[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

With SJH, I feel like she is slowly opening up as evidenced by her interviews when she repeatedly said “He is handsome”, “She was comfortable working with him” and calling him Oppa even after the drama ended. But I think this is as far as she can get. On Dinner Mate’s latest IG article, she mentioned that she will no longer be passive on her next relationship but also said considering about love is hard. My feeling is she wants to feel out SSH first. Like how serious he is with her. While I never doubted his sincerity, maybe she wants time to sort out whether that feelings he has for her is as KHK to WDH or as SSH to SHJ. Sometimes actors need time to break away from their characters then figure out reel from real.

Good thing both are taking time off. Maybe they will figure their feelings out. 

@fiona628 exactly the same thoughts, during her interview, she even mentioned having difficulty transitioning initially from Seo Dan to DH because she definitely knew she carries SD tension especially the accent. In my opinion, her making a lot of improvised adlibs made her successful in becoming WDH not to mention SSH presence as well because he did a lot of adlibs too and as characters they have immersed themselves to the point having almost the same percent as the characters. Knowing SSH not as KHK is for sure another step for her. To add, she may have been going with the flow 100% in the last episode or two as we shippers can see SJH's natural acting (to count SSH as well and to think those are mostly their adlibs) especially that food truck proposal at the seaside, that teary-eyed DH seems like "unexplainable- mixed emotions" SJH letting go of DH, she might have thought DH did a great job and found her forever in HK..

OHHHMYGOODD!! I just can't get over these two, and it's already been the 5th week without them!! ^_^

On 8/9/2020 at 6:14 PM, akhenaten said:

SJH has nice legs. Not too thin but long and shapely, the kind that looks nice with skirts. Too bad she never really wore stylish clothes as WDH. I would have wanted to see her all dressed up and see KHK’s shock. Hahaha.

During her Arirang interview in 2016 she said she likes comfortable styles and even her mom nags her about it because it all just looks the same.. Here is the video starting from 0:43 of the Arirang interview

Actually I'm thankful of her stylist/s, even during the recent Baeksang awards she never knew she'd win the Bazaar Icon Award and isn't prepared to receive it and she just laughed about it. But she's thankful of her stylist, and so do I. Maybe SJH's stylist see so much in her like she's her stylist human barbie doll and maybe her stylist is imagining wide fashion outfits that suits her very well.. kkkkk ^_^

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SexyDolceVita said:

They are doing auditions I think.... not necessarily means it is related to dinner mate.

Awww! I think so too. From the comments, people are hoping it would be DM Season 2. Better not get my hopes up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nyzah13 said:

@fiona628 exactly the same thoughts, during her interview, she even mentioned having difficulty transitioning initially from Seo Dan to DH because she definitely knew she carries SD tension especially the accent. In my opinion, her making a lot of improvised adlibs made her successful in becoming WDH not to mention SSH presence as well because he did a lot of adlibs too and as characters they have immersed themselves to the point having almost the same percent as the characters. Knowing SSH not as KHK is for sure another step for her. To add, she may have been going with the flow 100% in the last episode or two as we shippers can see SJH's natural acting (to count SSH as well and to think those are mostly their adlibs) especially that food truck proposal at the seaside, that teary-eyed DH seems like "unexplainable- mixed emotions" SJH letting go of DH, she might have thought DH did a great job and found her forever in HK.

I rewatched the last episode many times and I still cannot tell the difference  whether it’s SSH or KHK I am watching on screen as I read comments that it is SSH and SJH playing their real selves. With SJH though, like you mentioned, the teary eyed scene at the food truck proposal is the real SJH. She teared up not only because she was moved with the proposal but also because DM by leaps and bound turned her life around professionally and personally. She was finally able a play a quirky, lovable character that was well received by the viewers. Her fanbase even surged. She must have been overwhelmed with all the love she was receiving much so acknowledging SSH’s “I like you”  declaration. She is keeping her emotions at bay. SSH might need to do a lot of pursuing and I hope he is ok with that :) 

35 minutes ago, nyzah13 said:

In response to KHK Skinship towards WDH..

WDH's Reciprocation of Affection Towards KHK :heart:

Awesome Analysis! 
Are you the admin of this account? 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Awesome Analysis! 
Are you the admin of this account? 

