[Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

VeraV

Thoughts on Ep. 14-15

Catching up on episodes this week. Man Ep. 14 was heart wrenching! The things Gorya said were so mean in the breakup scene. They cut deep-I really felt them this version. I was wondering how Gorya could get back with Thyme since she was so mean to him. Of course, Gorya fall for Roselyn's lies-who knew she would go that far. I really wonder how they going to redeem Roselyn? Claiming terminal cancer is pretty extreme. She is definitely the meanest, coldest portrayal of the character I have seen.  I do wonder how Gorya got the necklace back- so far they have not shown us. Was it superhuman strength? 

Ep. 15  Oh, Ren! Such a good friend! And my heart broke for him when Gorya rejected him, but you could tell he knew she wasn't going to say yes. I have to say the Thai version of this character is the best one for me-they really gave him depth in this version.  He deserves true happiness. I'm going to flip tables if he doesn't get  his HEA. [Preferably with Lita cause I think they would make a great match, but even if it is not Lita, Ren definitely deserve someone special and happiness] Don't leave him alone and lonely, show!

Gorya- I get it, but I still think Gorya need to apologize direct to Thyme, not the river.

I like how F3 help Thyme to create his vision of new Parama Group using love like Gorya taught him. 

Ooh! Nice twist to have Thyme take the stabbing for Roselyn-I guess this will set up Roselyn redemption. Not looking forward to amnesia storyline. 

MJ Story of Iris- hmmn...most of the basketball action happen off screen. So cool to have F4 playing, although I think Ren was not playing but just watching? I thought they would end this side story today and possibly have Aum return and be included in the last episode of the series, but no. KFC until the very end! Too bad - I was hoping we could see MJ and Aum together as couple with the rest of the cast in final episode.  Looking forward to seeing how they finish the drama next week, but also sad to see the end! I'm going to miss all of the cast members together!

On 4/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, rocher22 said:

Oh, I just realized that ...I also dont think she said the words to him.

Im sure there will be a new kiss between Thyme and Gorya.

I hope you are correct and we get a nice kiss between Thyme and Gorya in the final episode. I do not want that weird kiss from Ep. 13 to be the only kiss in the drama.

the amnesia storyline.:rolleyes:

I'm notlooking forward to amnesia storyline

I wonder  if the couple will have an accidental kiss.  :D

It would be great if Kavin & Kaning have a kiss in the drama! I don't think it will happen, though. We hardly got any dialogues between them for Ep. 14-15. Just 1 or 2 lines. It was so cute when they fed each other the cookie sticks? at the Flower Shop party in Ep. 15. I wish we had more with KK couple.

2 hours ago, balletgoddess said:

Ahh the amnesia plot line is coming...

I'm so bummed they made this version short and cut out the travel plotline (that wpuld have give us some skinship)

Not looking forward to amnesia plot line. Yes, it's too bad we didn't have the travel arc. Maybe show will follow Japan amnesia version and give us the skinship as Thyme remember Gorya after he save her from some danger that require him to give her his shirt? :blush:  Unfortunately, probably not going to happen. 

Also wonder if Thyme protecting his mom from the knife is gonna be her redemption arc?

Yes, I think you are correct and Thyme getting stabbed in place of his mother will be her redemption arc and she accept Gorya.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Ep 15

Ren and Gorya have a great chemistry but their scenes were unnecessary.

I dont like the way the writer portrayed Ren.

In the past, Ren waited for the girl to return his feelings, and now he is doing 

the same when it comes to Gorya.

He is still sad. I want him to find his happiness. 

FOy1bCHakAANbBF?format=jpg&name=small

Thyme knows his mother well and yet he believed her so quickly.

I expected him to get out of that car and not Ren.

MJ - '' You still think of Gorya...''

Thyme - '' All the time''    that was beautiful    :wub:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Question for the Forum:

Has discussion for this drama kind of lessened lately on the general forums, or am I wrong?  Over at MDL, the discussion seems to have run out of steam and lots fewer postings than previous weeks. And here in Soompi we seem to also have lost people too, Not as many people posting either. Why is that? I think this Thai version has so much going for it, the writing is especially strong in my opinion, I wonder why so many people seem to be dropping the drama? (Or at least not discussing it) 

Instead, all of the discussion for this drama seems to have shifted to Twitter, and I really do not understand why.  I don't like Twitter format for discussion because the format is designed for short comments, so deep discussion can be difficult.  I do notice now after watching this drama that people try to get around the format by having these long threads which I find often unwieldly. The other thing about Twitter for deep discussion is it can be hard to find it- often in random postings.

