[Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

VeraV

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I can't believe we still didn't get a real kiss in ep 12. :crybaby:

Lol maybe we'll get one in the Kavin and Kanning ep coming up next. 

That scene from the trailer where Thyme has his head on Gorya's lap they're wearing a match couple shirt has to becoming soon!!:cutekitty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, balletgoddess said:

Lol maybe we'll get one in the Kavin and Kanning ep coming up next. 

Unfortunately a lot of Thai dramas don't show real kisses and I am starting to worry that this is gonna be one of them.

:criesariver:

• Sad 3

Thoughts on Ep. 12:

Overall another solid episode but there were some things missing for me. 

Things I Liked:

Lita's arc was well done and Kudos to Milk for her performance. For the first time I really felt invested and connected to Lita's sense of betrayal, her insecurity, her desperation, her pain, and finally her resolve and healing. I knew what was coming, but it was still difficult to watch the "strip scene". I was glad Thyme apologized to her. Her speech at the restaurant as she begged for her family to break off the engagement was heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for her. I was so glad to see her father's reaction and comforting words and hug. I think her parents knew something else was going on, but decided to honor Lita's wishes because she was in so much pain. Her video message to Gorya was a great way to show her character growth. I like that she is going to focus on herself and it was sweet to see the goodbye with Gorya at the airport and that they will continue their friendship. I still say that Lita and Ren would make a great couple, although I do not think this version will be pairing them together at the end. We will see if maybe she can return in the final episode or not. 

Finally Kavin/Kaning storyline has started! Loved all their scenes this episode and I look forward to them being a main focus for next episode.  Win and Prim are doing such a great job together! It was very interesting the introduction of Mona (Kavin's first love). So different from previous versions, but still impactful. 

The funny moments with Gorya and Thyme, especially Thyme's unintentional mistakes with his "spend the night speech". Also like Ren & Gorya moments this episode. Ren is such a supportive friend to Gorya. 

As always, I'm enjoying the MJ side story-Story of Iris. Thank you KFC!

Things I Didn't Like:

Gorya still hitting on Thyme, especially when she kicked him. Enough already with that.  I thought we had reached a new level in the main leads' relationship after what happened with Talay and then both Gorya's and Thyme's confessions. 

The ending of the episode in the car was disappointing for me for the same reasons. Finally the issue of Lita is resolved so our main couple can be together freely, but what should have been an intimate romantic scene felt more played for comedy what with Thyme tied up (why??), F3 giggling and waiting outside at the car door, and then Thyme kicks Gorya out of the car after he puts on the necklace  so he can shout?! Not to mention-NO KISS :cry:I don't know but I felt cheated. :rage: It's like the writers and production team got their scenes mixed up. We had a beautifully romantic scene too early. Of course nothing could happen before things with Lita were resolved, so why waste that in the beginning? I wish they could have done things a bit differently. Or at least have Thyme and Gorya return to the balcony for the ending scene as well, and this time have it end properly with Thyme putting on the necklace for Gorya and then they could share a sweet kiss to seal their new commitment to each other. It's been the central love scene for every version, why not here? I really do not understand why the writers and production team deprived us viewers of that. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how the Kavin/Kaning story plays out next week. Even though we saw an almost kiss this week I do not think they really kissed. I think Kavin pulled away right before their lips touched and we'll probably see that next episode along with his rejection of Kaning, telling Kaning that he doesn't deserve love.  I see a lot of people wondering about the love scenes for this show. After this episode, I wonder too. I was really hoping for a nice kiss scene in the final episode, but now I am beginning to doubt we will see any kisses with main couple. It is really depressing.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, partyon said:

I can't believe we still didn't get a real kiss in ep 12. 

Same Here! Like, What? Actually no intimate contact at all! Not even a nice hug! ( That car backseat did not help- very difficult to move around in that tight space) Ugh! So frustrating!

On 3/12/2022 at 12:19 PM, partyon said:

Unfortunately a lot of Thai dramas don't show real kisses and I am starting to worry that this is gonna be one of them.

After Ep. 12 , I am very worried we will not see any physical contact at all, let alone the real kisses. What a waste! But yeah, I understand where you are coming from. From the Thai dramas that I have seen, the kiss scenes are often poorly done. I was hoping that this drama would be different.

