[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

I've always been put off by the illogical plot. I read sci- fic. The writer's logic is not based on any principle or even mythology. So straight it makes my head spin and then spin more and it even makes me sneer.

However. And a big however PBY and SIG have such good chemistry then whenever she gazes at him I just accept whatever she says. Then in my mind smack myself on the forehead and go " omg such lame lines. "  but then proceed to coo at the couple. Sigh.

The 2nd lead couple is irritating as all heck. They are also not logical. However it must be said I can't even figure out if Cha even likes LH. His face is so deadpan. I can't even figure out why they even made him rich. Is there a point to this? So honestly I can't figure out if there is even a secondary couple or just a random plot.

The Kevin soju scene was so racist that I cringed watching it. There has been multiple dramas where a Korean character has a Caucasian partner. It could have been better written. There are also so many non- Koreans living in SK who speak or write Korean well. Couldn't they have chosen to make him speak Korean instead of ignoring him? The whole 2 scenes I remember him in made me cringed. 

Oh whatever I watched ep 9 and 10. The weakest link is the female deity's role. The basis of this whole world.

I will watch it to the end. I do like PBY and SIG that much.

• Like 6

I had to ask this somewhere :)

She takes off the thread but then does she not know that Doom can hear her? He heard her the previous time when she went near the road and wanted him to appear.

Therefore, her surprise at seeing him feels off. I think the writer herself forgets the rules/characteristics that she has put in Doom.

Then when our FL goes to different places where she had created memories with her dear ones, she keeps changing clothes, signifying the movement of time in days... So how in the world can Doom say that it will be 12 soon so I came! Also, she seems to have gone to the same beach that she has already mentioned to Doom as her favourite place and her aunt had also visited her on this beach when she was young. So, how can her aunt and brother not be worried about her or find her?

And I totally agree, love is thrown around everywhere as is the fact that someone will die (the Fl or the ML) but this is not used as a story hook. At this point, I dont root for either as I just cant seem to care enough. But yes, I love the tropes so I watch on 1.5X to enjoy some great visuals.

Oh and last but not the least, we know that Doom must have seen far worse cases than our heroine, so why her? What about her makes him melt? I do think her trying to save him played a part but there could have been more. Right now we are just seeing a romance where the heroine keeps bothering more about other characters than her love interest...

It feels that the drama wanted to be deep but ended up being superficial. There are some great themes but they are/were not explored.

• Like 3

Watch: Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, And More Experience A Roller Coaster Of Emotions Behind The Scenes Of “Doom At Your Service”

bcf828f6fa1549c0bb6e84cf8accef8f.jpeg?s=

Jun 9, 2021
by S. Cho

The behind-the-scenes clip for Episodes 9 and 10 of “Doom at Your Service” has been released!

The clip begins with Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young at a self-photo studio. The two practice how Park Bo Young will try to make Seo In Guk smile, and they even perfect the exact amount Seo In Guk’s character Myul Mang should be smiling. In one shot, Seo In Guk abruptly puts his arm around Park Bo Young’s shoulders, startling her and creating an adorably realistic photo.

At night, the duo shoot outside Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young)’s house. For Seo In Guk’s solo shot, Park Bo Young moves around to get to the perfect angle for Seo In Guk to look down at. She jokingly comments, “I’ll do this much for you.” Seo In Guk responds, “You’re my lifesaver.” Behind the camera, a staff member jokingly comments that Park Bo Young only acts like this when they’re filming behind-the-scenes videos, and the actress playfully responds, “Are you filming this well?”

Later, Park Bo Young asks the director for pointers on her line, “Do you want to eat ramen before you leave?” She practices various tones on Seo In Guk, and he nonchalantly comments, “I don’t really know [which is best],” before slipping away. A staff member tells Park Bo Young to recreate the feeling from “Oh My Ghostess,” and she replies, “I forgot.”

During Kang Tae Oh and Shin Do Hyun’s rehearsals, Kang Tae Oh suggests that she throw a towel at his face. As they practice, he helps calm Shin Do Hyun’s nerves by jokingly commenting, “Oh, it hurts.”

In the next scene, Shin Do Hyun is causing a ruckus and must be held back by three other people. The camera catches Lee Soo Hyuk standing expressionless in the back, and the director scoldingly laughs, “Soo Hyuk…”

Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk then practice the scene where she tells him she’s leaving, and Seo In Guk expresses how genuinely sad it is. During filming, the crew initially plans to only shoot their hands, but the director catches Seo In Guk’s solemn expression and pans the camera upwards. Seo In Guk calls out in surprise, “My expression wasn’t ready!” and the director reassures him, “No, it was good!”

