[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

Goodness. I clicked here accidentally and read everything. I try not to think about the airing days because the drama leaves me in suspense each week. So I " forgot " it was Tuesday and we had such a cliffhanger last Friday.

I need to clear some space today then to watch this uninterrupted. Good golly I don't see how the 2 will end up being equal in the relationship unless there is a time jump. I mean it in an emotional sense they are not in a place where both are ready to restart their relationship properly.

• Like 5

I totally see a time skip in our future, because if you have been watching any of Wook's behind-scenes on his You Tube channel, the production did a LOT of filming in Yangyang which we have not seen yet.  Including him getting all dressed up for something... maybe a REAL wedding this time, hmmmmm? :love:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I've watched the episode. Ok I take back any comments about the interview stylec monologues. I guess it beats the actors speaking out loud in other Kdramas.

I think hearing Eun- so speak about her actions made me sympathetic towards her. She is right she has to spend time disovering herself before she can look after another person's emotional needs. Her own hasn't been sorted. Even I cried especially when I saw how supportive her friends are.

I know some others will say PJW can support her. But he is kind of overwhelming you know. And he is or can perceive that his actions can be for her own good. So yeah its better they are not close together.

But goodness me JCW's acting. I have seen severa of his dramas but this is the most emotive, emotionally open role I've seen him in. The whole confrontation and then angst on the bedroom? I was just marvelling how believable he was.

• Like 10

I loved the latest episode, but I was down on the end because I honestly thought Geon & Seon-Yeong were going to put it all back together - of the 3 couples issues, theirs seem the easiest to get over/through - they both made foolish assumptions, and obviously walked away when they both are still caught up in each other.  After today's episode, they both clearly realize what happened. I really thought Geon was going to light the candle to tell Eun-O & Rin-I that he still likes Seon-Yeong, but the Eun-O candle jumped him - Even til the credits, when it was just Geon standing their, I thought right at the end, he'd pull out his phone and call Seon-Yeong ... but no

:headbang:

He let her walk away at the restaurant, He didn't go to her when she was crying in the alley, they didn't call each other when they both clearly still want each other ...

Only 2 episodes left - Still ... I'm sticking with team Seon-Yeong/Geon for the WIN!  :ohboy2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I loved the latest episode, but I was down on the end because I honestly thought Geon & Seon-Yeong were going to put it all back together - of the 3 couples issues, theirs seem the easiest to get over/through - they both made foolish assumptions, and obviously walked away when they both are still caught up in each other.  After today's episode, they both clearly realize what happened. I really thought Geon was going to light the candle to tell Eun-O & Rin-I that he still likes Seon-Yeong, but the Eun-O candle jumped him - Even til the credits, when it was just Geon standing their, I thought right at the end, he'd pull out his phone and call Seon-Yeong ... but no

He let her walk away at the restaurant, He didn't go to her when she was crying in the alley, they didn't call each other when they both clearly still want each other ...Only 2 episodes left - Still ... I'm sticking with team Seon-Yeong/Geon for the WIN!  

My thoughts too! I don't understand why they broke off again. I know it's a better closure for their relationship but gosh, aren't these 2 still fond of each other. So why not make up? Why the break up? I really don't get it. But Seon Yeong emoted really well. I was so saddened by her words cos she's obviously very lonely because she hasn't met the right person.

And I can't get over why Kang Geon was so cool. Sigh. But the girls don't seem to support him cos they never gave him the chance to speak. He was also considerate of LEO's state and decided not to elaborate his story. Come to think of it, he's truly a "Pushover". But if you think about it...that's kinda true with girls ganging up against boys some times. LOL.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, cherkell said:

I totally see a time skip in our future, because if you have been watching any of Wook's behind-scenes on his You Tube channel, the production did a LOT of filming in Yangyang which we have not seen yet.  Including him getting all dressed up for something... maybe a REAL wedding this time, hmmmmm? :love:

What ep of the BTS was this?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

Today’s episode was like a closure for PJW and LEO. It was heartbreaking, emotional, and you can feel PJW’s devastation. The conversation between the two felt so real. The emotions and honesty in their voice tone. It’s clear that LEO loves him but in order for her to accept herself first, she has to focus on herself before she can accept PJW in her heart and love him the way she wants to love him.  It’s true about what she says, neither of them will be happy if they get back together right away. Both of them want different things atm. I mean PJW wants to be with her but she can’t be with him yet because she’s still trying to figure herself or find herself first. So if she stayed for him it’ll hurt him even more and she might end up having more of a identity crisis.. then both will just hate each other and not be happy at the end. He obviously loves her and accepted her decision and you can tell he supported her. He let her go for her to find what she’s looking for. That phrase that goes, “if two people are meant to be, they’ll find their way back.” I believe they both sacrifice their love in order to also heal and let go until they are ready to love again.