@fiona628 Yes I am.. Hehehe ^_^ I actually did (not a lot?) research about those gestures of affection, and I was able to say they expressed it very well in the drama..
I just can't get over this OTP really that I made that for them.. kkkk ^^

I am still in the midst of making videos for them with the songs I think that will suit their relationship.. I know there are already many, but I wanted to make WDH POV and KHK POV (hopefully I will be successful in finishing it).. Hehehe ^^

I even started writing again because of DM, maybe continuation of their happy ending.. It's just that their meetings were memorable (especially those that they were not yet dating)

• Like 3

@HungryDM hello. Welcome. :)

I also rarely (or at least avoid) shipping actors in real life. I remember for example how I loved the chemistry of Lee Sun Gyun and Lee Ji Eun/IU in "My Mister" and a lot of viewers shared the same feeling. I was delighted whenever I saw BTS photos of them at the wrap up party. But it never occurred to me nor did I ever think that I was seeing them as a real-life couple.  I was always seeing their characters. 

On the other hand, with SSH and SJH , it's totally different. I love them as KHK and WDH and saw the fire and electricity between them in their scenes together. But that dynamic remained evident to me even in their BTS clips and in fact, even more so. It's like they were playing themselves all throughout the drama and their characters were their alter egos.  

I agree with @nyzah13 that SSH's declaration in SJH's BTS cam that he really likes her...he's happy and honored to be with her and that he means it...that was a very courageous thing to do, especially given how the Korean entertainment industry reacts to any hint of dating between actors. 

Maybe they're just being discreet on how they will take this moving forward. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Btw, SSH has a cofffee themed CF too, I found it last night.. I saw someone on IG, the admin was like looking for cafe themed vibe for SSH.. When I searched for it I found the CF.. Here it is btw.. 

I hope they'll be in the same CF soon.. Jebal!! ^_^

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

Season 2 with the same actors? I don't think so :(

@airgelaal I don't think so either. Maybe that conference room in MBC just happens to display the promotional materials of its dramas and DM just happened to be one of its recent projects.

I personally would prefer to see them working together in another project of a totally different genre. And hopefully it's a movie. I don't really see any other story direction that can be covered by a season 2 of DM (unless it would be a retelling of how DM should have been minus the exes) although I will love Hae-kyong and Do-hee always. :wub:

11 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@HungryDM hello. Welcome. :)

I also rarely (or at least avoid) shipping actors in real life. I remember for example how I loved the chemistry of Lee Sun Gyun and Lee Ji Eun/IU in "My Mister" and a lot of viewers shared the same feeling. I was delighted whenever I saw BTS photos of them at the wrap up party. But it never occurred to me nor did I ever think that I was seeing them as a real-life couple.  I was always seeing their characters. 

On the other hand, with SSH and SJH , it's totally different. I love them as KHK and WDH and saw the fire and electricity between them in their scenes together. But that dynamic remained evident to me even in their BTS clips and in fact, even more so. It's like they were playing themselves all throughout the drama and their characters were their alter egos.  

I agree with @nyzah13 that SSH's declaration in SJH's BTS cam that he really likes her...he's happy and honored to be with her and that he means it...that was a very courageous thing to do, especially given how the Korean entertainment industry reacts to any hint of dating between actors. 

Maybe they're just being discreet on how they will take this moving forward. :rolleyes:

Hi! Happy to be here. First time i've signed up for a forum like this to talk about two actors and their relationship.. the power of these two lol

each have said time and time again that they are quite similar to their respective characters so it makes sense how the lines can be blurred from on-screen to off. i just hope they get more time to develop their off-screen dynamics with each other, even if it doesn't lead to a relationship, i can see them becoming great friends. 

i do think being discreet will be the best for them going forward. although of course i'm also greedy for content. i'll still be happy if they give us crumbs from time to time lol  

• Like 1

Trying to see and compare how SSH's body language was during the press conference of his dramas from 2018 to the last. 
During that time, he acted "The Player" with Krystal Jung (2018), "The Great Show" (2019) with Lee Sun Bin and most recently "Dinner Mate (2020) with our girl Seo Ji Hye.

As I read on old news that he broke up with his ex in January 2018 after going through three years of dating (although in 2017 rumors roamed that they broke up, but his official agency Better Ent and China Entertainment stated they split in January 2018).

It must be very difficult for someone (male or female) to just forget being together with someone he/she love. Although he/she try to forget it by immersing in hard work. 

Likewise with SSH. Plus, he reportedly gave his heart and soul to that long distance relationship.

So when he worked on the project "The Player" in 2018 (the year he just broke up) he still hadn't healed from that wound. Even though he smiled and laughed during the press conference, his face couldn't hide his feelings. Even Krystal Jung's freshness can't make him let go of his burden. (Krystal is also another name for his ex, maybe it reminded him of someone).