Ahead of a big crying scene, Park Bo Young shares, “I’m in such a good mood today, this is a big problem.” However, she later has no problem getting in touch with the emotions of the scene, receiving silent hugs from Seo In Guk when they’re done filming and even making a staff member cry.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473818wpp/watch-park-bo-young-seo-in-guk-and-more-experience-a-roller-coaster-of-emotions-behind-the-scenes-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2

EP 10 Review :

IMO I can just skip the entire Main Lead storyline watch last 10 minutes for one liners which for the day is " Sorry I loved you" " Do you think you can run away from Me", Doom is a Semi God , a Human expected to go mia cheating him how dumb?

TDK logic is leave everyone to save them, woman if you have few days left no one will be saved if they did not get the opportunity to meet you for the last time ,it will be more horrific than living. She opted to leave everyone and live a Blue Lagoon life on the beach. :crazymad:

Her last plea and her only Plea is that she wants to Live , that can make anyone cry out .Parkboyoung's acting amazes me, the plotline doesn't. And Doom was born for her as per Dora , but his mission was to manage worldly Dooms , TDK/Doom are ill-fated , oh ofcourse they are. Like how NJN asked you are not dating yet and living together? Is it odd you are literally fated? There this show has 2 amazing actors with Great chemistry and So much potential for Love conflict , yet all they do is eat and Stroll around doing fashion shows Winter Season??????????? and One liners about Love don't Love can't love should love....Good Lord. :cries3:

But as established above The main love story had potential but its Meant to be Doomed so be it, The Second love story on the other hand is one toxic net of lies and love. 

NJN loves toxicity , even if LH came running back after a decade and boasted that He was the 1st to do everything ,she just did not even ask any questions but just went along with it? What crap? Really?? :kicks:  NJN did not even question him , A freaking decade and then he calls on First love like Dibs on her? regardless of the fact she likes or is maybe with someone else???? WTH really.

But have to credit Kang Tae Oh his Intense Expressions are pure gold. 

Kang Tae Oh is Intense Kim Tan to Lee Soo Hyuk's calm and collected Lee Gon lol (yes I just drew a Lee Min Ho's character troop comparison here hahaha). 

Team Leader Cha has all these conflicted feelings at once, he has fallen for NJN but he does realize at some level he chose to turn the fate of their relationship voluntarily which caused miscommunication and finally confessed it. He wants an out from emotional baggage because it will end up overwhelming him, I for one feel he looks very stable but is 1000 times more Intense than Lee Hyeon. He wants an out because he needs to balance the feels he has for NJN. He was not right in any manner, had no authority to do the things he kept on doing constantly but he finally owned it. It maybe as a character is the right time for him to just get out of this toxic cycle, Let those 2 deal with whatever it is , on surface it does look like it, you never know what storm is going inside off him. He lost his friend and Girl he liked over what he thought was the RIGHT DECISION. :emmm:

Even if Cha diverted their meeting , he did not have GPRS  installed over LH/NJN , their partnership was always toxic and became one the day LH chose to ask his Hyun to breakup instead of him. How can anyone think LH is worthy of any senile thing??? He as expected of a Manchild mentality in Love finally toned it up when he saw his Hyung possibly dating NJN over sheer jealously and territorialism?  :isannoyed:

I don't know who is more of a Moron out of all 3.  NJN needs to clear her mind of toxic relationship pulls, if Team Leader Cha was wrong to divert the entire thing so is LH still a coward who never made an effort. Please this is not healthy to just pick up where we left off again , Focus on your mind clarity first, its dumb otherwise!!!! :idk:

Oh how this entire story frustrates me, I just don't wanna FF it too much , but not much can be helped this late now, Story is already haywire, will watch because I love the actors here lol.

Also Why did we need a Canadian Partner KEVIN here? How is he relevant to the Plot? Like I would rather watch Kid writer Nam Deum? is it, he is fun , but why Kevin why, why are you here??? Oh Kevin give me Soju I need one badly after watching this show.