What they both want is not selfish or wrong. Though I still feel sad for PJW, I do wish that LEO would of told him that he was also one of the reasons that helped her change and find the real her but at least he now knows that she didn’t regret doing anything with him. At least she knows that she still loves him and her love for him didn’t change. Unfortunately, she wasn’t in the right state of mind to fully be with him just yet. 

I also think that LEO didn’t need to be YSA, for everyone to accept and love her but then again I feel like being YSA also helped her in many ways.. sometimes I feel like maybe PJW wasn’t the reason for her to find her true self.. maybe it’s been there all this time and she didn’t realize it. Being YSA was probably an excuse. I believe that she loved PJW as LEO and not as YSA. Her feelings between her split personality still confuse her but I think being YSA, I think she also learned a lot about herself. She was already enough, already self worth. 

I also cried so hard when LEO told RY and KG about her disappearance for 3 months. That scene was heartbreaking to watch yet very emotional and heartwarming. Just so much full of love and caring towards LEO. They never judged her, they didn’t question her, they only showed love and care towards her until she was ready to talk. They didn’t pressure her and instead, they gave her as much time as she needed until she was ready. I love their friendship so much. When they all hugged made me want to jump through the screen to hug them too. 

This episode also had a closure between KG and SY. I feel like maybe she wanted him to fight for her and mean it by his actions and not just by words. She said when he didn’t go after her, it made her sad. Yet, he still didn’t go after her when she walked away and was crying in the alley. I think with KG, maybe he didn’t put her first. He’s always choosing LEO and RY and says he loves SY too but I think for her, she wants to be his top priority. In her shoes, she wants him to pick her over his friends. Which was also a problem in their relationship. She is someone that is lonely and want to be loved too. Maybe he didn’t love her enough. His words speaks differently than his actions. 

With only two episodes left, I do agreed that there will be a time jump to 1 or 2 years later. When both PJW and LEO are healed and moved on from the past. I think the locket necklace to LEO is a sign that he’ll wait for her and when she’s ready to love him again as her full self, he will welcome her back in his arms and both be happily together. 

• Like 7

Is a preview for episode 16 posted? Please can someone share it?

I just hope that the way they have tied out everything so well until now, when PJW and LEO get back together it’s captured well. It’s almost a perfectly written screenplay especially with many long scenes which have displayed depth, finesse and great acting. Hope that the ending does justice to the entire series so far. 

• Like 1

More previews/teasers:

Episode 16 sounds like the end (and restart) of the story of these 3 couples, whereas Episode 17 will focus on building for Season 2. 

In any case, it's a positive note, à la having had pain and dealt with it and learnt from it. 

@cherkell I had forgotten about that bit of BTS, thanks for posting. As always, he looks handsome, and it does look like some kind of formal wear that I've seen for other men during weddings in the countryside :O

• Thanks 3

I have so many feelings about this series... that I can't express. But this is now one of my favourite series ever now. It was a beautiful journey!

Episode 17 will focus on Minho, and perhaps Jaewon and Eunoh will make a cameo, since the BTS outfit has not shown up yet? And the story of Geon and SunYoung and Rini and Kyungjoon is open-ended. 

• Like 9

I just love PJWs character. He’s bf goals ♥️ He’s aggressive, almost geeky at times and cranky but his confidence and dedication is just superb. He’s like the definition of loving with all your heart. And I think he’s the opposite of many bfs in real life who are spineless, his mental strength is so unwavering. His character has work and relationship ethics. He sticks to his commitments and I liked the way he was so sure he did not want to date anyone else as it would be wrong to him and the other girl too . Looks wise JCW was always hot ;) but his acting in this series is like perfect and the range of emotions just wow. 

