[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

1 hour ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Was this an excerpt from the video of black knight interview?

Yes

SJH with her stylists/cordi at the warp up party

551-F7332-DB4-F-47-F4-AD2-A-5-AB54-AB367

Saw this on YT

Hey Guys! I am trying to keep SJH’s thread active. Please free to post there as well

• Like 2

SJH has nice legs. Not too thin but long and shapely, the kind that looks nice with skirts. Too bad she never really wore stylish clothes as WDH. I would have wanted to see her all dressed up and see KHK’s shock. Hahaha.

Almost 4 weeks since the drama ended and I still miss them. I decided to check out the MV of “Midnight Cinderella” again and I still got the same flutter when I saw the scenes of KHK arriving at the camping site, and when he looked at WDH from across the street before he formally introduced himself to her. :fullofhearts:

By the way, did you guys see their coordinated polkadot shirts over at heonhye_couple IG? Their clothes and their pose looked so much alike it was uncanny. Are their stylists playing with us? :huh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akhenaten said:

By the way, did you guys see their coordinated polkadot shirts over at heonhye_couple IG? Their clothes and their pose looked so much alike it was uncanny. Are their stylists playing with us? :huh:

I didn't like those dotes on SSH. But when I saw them on SJH, I realized, that SSH dotes are not that bad.

Couple outfits made wonders  :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

I didn't like those dotes on SSH. But when I saw them on SJH, I realized, that SSH dotes are not that bad.

Couple outfits made wonders  :wub:

Hahaha. I didn't like the polkadots on him either.  But then I realized that maybe it was a code between them. :D

Dinner_couple IG has a new post on the latest and last installment of the translation of SJH's interview. Go have a look, guys. It's very interesting. To me, it explained a lot about why they had that chemistry. :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, akhenaten said:

SJH has nice legs. Not too thin but long and shapely, the kind that looks nice with skirts. Too bad she never really wore stylish clothes as WDH. I would have wanted to see her all dressed up and see KHK’s shock. Hahaha.

She does have nice legs and thighs. Long yet not too skinny. It was such a bummer that she did not get to wear short skirts like Sora did. But SHJ purposely changed her clothing and hair style for WDH. Tomboyish yet still feminine and stylish.

On Dinner Couple’s IG article, we can really tell that SJH has been a long time fangirl of SSH. And her repeatedly saying that he is handsome proves her admiration for him started from the get go. I just really hope that SSH did not feel obligated with the need to return the admiration back with his “I really like You” and “She is very Pretty” statements. But then again he did said “He meant it”. And his eyes/reactions pretty much spoke volumes and conveyed his sincerity. 

I found the full Dinner Mate presscon in YT. Just turn on the English captions. 

On the subject of doing adlib, SJH acknowledged she had to improvised a lot.

2502-E511-A3-CD-473-C-AAB2-517-A6444-B8-

BC064-D71-D5-CC-48-CA-86-DD-433153-A83-A

And DirectorNim concurred SJH is lovely and cute. He really speaks highly of her. No wonder he was bent on her to play Wo Do Hee.

776-F0-E04-6412-417-C-BC15-C15-DCFB909-D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Dinner_couple IG has a new post on the latest and last installment of the translation of SJH's interview. Go have a look, guys. It's very interesting. To me, it explained a lot about why they had that chemistry. :)

Wow, so many adlibs. Yes, this really explained a lot. 

And I want to thank director, because he had so much faith in SJH.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akhenaten said:

I love that she says that she likes a man who can make a woman feel comfortable and take good care of her. And then also states that SSH treated her comfortably and joked around a lot and was able to get close to her quickly. Not sure why she finds it hard to meet a good person; girl, you already did! SSH oppa is right in front of you! You just need to be open to receiving his love:heart2: 

it's nice to see that even they both had a preconception of each other as being quiet or reserved (& even cold image) to actually seeing each other as the bright, fun individuals they truly are.     

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, HungryDM said:

I love that she says that she likes a man who can make a woman feel comfortable and take good care of her. And then also states that SSH treated her comfortably and joked around a lot and was able to get close to her quickly. Not sure why she finds it hard to meet a good person; girl, you already did! SSH oppa is right in front of you! You just need to be open to receiving his love:heart2: 

it's nice to see that even they both had a preconception of each other as being quiet or reserved (& even cold image) to actually seeing each other as the bright, fun individuals they truly are.     

I think his status as a hallyu star is probably too burdensome for her. She also has a crush on ssh's Gd friend so ji sub.

So ji sub is taken, so she can forget abt him.

She has to be brave and confident to date ssh.