Full Disclosure: I do not have a Twitter account for various personal reasons so perhaps finding the discussion postings is not as random if you have a Twitter feed, but I think the feeds can be overwhelming. I invite anyone who has a Twitter account to comment more on this. 

Anyway, I am frustrated by the shift to Twitter as I have found a lot of interesting content [mostly at random] For example, a very interesting discussion on the OTP relationship and characterization in this Thai version dealing with the criticism by some people that the OTP is not romantic enough. The people posting on Twitter bring up very interesting viewpoints on both sides of the issue, and I wish we could have similar discussions like these on the main general forums. But so many people in the general forums seem to have left. What is the cause? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

23 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Question for the Forum:

Has discussion for this drama kind of lessened lately on the general forums, or am I wrong?  Over at MDL, the discussion seems to have run out of steam and lots fewer postings than previous weeks. And here in Soompi we seem to also have lost people too, Not as many people posting either. Why is that? I think this Thai version has so much going for it, the writing is especially strong in my opinion, I wonder why so many people seem to be dropping the drama? (Or at least not discussing it) 

Instead, all of the discussion for this drama seems to have shifted to Twitter, and I really do not understand why. 

That's interesting, I didn't even know there was a discussion/presence on Twitter!

I'm not a huge fan myself, but I think I can understand the appeal, especially for younger viewers. I feel like everybody's in such a hurry to be heard, so writing a quick reaction on that format, and tagging it appropriately, may be easier and more rewarding than getting your comment buried in a long post in a forum (if there is enough content to be buried by, that is). But I agree, the piggy-back posts are unwieldy and makes it hard to navigate/follow. I don't see the appeal either. I'd be curious to see how old everyone is... maybe it's an age thing too?

I'm not sure why discussion has died down. Maybe people lost interest? Or decided there wasn't a lot of content to discuss, so they decided to just watch it for fun and not contribute… especially since it’s a familiar story that’s already been dissected quite a bit via other versions. Plus, to be fair, the way product placement is so in your face, it's not hard to understand why some people might not think this is a deep series worthy of dissection… especially when serious moments are often undercut by comedy or a nonsensical product plug.

Otherwise, I have no idea why people aren’t as engaged…

Edited by Adrama-Fan
Added more information
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, Adrama-Fan said:

That's interesting, I didn't even know there was a discussion/presence on Twitter!

I'm not a huge fan myself, but I think I can understand the appeal, especially for younger viewers. I feel like everybody's in such a hurry to be heard, so writing a quick reaction on that format, and tagging it appropriately, may be easier and more rewarding than getting your comment buried in a long post in a forum (if there is enough content to be buried by, that is). But I agree, the piggy-back posts are unwieldy and makes it hard to navigate/follow. I don't see the appeal either. I'd be curious to see how old everyone is... maybe it's an age thing too?

I'm not sure why discussion has died down. Maybe people lost interest? Or decided there wasn't a lot of content to discuss, so they decided to just watch it for fun and not contribute… especially since it’s a familiar story that’s already been dissected quite a bit via other versions. Plus, to be fair, the way product placement is so in your face, it's not hard to understand why some people might not think this is a deep series worthy of dissection… especially when serious moments are often undercut by comedy or a nonsensical product plug.

Otherwise, I have no idea why people aren’t as engaged…

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. Yes, I think you are correct and the instant feedback nature of the Twitter is part of its appeal. As for the Average Age of the Twitter Users- I'm not sure. Like you. I suspect that the majority are probably younger people in their teens and twenties. For F4 Thailand discussions, I have noticed that many of the posters seem to be over 30 years. For sure the structure of posts and replies to posts is cumbersome and inconvienient. I find it difficult to read everyone's responses in threads because the replies are nested even within posts and in order to see every post you need to constantly click on individual posts and then get out of the posts, ugh. 

15 hours ago, Adrama-Fan said:

Maybe people lost interest?

Yes, I agree part of the reason for less discussion could be that people have lost interest in the drama as time went on. The one episode a week format hurt the show's momentum, I feel. It's hard to sustain interest levels over a long period of time, and we are approaching 4 months with this drama when the final episode airs this week. 