In 2019 he got the project "The Great Show". A year passed, surely he had started to organize his heart and slowly his wounds began to dry up. 

It seemed SSH had done "a good job of trying hard to forget" 
(That line like KHK said to cheer up WDH, when WDH said it was "a miracle when someone broke up but stayed alive" - Dinner scene at the Steak Restaurant).

His cheerfulness was seen at the press conference with Lee Sun Bin (Btw Lee Sun Bin is Lee Kwang So' girlfriend, his team on the Tik Tok application). His excitement seemed natural with his fellow actress. When he talked about his new drama, on the contrary, when his co-actress talked, he never often turned his head, he didn't looked into her eyes, didn't laugh happily, didn't smile shyly and other things that we can see at Dinner Mate press conference.

In early 2020 when he got an offer to act in the romantic comedy "Dinner Mate" pairing up our girl, he didn't know her and met her yet in person even when our girl debuted. 

Like he said at the press conference that he just knows that our girl is a stylish and an actress who has a cold image. Until a PD Nim convinced him that our girl has a different side so PD Nim without a doubt chose her as the first candidate for the role of WDH.

Finally he admitted that PD Nim's choice was the right one. This happened when he met her in person at the script reading. It seems the wound has started to heal. 

In my opinion, SSH did not expect, and maybe a little bit surprised, that it turns out that our girl is a friendly girl, laughs a lot, has a strong personality, and above all is very beautiful with big eyes.

The positive energy of our girl is able to pull him strong, so that he is able to joke with her and also with other colleagues. And he seems to be enjoying it. 

It made him proud to say at a press conference that our girl scolded him for playing around a lot.

If we compare his body language and mood when he was present at the press conference "Dinner Mate" with the press conference of the two previous dramas, it is completely different. Grateful that during the two year period he seemed able to move on. And it seems his heart has been able to see new opportunities.

(Like the scene in the drama DM, where KHK tells WDH that he likes her because he wants to prove WDH's words that "Every ending can be different". And SSH has to prove it in a real life that "whether we leave or get abandoned, the results are not the same.")

If we pay attention to what SSH said at the press conference, he said that he accepted the offer to act in DM is that he felt happy to do romantic drama again and while reading the script he wanted to feel the joy of meeting someone new. He also added that playing in DM can feel healing while acting.

So if we compare his body language and mood when he was present at the press conference of "Dinner Mate" with the press conferences of the two previous dramas, it is really different.

Everything SSH said at the press conference of DM and also his behavior, his mood and his body language during BTS made it clear that he was healed. It seemed that he had found someone to turn him on again. Someone with big beautiful eyes. He doesn't feel awkward when he is with her and he likes to tease her just to see her laugh.

I think SSH is really interested in our girl because he bluntly said on the radio program that she has the biggest and most beautiful eyes compared to the co-actresses he has acted with.

Maybe BTS is just a video that wants to show fans how close the main actor's relationship to the main actress and even with the director and staff. So it could be impure.

But at a press conference, when the main players and directors have to face reporters from various media, and are broadcast on online media, you can no longer pretend. 

A person who has a passionate and happy heart is clearly visible. Especially for his loyal fans who always pay attention to every detail of their idol can see that. 
We don't know what's in SSH & SJH's heart. But for SSH, he is showing obvious signs that he's attracted to someone.

Below I take from several articles about "The visible signs that a man has a crush on a woman".
You can see and whether the signs are visible on him.

- The traits of a man attracted to a woman:

A man makes intense eye contact with you.
Of course everyone makes eye contact with one another. However, if

he seems to be staring you in the eye so often that you get nervous, then he probably likes you. Eye contact is an expression of intimacy.

He looks at you secretly
Usually, a guy who has a crush on you will like to pay attention to your face and be happy to be around you.

Trying to Get Close
Usually, if a guy has a crush on you, he will approach you even though there is no need. He will find a way to get closer to you.

Leaning forward while speaking
When a man is talking to you, it can be seen clearly that his body position is leaning towards you. This is usually done by men when he is attracted to women.

Provide information without being asked
When a man has a crush on you is when he tells you something without you asking. Usually, a man will tell about his hobbies or abilities to the woman he likes very passionately.

Initiatives to communicate
A man who has a crush on a woman will usually take the initiative first to invite you to chat or go to various places. Men will usually invite you to interact more often, either directly or indirectly.

Look for ways to make physical contact
Touch is a sign of interest. Indirectly, when a man has a crush on a woman, he will look for ways to have physical contact or touch.
Men who have a crush usually touch the woman he likes. 