She has a thing for single eyelid men.

Haha not sure if it stays the same now.

Ssh has single eyelid or double?

She did mention recently being comfortable with the man is more important.

However, i do feel ssh and sjh lack a little something.

What do you call it...you know that kind of instant electrifying charge.

Ssh has acted with many women so do you all think he has a little smth for sjh?

I do think they were friendly, but whether they have outside of drama feelings for each other, it is so hard to tell!

Kinda frustrating.

In terms of body language, okay when a female keeps hitting a Male on the arm, it can mean two things. Either she is fond of him or she treats him like a brotherly friend.

I do hope to see headlines of them dating each other this year.

But it is a dilemma, because I want them to date in peace and low profile.

If the world knows then they would be scrutinised.

Argh...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SexyDolceVita said:

She did mention recently being comfortable with the man is more important.

However, i do feel ssh and sjh lack a little something.

What do you call it...you know that kind of instant electrifying charge.

Ssh has acted with many women so do you all think he has a little smth for sjh?

I do think they were friendly, but whether they have outside of drama feelings for each other, it is so hard to tell!

Kinda frustrating.

In terms of body language, okay when a female keeps hitting a Male on the arm, it can mean two things. Either she is fond of him or she treats him like a brotherly friend.

I do hope to see headlines of them dating each other this year.

But it is a dilemma, because I want them to date in peace and low profile.

If the world knows then they would be scrutinised.

Argh...

i def feel the spark between them on screen as their characters.

i think that type of thing is harder to discern off-screen for us as outsiders looking in on just bts and interviews.. so yea it is kinda hard to tell; watching them, sometimes i have gut feelings that there is something real between them but then i also think is it just my wishful thinking as a shipper? 

i don't know either of them well enough (SSH is big enough of a star that i was aware of him before this but this is still the first time i have actually watched him in a drama and i only know of SJH through this drama) so i don't have much context for their behavior with each other compared to them with anyone else or just in general. He seems to be friendly and nice with most of the cast and crew. He even has some nice moments with Naeun in the bts too.

But I still feel like there is something extra in the way he is with SJH at times. And as she says, she is more shy and takes more time to get close with people but seems like she was able to do so more quickly with him because of his personality. I think she definitely open up more and more as filming went on to the point where i can see there was some sort of shift for her in the last ep or two.

I think it's just a matter of time; of getting to know each other even more. Hopefully they get to work together in some capacity again or get to hang out somehow. I feel like they just need an extra nudge before they go over the edge together. 

But yea i feel the same catch 22; i want to know of their good news if they do get together but i also do want them to be able to develop their relationship in peace. having a relationship in the limelight is a lot of pressures and for celebrities, it's usually one of the factors that breaks them apart.     

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HungryDM said:

i def feel the spark between them on screen as their characters.

i think that type of thing is harder to discern off-screen for us as outsiders looking in on just bts and interviews.. so yea it is kinda hard to tell; watching them, sometimes i have gut feelings that there is something real between them but then i also think is it just my wishful thinking as a shipper? 

I think it's just a matter of time; of getting to know each other even more. Hopefully they get to work together in some capacity again or get to hang out somehow. I feel like they just need an extra nudge before they go over the edge together. 

Part of being a shipper is to hope and to be delusional. That is why as much as possible I don’t want to ship couples anymore. The last K Drama couple I shipped last 2012 went down the drain.

With SSH and SJH, we were given multiple reasons that would lead us to believe they they might be taking their relationship to the next level (BTS, counter compliment interviews, similarities). It’s just sometimes it’s hard to gauge what is reel from real. SJH is a very guarded person so brushing off SSH’s “I like you” as a lie is her way of telling herself she needs to be careful with whatever feelings she might already have. With SSH, like many said he is straightforward like KHK. For a Hallyu star like him to tell the fans “He likes being with SJH and means it” is a brave move on his part. It’s as good as it can get. I can feel his sincerity. 
For now, we can only hope.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, fiona628 said:

With SSH and SJH, we were given multiple reasons that would lead us to believe they they might be taking their relationship to the next level (BTS, counter compliment interviews, similarities). It’s just sometimes it’s hard to gauge what is reel from real. SJH is a very guarded person so brushing off SSH’s “I like you” as a lie is her way of telling herself she needs to be careful with whatever feelings she might already have. With SSH, like many said he is straightforward like KHK. For a Hallyu star like him to tell the fans “He likes being with SJH and means it” is a brave move on his part. It’s as good as it can get. I can feel his sincerity. 

