[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

Gosh I just watched ep 5 and the ending scene 

Hayao Miyazaki Reaction GIF

Like I know this is a romance and still didn’t anticipate for M to tell her that. The beach scene was also well done. Looking forward to the next episode. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Tried to watch ep 5 but ended up FFing many parts. :criesariver:

I am sorry to say but I am dropping the drama. The pace is too slow for me. Nothing much happens plot wise either. And I find the writing childish and cliché.

I hope the rest of you enjoy the rest of the drama! :dorakiss: Feel free to DM or tag me and/or @Sleepy Owl if you would like for us to put up a poll.

@joccu Do let me know when Lee Soo Hyuk oppa 2% gets the girl in the end :kiss_wink:

@Ameera Ali Do let me know when we see some abs :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

“Doom At Your Service,” Park Bo Young, And Seo In Guk Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Lists For 2nd Consecutive Week

001b325c4c174d52a01a294ece68455b.jpeg?s=

May 25, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” continues to dominate the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the second consecutive week, “Doom at Your Service” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Doom at Your Service” remain No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas for the week of May 17 to 23, but its stars Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk also swept the top two spots on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members for the second week in a row.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of May are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Doom at Your Service”
  2. KBS 2TV’s “Youth of May”
  3. tvN’s “Mine”
  4. tvN’s “Mouse”
  5. SBS’s “Taxi Driver
  6. SBS’s “The Penthouse 3
  7. JTBC’s “Law School”
  8. KBS 2TV’s “Sell Your Haunted House
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters
  10. KBS 2TV’s “Miss Monte-Cristo

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Park Bo Young (“Doom at Your Service)
  2. Seo In Guk (“Doom at Your Service”)
  3. Lee Bo Young (“Mine”)
  4. Lee Seung Gi (“Mouse”)
  5. Lee Do Hyun (“Youth of May”)
  6. Go Min Si (“Youth of May”)
  7. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver”)
  8. Ok Ja Yeon (“Mine”)
  9. Kim Seo Hyung (“Mine”)
  10. Cha Ji Yeon (“Taxi Driver”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471143wpp/doom-at-your-service-park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists-for-2nd-consecutive-week

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hot damn can the man kiss! 

I liked that Bo Young put her arms around him, instead of hanging on the side like most other actresses do. Then In Guk wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her in closer ooh baby~

The way he looks at her dear GOD LoL. I think the lil sigh he let out before kissing her was because he knew it was somethin' he'd regret but does it anyways. 

I don't get what happened between Ji Na & Hyun Gyu..? And did she not meet Joo Ik before..? Or did she assume Hyun Gyu was an only child Idk?

• Like 5

After this week's episodes I'm finally really liking this show. The interactions/chemistry between the two leads is amazing, and that kiss was great. 

I am not sure what is going on with the love triangle. Like why is the first love guy so troubled about going after the girl. She liked you and you bailed. I hope there is some sot of explanation on what happened there. Also why is the other guy trying to protect her from his friend. And what is the two guys relationship? Did they mention it and I missed it. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Just finished ep 6 and oh more feels lol. This kiss had Chemical Reactions Fire GIF

hmmm I wonder what the girl deity really wants - is she for them or against our OTP being together? What are your thoughts? I think she was the one who set this whole thing up and them in motion, but somehow it is no longer going to her plan because they are reallllly falling in love with each other and it is ‘messing with the system?!?’ I hope they don’t do the ‘reset’ because if either DK or MM gets amnesia - I am gonna be disappointed. @backstreetboysfan I think he pulled back because he caught himself off guard and vulnerable. The entire last two episodes was about him tricking/ luring her but then this happened and I think it freaked him out - their connection/feelings? The little sigh he did before the kiss made it seem like this wasn’t part of the plan. 