Saying he likes you, either directly or indirectly
The statement that he likes you, can not only be conveyed directly. He may have expressed it by saying that you are a person who is interesting, fun, or makes him comfortable. Or he might even say it openly that he likes you and wants more.

Trying to be humorous
He will try to be humorous when with you. Because according to him, to make the woman he likes happy is by always making her laugh. When with you, he will tell you funny things, do silly things that make you laugh with him.

Copying your words or body language
A man who is really fascinated with you, will usually look at you and subconsciously follow your words or body language (mirroring term). For example, when you scratch your nose, he spontaneously does the same thing while smiling at you.

Give you help and attention
A man who pay extra attention can be a sign that he likes you

Above are just some of the visible signs. 
We can only see it from the outside. We still can't get into someone's heart. Regardless of all that we hope now is SSH's time to move on and open up his heart and his mind. 

As WDH told KHK: "In order for him to have a healthy and positive mind, he must think that every ending can be different,"

But at least we are pleased that Dinner Mate has brought him to the girl he may have been looking for. Thank you to PD Nim for bringing them together.

(I became curious whether PD Nim had deliberately brought the two of them together, considering that PD Nim had worked with him for a long time. ) Ha ha

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

9 hours ago, hrkharis said:

Trying to see and compare how SSH's body language was during the press conference of his dramas from 2018 to the last. 
During that time, he acted "The Player" with Krystal Jung (2018), "The Great Show" (2019) with Lee Sun Bin and most recently "Dinner Mate (2020) with our girl Seo Ji Hye.

As I read on old news that he broke up with his ex in January 2018 after going through three years of dating (although in 2017 rumors roamed that they broke up, but his official agency Better Ent and China Entertainment stated they split in January 2018).

It must be very difficult for someone (male or female) to just forget being together with someone he/she love. Although he/she try to forget it by immersing in hard work. 

Likewise with SSH. Plus, he reportedly gave his heart and soul to that long distance relationship.

So when he worked on the project "The Player" in 2018 (the year he just broke up) he still hadn't healed from that wound. Even though he smiled and laughed during the press conference, his face couldn't hide his feelings. Even Krystal Jung's freshness can't make him let go of his burden. (Krystal is also another name for his ex, maybe it reminded him of someone).

In 2019 he got the project "The Great Show". A year passed, surely he had started to organize his heart and slowly his wounds began to dry up. 

(That line like KHK said to cheer up WDH, when WDH said it was "a miracle when someone broke up but stayed alive" - Dinner scene at the Steak Restaurant).

His cheerfulness was seen at the press conference with Lee Sun Bin (Btw Lee Sun Bin is Lee Kwang So' girlfriend, his team on the Tik Tok application). His excitement seemed natural with his fellow actress. When he talked about his new drama, on the contrary, when his co-actress talked, he never often turned his head, he didn't looked into her eyes, didn't laugh happily, didn't smile shyly and other things that we can see at Dinner Mate press conference.

In early 2020 when he got an offer to act in the romantic comedy "Dinner Mate" pairing up our girl, he didn't know her and met her yet in person even when our girl debuted. 

Like he said at the press conference that he just knows that our girl is a stylish and an actress who has a cold image. Until a PD Nim convinced him that our girl has a different side so PD Nim without a doubt chose her as the first candidate for the role of WDH.

Finally he admitted that PD Nim's choice was the right one. This happened when he met her in person at the script reading. It seems the wound has started to heal. 

In my opinion, SSH did not expect, and maybe a little bit surprised, that it turns out that our girl is a friendly girl, laughs a lot, has a strong personality, and above all is very beautiful with big eyes.

The positive energy of our girl is able to pull him strong, so that he is able to joke with her and also with other colleagues. And he seems to be enjoying it. 

It made him proud to say at a press conference that our girl scolded him for playing around a lot.

If we compare his body language and mood when he was present at the press conference "Dinner Mate" with the press conference of the two previous dramas, it is completely different. Grateful that during the two year period he seemed able to move on. And it seems his heart has been able to see new opportunities.

(Like the scene in the drama DM, where KHK tells WDH that he likes her because he wants to prove WDH's words that "Every ending can be different". And SSH has to prove it in a real life that "whether we leave or get abandoned, the results are not the same.")

If we pay attention to what SSH said at the press conference, he said that he accepted the offer to act in DM is that he felt happy to do romantic drama again and while reading the script he wanted to feel the joy of meeting someone new. He also added that playing in DM can feel healing while acting.

So if we compare his body language and mood when he was present at the press conference of "Dinner Mate" with the press conferences of the two previous dramas, it is really different.

