[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

On 9/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, hmrhn said:

@honeytime @dragonfly my life these days has also some stress too. I am trying and get some lessons from it. Hope you guys find the joy and peace too!

I rewatch the eps. and always laugh at the csene when XY put on his coat after feeding CY. It reminds me that you guys here love so much the cool XY in this csene

thank you!!! also LOL I'm happy that you laugh at that scene and remember us xD our general is seriously too cool esp at that scene....i have heart eyes for him and him only *__*

On 9/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, SIMNEE TING said:

TSP really win hands down in recent dramas because of the couple. N to me their voices too. Zyc voice esp his intotation of gentleness for the princess makes me flutters every time when he looked at her n spoke. Such deep voice with so much tenderness. The sign n seal contract scenes and many many other scenes. Definetely has the best couple chemistry so far.

you wrote this a month ago and i feel it's still true, at least to me >< their chemistry is out of this world!!! it makes TSP sooo incredibly unforgettable!! and i agree with you that his voice is so tender and gentle when he speaks with the princess omg..my heart flutters just remembering it!!! and the sign and seal contract scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theyre So Goooooddd that they leave such a strong impact on me...this script is so sweet x(

On 9/18/2020 at 6:37 AM, dragonfly said:
  • Honeslty, i wish it go tmore views - maybe it will when it is actually fully subbed! I really hope VIKI will pick it up!

i really hope VIKI will still pick it up...i want them to properly sub TSP and include the epilogue so more people know that there's more to the ending than ep 35..... :( i feel like a Lot of people rate it low or have a negative impression because they don't like the sad/open ending lol but if VIKI picks it up and lets more people know about this awesome drama and the sweet ending, the rating will increase and we'll maybe have more demand for ZYC and HYX to act together again! haha jk I'm just saying

On 9/18/2020 at 9:00 PM, hmrhn said:

I heard by an accident OST of another Chinese film. And it touched my heart. I know it's effect of TSP. From the love for the drama, it increases to the love for some Chinese songs.

thanks for sharing! this was a lovely listen and i loved the video ♡__♡ i think it's so cool that TSP has opened more opportunities for you to be interested in Chinese songs!!

On 9/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, Montato91 said:

XY be looking extra handsome every time I rewatch the drama lmao I wouldn’t mind being shot with an arrow by our general looking that hot. i’d be distracted anyways I wouldn’t feel the pain the only pain I’d feel is his handsomeness shooting me right in the heart haha

LOLLLLLLLLL ohmygoodness you're hilarious xDDDDDD thanks for your comment, i had a good laugh from it!!

On 9/19/2020 at 6:48 AM, enzek said:

Btw, I read a comment on ig that the The Sleepless Princess's director mentioned the possibility of Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan collaboration in another drama with him on his social media? If that is true then please reunite them in a romance drama with a better plot and good ending! I'm willing to wait for them! Pleaseee make it true (crying emoji)

ahhhhhhhh pleeeaassseeee make this true....please x(((( but uhh not with MangoTV please lol..but i mean if MangoTV is the onlyyyy way, then so be it!!!!

@hmrhn thanks for sharing that info about the technique of XY carrying CY many times easily xD

i haven’t been too updated with ZYC or HYX but i think HXY is currently filming for a new drama "Unforgettable Love"..and one of her other dramas ("A River Runs Through It") released a trailer ;____; I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OUR PRINCESS AGAIN BUT IN A DIFFERENT ROLE LOL also she's gonna betray our general </3 jk i know it's just acting no worries xD

as always, thank you to everyone for sharing anything and everything on here ♡ stay happy and healthy and...let's keep praying for our favorite couple to be leads again in an even greater drama!!!!!

19 hours ago, honeytime said:

i haven’t been too updated with ZYC or HYX but i think HXY is currently filming for a new drama "Unforgettable Love"..and one of her other dramas ("A River Runs Through It") released a trailer ;____; I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OUR PRINCESS AGAIN BUT IN A DIFFERENT ROLE LOL also she's gonna betray our general </3 jk i know it's just acting no worries xD

Oh, the second male lead from Eternal Love gets to be ML. Is that her real voice singing? It sounds nice.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:05 AM, ILoveDramas said:

@lovehuche- i really enjoyed General’s Lady. Female lead has her annoying moments but the general male lead has an unwavering love. The story is simple, happy, and light. It’s definitely not as popular as sleepless princess but i actually liked the drama more because there was less heartache. 

It looks like that we (and other members of this topic maybe) have the same taste. I watched "first romance". Oh it's sweet from the beginning to the end :lol:  (although the chemistry between ML & FL can't be as much as TSP).

@honeytime & others: oh you bring back the joyful atmosphere to the topic  :wub:

Ah, and I am still following the Fan page shipping  ZYC & HYX (in my mother language), updated every day :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@enzekI think another collaboration would be great between the two leads. I think Sleepless Princess story is over so another drama is good. 

Production team for Blooms at Ruyi Pavillion did this for ZZH and JJY and it’s so great to see the pairing again. i liked Legend of Yunxi story better but seeing that same pairing and reunion is nice. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:46 PM, bluehibiscus said:

Oh, the second male lead from Eternal Love gets to be ML. Is that her real voice singing? It sounds nice.