• LOL 3

@ck1Oz I like sci-fi and fantasy too but I didn’t expect much from this drama in that regard but still hoped the world building was a bit better - it’s a ball of confusion. 
I agree with you re second leads - I also find it annoying and yep, cringed re Kevin’s scenes lol

• Like 1

Watch: Seo In Guk And Park Bo Young On Why You Should Watch “Doom At Your Service,” What They’ve Learned About Each Other, And More

eb78e2aa6e254685b30692625c6bb731.jpeg?s=

Jun 10, 2021
by S. Cho

Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young recently joined Rakuten Viki for an exclusive interview!

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

After Park Bo Young describes the drama and their characters, the two give reasons to watch “Doom at Your Service” in five words. Seo In Guk shares, “Because it’s fun” and “Park Bo Young’s in it.”

When asked what they’ve learned about one another, Park Bo Young compliments Seo In Guk’s ability to focus and immerse into their scenes, even while being playful off-camera. Regarding Park Bo Young, he succinctly adds, “Just… God. Just light. Just sun. Just moon. Just star,” embarrassing his co-star.

Seo-In-Guk-Park-Bo-Young-11.jpg

Both actors reveal that upon meeting Myul Mang, they’d sign contracts rather than disappear. Park Bo Young comments, “I want to meet Myul Mang. Meeting Myul Mang and signing this contract teaches Dong Kyung to live the rest of her life to the fullest. If I didn’t meet Myul Mang, my life would’ve been the same.”

The stars also share what thing they would like to bring doom upon and whether they prefer the romance or thriller genre.

Lastly, they give a shoutout to fans on Viki! Seo In Guk comments, “‘Doom at Your Service’ has begun airing. Please give us lots of attention, love, and support.” Park Bo Young adds, “We hope that you are always healthy and happy, with our drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474124wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-on-why-you-should-watch-doom-at-your-service-what-theyve-learned-about-each-other-and-more

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Doom at Your Service: Episode 10

by quirkycase

DaYS10-01046.jpg

Things get weird this hour as our characters behave in all types of nonsensical and frustrating ways. With only 50 days until the deadline, our desperate heroine makes a last-ditch effort to find a solution that will save those she loves. Our lead struggles to get her to open up about her feelings, but our heroine’s long-standing habit of wearing a mask is hard to break. Meanwhile, the saga of the romance writer and the men who invade her life continues.

EPISODE 10

After Myeol-mang confesses that he loves her, Dong-kyung suggests they start dating. Soo-ja yells for her, so Dong-kyung promises to call Myeol-mang later and rushes inside with a smile. Her blasé response leaves Myeol-mang disappointed.

We cut over to Hyun-kyu’s bulldozing “confession.” Ji-na is rightfully angry and throws some laundry at him, but he laughs like her anger is cute. I swear, this man is going to make my blood pressure rise.

The next day, Ji-na and Dong-kyung both share their dating woes. Ji-na is shocked to hear Dong-kyung and Myeol-mang aren’t already dating, while Dong-kyung is shocked to hear Hyun-kyu reappeared. Ji-na is embarrassed by the hold Hyun-kyu has on her and calls herself pathetic.

DaYS10-00036.jpg

Ji-na changes topics and asks when Dong-kyung is admitting herself to the hospital. Dong-kyung says she has things to take care of first and hedges when Ji-na tries to extract a promise that she’ll go as soon as that’s all done.

After getting an urgent call about work, Ji-na makes sure Dong-kyung has a ride and heads out. Meanwhile, Myeol-mang waits by the phone for Dong-kyung’s call. He’s surprised to find her at his door, instead.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/doom-at-your-service-episode-10/

Watch: Park Bo Young Jokes Around With Seo In Guk’s Cake Behind The Scenes Of “Doom At Your Service”

56b6c3e2a6704caf8404cc3f100001b8.jpeg?s=

Jun 13, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has released another look at what goes on behind the scenes of the drama!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

The video kicks off to a running start as Park Bo Young and Woo Hee Jin race around the corner, with Woo Hee Jin complimenting Park Bo Young on her running ability as they walk back around the set. Later on, Park Bo Young comments in amazement, “When you’re cold, you should run. It’s less cold.”

Next, Park Bo Young practices hiding behind Seo In Guk, who suggests that she move him around even more since she’s using him as a shield. Everyone laughs when Park Bo Young obliges, shaking him back and forth. The staff even remarks to Seo In Guk, “You look like a balloon man.”

Seo-In-Guk-Park-Bo-Young6.jpg

Moving on to a different set, Park Bo Young learns how to use a camera to take pictures for her scene. Afterwards, she proudly shows her photos to the making-of camera. She then takes pictures of Seo In Guk, but he notices that his right side isn’t in the shot. Park Bo Young teasingly explains, “Only nice people can see it.”

