[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

On 8/13/2020 at 7:39 PM, Azaria Ko said:

finally.....miss you much!

Everyone in IG was so happy to see her updated her account..
And I am not an exception!~ kkkkk ^^

17 hours ago, Socheata Min said:

I just saw the new updated from Im Sora (actor Oh Hye Won) in her IG. She was with Byungjin and No Eul yesterday and they even had friendship bracelet together which means their friendship are so good and they keep on good contact after DM finished. It truly means that their bts shows no lie regarding their closeness and interaction. I think it is the same with our couple, they might have been in secretly contact and their bts are real not just for acting. Btw, last time Kim Seokyung (Byungjin), Lee Hyunjin (Kang Geunu) and Tae WonSeok (from the player) were gathering together, but we don't see Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye joining the squad. Hehehe.  

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ozahir_/2375350102045632127/?hl=en

[Maybe off-topic] In DM forum there was a post about another couple in the characters, that BJ and Sora look good as another couple.. And they are, feeding us while NE is third wheeling..

SJH updated her account yesterday with her bare face.. And today, (maybe for the promotion of SSH's M&M) he updated on his Tiktok with the animated face swap thing.. That might be a response to SJH post?..:wub:  kkkk ^^
(delulu mind activated)

And another thing, it's not only the shippers who continue to feed us with the pictures of our OTP, victory contents continues to feed the shippers as well, DM might have a big impact on them..

Have a great day everyone!~ 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, nyzah13 said:

SJH updated her account yesterday with her bare face.. And today, (maybe for the promotion of SSH's M&M) he updated on his Tiktok with the animated face saw thing.. That might be a in response to SJH post?..:wub:  kkkk ^^
(delulu mind activated)

That's exactly what is in my mind, right now! 

Also, attaching here the actual TikTok clip along with my additional thoughts on it. :D

13 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Weird sometimes I see 892k sometimes 893k. 

Anyone knows the name of her cat?

Might be her dog. Name is Ari. :) I think this is the same pet from an old IG post of hers:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3JQKNpgJfM/?igshid=1aibo9hmh74ea

• Like 3

Love to see this video. SSH looks so happy. Salute to the creator of this video, she/he created it with a little slow motion so we can clearly see their movements. SSH in particular, he shows signs as written in the article "Visible signs a man has a crush on a woman". hahaha .... 

They are like a teenage couple bickering but are actually attracted to each other. When they bicker while staring each other in the eyes, they don't care about the people around them.
Wise people say that "A couple who frequently argues over small thing and trivial matters tends to last a long time".....

Regardless of whether there is something in the air between them, I'am glad that SSH has really moved on. 

I think his decision taking the role of KHK in the drama "Dinner Mate" is one of his wishes to be happy.
As he said at the press conference that his decision to star in "Dinner Mate" was because he had not shot a romantic drama in a long time. His last romantic drama was "My Princess" about eight years ago.
When he read the script for "Dinner Mate, he felt the heart-fluttering excitement of people in love, and thoughts of people who were heartbroken when they met new people.

Given that PDNim Go Jae Hyun had worked with him in "The Player" in 2018, PDNim certainly knows him well, including his broken relationship with his ex.

So when in 2020 Go Jae Hyun-ssi became the PD of the romantic drama "Dinner Mate", he offered the role of KHK to SSH considering that at that time SSH craved to play a romance drama. 
As a female lead, PDNim chose SJH as the first candidate after seeing her profile in several video projects she had worked. (Thanks to PDNim).

The core of "Dinner Mate"'s story as told by PDNim at the press conference is the return of first love and the arrival of new love, as well as the inner conflicts that arise from there.  The characters have a conflict between going back to their first love and moving on.

If the core story of DM is "conflict between returning to first love and moving on", it seems that PDNim gave the role of the male lead solely for SSH. 
It was like PDNim said at the press conference that KHK's character was 80% similar to SSH. And SSH himself added that 90% resembled him. 

So through "DM" (as SSH confessed at the press conference, he wanted to feel healing while acting), it was like SSH wanted to experience healing from previous love and he was ready to receive new love, of course also because of PDNim's support.

If we look back to the drama DM, there are several scenes in DM where the situation and the lines spoken are related to SSH.

The first episode of KHK riding a motorcycle chasing an escaped patient. The patient took out a knife and spoke Mandarin to KHK. KHK tried to calm down and said to himself "Why is he not taking the Mandarin class?", as a result he could not communicate with the patient.
(rumors on the news that he broke up with her ex because of language barrier and long distance relationship).

