[Thai Drama 2022] F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers

VeraV

Thoughts on Ep 13:

Wow! What a great episode! Finally we get the Kavin/Kaning/Mona storyline and it was worth the wait. So glad that it ended with Kavin ready to move on from Mona and let love into his life. So glad that Double K couple are endgame in this version. What a relief! Of course, I'm disappointed we will probably not get any kiss between Kavin and Kaning for the rest of the series, but I am so glad that they are together and I do hope that we will get a few more glimpses of them acting as a couple before the end of the drama. 

It was nice to see Thyme & Gorya acting as a couple this episode. I really appreciated the inclusion of sincere heart to heart conversations between them as Thyme helped Gorya out this episode. I enjoy the funny moments as much as anyone, but I am glad that the writers put more emphasis on Thyme & Gorya just interacting as a regular couple without all the bickering. I do hope that we get more of that going forward and less of the fighting/bickering. (Although I guess it's time for the separation since Roselyn is back and from what they showed in the preview.) Other highlight: the First Kiss between Thyme and Gorya. I went into this episode with zero expectations of any skinship, let alone a kiss so I was very excited that they included an actual kiss scene. I like that Gorya initiated the first kiss and then Thyme followed her lead. Of course it was very sweet and chaste, a mere brushing of lips, which did not surprise me, but overall it felt underwhelming to me. (Part of the reason is because we had to wait so long for the scene-buildup and anticipation were high. ) I have mixed feelings about the kiss scene, mostly because I am afraid that it will be the ONLY kiss scene for the entire drama. I hope I am wrong.  I don't mind a scene with a sweet, soft kiss or even an awkward kiss scene as long as it's not the final kiss or the only kiss scene. Thai drama have a reputation for fake kiss scenes so I was very glad that we saw actual lips on lips-even if it was the slightest graze- and not camera tricks. (Although they did move quickly to show a shot of the back of Thyme's head, eliminating the view of Thyme & Gorya's mouths so camera trick there, but it did flow well into the scene.) 

Enjoyed MJ's continuing Story of Iris mini-ep. 

Preparing myself for the heartbreak next episode!

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I just finished ep 12

I love the secret story.. MJ looks somehow different on the basketball court.

that was so hilarious..  

Me Too! I'm really enjoying his mini story, and Aum is so cute! It was hilarious when she thought that other guy was MJ's father! And she was like "Hi, Dad!" :lol:

6 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Unpopular opinion probably:

I don't think Kavin and Kaning's story was rushed.

Also, DOUBLE K AND HOLDING HANDS!!!! BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!!!! 

I also did not think Kavin/Kaning story was rushed. I liked the pacing of this episode and I felt that the writers and director gave enough time to the characters and gave a proper resolution and justice to the story arc. I found the episode very satisfying. Loved that they were holding hands at the end of the episode! My ship is sailing! :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, partyon said:

We got our first kiss! 

I wasn't too fond of the kiss, but I will take what they give us. :joy:

Mona's and Kavin's backstory was interesting, and they had great chemistry. Even though I know Kaning and Kavin are end game, I can't help but feel a sting in my heart for Mona and Kavin. :heartbreak:

Yes! Finally the first kiss!

I agree with you the kiss was underwhelming. I think that director could have done a better job with that scene, perhaps some different editing and camera angles, along with better direction of the actors. I notice Bright was doing that half on half off lips move which always looks very weird to me. I could see they were going for a very sweet, soft kiss vibe, but it ended up looking strange. Director needs to step up his directing skills for kiss scenes.  I saw some comments in twitter saying it looked fake-like it was digitally edited in. I did not think it looked fake or digitally manipulated, but it definitely was a bit disappointing. That said, like you I will take what I can get and I really appreciate that we got an actual kiss scene between the 2 leads. I really hope that we get another, better kiss before the end of the drama. 

I also liked the Mona & Kavin backstory in this version, and it was bittersweet moments. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I agree with you the kiss was underwhelming. I think that director could have done a better job with that scene, perhaps some different editing and camera angles, along with better direction of the actors. ¨

Gonna be brutally honest here. To me it looked like an amateur kiss and it was so awkward I can only think of the following reasons:

1) One of the actors has no experience in kissing - and this may have been her first kiss?

2) It was digitally edited

3) The PD does not know what a sensual kiss looks like and directed the actors to do this

They better step up their game 'cause it was so cringe and awkward I had to FF the scene in the end. The second hand embarrassment was real...

:emmm:

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Looks like MJ and the KFC girl clicked at once.

This here is my favorite couple in the series! MJ is my favorite character and I definitely look forward to his interactions with KFC girl in every episode. :wub:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Should we nickname him Dr. Love? :joy:

Dr. Love...  :approves:   or Clumsy Dr. Love.. He tried to escape through the car window   :lol:

The main couple

I though for a moment that the dream scene was real..  :sweatingbullets:

Their kiss was a little weird.

The almost kiss between K and K in the car was sparkly.  :wub:

The fake kiss between Kavin  and Mona was perfect.

Uncle Ga's first kiss was so silly   :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Gonna be brutally honest here. To me it looked like an amateur kiss and it was so awkward I can only think of the following reasons:

1) One of the actors has no experience in kissing - and this may have been her first kiss?

