[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

I think i was beaming from ear to ear at the end of episode 14. FINALLY! 

I have a feeling they wouldn’t be able

to keep their hands off each other so working together would be something that they may struggle with (but in the best possible way!)

And i think i might just keep rewatching this episode because it’s my absolute favourite! :blush:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, agenth said:

Thanks! I wasn't able to eat as I was in the hospital. Me: when Jaewon realises everyone else got all those clamps but him. (Raaaamen :( can eat it only in 6 weeks). Cold, Eunoh, cold! He mourns when he got so many back in Yangyang, being her sweetie. 

This episode was of course sizzling again. They always give such great cliffhangers. I shouldn't like it, but I love this kind of of pain lol. Only sorry that sunyoung wasn't there to see. But maybe the rest of the group will interrupt this moment? Because their "fight" was kinda loud?

Hope you're recovering well! At least got LITC to keep you entertained.

LOL the angst is something to behold. I really like the buildup. So far the only episode that didn't get me immediately was ep 1 and maybe one more either ep 5 or 6. Otherwise, I love the overall tone of this show and how the story build up and then sweep us all off our feet. Haha. So brilliant. Both the writing and the direction were ace. And the cast and chemistry is just off the charts! 

In the previews, I'd found LEO annoying but in the actual episode, her dialogues paired with PJW were downright funny. And no matter how many times I watched the ramen scene, I still laughed. She's rude to him cos she doesn't know how else to get him off her back. But what she didn't expect was PJW has a snarky side too. So it became explosive. Did you catch his subtle challenging look when he insisted he'd stay on for her ramen? Then our girl not only shot him daggers, she retaliated by way of withdrawing all the clams. So sad yet so funny. Cos the last time they were at the beach, she served him one huge bowl packed with clams.

Actually half the time the kissing scene was on, I kept thinking maybe one of her friends will witness it. Well, that would be funny.

We missed Sun Yong in this episode. Wonder if she might get back with Geon. But there's an amber light blinking on Kyung Joon and Rin Yi's front. They are not compatible in their vision for the future and that's pretty detrimental unless one party is willing to change.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Preview 1 for next Tuesday (whyyyyyy so many days)

Aahhh she tells her friends!! Whether it's because they found out or because she now decides to confess - well either way I can't wait for Tuesday to come. 

I just want to say I love that they gave so much screentime to this main couple. Yeah, it's a bit sad that the others don't have much depth or story, but I like the interactions and everything and I just GOTTA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!

// edit:

Also, I forgot to share the OST release of Kiss Me, Kiss Me :wow1:

It#s wonderful and gives me flashback to all the kiss scenes and the rain <3

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 2

Every episode just keeps getting better and better. While watching their argument in the parking area, it was so funny. I couldn’t stop laughing. The ex-wife part though. Lol. While they were arguing, I’m trying to think who seduce who first. I think PJW made the move first by grabbing her hand in ep 1 but thinking about it, LEO made all the kissing moves first. In ep 2, when his finger touched her lip and he pulled back but she kissed his finger which turned into a spark. He also stopped himself when they were about to have sex but she wanted more which led to the one night stand they had. I think she made all the moves first and she did it again in ep 14 by kissing him when he confronted her.

Whether it’s YSA or LEO, she’s still the same person and her feelings didn’t change. We know PJW loves her either way. If he couldn’t accept her as LEO then he would of walked away but he didn’t. At the end, he said her name, LEO when he confronted her. He didn’t say YSA. 

The kiss scene at the end was so hot. The hard intense kissing, the longing for each other. It was so emotional yet passionate and romantic all at the same time. I love everything about their chemistry. 

Also, I loved that cute little smile PJW did when it was announced that O3 got picked. He couldn’t hide that smile and happiness. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, elizabeth said:

Every episode just keeps getting better and better. While watching their argument in the parking area, it was so funny. I couldn’t stop laughing. The ex-wife part though. Lol. While they were arguing, I’m trying to think who seduce who first. I think PJW made the move first by grabbing her hand in ep 1 but thinking about it, LEO made all the kissing moves first. In ep 2, when his finger touched her lip and he pulled back but she kissed his finger which turned into a spark. He also stopped himself when they were about to have sex but she wanted more which led to the one night stand they had. I think she made all the moves first and she did it again in ep 14 by kissing him when he confronted her.

I actually watched the last part nth time cos I enjoyed their bickering. It's so funny at some point, light dawn on PJW and he started blaming himself, that he's sorry for being PJW, for having her as his ex-wife. Their continuous retort was really hilarious. And how she punched his car and asked him to move, and he retaliated by slapping her car too while agreeing to move. And she kicked his car and he started to question...no one wanted to give way so the ring gave way. LOL. And I super love how he carried her to retrieve her ring. The whole scene and the transitions from being angry to being confused and then passionate were so flawless.

Anyway, while waiting for ep 15, I'm feeding off the comments on The Swoon. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@Mizzy yes, that whole scene was so funny. I also repeated that scene so many times too. His random apologies, pointing the finger at her for trying to seduce him, both slapping each other’s car and yes when he carried her so he can get the ring was so so cute. I love that whole bickering scene and then BAM! They went from bickering to passionately kissing was just amazing. They both nailed that scene perfectly.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK_mgVip6Lk/

Here are the BTS of Episode 13-14. My only complaint is they cut off right before the kiss haha. Would have loved to see the BTS of that. Then again, probably better to keep me alive :p

Preview 2 for tomorrow's episode:

Lol. Once again he is frustrated and boxing his pillow. I wonder what Eunoh did, apart from breaking the moment? Perhaps going back in denial and saying she doesn't care? Stealing the rings.