The cast members then move to the rooftop, where they get ready for a barbecue party. Park Bo Young asks SF9‘s Dawon to do a good job cooking it, to which he replies that he’s doing a great job. She then comments, “It was really delicious,” which makes Dawon turn his head in surprise as he asks, “You ate some?” While Park Bo Young gives her explanation, Dawon takes a bite of his own, and Park Bo Young jokingly tells him to take care of his older sister, since he plays her character’s younger brother in the drama. Dawon humorously explains, “I cut some up for you to eat. Also, I don’t take care of my real sister.”

Seo In Guk, who was sitting in between the pair the entire time, mentions that he already secretly ate some meat as well. His story grows even more hilarious when he explains that he had to stop chewing to hide the food in his mouth when the director came close.

When the cameras begin rolling, Dawon opens up a bottle of soju and takes a realistic swig, only later realizing that the content of the bottle was indeed alcohol. As Park Bo Young laughs at his mistake, Dawon exclaims, “I had no idea it was real. When I was opening it too, it was closed so tightly, but I thought ‘No, it can’t be,’ so I drank it.” The director then tells Dawon that he tried to send messages with his eyes to tell him not to drink it. Seo In Guk adds, “I was looking down here, but suddenly the smell of alcohol wafted over. It was so funny.”

Next, Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young sit facing each other with a cake in between them as the director reads off the directions in the script. Seo In Guk laughs as he says, “It’s begun,” to which Park Bo Young just nods in silence. When she holds up the cake for Seo In Guk, he suddenly begins saying he’s scared that his hair will burn, which makes Park Bo Young act like she’s in a horror movie as she chillingly says, “I prepared this for you. Hurry up and blow it out.”

more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Park Bo Young Is Shocked By Woo Hee Jin’s Emergency Situation In “Doom At Your Service”

e050e3f8749c4240bc8b1090b9355614.jpeg?s=

Jun 13, 2021
by C. Hong

On June 13, tvN released stills of Park Bo Young and Woo Hee Jin from the upcoming episode of “Doom at Your Service.”

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myul mang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead, she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contact.

Spoilers

In the drama, Woo Hee Jin plays Soo Ja, Tak Dong Kyung’s aunt. In the previous episode, Soo Ja learned that Dong Kyung was ill, and although she tried to remain calm, she burst into tears as soon as she was alone. Meanwhile, Dong Kyung had chosen death in accordance with the terms of her contract with Myul Mang, which says that someone she loves will die instead of her if she doesn’t wish for ruin on the world before her 100 days are up. But her emotions finally burst forth as she tearfully declared, “I want to live.”

However, the new stills show an unexpected situation in which Dong Kyung and Soo Ja meet in the emergency room. Dong Kyung is shocked to see that her aunt is admitted to the hospital, and her expression shows that it’s no small incident that has occurred. Soo Ja, on the other hand, seems to be asking Dong Kyung for a favor with tears in her eyes.

doom-at-your-service-woo-hee-jin-park-bo

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474457wpp/park-bo-young-is-shocked-by-woo-hee-jins-emergency-situation-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 1

Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Enjoy A Peaceful Date In Jeju Island In “Doom At Your Service”

5ec23a62068f4fc2ac97b9d07f9f4de8.jpeg?s=

Jun 14, 2021
by L. Kim

On June 14, tvN released stills of Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk from the upcoming episode of “Doom at Your Service.”

The fantasy romance is about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myul mang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead, she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contact.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Tak Dong Kyung chose death in accordance with the terms of her contract with Myul Mang, which says that someone she loves will die instead of her if she doesn’t wish for ruin on the world before her 100 days are up. But her emotions finally burst forth as she tearfully declared, “I want to live.” Myul Mang admitted, “I want to be alive too. That’s why I want to die with you.” The two shared a desperate embrace, and viewers are eager to find out what will happen next.

The newly released stills depict Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s lovely date in Jeju Island. They walk together while holding hands as if they are vowing to never let go of each other again. The two also enjoy a sweet moment at a café like other couples. They look happier than ever, and Myul Mang especially can’t look away from Tak Dong Kyung.

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-13.jpg

The drama’s production team shared, “The episode airing on June 14 will portray Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s romance that has deepened with love and trust. Their affectionate sincerity exploded as they came to a crossroad, so please tune in to see what kind of choices they make.”

