[Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

VeraV

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ok I'm in the middle of watching 11th ep, and I'm totally getting impatient. Do we really need to know about Talay this much?

I agree! I was really interested when they revealed his backstory and established their friendship, and how that connection looped back to show how Gorya's protective actions reflected his friend's. But once they went onto the hacking stuff, and getting stabbed, and paying for his schooling - I was over it. They'd already established why he wanted revenge, so by that point, it was overkill.

Also, am I the only one surprised that Lita didn't bring Thyme a bouquet of beverages instead of flowers? The product placement in this show is hilarious. :lol:

Edited by Adrama-Fan
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ok I'm in the middle of watching 11th ep, and I'm totally getting impatient. Do we really need to know about Talay this much?

Ms. Koko.... :bawling: The guy playing Talay is a good actor. They probably wanted to give him a good role. :love:

I do confess that I FFed some of the scenes though.

:loolz:

• Like 3

English subbed Promo/Interview with Nani & Dew (Click on CC for English subtitles)

These guys are hilarious! They seem like real friends-hope that is the case and a friendship has been born from working together on this drama.

Nani Promo for "Best Life" OST (Unfortunately not subbed. Hopefully they will add subtitles later)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, Adrama-Fan said:

Also, am I the only one surprised that Lita didn't bring Thyme a bouquet of beverages instead of flowers? The product placement in this show is hilarious. :lol:

hahaha I guess it shows she isn't in "the group", that's why her gift is no PPL. When she was "accepted", she also did the PPL :D

Are they building up Lita as evil now? I guess she does feel betrayed and tbh she has justification. After all officially Thyme is her boyfriend, since even he personally asked her. 

Ouch

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ms. Koko.... :bawling: The guy playing Talay is a good actor. They probably wanted to give him a good role. :love:

I do confess that I FFed some of the scenes though.

He is indeed a very good actor, I'm not denying that. We shouldn't be surprised if they make a spinoff BL series with Talay and phupha's story arc. LOL. I would definitely watch it. 

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Wait, do they all sing? :love:  @kokodus Ms. Koko, I have to say that your raccoon oppa doesn't need as much autotune as your new Thai oppa, but not bad I have to say. :kiss_wink:

what are you trying to do here? Are you pitching V oppa against Nani oppa to see whose side I'll take? LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

30 minutes ago, agenth said:

Are they building up Lita as evil now? I guess she does feel betrayed and tbh she has justification. After all officially Thyme is her boyfriend, since even he personally asked her. 

It sure looks like it. :D Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.... Expect some slaps in the next episodes - this is a Thai drama after all :D

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

He is indeed a very good actor, I'm not denying that. We shouldn't be surprised if they make a spinoff BL series with Talay and phupha's story arc. LOL. I would definitely watch it. 

I actually thought about the same thing. They had pretty good chemistry :joy:

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

what are you trying to do here? Are you pitching V oppa against Nani oppa to see whose side I'll take? LOL. 

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

I and @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng will never stop trying to get you to abandon your raccoon oppa! lol
:evilelmo:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

No offense to the actor who played Talay, but a lot of that could've been given to other more prominent characters. It felt way too drawn out.

Omo! That's how differently people can perceive characters I guess. I actually was glad he was acting Talay, because I felt that he was a stronger actor than any of his same age peers in this drama.

• Like 2

The new episode was really good. 
only minus I would say that thyme should have not confessed his feeling for gorya while he’s still technically in a relationship with lita.  But oh well. Now Lita is going to turn scorned woman.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Thai Drama] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers, 8:30 PM every Saturday on GMM25.

Thoughts on Ep. 11:

Certainly the most important episode to date of the drama.  The drama has been slowly building toward this climax since episode 1, laying the groundwork. Finally we see a version not afraid to provide a true resolution to the bullying story arc and not just sweep it aside.  Kudos to the writers and director. Scenes between Talay and Thyme-wow. Love how we see Talay being a mirror of Thyme there. And when Thyme actually went and knelt in apology to his victims- took my breath away to see that on screen in this drama, along with the scenes of Thyme posting the incriminating video himself and willing to accept all consequences for his previous actions.  Talk about character development!  But the writers continue the surprises with scene where Talay is talking about needing to stop everything at the root cause and Ren has flashback thought of Roselyn giving out the red card. Yes, pointing out that the real root is the society itself. The writing and directing of the drama just so good. Social commentary-does society seek punitive justice or restorative justice? We are getting so much deep thought here from what is essentially a teenage drama story. Amazing.  Kudos to Kay for his performance as Talay for this arc. On the other hand, I really would have liked to see a scene between Phupha and Thyme in this episode exploring the themes rather than everything be either between Talay and Thyme or Talay and Phupha flashback. I feel it would have been more meaningful and I also just really wanted to see Thyme apologizing to Phupha, although I am happy we got a scene of Thyme apologizing to a victim unknown to the audience-representing everyone. I just wish we could have had both. 

Hospital confession scene with Gorya was sweet and also funny.  This scene is always a bit difficult for me in the various versions. I do appreciate the humor, but I always feel bad for Gorya character getting tricked like that. The prank also takes power away from Gorya/Makino's confession of love. Here is her character finally accepting her feelings for Thyme and declaring her love directly to him but it's played for comedy. I wish we could have had a short scene of Thyme & Gorya alone together in the hospital room after her confession so we could have a more impactful sweet moment between the 2 here on this momentous occasion. 

Anyway-LOVED our Kavin/Kaning scene this episode! Wish we could have had some more scenes of those two. Hopefully they will get more screentime and their storyline will really begin next episode. PLEASE! With only 5 episodes left, I hope that this couple will get justice. Even though we've had minimal on screen interactions with this couple, I do like how the drama has shown that they have been keeping in touch with one another off screen to give context to their brief on screen interactions-talking on the phone and texting for sure. Perhaps meeting at the flower shop too. but that has not been explicitly referred to like the phone calling. 

The meteor rain/necklace scene was very sweet! Too bad we could not have a kiss like in the other versions. Unfortunately, Gorya can't really accept Thyme  (or that necklace) at this moment because he's still engaged and officially boyfriend of Lita! He needs to break off with Lita properly before he and Gorya can be in official relationship or have any chance of kiss scene. Lita deserve honesty from both Thyme and Gorya. Poor Lita. I still think she would be a good match for Ren. I am hoping that maybe they can get together at last episode.  So I don't expect any kisses between our main couple next episode for sure. Maybe we will get nice kiss on the final episode, I hope. 

Looking forward to Ep. 12!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:03 AM, Table122000 said:

Question for the Forum: Why is it that every version of this story always downplays the sexual attraction between the main leads? In the original source manga, there are plenty of scenes where the 2 leads show they are physically attracted to one another (heck, there are several scenes where the FL just stares at the male lead because she is overcome by his good looks), but this aspect of their relationship always seems to get downplayed and sidelined in the drama versions. I mean we viewers always ask ourselves, how could Makino fall for Tsukasa after the terrible things he did to her? Well, a big part of the answer was she thought he was handsome and was sexually attracted to him. I think only Taiwan even broached the subject of the mutual physical attraction.  For me, Taiwan was also the only version that showed a believable passionate kiss scenes between the 2 leads. In all the other versions I have seen, the physical attraction is downplayed, especially for the female lead. I mean in this Thailand version, FL can't even admit ML looks handsome at his birthday party. I find it strange...

i love what you wrote here. it gave me some new insight about it. i do believe physical attraction plays important part in love. 

as for the kiss scene, i think taiwan’s version got the most passionate one maybe because among all characters, they are the oldest? they were university students but here in thai version they are high school student. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

i love what you wrote here. it gave me some new insight about it. i do believe physical attraction plays important part in love. 

as for the kiss scene, i think taiwan’s version got the most passionate one maybe because among all characters, they are the oldest? they were university students but here in thai version they are high school student. 

@Table122000 to piggyback off of this comment, I think this has a lot to do with the age of the characters in most of the adaptations. The ML in the source material is only like in her second year in high school. The Taiwanese version gave the characters an update to college students so they had more room to explore and acknowledge the sensual tension between the leads. I'm disregarding Meteor Garden 2018 (not a favorite of mine and I've seen all the other versions) the characters acted like they were in high school even though they were in college and there was so much disconnect. Javabean gave a better explanation below lol

https://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/to-all-the-flower-boys-ive-loved-before/

• Like 2
  • Blob 2