It is a familiar story that has many versions, but I recall lots of discussion  throughout the run of Meteor Garden 2018 when it was airing so not sure why this Thai version isn't sparking the same interest. Maybe it's too soon for another version? It's been only 3 years since MG2018. Previous when MG2018 aired, it had been 9 years since Korean BOF.  I don't know. I guess I just feel sad that this Thai version does not seem to be getting the same level of love and interest from the general Asian drama public as past versions have when the exploration of themes has been so much richer. I continue to be baffled why the deeper discussions continue and have increased on Twitter since the format doesn't really support that kind of discussion. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Philippines Media Press Conference Interview Livestream with F4 Cast: Tu, Bright, Dew, Win, Nani

March 27, 2022 - Interview in English (no subtitles) 

It's interesting (and a bit strange) to hear everyone talking in English, but love the chemistry they have with each other. Everyone very comfortable around one another and joking.

Press Conference Begins at 4:40 mark

• Blob 3

Livestream  on Instagram with the F4 Cast Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 12 Noon. [Bangkok Local Time]

There's been a petition to put the Livestream on YouTube, but so far GMMTV only confirming the Instagram Live. 

English Translation of Announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/721383208757547/posts/1014511362778062/

Link to GMM TV Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/gmmtv/?hl=en

English Subbed Interview with Nani about the role of MJ [Click on CC for English Subtitles]

English Subbed Interview with Dew about the role of Ren [Click on CC for English Subtitles]

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

English Translation of Bright Twitter Post- Farewell to F4 Thailand and Thyme:

Thank you very much to everyone who has been involved and supported this until the very end. I'm very glad to be Tham and be a part of this series. I will remember this moment forever. (P.S. I love you. Don't go back and act bad. Take care of the grass too!) #F4ThailandFinalEP

Here is Post about some Twitter Users with Strong Analysis Posts:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• VeraV changed the title to [Thai Drama] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

I can't believe that this drama is finally over. What am I going to do with my Saturdays from now on? I need some time to gather my thoughts about Ep. 16 and the series as a whole, so I will post on Ep. 16 later.

3 hours ago, balletgoddess said:

This fandom has been a blast to be a part of for the last 3-4 months!!!

Definitely! This Fandom has been awesome! 

Announcement:

F4 Obsessed from wit and folly Youtube will be doing a Livestream Event on Youtube next Saturday April 16, 2022 at 8:30PM Bangkok Time[same time as drama aired] to Celebrate the Fandom and the show. It should be a great time so hope everyone can join the fun. 

Link to wit & folly YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqBlwpX_Nh2Ij-yqNXuSD6Q

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Finally finished F4 Thailand! :glasses: It was a solid series but ran out of steam by the end.

@Table122000 I think one of the main reasons for the dwindling amount of comments is because of the 1 episode per week format. Had there been 2 or even 3 episodes per week, the moment wouldn't have been lost.

One of the reasons for Meteor Garden c-version being successful is because they released (I think) 4-5 episodes per week. That was one of the reasons that the audience didn't lose interest. With a 4 month run, this drama's impact in each episode lessened as the drama progressed.

One of the reasons of course being that everyone already knows the story. Nah, I think they should have gone for 2 episodes per week or then reduced the amount of episodes to 10.

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers
On 4/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, partyon said:

Finally finished F4 Thailand! :glasses: It was a solid series but ran out of steam by the end.

@Table122000 I think one of the main reasons for the dwindling amount of comments is because of the 1 episode per week format. Had there been 2 or even 3 episodes per week, the moment wouldn't have been lost.

One of the reasons for Meteor Garden c-version being successful is because they released (I think) 4-5 episodes per week. That was one of the reasons that the audience didn't lose interest. With a 4 month run, this drama's impact in each episode lessened as the drama progressed.

One of the reasons of course being that everyone already knows the story. Nah, I think they should have gone for 2 episodes per week or then reduced the amount of episodes to 10.

I don't think the number of episodes released was the issue here on this forum. This drama has/had a very active and large fandom on twitter and IG.

Ppl don't really come on soompi for anything outside of the Korean pop culture in general (especially when everything else is placed under "Others"). This has been the case with other popular dramas from other countries in the past regardless of the number of episodes. I've been on soompi for a while so I've seen this a lot unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2