all the gloom on the real world, watching drama with warm relationship like this is healing for me.

The second question, well, I don't want something bad like alzheimer happens to haraboji... but... *sigh*

Hopefully, the show will treat him well *bracing my heart*.

16 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Im a little disappointed when HB hit CRs friend. Especially he didnt do it alone.

That was childish. 

I agree that was childish! However, considering his characteristic, it would be out of character if he straight away mellowed just because that one incident. I hope that the show gives him a good development thought. That scene on the stairs was a good start. He was shaken and regretful; it's the matter of his pride now that might hold him back from progressing forward. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 4/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, gayyoxx said:

The quality of Halaboeji x Chae-Rok's relationship is equal to Halmeoni x Han Jipyeong. 

I hope that they'll get happy ending.

so true...I didnt think of that...:D

3 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

I agree that was childish! However, considering his characteristic, it would be out of character if he straight away mellowed just because that one incident. I hope that the show gives him a good development thought. That scene on the stairs was a good start. He was shaken and regretful; it's the matter of his pride now that might hold him back from progressing forward. 

yep, that stupid pride gives him false safety. 

I think he will be able to deal with it.  

EyOP6u_VEAI1w4v?format=jpg&name=medium

TvN

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon, I have voted. I watched the 6 episodes available. I love this drama. I think I voted almost all pairings. :D I love all the interactions in the drama. They are so real. I don`t even hate Ho-Beom . He is a bully but I could see his pain and frustration on himself. I was glad when Deok-Chool  went to see him and told him he could rise too. I am still think he will change but it is up to him.

I really hope Deok-Chool will be alright/healthy and I hope he will fulfill his dream. I root for him so bad. But more than that, I love how Deok Chool and Chae Rok help each other.  I love their relationship the most. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, larus said:

@partyon, I have voted. I watched the 6 episodes available. I love this drama. I think I voted almost all pairings. :D I love all the interactions in the drama. They are so real. I don`t even hate Ho-Beom . He is a bully but I could see his pain and frustration on himself. I was glad when Deok-Chool  went to see him and told him he could rise too. I am still think he will change but it is up to him.

I really hope Deok-Chool will be alright/healthy and I hope he will fulfill his dream. I root for him so bad. But more than that, I love how Deok Chool and Chae Rok help each other.  I love their relationship the most. 

OMO! Chingu, you watched all episodes in one day? :hushed:

eurovision wow GIF

Thanks for voting! :partyblob: I like the drama a lot too. I'm so happy to have found this little gem of a drama - especially since I've been in a drama slump for a while already.

I hope everyone has a happy ending, but most of all I want haraboji and Chae Rok to be alright in the end. :kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Song Kang Wholeheartedly Supports Park In Hwan As He Puts On His First Performance As A Ballerino In “Navillera”

Apr 12, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s heartwarming drama “Navillera” unveiled new stills of Song Kang and Park In Hwan!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” is about Shim Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Lee Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

Spoilers

Previously, Lee Chae Rok suffered a leg injury during a scuffle with Yang Ho Beom (Kim Kwon). This put a halt in his plans to enter a competition. His teacher Ki Seung Joo (Kim Tae Hoon) was worried Lee Chae Rok would end up like him and forbid him from taking part in it. However, Lee Chae Rok refused to give up and expressed his desire to participate in the competition.

On April 12, the drama released two sets of stills that gave a glimpse of what will happen in the next episode.

First off, Shim Duk Chool is spotted doing a ballet recital in front of ballerinas. His expression is rigid with nervousness, and he places his hand over his heart as if he’s trying to calm down his thumping heart. Shim Duk Chool manages to muster up the courage to carry on with his performance, and he shows off elegant moves with flexible fingertips. Lee Chae Rok applauds heartily with a broad smile on his face. He is proud that his first student has grown enough to present in front of ballerinas, and it will be intriguing to see what Shim Duk Chool will do next in order to fulfill his goal of becoming a ballerino.

navillera-31.jpg

The second set of stills show Lee Chae Rok experiencing a stressful moment.

Lee Chae Rok is in the changing room of the ballet studio with a look of disbelief on his face. His face is pale with seriousness, and his expression gradually stiffens as if he is faced with an unbelievable reality. Then he starts to shed tears, leaving viewers to wonder what happened to him.

The production team hinted, “Today, Lee Chae Rok will come across a shocking fact about Shim Duk Chool. Please watch the broadcast to see what new crisis has come to the duo.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463763wpp/song-kang-wholeheartedly-supports-park-in-hwan-as-he-puts-on-his-first-performance-as-a-ballerino-in-navillera

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

It’s about kindness isn’t it?  This drama is about kindness.  Haraboji is the voice of kindness.  Responding to every situation thrust at him (good or bad) with kindness.  Even when the person is treating him with rudeness and malevolence.  Often through no fault of his own?  Yet he absorbs it and returns it with kindness.  Whether it’s his opinionated wife, his sanctimonious oldest son, his vagrant youngest son, abrupt CR, disenchanted HB, he responds with kindness.  And our world so needs kindness right now.  A soft spoken word in a world that shouts.  So much easier to take advice when someone’s just kind.  :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Has anyone watched ep 7?

It was warm and fuzzy as usual until the last five minutes. 

Spoiler

It's confirmed that harabeoji has Alzheimer. Apparently, he has not shared this with his family.

So sad. I can't with the flashback of his happy memories.... 

Dang it, show! You must give a good storyline for our harabeoji.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

My heart aches for poor gramps.. so he is aware he has alzheimers. Now Chae Rok does too, wonder how well will granny take on this news? 

Admired gramps passion for ballet, how he & lady in wheelchair danced so beautifully despite their limitations. 

Sheesh Ho Beom just never learns does he?! Someone should push him down the stairs or something! Maybe the Deluxe Taxi  team of "Taxi Driver" could knock some sense into him LoL! 

Love sassy granny. Those nosy neighbours, so judgmental! Hey at least gramps is doing something worthy. Unlike them who go round judging. 

It's already so heartwrenching... can only imagine it getting much, much heavier in later ep. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 2

Everything went so well - or as good as it could - in episode 7, until the last scene. I loved Ki Seungjoo and Chaerok's moment and their relationship. It's such a wholesome relationship and Ki is a teacher anyone wishes to have in life. CR wanted to do competition more so because he told his dad, I hope to see Dad supporting CR's decision in later episode.

CR practicing ballet in the studio was beautiful. If I can make it, I would love to play the scene forever. SK is a beauty and director knows how to show it. And every ballet scene is done beautiful in this drama. 

At the last scene, I knew it was coming but I still cried a bucket. PIH is a great actor. :'( And when we're desperate we still need mom and dad. 

Tomorrow's episode is going to be emotional again. and @rocher22, the scene is coming! Episode 8 preview has part of it. In the webtoon CR danced under the rain, in the drama it seems that CR will dance under the snow.

Episode 8 Text Preview

Accidentally reading Deukchul's note, Chaerok can't believe it and run to Deukchul's home!.... Stumbles on Sungkwan's birthday party and is invited. He hesitates whether to let family know Deukchul's secret or not....

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

@mistymorningIm interested in that scene..I hope HB will be a little kinder.   :D 

Mr. Shim's confusion, his blank stare and the darkness around him are portrayed realistically.

Its a serious illness and Mrs. Shim needs to find out as soon is possible.

His safety is more important than ballet. 

Although I think he would rather choose ballet than his own safety. 

Ki is good ballet teacher. Im glad he is CRs teacher.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2