Re the second leads love triangle, I am so NOT invested lol; I mean it is Ok but it doesn’t pull me in at all who ends up with who. Love triangles rarely work for me because I get annoyed. @youactlikeicare I think the guys are brothers/step siblings or cousins and I think they both know they both like the same girl. Hence, they don’t go after her directly etc. JN used to date HG but there was the pity kiss incident with JI too. I think the story will explain more soon about it all. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

Just finished ep 6 and oh more feels lol. This kiss had 

hmmm I wonder what the girl deity really wants - is she for them or against our OTP being together? What are your thoughts? I think she was the one who set this whole thing up and them in motion, but somehow it is no longer going to her plan because they are reallllly falling in love with each other and it is ‘messing with the system?!?’ I hope they don’t do the ‘reset’ because if either DK or MM gets amnesia - I am gonna be disappointed. @backstreetboysfan I think he pulled back because he caught himself off guard and vulnerable. The entire last two episodes was about him tricking/ luring her but then this happened and I think it freaked him out - their connection/feelings? The little sigh he did before the kiss made it seem like this wasn’t part of the plan. 

Yeah I was thinking that as well, he got freaked out and ran, but I believe something will happen and he will come back.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Yinye

let’s see...

The girl deity wants:

- MM to acknowledge his feelings (that it is okay to empathize/sympathize)

- MM to know what he is going through is part of the job description (that feeling despair to the point of numbness is a job hazard)

- MM not to find ways to end the world (that he shouldn’t have suicidal thoughts) 

- MM to know that she’s watching over what he does (like a micromanaging boss)

that’s perhaps why she made DK and MM meet. One weirdo meeting the other so MM can have someone to talk to other than herself. I don’t think her plan was for them to fall in love. Particularly if MM is the one doing the falling. That’s probably why he declined her wish to have him fall cos he knows he can’t for some cosmic reason.

but he probably has already. Trouble’s brewing. Therefore the sigh and the uh-oh disappearance, coupled with girl deity’s monologue at the end about resetting things.

that’ll be my guess.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I am not sure what is going on with the love triangle. Like why is the first love guy so troubled about going after the girl. She liked you and you bailed. I hope there is some sot of explanation on what happened there. Also why is the other guy trying to protect her from his friend. And what is the two guys relationship? Did they mention it and I missed it. 

Same questions like i have about them... why are they living together... Mr Cha obviously is richer than that Lee Hyuk guy...

Yes, the kiss came so sudden? The sudden sigh? Why? The dissapearence? Why.. 

20 hours ago, Yinye said:

hmmm I wonder what the girl deity really wants - is she for them or against our OTP being together? What are your thoughts? I think she was the one who set this whole thing up and them in motion, but somehow it is no longer going to her plan because they are reallllly falling in love with each other and it is ‘messing with the system?!?’

Honestly, I think she's rooting for OTP. It may not look like it is, but I think she wants both of them to be happy, together.
As a gardener like she calls herself, why would she want to lose her butterfly or a flower of her garden?
The thing is, in the plan of each of the lead, one of them might die in the end. Either Myul Mang dies like he wishes or Dong Kyeong sacrifices herself because she won't deal with the loss of Myul Mang or the rest of the world. But I'm sure there is another option that will lead to a happy ending.
Yes, it's life to see some flower die but if she didn't mint losing the flower that is Dong Kyeong, why get involved? Like Myul Mang said, it's her destiny so she could just letthings go the way they are supposed to... And she created Myul Mang once, she could create another butterfly...
I think the deity girl can't be open about it because honestly though Myul Mang somehow loves her since she created him, he also somehow hates her because she created him and he thinks all his misery is her fault so he sees bad in all her doing. 
Her reset thing is weird but we don't know why exactly she did that. Is it really because she doesn't want them to fall in love? But she's the one who keeps pushing Myul Mang towards Dong Kyeong by asking him if he can really let her die like that, if he can't change her destiny, to go to her if he's curious about her to know the real reason why she saved him...
And another thing that puzzles me is, she says Myul Mang is a butterfly but seeing how she talks about her little flower pot, the one she also showed to Dong Kyeong, it seems Myul Mang is a flower in her garden, one she's wondering how it will sprout and she seems to make the best effort to make it sprout, maybe even using Dong Kyeong as a fertilizer to do so...

• Like 6