SSH really did a brave move on that comment "I like you. I like to be with SJH. I mean it", during SJH self-cam, KSK also had similar comments but it was directly pointed out by saying he wants to  be in another project with SJH.. And for her, brushing-off that line is much safer, not just for herself but also for SSH..

Also I made some skinship progression for this couple..

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Part of being a shipper is to hope and to be delusional. That is why as much as possible I don’t want to ship couples anymore. The last K Drama couple I shipped last 2012 went down the drain.

I rarely ship people in rl so it speaks to their chemistry (reel and real) that i'm even looking at them in that way. I do have good instinct/luck though; the last couple that I ship got married in real life and currently have a kid on the way! I do hope that's the way it goes for these two eventually. 

I hope he is sincere in his words and will put in the effort to make her see his feelings are real & true bc she does seem quite guarded with hers so he will def need to try hard to get her walls to come down and allow him in with an open heart 

• Like 3

search-icon.pnghttps://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-dinner-mate-seo-ji-hye-song-seung-heon/

99136404_2693563467532918_963999005790961664_o-660x400.jpgMBC

K-DRAMA

K-Drama Review: “Dinner Mate” Delights Viewers With Bundles of Light Humor and Heart-Fluttering Moments

By Ly | August 10, 2020

DINNER MATE DOTES ON THE IDEA OF HOW TWO STRANGERS TURNED INTO DINNER MATES. HAVING A HEARTY MEAL WHILE SHARING PERSONAL HEARTBREAKS, THEY HEAL EACH OTHER THROUGH LOVE.

Based from the webtoon titled Shall We Have Dinner Tonight?, MBC’s latest offering Dinner Mate dished out “romantic relationships” as its main course. The perfectly balanced humor, lovely scenes, and intense chemistry between the leads will surely appease the hearts of those people longing for Seo Ji Hye’s happy ending since Crash Landing On You.

Dinner Mate

TITLE: DINNER MATE | 저녁 같이 드실래요
NETWORK: MBC
THEME: ROMANCE, COMEDY, DRAMA
LENGTH: 32 EPISODES
BROADCAST DATE: 25 MAY 2020 – 14 JULY 2020
MAIN LEADS:  SONG SEUNG HEON, SEO JI HYE, LEE JI HOON, SON NA EUN
HIGHLIGHTS: ICONIC SCENES | STRIKING CAMEOS | VIBRANT OSTS |
OVERALL RATING:4.5.gif
RE-WATCH VALUE:4.5.gif
RELATED DRAMAS: DAE JANG GEUM IS WATCHING, SWEET MUNCHIES, DRINKING SOLO, LET’S EAT 3, LOVE WITH FLAWS

Dinner Mate

QUICK PLOT ROUND-UP 

Woo Do Hee (Seo Ji Hye), a producer from a media company, believes that her boyfriend Lee Young Dong (Lee Jung Hyun) is going to propose to her. She then flies all the way to Jeju Island to meet her boyfriend. However, to her surprise, her boyfriend is proposing to someone else.

Devastated and heartbroken, she comes across Kim Hae Kyung (Song Seung Heon) a psychiatrist and food therapist. The two decide to have dinner together and later on, they became “dinner mate”. But there are rules – they cannot share personal information such as names, profession and family backgrounds. And, falling in love is strictly prohibited as their relationship is being dinner mates only.

Throughout the process, Hae Kyung and Do Hee start feeling attracted to each other. Things get complicated when each of their exes show up, and their weaknesses get revealed by their former partners.

dinner-mate-stills.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS

ICONIC SCENES

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S

The drama opens re-creating the iconic scene from the 1960’s film, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Like the movie’s heroine, Do Hee completes Audrey Hepburn’s look by wearing a classic black dress. She even mimicked the scene of having a light breakfast with coffee and pastry, while standing in front of a jewelry shop. There is also one scene from the drama where she watched the movie and admitted that she really love the film.

CRASH LANDING ON YOU

Crash Landing On You fans, where you at? When we thought our hearts get finally fulfilled with the void the drama has left us, say no more, because we got more!

2N Box’s PD Woo Do Hee is planning for a new content. While brainstorming for ideas, she opt using “past life regression method” wherein a psychiatrist from the computer screen hypnotizes her to regain her past life memories. The psychiatrist from the screen states, “You are walking on a field with soft grass. Does anything come into sight?”

Woo Do Hee gets immersed, giving a glimpse of the man in a military uniform. Music cue! Crash Landing on You OST starts playing. She starts speaking in North Korean accent, “I see a comrade in a military uniform.” The man in the uniform appears to be Kim Hae Kyung and calls her Dan. She utters, “Dan! That’s my name.”