Although controversial and considered toxic by many,  I like LEOs character because she was resilient and wanted to improve and she was brave enough to accept PJWs help. She did not let her introvert and timid self get the better of her and withdraw into a shell and push PJW away. She was willing to change. I think a lot of people have hurt other people and been in a bad space themselves but they don’t want to take the bull by it’s horns like she said she can now do with PJWs help. I think to cling on to hope it’s really necessary to accept help whether it’s from a partner, a friend, family or a counsellor. The willingness and action to improve are both important and she displayed that. Also I really do think she loved him. In the scene when she sees him at the building opening I felt she really was excited to see him and she wanted to go up to him and hug him and talk to him about all the arrangements she’s made. She just missed being with him and having him around and talking to him . It was more than just need or an attraction. Even when she searched for the ring in the water, the restaurant scene when she cried seeing him frustrated and how she touches his ring the love feels real.

both the leads their acting is brilliant - the restaurant drunk scene, the car mirror break scene and now the terrace scene all were acted so so well. I like how the love, acceptance, nervousness, sense of relief all the mixed emotions are reflected when PJW sighs after kissing her in today’s episode and she also says that it feels like their first kiss. These three scenes I think both the actors forgot themselves and really lived as the characters during those moments...the emotions felt so palpable and real. 

more than anything I love the series because despite the chaotic, crazy and technologically connected but socially and emotionally disconnected world that we live  which greatly hampers our relationships, they made it through. It gives everyone faith and hope. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

To have this air before Valentines Day...good job PD! For PJW and LEO, the ending means their beginning. I am satisfied with their ending because PJW deserves it. Yes, PJW is the only character who's kept me through till the end. JCW's portrayal of PJW was so heartbreaking, lovable, sincere, career driven...the layers are countless. Kyung Joon and Rin Yi couldn't get past their differences, but their breakup was both their faults. I was expecting it. I am more sad Geon and Sun-young couldn't be together. Their love story was bittersweet. Overall a solid drama with a great OST and good portrayals. Makes you think, the personal struggle is worth it and you shouldn't stop working for a better version of yourself.

• Like 8

I'm satisfied with how LEO and PJW story. I'm glad it didn't take LEO long to figure out she wanted PJW too. PJW was clever giving him that necklace with out a note *squeeel*

I was also a bit disappointrd Geon and Sun Young didn't get back together. 

As for KJ and RI...I think that was expected. I have a feeling there's a season two and their story continues. If that happens hope PJW and LEO will make some appearances too. I guess we'll see what's in store for EP17.

Overall this drama was satisfying, non typical Korean drama. I love it! 

• Like 7

You can definitely tell that it was awkward for PJW and LEO working together but thrilling and exciting at the same time. They never leave their eyes off each other. They miss each other and are longing for each other. 

I’m happy of how things ended with PJW and LEO. Finally, LEO being honest to herself and admitting that she’s not perfect and she has flaws. That’s the first step... road to healing/self love. And then here’s PJW, whether it be the old LEO, the YSA that he loved, the new LEO.. they’re all the same person and it is enough. LEO didn’t need to be someone to prove her worth because she is already loved by her friends and PJW. He loves her all the same and he wants her to know that. No matter how tough the road may be for them, and even if things gets hard, he will go through everything with LEO doing things together and discovering things along the way. I loved that he called her Lee Eun Oh. I also loved that they are taking the first step in their relationship the proper way by starting off as dating and learning about each other. The ending was cute. 

I feel a bit sadden by RY and KJ’s relationship. They’re relationship was an opened one. The letter that KJ mentioned and the phone call when KJ called and a male’s voice picked up. I wonder if their story will continue in S2. I understand where both are coming from. In KJ’s shoes, he’s similar to PJW. He’s very career driven, he has goals for the future. He’s someone that wants to succeed and keep going forward. I believe he wants to move forward with his relationship with RY. Who knows maybe get married someday. But as for RY, she’s too comfortable where she’s at in her life. She’s not as driven as KJ. She doesn’t care about the luxury lifestyle. To her, it’s the little things that matters to her. She doesn’t need money to be happy. She’s happy where she’s at but at the same time she’s also struggling because she’s only working part time and her jobs are not really a real job. So when I think about KJ’s POV, he feels stuck with her. He can’t go forward until she steps out of her comfort zone. So their relationship isn’t really going anywhere. They’re together because they love each other but that’s it. No compromise. 

I hope KG and SY will also make up and start over as well. Their relationship was also opened. You can tell KG still loves her. His door is always open if she needs to talk.

• Like 10

Aaaand they're back!

(For the preview at least).

More BTS PPL, More Jaewon/Eunon, More Kang and who was his first love? Rinyi? Eunoh? Lol! 

Aaah I can't wait. And Minho the policeman, who apparently has NEVER dated. Now that is unreal :D

• Like 7