This episode of “Doom at Your Service” will air on June 14 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474562wpp/park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-enjoy-a-peaceful-date-in-jeju-island-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Kang Tae Oh Gives Behind-The-Scenes Tour Of His Café In “Doom At Your Service”

7570061670774775a04b5bb16268efbd.jpeg?s=

Jun 15, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” released a new making-of video!

The behind-the-scenes video begins with an interview with Kang Tae Oh as his character Lee Hyun Kyu. He explains that he established a café because he had no clear vision about his future at his age. Kang Tae Oh comments, “People around me said that I looked like I had a lot of free time as a café owner, but I’m working very busily where people can’t see.”

When asked about his work-life balance, Kang Tae Oh asks, “Tae Oh? Hyun Kyu? Mine is very high. I’m very satisfied about this life. I feel a lot of leisure.” On his reason for hiring Tak Sun Kyung (SF9‘s Dawon), Kang Tae Oh shares, “I accepted his application within one second. I couldn’t win against his earnest gaze.” He continues to reveal that he’s willing to guarantee a good work-life balance for Tak Sun Kyung. Kang Tae Oh comments, “I should give him a raise.”

Inside the café, Kang Tae Oh awkwardly introduces himself as his character Lee Hyun Kyu. He confesses, “It’s honestly my first time here too.” Giving a closer look at the menu, Kang Tae Oh shares, “Oh, the plum smoothie sounds delicious. I like fruits. The hallabong (orange grown on Jeju island) smoothie also sounds good.”

Continuing to examine the menu, Kang Tae Oh asks, “What’s a flat white?” He also gets confused about the various abbreviations for different drinks that are commonly used these days. Kang Tae Oh explains that he worked part-time at a café when he was 20 years old. He shares, “I know how to brew coffee. I can make it well.” Showing an example, Kang Tae Oh states, “I think it’s the first time I’ve brewed coffee in seven years.”

When Lee Soo Hyuk returns the tray of drinks to him, Kang Tae Oh asks, “You left behind a lot. Was it not to your taste?” Lee Soo Hyuk nods, and Kang Tae Oh asks, “Do you like juice? You should have told me sooner.”

Walking around the café during his break, Kang Tae Oh is at a loss for what to say to the viewers. At the end, he admits, “I was slightly nervous, so I don’t even remember what I said. You still had fun watching, though, right?” The video finishes off with a preview of Shin Do Hyun as the next cast member to lead the making-of video.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474683wpp/watch-kang-tae-oh-gives-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-his-cafe-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Did the writers know that the dialogue between DK and Kevin in Jeju didn’t connect? it was amusing to watch because it was so chicken vs duck but they spoke like it was the most natural conversation in the world. :0)

The thinking behind that is perhaps the force behind the drama too. It’s progressing but tiresomely so. The highlight of ep11 was JN’s realization that she liked Mr Cha. 

if not for The Leads I too would not be following the show. I sure hope the ending isn’t terrible…

• LOL 2

Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Experience Baffling Déjà Vu In “Doom At Your Service”

30db5cd7100d426bbfd1966f2929b33b.jpeg?s=

Jun 15, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Doom at Your Service” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

The fantasy romance is about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myul mang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead, she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contact.

Spoilers

Previously, Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung seemed like they were on the way to happily ever after with their solid and affectionate romance. However, that didn’t last long. When Tak Dong Kyung witnessed her aunt Soo Ja (Woo Hee Jin) sobbing at the fact that she was dying, Tak Dong Kyung asked Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) for help. Sonyeoshin offered to erase Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang from each other’s fate, and curiosity is mounting over whether she accepted that offer or not.

The stills show Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang meeting at the hospital. Myul Mang is in a doctor’s gown, and he catches Tak Dong Kyung by her arm. Her eyes are round with surprise as she stares up at him, and when she leaves, he watches her with sad and lonely eyes. This scene feels like a déjà vu of their first meeting from the first episode, and viewers are wondering if Sonyeoshin actually erased their memories of each other.

park-bo-young-seo-in-guk-11.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474728wpp/park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-experience-baffling-deja-vu-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2

Yo man what kind of preview is this? " Don't cry, sorry. "

How am I supposed to interpretv this as? I knew there would be a tragic fate but it was always the execution that would make it either a good or badly written drama.

This is an episode 13 teaser. So 4 episodes of these sort of issues then? Man... have to drop this now until ep 16 airs.

Good luck guys.

• Like 1