He considers "revenge" but never the possibility of meeting another woman :') Jaewonah.... just take a deep breath. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I won’t judge these previews too much or they can sometimes mislead you. I’m thinking after finding out the whole truth from ep 14 and after their intense kiss, he’s still shook why she never told him the truth from the beginning about how she felt and hid from him all this time.. so maybe he wants revenge because he suffered for a year. 

It’s cute how he said “I like Lee Eun Oh”. Seems like he’s fallen for LEO this time.

• Like 1

I feel this new episode wrapped up a lot of this drama today. The truth is revealed and its a simple reason. To fall in love in the city truly comes at a cost because everyone has their own life's interpretation. LEO is like many women I see and work with today. It really is about taking care of yourself in the end of it all. I may be frustrated like PJW and want to beat my pillow too, but just like PJW, I understand now and will step back to leave room for LEO to grow more then ever. This drama is becoming a lifestyle improvement book. Ha.

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

The LEO character arc felt so complete today. The build up to the duality between LEO and ESA seemed so complex and difficult to reconcile but the way they unravelled her character was so beautiful in its simplicity. Also I like the way everyone accepts her and doesn’t use terms like crazy, bi polar or imposter syndrome. They made her feel accepted. Also it validated her coping mechanism and made her feel loved and healed. Healed enough to give her strength to find her true self. 

And PJWs arc was literally the best he went from obsessed psycho to being hopelessly in love to accepting and giving her space, freedom and truly listening to what she wants. It’s really selfless love. He truly behaved mature when it came to that crucial point. That’s why I feel that despite all the crankiness the character is truly has inner strength and that’s why he can love LEO despite it all. 
but the most wonderful thing is the friendship between the three of them. It’s so pure and untouched, them waiting for LEO to return. It’s as if the kindergarten kids in them still love each other selflessly, innocently and with a pure heart - accepting and all giving. Truly precious and beautiful ♥️

• Like 7

I was a bit disappointed initially when LEO said what she said to PJW, but now that i’m thinking about it.. what i like about this drama is that it’s so relatable to actual life. 

I agree with Raynaa and N Bina’s view on this episode and this episode really tied up a lot of loose ends.

Can’t wait for the next episode on Friday! Are we really only left with 2 episodes? :cry:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

After today’s episode there are still a few questions left:

- if the lock necklace has any significance. Vintage jewellery used lock and key as mementos when a couple loved each other but were forced to be apart. The key was kept by the man and the lock

was with the woman. In this case PJW has the rings. It also symbolises ‘locked in love’ or commitment which might be why PJW bought it when they got married and were happy.

- I wonder that why the house that PJW is building is mentioned so often.

- And of course the Rini and her boyfriend need to face and resolve their personality clashes and the fact that she doesn’t want to get married at all. 
- im not sure how the actor who plays the cop is caught up in the entire story either.

- Will Rara and her husband make an appearance again? 
- will PJW bash up the ex boyfriend

- and of course who’s filming this? 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

This is the episode I cried the most. I don't understand why Seon Yeong broke off with Kang Geon again even though she said he was special to her. But the entire dialogue and how she ended with him made me feel so sad for her.

Then LEO's confession and how Rin Yi cried along and told her that she loves her for who she is. Even as I'm typing this out, my tears are dropping. Both friends never judged her, never asked her why, and just heard her. Even though they said they felt mad cos she kept all those secrets from them, they were still for her.

I really like that the writer answered most questions we had about the characters along the episodes. I may not understand or accept why the characters behave the way they did, but at least I see their reasons. I think the relationship between PJW and LEO is pretty well handled. They can't continue without resolving LEO's emotional struggle or their relationship will forever be haunted by this YSA character. She will always feel PJW love YSA and not her.

I think she'll wear the necklace. I don't pretend to know how they'll end but I believe there will be some closure for us as viewers and we won't walk away from this drama feeling shortchanged. Hope there will be funny moments to laugh at in the last 2 episodes.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Raynaa said:

After today’s episode there are still a few questions left:

- if the lock necklace has any significance. Vintage jewellery used lock and key as mementos when a couple loved each other but were forced to be apart. The key was kept by the man and the lock was with the woman. In this case PJW has the rings. It also symbolises ‘locked in love’ or commitment which might be why PJW bought it when they got married and were happy.

Sorry to cut your post, but the significance of the lock necklace ties back to Jae-won's proposal to Seon-ah, when he sang in the phone booth, "Will you spare me a room in your heart, so I can be locked up inside?"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The longest episode so far and I love it.

It gives more perspective to the side characters. And more insight to Eunoh. In any case, this drama should end either with time skip and they meet in the future, and/or she becomes aware of her worth and accepts it. She must be the one to go after Jaewon, not the other way around anymore. His love for her is her comfort zone, because he will accept whatever she does (and did).  She never had to fight for him. Because he was there, always, never asking. In the past whenever he did what she wanted, in the present when the memories were precious and hidden to her only.

She has been living a lie by omitting her past and not dealing with her issues. Most people would have turned to loved ones for being hurt, but she instead ran away and was in denial, up until this episode. When her friends said she is before and now Eunoh, that is true. Her experiences have shaped her. Especially hurtful ones, like her scumbag fiancée. Now she must work past it and live on. 

the same is what Sunyoung does essentially. She chooses not to live on Geon's past promise/words anymore, when he said she could seek him out when feeling low (about her mother), because she realises that that's the past and now she must stand on her own two feet.

The episode dealt with Geon and Sunyoung cleanly (for the time allotted). Kyungjoon and Rini are what's left. He can't deal with her ... im going to call it bohemian cheapskate ways as it makes their life less comfortable. He has all the money so he'd rather pay for more ease, while she values every cent she makes and spends accordingly.

• Like 7