[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

I am dying here how can they make laught out without even talking 

Wow I said before but I have to say again the using of the comedie of the situation  is done in great way here  it really had been long that something  can make laught over and over  

Really 

bravo GIF

Okay let talk  about the romance  and the acting later 

This episode  has so much to talk about 

And whe  you fear what people  do when they found about your dark past and then you get a festival  to welcome  you home :joy: and they even trust you to tell you about the gold and ask you to join the search  

OMG vincenzo  mentally  cant even try to understand  those people  anymore 

They always  have reacting out of any logic  ( yeh they know about your gold too :joy:)

• LOL 4

6 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

@holyfeaI'm gonna diiiiiieeee... kyaaa...

I love that CY is trying to look for more comfortable positions in his arms, and VC could only stand still and bear the "assault".. lol

Aww..Our mafia-nim is in love! Whipped and smitten! He is finding it hard to contain his feelings each day! Ottoke...

So we were right, Wusang use VC identity as Mafia to distort law to get rid off him..

Even though I knew nothing is going to happen when that scene was first released before the actual episode, it felt underwhelming watching it :(  And those stone-cold uncomfortable looks and smiles from V were not helping much either.

It felt like he was more of "Ok what's going on..?" but half-enjoying it at the same time. As much as I appreciate the slow-burn romance which isn't the focus of the story, it's starting to get a little exasperating with CY always being the more initiative one and V is just "going with the flow" without any initiative or expressions. At this point of time I honestly do not even know if the romance is even going to be a thing. 

Could be an unpopular opinion but that's what I felt from this episode. Feel free to agree with or tell me otherwise haha. sigh! :/ 

P.S. i still enjoy the drama a lot but stop playing with the viewers' expectations and feelings! lol

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Team leader An is here for his idol :joy:

I was so rooting for him that when he did that walk I was afraid that he would trip over or something again lol. But then he shown his ID card backward lmao. Very satisfy to see Babo group realizing that they’re against an intelligence agency, it’s not in their playground anymore !! 
“Corn salad” :joy: 

And Vincenzo was kinda doubtful at the whole thing, like “I’m in the Mafia and you’re in an intelligence agency (are you going to arrest me or something after this)” :joy: 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

@chuu18 I beg to differ, I think what I saw from his expression is that he is trying his very best to hold back, he tried so hard to control his feelings and emotions, and in that very moment, it was extremely hard for him to not hold her back. Its almost painful for him to keep his crush in check.

There are a lot of reason, he still doesnt know if he deserve love nor do he want to put her in danger, and open target for his enemy, and perhaps he still thinks its not yet the best timing.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

What do ya know? We can always count on Hong Cha Young to stomp on our precious hearts! No feelings at all?! :tears: Please don’t tell me because the shift from first half to second half will turn dark that this is how the romance will fizzle out. Perhaps this was their way of summing up that there’s actually no love line and in fact they’re just partners in crime. :( I will riot because what were all those bread crumbs about?! And why would Vincenzo ignore his entire purpose in Korea just to help out Cha Young? I’ve read some comments by international viewers asking for the romance to be taken out and strictly focus on the suspense. Anybody know how knetz feel about the romance? I’m afraid because they’re filming in real time that they may be moved by the viewers’ response and change the storyline to better cater the audience. So in the case many people ask for romance to be taken out that they’d do it. Idk I’m just a bit disappointed after today’s hug test. Like @chuu18 mentioned, even Vincenzo didn’t seem fluttered. His feelings seemed mutual too. The love aside, it was a great episode. I’ll be back to talk about it once I get over the result of this hug test. :unsure:

@suzy0604 thank you for staying positive. I will too. Just need some time lol. Hopefully tomorrow they make it up for us. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, shinystar1985 said:

What do ya know? We can always count on Hong Cha Young to stomp on our precious hearts! No feelings at all?! :tears: Please don’t tell me because the shift from first half to second half will turn dark that this is how the romance will fizzle out. Perhaps this was their way of summing up that there’s actually no love line and in fact they’re just partners in crime. :( I will riot because what were all those bread crumbs about?! And why would Vincenzo ignore his entire purpose in Korea just to help out Cha Young? I’ve read some comments by international viewers asking for the romance to be taken out and strictly focus on the suspense. Anybody know how knetz feel about the romance? 

I think she lied about that.. she's afraid that her feelings are not resiprocated, and he will feel burden by her feelings, so she staged the whole testing things, to make it more comfortable like they used to "hey, look relaxs, I dont have feelings for you, that hug is just coz I'm worried.. thats all.. nothing else... really" 

Little that she knows, that his hand is itching to hold her back but, she told him to stay still.. lol

Think it this way, if he doesnt have any feelings for her, VC would not suggest to spend more time drinking with CY in the prentese of not wasting food..  *wink

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Thanks for everyone's inputs! JYB actually posted the hug scene on her insta story earlier today so I hope it's a hint of what's gonna happen in the future regarding CY and V instead of a marketing gimmick :Please:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

The only scene that makes me laugh was An Gi Seok jump hug VC... OMG!! VC was taken advantage again. Who doesnt? 