2) It was digitally edited

3) The PD does not know what a sensual kiss looks like and directed the actors to do this

They better step up their game 'cause it was so cringe and awkward I had to FF the scene in the end. The second hand embarrassment was real...

Agree with you it was a poorly done kiss scene. There are better ways to do a sweet first kiss.  Your reasons are valid. I agree with #1-From what I understand, Gorya is Tu first role, so it is high probability this was also Tu's first on screen kiss scene, and kiss scenes can be stressful for even experienced actors. Very likely Tu was nervous. (Bright might have been nervous as well)  Can't comment on her personal experience with kissing. Tu is currently 21 years old, so she probably has had one or two relationships if not more, but maybe not.

#2- I don't have enough tech knowledge to figure out if this was digitially manipulated or edited in. From what I can see, it looks real and not manipulated.  I think the beginnign of the kiss scene where Bright had his lips next to Gorya's cheek and for some reason both he and Tu are moving their lips but the lips are not touching led people to believe that the kiss might be digitally edited or manipulated because, really, who does that? It takes a few seconds before Bright moves his head to have his and Tu's lips meet, and then he's doing that half on half off move which seems common in Asian dramas- I've seen other actors do that in Korean dramas. 

#3-Yes! Frankly, I put most of the blame on the director. If he has newbie actress or any actors worried about kiss scenes then it is his responsibility to deal with any concerns and make the actors feel safe and comfortable. Also is the director's job to give guidance to the actors to get the performance he wants. Agree with you that this director needs to up his research on how to create a good kiss scene. It was a very weird looking kiss. The beginning of the kiss was especially strange looking since Bright's lips were just next to Tu's cheek and not really on her lips and then he did that half on, half off move which I find really weird looking.  I sincerely hope that the director talks to some collegues and watches some other kiss scenes to improve himself in this area.

For example, for guidance on how to do mere graze of lips kiss, talk to director of Full House Thailand because the ice cream kiss scene of that drama was so well done.

For anyone interested, here is link for scene from Full House Thai. Now this is how you do it for what is basically a non kiss/mere brush of lips but still feeling very sensual: 

Overall, I am praying that this kiss scene is not the only kiss between the main leads for the drama and we will have another, much better kiss scene between Thyme & Gorya before the drama finishes. It will be so disappointing if this kiss is the only one for the drama. 

• Love 2

The night car scene

Im glad Kavin was honest with Kaning.

I suppose he was a little surprised because he didnt expect her to

understand him so well.

I liked how she remained completely calm.

The whole swimming scene was stunning.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, Table122000 said:

For example, for guidance on how to do mere graze of lips kiss, talk to director of Full House Thailand because the ice cream kiss scene of that drama was so well done.

For anyone Insterested, here is link for scene from Full House Thai. Now this is how you do it for what is basically a non kiss/mere brush of lips but still feeling very sensual: 

**Runs away to watch Full House**

giphy.gif

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Adrama-Fan said:

**Runs away to watch Full House**

Hahaha! Loved your GIF! Full House Thailand is so good! I think it's even better than the original Korean version.  The main leads Aom and Mike have great chemistry together. I'll be interested to read your thoughts on it. Hope you enjoy Full House Thai.  I might have to do a rewatch myself while waiting for the next episode of F4 Thailand.

• Blob 2

25 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

I might have to do a rewatch myself while waiting for the next episode of F4 Thailand.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I really think that they made a mistake by only airing one episode per week. The drama started out so well but lately it's been running out of steam in my opinion.

2 episodes per week would have kept the momentum up a lot better.

@Adrama-Fan Thai version of Full House is great and agree with @Table122000 that the leads' chemistry is off the charts. :glasses:

• Like 1

Ep. 13 Reviews & Analysis:

F4 Obsessed [wit and folly YT]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENrIzhHdnRw&list=PLl48U7CPgd7u0NU5v7b1k5oyplbrmvMbX&index=20

The Review Geek:  https://www.thereviewgeek.com/f4thailand-boysoverflowers-s1e13review/

m.art on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/MArtRevenge/status/1505552742999379968

Drama Analyst on Twitter has some really good analysis of Kavin/Kaning storyline.

Thread on Kavin/Kaning storyline up to Ep. 12

https://twitter.com/drama_analyst/status/1504824733673660423

Thread on Kavin/Kaning Episode 13

https://twitter.com/drama_analyst/status/1505573847092895747

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, partyon said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I really think that they made a mistake by only airing one episode per week. The drama started out so well but lately it's been running out of steam in my opinion.

2 episodes per week would have kept the momentum up a lot better.

I agree with you. Only having 1 episode a week  has really affected the momentum of the series. I've noticed that audience enthusiasm has been in decline since around the halfway point of the drama. Asking viewers for a 4 month commitment was too much.  It's too bad because I think this version is really good, especially with the writing. Two episodes a week would have been so much better for keeping up audience engagement and interest. I'm not sure how the ratings are doing in Thailand, but I would not be surprised if they are declining. (Although I did see a few posts statiung that F4 Thailand remains at #1 spot each week for VIU Thailand.)

• Blob 1