The camping scene when KHK tryed to encourage WDH.
WDH felt that what KHK said to her was true. KHK said that he could say that based on his experience. Then WDH asked him if he had experience dating several women? KHK replied "No comment"!
(As a well-known handsome actor in the industry, SSH has definitely dated several women)

The scene where KHK invited a patient to undergo therapy as well as dinner at his clinic (this patient previously wanted to kill himself because he lost his wife). As a waiter, Byeong-jin (KHK assistant) spoke Italian. KHK asked Byeong-Jin "What does "Buon Appetitto" mean?
(SSH owns an Italian restaurant called "Blacksmith")

The scene of a stressed patient wanted to marry a girl from another country (International marriage). When the patient begged KHK, saying that he wanted to get married. KHK also replied that he also wanted to get married ... (Aww ... with who? with our girl? Hehe)
(In many interviews he has often said that he wants to get married. Hoping that this time he finds his destiny via "DM")

The scene at the clinic, the conversation between KHK and his assistant (BJ). KHK asked BJ to contact an international marriage agency to clear up the stressed patient's problem. There was a satirical question from BJ, "Are you interested in international marriage, doctor Kim?" KHK didn't answer but looked at BJ sharply.
(He had a long-distance relationship with his ex for three years. It was said that during that time he had given his heart and soul. When there was free time he always visited his ex. When he heard that his ex to have a small accident on set, he flyed from Korea to accompany his ex. He had sacrificed so much. Naturally, when he got the project "The Player" (2018) he still had a wound in his heart. It was seen in the press conference of "The Player"). 

Above are some of the scenes and lines from the drama "DM" which seemed like it was made for SSH. I don't see if it's still in the other scenes.

If SSH said that he wanted to heal while acting, it is true because there are many lines in the drama that can strengthen people who are heartbroken and want to move on like characters in dramas.

Am I the only one who sees that "Dinner Mate" has brought change to SSH? (Like the line stated by Jin Noel that KHK has changed)

After starring in DM, he looks more cheerful. We can see that when he had interviews on radio, on Iqiyi TV and in BTS videos after the drama ends. Likewise when he advertised his Tik Tok app.
He said that he didn't want to date in public. So if they're dating, we won't know until Dispatch reveals it. Our closest hope is that they will be able to perform together at the awards ceremony for actresses, actors and dramas at the annual MBC Awards. Detective Mode will start analyzing again ..... hahaha...

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

SSH dancing was adorable. He looks beaming with happiness. The look of a guy in love.

@Call Me By My Real Name, thanks for the info. I thought she has a cat. 

Glad to see the other cast mates of DM’s are very close. I would like to think DM cast and crew has a Kakao Group chat and keep in touch from there. I hope they will have a Get Together of sorts for SJH’s birthday. :) 

BTW guys, don’t embed IG on your posts. Mods let me know they don’t allow that anymore. Please edit your post with embedded IG and just display the IG link. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

SSH dancing was adorable. He looks beaming with happiness. The look of a guy in love.

@Call Me By My Real Name, thanks for the info. I thought she has a cat. 

Glad to see the other cast mates of DM’s are very close. I would like to think DM cast and crew has a Kakao Group chat and keep in touch from there. I hope they will have a Get Together of sorts for SJH’s birthday. :) 

BTW guys, don’t embed IG on your posts. Mods let me know they don’t allow that anymore. Please edit your post with embedded IG and just display the IG link. 

I have tried to edit but don't know how to change to display IG link?  But going fwd, I will try post with IG link instead.  Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Did ssh answer any questions related to dinner mate or sjh?

There was no specific question asked that is related to Dinner Mate or SJH. All the actors were asked general questions.

But he was asked, not verbatim, about the nicest compliment he remembered receiving. He said, a fan thanked him for his work on DM; that because of it, the fan believed in love, again.

@fiona628 I thought it was a cat, too, at first.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Call Me By My Real Name said:

There was no specific question asked that is related to Dinner Mate or SJH. All the actors were asked general questions.

But he was asked, not verbatim, about the nicest compliment he remembered receiving. He said, a fan thanked him for his work on DM; that because of it, the fan believed in love, again.

oooh, guess aside from it being recent, that stuck out to him because he relates to it..

as he said it was healing for him.. and hopefully he believes in love again bc of a certain someone :ph34r:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HungryDM said:

oooh, guess aside from it being recent, that stuck out to him because he relates to it..

as he said it was healing for him.. and hopefully he believes in love again bc of a certain someone :ph34r:

Yes! I, for one, love how he said "belief in love", even if it's from a fan perspective that he was narrating. For all we know, he may also be talking from his own perspective :D

• Like 3

The question SSH was given at the Tik Tok M&M's event, asked (not exact words) give a recent compliment that he received that struck him. He answered  that he recently did a rom com drama about falling in love and he felt touched that fans told him that it ignited that  feeling of love again--- or something along those lines. It was noticeable that SSH was smiling from ear to ear and giddy talking about it. He could have chosen to answer without mentioning DM or love, but he chose to answer this way. I believe he just gave us a HINT / CANDY/ CRUMB / whatever....:heart:

There are a several video clips of the M&M event, (I'm sure someone will post a link on this forum), and it was SO OBVIOUS how happy, chatty, and giddy SSH. Looks like our man has LOVE in his heart. :heart::blush::heart:

I'm glad that he didn't chose to answer any super personal questions. No news is good news.....keep on sailing, folks!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mtdgmend said:

The question SSH was given at the Tik Tok M&M's event, asked (not exact words) give a recent compliment that he received that struck him. He answered  that he recently did a rom com drama about falling in love and he felt touched that fans told him that it ignited that  feeling of love again--- or something along those lines. It was noticeable that SSH was smiling from ear to ear and giddy talking about it. He could have chosen to answer without mentioning DM or love, but he chose to answer this way.
There are a several video clips of the M&M event, (I'm sure someone will post a link on this forum), and it was SO OBVIOUS how happy, chatty, and giddy SSH. Looks like our man has LOVE in his heart. 

I went over to IG and I did not see that IG post yet. Can someone care to share the link? But Wow, he really had to mention DM indirectly. DM really leave the fondest memory to SSH. 

One thing I can say is SSH’s aura is just beaming with happiness. I mean he was standing next to LDW, KB and YYS who were equally handsome but SSH’s handsomeness just stand out compared to the other guys. He can get away with being silly too when he did that dance. Ah this is what love DM and SJH did to him.

I guess our only hope to see them together is thru the MBC Awards. Unless DM Team get together for SJH or SSH’s birthday or unless he will announce they secretly got married :) 
Until then, like what you guys mentioned “No news is good news”.

Happy to see our Shipper Thread is growing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fiona628 said:

I went over to IG and I did not see that IG post yet. Can someone care to share the link? But Wow, he really had to mention DM indirectly. DM really leave the fondest memory to SSH. 

One thing I can say is SSH’s aura is just beaming with happiness. I mean he was standing next to LDW, KB and YYS who were equally handsome but SSH’s handsomeness just stand out compared to the other guys. He can get away with being silly too when he did that dance. Ah this is what love DM and SJH did to him.

I guess our only hope to see them together is thru the MBC Awards. Unless DM Team get together for SJH or SSH’s birthday or unless he will announce they secretly got married :) 
Until then, like what you guys mentioned “No news is good news”.

Happy to see our Shipper Thread is growing.

Here it is: https://www.instagram.com/p/CD4QByQpwcy/

It starts at 4:06 with the question, then he answers it. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fiona628 said:

@fiona628 He really is beaming and blooming as have @Call Me By My Real Name mentioned and I totally agree about that thing when someone falls in love or inspired.. YYS is also handsome, idk if that's a compliment but really YYS chose SSH and pointed him as who he think is handsome among them and his reason was he's a verteran but he still has that thing that makes him handsome (maybe he was referring to how SSH has been beaming and blooming nowadays) I mean maybe YYS was pointing out how can you still be so good looking with your age? and he is the oldest among the actors present. If I'm not mistaken SSH commented how can YYS say that like he was living from an old era of history..
[Maybe of topic] But honestly, if we'll talk about old era there's this dynasty of Korean people who really had the best facial features and maybe SSH and SJH belonged to that era.. HAHAHA XD I just forgot from what article was that maybe from allkpop, koreaboo or just here in soompi.. Hehehe

• Like 3

Singing this song with these lyrics really conveys what Song Seung Heon must be feeling right now. He could have chosen another song for the fan meeting but he chose this song. The other guys who was with him in men and mission also sang and they explained why they sang those songs and it was all related to the work they did. But SSH sang this song. The lyrics is so touching. 

Shin Hae Chul – Don’t Be Sad (슬픈 표정 하지 말아요)

In the short moments that we live in this world
How sad do we get for each other?
If I look back, we came a long way

You look a bit thin
My heart was aching as I walked through the rain
How much more do we have to hurt for our wish to come true?
Don’t make that kind of sad face
I won’t give up
You don’t have any regrets about us either
Even if we walk a hard and dangerous road
I love you

You look a bit thin
I won’t give up
I love you

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Singing this song with these lyrics really conveys what Song Seung Heon must be feeling right now. He could have chosen another song for the fan meeting but he chose this song. The other guys who was with him in men and mission also sang and they explained why they sang those songs and it was all related to the work they did. But SSH sang this song. The lyrics is so touching. 

Shin Hae Chul – Don’t Be Sad (슬픈 표정 하지 말아요)

In the short moments that we live in this world
How sad do we get for each other?
If I look back, we came a long way

You look a bit thin
I won’t give up
I love you

You look a bit thin
I won’t give up
I love you

OMG!  What was he implying? My delulu mind can't stop now...

• Like 1