R they not going to show how VC fights with shower head again? Really wants to know if his problem has been resolved. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Amazed at how things turned out for episode 11! Allow my comparison to cooking - we got the right spices together to come up with an awesome episode. :)

DRAMA - The scene with Vincenzo and his mom was so heartfelt. Their eyes spoke what their hearts felt. Vincenzo was tired, and he ran to family for comfort - the comfort in knowing that he was not left out of rejection but in the hopes for him to have a better future.

ROMANCE - Despite the 'no-feelings-only-worry' conclusion from our Cha Young, the idea of both of them making excuses to talk until dawn was sweet. Rooting for a full blown kiss tomorrow! *here's to a hopeful giddy heart!

COMEDY - The hugging Mr. An? Daebak! :) Did I just hear Adrenaline play in the bg? Lol.

PARALLELISM - I love how writer-nim plays with objects to emphasize a point; the sweet potato for bad luck, and now the hugging for..say, family?

POLITICS - There goes Chairman Han with Chairman Jang. And man, he's a sharp shooter and way cunning than he appears to be. *danger ahead!

Excited for another blast of our mafia 'corn salad' tomorrow! :)

• Like 2

@suzy0604 Wow I didn’t even see it that way! But that makes total sense considering how Cha Young have suppressed her feelings thus far. I hope we get the two having flashbacks about the hug but it playing out differently with both hearts going dungundungundungun. I guess the editing with them right back to business and no further hints the rest of the episode let me down. Sorry I‘m so dramatic lol. I’m hopeful Vincenzo’s “I prefer a love without reason” will come full circle. There’s no way they’ll omit the romance they’ve built up until now. 

I loved Vincenzo’s conversation with his mother. It helped him gain clarity that in fact she did put him up for adoption because she thought she was dying. And it also helped her let go of her guilt towards him. Her emotional response to him seems like she knows he’s her son. She’s even putting in great effort to do the little things not to upset him. 

The most ironic thing was how the tenants reacted to knowing Vincenzo’s a mafia. :lol: They celebrated and embraced it more than I imagined. Though they are a bunch of odd balls so it’s not the most surprising thing. And as many of you have mentioned, they all probably have a dark past of their own that will come in great use later. Funny how the moment they discover his true ruthless identity that they let him in on the gold lol.

I was not expecting Cha Young going all murderous on us but I guess I’m a bit relieved since that means she’ll be able to accept Vincenzo’s past? (As twisted as that sounds haha) Also she didn’t have a conversation with him about the photos which maybe it’s saved for another makgeolli sleepover. 

I haven’t been impressed by Taecyoung’s acting but the last scene gave me the chills. He did a great job and I’m so excited to see how Vincenzo’s handles him and why he chose not to kill him like he intended to. Also it’s confirmed Cha Young really doesn’t seem to care about Jun Woo. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

@chuu18 I beg to differ, I think what I saw from his expression is that he is trying his very best to hold back, he try so hard to control his feelings and emotions, and in that very moment, it was extremely hard for him to not hold her back. Its almost painful for him to keep his crush in check.

There are a lot of reason, he still doesnt know if he deserve love nor do he want to put her in danger, and open target for his enemy, and perhaps he still thinks its not yet the best timing.

Yeah, I agree that is how I saw it as well.

• Love 2

Romance is not the main plot so we can't be greedy, whatever they are serving us is pure gold in this circumstances.

I think CY disappointedly said that she didn’t feel anything now. That's all in the situation and she didn’t has any feelings towards Vin.But, She really hugged him from multiple angles.Her faces shows the raw emotions like I know the truth but I will go with a lie,it’s the best choice(Yeo Bin,you Lady,that was extremely good emotions shifting!). When she faces him, he was avoiding her.But she keep looking and Vincenzo forces himself to look at her. Even CY can read that face but she knew what he said earlier people like him never deserves love, and she witnessed his work and collateral damages. She makes him comfortable by hiding her feelings and she helps him to hide himself, too. Like a real partner, they fill the gap and make themselves comfortable.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

@holyfeaI'm gonna diiiiiieeee... kyaaa...

I love that CY is trying to look for more comfortable positions in his arms, and VC could only stand still and bear the "assault".. lol

CY was totally caressing VC and rubbing her face all over him.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I loooooooove this show. I spent half of today's episode laughing out loud at Ahn Gi-seok - that man is hilarious and his fascination with Vincenzo is highly amusing. 