STRIKING CAMEOS

PLAYER ACTORS

Remarkably, the drama stars the actors from Song Seung Heon’s previous drama project Player.

In the first episode, Lee Si Eon and Tae Won Seok appeared as food truck owners, whereas, in the drama Player, Lee Si Eon played the role of Im Byung Min the professional hacker while Tae Won Seok is the softie fighter named Do Jin Woong.

Taking the role of the nosy yet extremely caring nurse named Lee Byeong Jin is Kim Seo Kyung who appeared in Player as Mike. Woo Do Hee’s father (Jung Eun Pyo) also starred in Player as Jin Yong Joon.

One of our favorite seasoned actors Kim Won Hae who often takes on versatile roles, appeared in the drama as a depressed widower. He played the role of Jang In Kyu in the drama Player.

SANDARA PARK

Sandara Park, the member of the phenomenal K-Pop group 2NE1 appeared in the drama as a former idol and actress. She was diagnosed with anorexia and suffers with stress due to hateful online comments about her.

VIBRANT OSTS

Dinner Mate by OVAN

“Yummy Yummy” by MC Mong (feat. Chancellor)

“Dear My Star” by Sondia

“More Than Words” by SHAUN

“Midnight Cinderella” by Eun

SERIES AFTERTHOUGHTS & RECOMMENDATIONS

Delivering a clear and delicate story about relationships, Dinner Mate hits the right notes in balancing humor and romance. The unique and eventful first encounter of the main leads provide big laughs and got me hooked in its pilot week. On a serious tone, the drama sheds light on mental health issues – with the heroine’s obsessive ex-boyfriend/first love.

Woo Do Hee and Kim Hae Kyung are reminders that “true love” does not come to those reluctant. It comes to people who has the courage to wholeheartedly accept someone’s dark past and flaws.

The creative presentation of every segments make its 32 episodes an entertaining and satisfying watch. Plus, the chemistry of Seo Ji Hye and Song Seung Heon is what I’ve signed up for, which I do not regret. The equally spontaneous peppy main leads and cheerful supporting characters make it worth recommending.

Overall, Dinner Mate is a lighthearted and enjoyable drama that will definitely charm in your way, putting a sweet smile on your face. For anyone looking for a cozy and filling new drama, I would highly recommend watching Dinner Mate while having a hearty and extra special dinner night.

dinner-mate.jpg

Photos and videos from MBC

Hellokpop, as an independent Korean entertainment news website (without influence from any agency or corporation), we need your support! If you have enjoyed our work, consider to support us with a one-time or recurring donation from as low as US$5 to keep our site going! Donate securely below via Stripe, Paypal, Apple Pay or Google Wallet.

­

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

58 minutes ago, SexyDolceVita said:

I realise smth...

These two do not follow each other on IG!??

Kinda weird right?

Well he doesn't follow anyone so it would be more weird if he did follow her lol

As for her, it doesn't seem like she's following any of the dinner mate cast so idk 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HungryDM said:

I hope he is sincere in his words and will put in the effort to make her see his feelings are real & true bc she does seem quite guarded with hers so he will def need to try hard to get her walls to come down and allow him in with an open heart 

With SJH, I feel like she is slowly opening up as evidenced by her interviews when she repeatedly said “He is handsome”, “She was comfortable working with him” and calling him Oppa even after the drama ended. But I think this is as far as she can get. On Dinner Mate’s latest IG article, she mentioned that she will no longer be passive on her next relationship but also said considering about love is hard. My feeling is she wants to feel out SSH first. Like how serious he is with her. While I never doubted his sincerity, maybe she wants time to sort out whether that feelings he has for her is as KHK to WDH or as SSH to SHJ. Sometimes actors need time to break away from their characters then figure out reel from real.

Good thing both are taking time off. Maybe they will figure their feelings out. 

3 hours ago, HungryDM said:

Well he doesn't follow anyone so it would be more weird if he did follow her lol

As for her, it doesn't seem like she's following any of the dinner mate cast so idk 

Yeah SSH does not follow anyone in IG. But his BFF, Kim Seo Kyung the one who played Byeong Jin(nurse) is following SJH. He is SSH’s spy. Hehehe. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Yeah SSH does not follow anyone in IG. But his BFF, Kim Seo Kyung the one who played Byeong Jin(nurse) is following SJH. He is SSH’s spy. Hehehe. 

oooh smooth lol

does anyone have any of these pics? Not the upper right one, seen that as a poster but the other 3?

Screenshot-2020-08-10-at-12-47-22-PM.png