On 3/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, itsmeash said:

the fact that the kaning and kavin kiss will likely not be a real kiss and instead just an almost kiss... it'll be my villain origin story starting next week.

It's for sure that the kiss we saw in Ep. 12 is an almost kiss as Kavin not ready to accept Kaning. I think he will be too scared of his feelings and will pull away last minute like you said. I had hopes we might see a nice real kiss between them later on when they become a true couple, but after seeing what happen to main couple in Ep. 12, I have doubt we see anything. Also beginning to fear maybe they don't even end up together at the end. :fearful:

Question: Do people think we are going to see the Hotel scene between Kaning and Kavin in this drama? I thought there was a clip in the trailers of them in a hotel room but I can't find it now.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, Table122000 said:

After Ep. 12 , I am very worried we will not see any physical contact at all, let alone the real kisses. What a waste! But yeah, I understand where you are coming from. From the Thai dramas that I have seen, the kiss scenes are often poorly done. I was hoping that this drama would be different.

Oh, Thai lakorns can do really nice kisses. And really passionate scenes too. :love: It's just that some dramas forego them for some reason. The other Thai lakorn that I am watching currently is taking sexy time scenes to a new level  So the two Thai dramas I am watching currently are almost polar opposites.:joy:

10 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Question: Do people think we are going to see the Hotel scene between Kaning and Kavin in this drama? I thought there was a clip in the trailers of them in a hotel room but I can't find it now.

No idea tbh. I am fairly sure that they'll end up together, but if we don't even get a kiss scene - we won't get a hotel scene.

:crybaby:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Oh, Thai lakorns can do really nice kisses. And really passionate scenes too. :love: It's just that some dramas forego them for some reason. The other Thai lakorn that I am watching currently is taking sexy time scenes to a new level  So the two Thai dramas I am watching currently are almost polar opposites.:joy:

No idea tbh. I am fairly sure that they'll end up together, but if we don't even get a kiss scene - we won't get a hotel scene.

Thanks for the information regarding lakorns and kiss scenes.  What is the name of Thai drama you are waching that has the good kiss scenes? 

I hope you are correct and KK become a couple at the end of the drama. A nice kiss scene would be a bonus.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks for the information regarding lakorns and kiss scenes.  What is the name of Thai drama you are waching that has the good kiss scenes? 

LOL :D Not sure you want to watch it. Only seasoned Thai lakorn viewers like @joccu @Lmangla and myself have jumped into the deep end of the pool to watch this major barf.

:loolz:

It's called Cheating Spouse and it's very VERY barf. :D

https://mydramalist.com/80149-pleng-bin-bai-ngiw

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I hope you are correct and KK become a couple at the end of the drama. A nice kiss scene would be a bonus.

Yeah, it would be a real waste if we get no kiss scene in F4 Thailand. :kicks:

• Like 2

@Table122000  it´s really rollercoaster ride. we still have couple of episodes left.

in some lakorns we have really good kiss scenes.  the another lakorn that @partyon  mention we have really good kiss scenes but it´s really barf. 

now days they invest on BL drama kiss scenes.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@joccu

Thanks for your insights on Thai lakorns and kiss scenes. Much appreciated.   Yes, hopefully this drama will be having good kiss scenes and not disappoint. F4 Thailand is as much rollercoaster as I can handle right now. I think I will wait to check out Cheating Spouse and see what the reviews are once it is finished. Sometimes the melodramas can have unsatisfying endings. I usually watch rom coms, but I will occasionally watch a melodrama, depending. 

17 hours ago, partyon said:

we won't get a hotel scene.

I went back and looked at the 2nd trailer. I found the scene I was talking about earlier and you are right-it's not a hotel.  I think it's  the living room of Kavin's house.  Kavin looks upset, so can't wait to see the whole scene in the next episode.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

:yaaa:We got our first kiss! :highonflowers:

I wasn't too fond of the kiss, but I will take what they give us. :joy:

Mona's and Kavin's backstory was interesting, and they had great chemistry. Even though I know Kaning and Kavin are end game, I can't help but feel a sting in my heart for Mona and Kavin. :heartbreak:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1