And LOLOL at "corn salad".  He has soooo been adopted by the residents and is a member of a new "family" now. Love it. And the fact they all want to be part of his "mafia" makes it even better. Not to mention them telling him about the gold and offering him a cut.

And the balloon trio slowly trying to push their way into the group. Heeeeee.

One of my favorite shows for sure.  The mix of dark and scary with light and funny is very enjoyable. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. 

Can't this just be a regular show that has multiple seasons?? I'd watch it. 

Edited to add: The drama over at Babel is equally fascinating to me. I foresee veeery dark things happening between the brothers. I think the younger brother will actually end up being worse. There is only so many times someone can be bullied and terrorized like he has before they finally snap. 

Edited by MegaMa
  • Like 9
  • Insightful 2

The ‘corn salad ’ really made me crack up too. Too funny. And the intelligence agency guy jumping him for a hug was lol too. Also the Park Sae Royi ( the hairstyle is spot on) and CLOY reference. 

I think the hug test was the reverse of what Cha Young said. She wanted to test his reaction rather than her own. That’s why she kept shifting to capture his facial expression but he managed to keep a straight face each time she looked at him. The difference in their expressions while under each other’s sharp gaze and while not, the switching of expressions, was like a little mafia game of their own,  just between the two of them ♥️

she’s still worried about him going back though as she said you can start your own mafia family here at the plaza. Lolzzz.

But seeing today’s episode I’m not sure what they have in store given there are 9 more episodes and not 5. I hope they have enough developments in the script and that the pace doesn’t slow down. And of course I hope that the main leads land up together and neither of them is killed. 

• Like 11

I got so many things i want to say but don't know where to start. Lets start from the hug. Am i the only one who feels giddy about the hug? The hug is an affirmation of VC's feeling. The twitching hand is so telling. His change of expression from smiling due to amusement of seeing CY's quirky yet adorable way in doing the test to tense expression realizing his blood rushing because of CY's touch on his body. The guy is holding himself from his will to reciprocate the hug and kiss her. I may be delusional. But that's how i see it.

CY on the other hand is a bit harder to read, because as many of you have stated, she could be testing the water. And since VC seems to show no sign, she made things less awkward by saying her remark after the hug. But raziela comment below about CY made me see her in a different light.

22 hours ago, raziela said:

Cha Young is very pitiful.  The running joke about Cha Young being friendless makes me so sad for her. She has lost both parents and has no other family or any friends:tears: We saw that after she lost Papa Hong the only person by her side when she was grieving was JJW. She overcompensates with her sometimes eccentric behaviour but I think deep down she is very lonely. I don't think she realises it but think that's part of the reason she latched on to Vincenzo who is also a lonely soul.  I know some people read romance into the scenes when CY asked Vincenzo if he, was was leaving in previous episodes but I didn't think her question was motivated by romance so much as loneliness.  She doesn't want to lose her new friend and partner like she has lost everyone else.

CY despite being quick witted, may have no experiences dealing with her own feelings. She tends to brush her feelings off instead of embracing them. She may confuse her affection to VC as partner, brother, or lover. I find her being honest when she said she's confused of her fluttering heart when she hugs him. And i also remember reading her character description that she keeps having strange feeling toward VC, which may mean, she hasn't figured out yet what's behind her affection/attachment towards VC.

Her saying that her heart's beating because VC was in danger not because she's flattered by him doesn't mean she doesn't like him. Because even when you're with your crush/bf/husband, the fluttering feeling doesn't happen everytime you touch. There are moments for that to be fluttering. From CY's point of view, she, in her drunk state, hugging him just feels ordinary just like when she hugs him in group hug with the babel victims, or when she hugs him to cutely threaten him when she's held hostage by the police.

Now our big baddie Jun Woo. I see him differently after this episode. I think he has no intention to live. If there's something that excites him, i bet it's CY. He has no will to live, hence he isn't affraid to die. He can not kill himself, because it means that he's weak. I bet he never cries either, thinking that it just validates his weakness. So he decides to just embrace his devil's spirit and be the evil that brings pain to others. I'm already doomed, might as well make this whole world doomed. His argument with HS and the way he behaves when VC confronts him make me think that deep inside he just wishes that someone will just take his life so he doesnt have to feel any pain, or in his words, things that make him feel bad. This makes me wonder where the writer will take his character go. Especially if what we see in the poster holds a meaning that there is bigger figure controlling the strings attached to our 4 villains. I just wish that the writer will stay true to the premise that this drama is like cider that will make you feel refreshed and relieved from the anger you have in witnessing the corrupt society. And by that i mean no redemption to any of the villains. There are limits to what kind of bad, people can do. There's no one in this world without pain, what differ them from being evil is the choices they made and the responsibility they take in taking those choices.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2