Everything SSH said at the press conference of DM and also his behavior, his mood and his body language during BTS made it clear that he was healed. It seemed that he had found someone to turn him on again. Someone with big beautiful eyes. He doesn't feel awkward when he is with her and he likes to tease her just to see her laugh.

I think SSH is really interested in our girl because he bluntly said on the radio program that she has the biggest and most beautiful eyes compared to the co-actresses he has acted with.

Maybe BTS is just a video that wants to show fans how close the main actor's relationship to the main actress and even with the director and staff. So it could be impure.

But at a press conference, when the main players and directors have to face reporters from various media, and are broadcast on online media, you can no longer pretend. 

A person who has a passionate and happy heart is clearly visible. Especially for his loyal fans who always pay attention to every detail of their idol can see that. 
We don't know what's in SSH & SJH's heart. But for SSH, he is showing obvious signs that he's attracted to someone.

Below I take from several articles about "The visible signs that a man has a crush on a woman".

he seems to be staring you in the eye so often that you get nervous, then he probably likes you. Eye contact is an expression of intimacy.

He looks at you secretly
Usually, a guy who has a crush on you will like to pay attention to your face and be happy to be around you.

Trying to Get Close
Usually, if a guy has a crush on you, he will approach you even though there is no need. He will find a way to get closer to you.

When a man is talking to you, it can be seen clearly that his body position is leaning towards you. This is usually done by men when he is attracted to women.

When a man has a crush on you is when he tells you something without you asking. Usually, a man will tell about his hobbies or abilities to the woman he likes very passionately.

A man who has a crush on a woman will usually take the initiative first to invite you to chat or go to various places. Men will usually invite you to interact more often, either directly or indirectly.

Touch is a sign of interest. Indirectly, when a man has a crush on a woman, he will look for ways to have physical contact or touch.

The statement that he likes you, can not only be conveyed directly. He may have expressed it by saying that you are a person who is interesting, fun, or makes him comfortable. Or he might even say it openly that he likes you and wants more.

Trying to be humorous
He will try to be humorous when with you. Because according to him, to make the woman he likes happy is by always making her laugh. When with you, he will tell you funny things, do silly things that make you laugh with him.

A man who is really fascinated with you, will usually look at you and subconsciously follow your words or body language (mirroring term). For example, when you scratch your nose, he spontaneously does the same thing while smiling at you.

We can only see it from the outside. We still can't get into someone's heart. Regardless of all that we hope now is SSH's time to move on and open up his heart and his mind. 

As WDH told KHK: "In order for him to have a healthy and positive mind, he must think that every ending can be different,"

But at least we are pleased that Dinner Mate has brought him to the girl he may have been looking for. Thank you to PD Nim for bringing them together.

(I became curious whether PD Nim had deliberately brought the two of them together, considering that PD Nim had worked with him for a long time. ) Ha ha

Thanks for sharing!  Very well said!

We can see SSH looks so happy in his recent IG or Tiktok.  I really hope SJH will show her face on IG too, not for commercials,  so that we could also "feel" her......

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, hrkharis said:

He looks at you secretly

Trying to Get Close

Trying to be humorous

Woah!~ Daebak!! This Visible Signs are really visible on SSHs actions.. This supports the BTS and press conference body language of SSH.. Thank you for this @hrkharis

• Like 2

Missing the couple and decided to come back on to see this forum, wow congrats on 20 page! Oh @hrkharis loved your thoughtful analysis about SSH and his actions/ reactions after his last relationship with his FL to SJH in DM.

I need to now go back to the prior pages and catch up. But yeah I would not be adverse to them dating in real life. This is the ONLY couple forum after a drama i have gone back to write/check up on since starting on SOOMPI forums in 2007).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nodame said:

I need to now go back to the prior pages and catch up. But yeah I would not be adverse to them dating in real life. This is the ONLY couple forum after a drama i have gone back to write/check up on since starting on SOOMPI forums in 2007).

yep, the power of these two :omg:

Screenshot-20200811-115636.jpg

• Like 4

@hrkharis, awesome post and analysis. 
Thanks for sharing the article “The traits of a man attracted to a woman”. It seems like all pertains to SSH towards SJH. Ahhh. This is what these two did to us. We have to do our scientific analysis like KHK. 

Is anyone joining SSH’s Tiktok Virtual Fan Meet this Friday? I don’t have a Tiktok account. If someone is attending, please fill us in on juicy news about SSH. :)

Then SJH’s birthday is coming up on August 24. I hope she will update her IG with a picture of her blowing a cake like she did in the past. 

• Like 3