I'm not sure if it's her real voice singing...it kinda sounds like her, but at the same time it sounds a little higher than her actual voice?? lol even when she talks in that trailer, her voice sounds higher than her actual talking voice. i wonder if they dubbed her voice again..? we'll just have to wait and see xD

also, i haven't watched Eternal Love but i have seen Miles Wei in a few other dramas before.....and oh he is sooooooooooooo cute haha he always looks so soft!!! I'm sooo happy that recently he's gotten a couple projects as the main lead ;___; 

**edit: i just realized you're talking about Richards Wang, NOT Miles Wei lol either way, I'm happy Richards is getting more roles ~

i haven't watched First Romance but after TSP, I've watched My Love, Enlighten Me!!! it's eng subbed on yt and i have to say i didn't follow the plot too closely haha i actually skipped quite a few scenes oops...but the chemistry between the two leads is definitely there. whether it's the drama or BTS scenes, I've gushed a whole lot and fell in love with both leads haha their acting is very convincing and they are so, so sweet and funny together ♡♡♡ in the drama they have quite a lot of INCREDIBLY fluffy romantic parts and that's medicine for me haha i also admire the perseverance of FL in that drama!!! i do recommend the drama just because the two leads are so cute together! i can't compare the chemistry between these two leads and the leads in TSP because the plots and stories are just so different, but i can say that TSP leaves a deeper impression on me lol

i think that without the heartache and sad parts to TSP, i wouldn't have felt THIS emotionally invested in TSP for so long lol this drama made me sooo happy but also so sad in the best ways xD the princess and general's relationship is just so much more meaningful because of the hardships they went through together and individually, and because of the amazing characters like XM and XC

:highonflowers:

i need to learn how / where to download the OSTs so i can listen to the songs outside of youtube lol

Edited by honeytime
adding a comment!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Sleepless Princess is now available with English subtitles at Amazon Prime Video. Amazon Prime includes the bonus episode (Ep. 36). It is region restricted so you will need to go to Amazon Prime Video to see if it is available in your country.

https://www.amazon.com/EP-13/dp/B08NHWTYQY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+sleepless+princess&qid=1606556677&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, honeytime said:

@Table122000 OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for letting us know T____T my sister has an Amazon Prime account so if it's available in the US I'll watch it there

imagine....GOOD ENGLISH SUBS!!! finallyyy

edit: it's available on Amazon Prime Video in the USA!!!!

You are welcome. Yes, it's available in US. Not sure about other countries.  About the subtitles...Unfortunately, Amazon Prime Video does not create their own subs.  Amazon Prime Video gets their subs from the content provider so quality varies.  For Sleepless Princess,  the subtitles are the same as MGTV Drama YouTube. (Which I understand were Way Better than what was given on the MGTV App) I keep hoping that Amazon Prime will insist that any dramas they carry will have quality subtitles and force the providers to give decent subtitles, but so far Amazon seems content to accept whatever the provider gives.   Amazon Prime seems to be actively seeking to add Chinese content lately. I saw several other Mango dramas added and also IQIYI. I was able to watch Love Is Sweet at Amazon Prime. 

The advantage for Amazon Prime for Sleepless Princess is high quality video, no ads, and we get the Bonus episode with subs. It may also be available in more countries than the YT, I am not sure about that. Anyway, happy watching!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, hmrhn said:

In an article, HYX said that, at the beginning, director worried that ZYC may refuse the role, because of his busy schedule. HYX decided to call to ZYC, telling him that she is so interested in his roles in other films & the director is his big fan too.

Where did you read the article?

I also had read an article using the google translate mentioned about that

https://www.sohu.com/a/411737617_120101005?scm=1019.e000a.v1.0&spm=smpc.csrpage.news-list.24.1606673777718SJnJW8m

Spoiler

Since this is google translate, it is not 100% accurate but at least it give me some rough summary:sweatingbullets:

director was afraid that Zheng Yecheng would not come to film "Leaving the Heart", Hu Yixuan easily handled it with a phone call 

2020-08-06 11:57

As we all know, the ancient costume love fantasy drama "Leaving the Heart" starring Zheng Yecheng, Hu Yixuan, Huang Cancan, etc. was launched. Because of the novel setting of the story and the relaxed and humorous style, the audience's attention is firmly occupied. It can be called a recent broadcast. The "top stream" in his sweet pet drama. And the whole drama is worth mentioning from the costumes, props, makeup to the exquisite degree of each picture!

The actor Zheng Yecheng, the actor Xue Yao, has a handsome appearance and a clear outline, which is very suitable for costume modeling. Of course, his performance skills are also quite solid. From beginning to end, there are no exaggerated facial and physical movements. Sex comes out, every detail is very reasonable and very infectious. It can be said that as an actor, we have seen a strong explosive force in Zheng Yecheng!

Recently, when she was also attending a program, Hu Yixuan also talked about Zheng Yecheng in an interview. She also said: Zheng Yecheng’s little brother’s business level is definitely not top-notch, but he still has a lot of room for improvement. His performance is very natural. A kind of nature to internalize the characters' lines into his own words. The director praised Zheng Yecheng for bringing us all of us this time without a label!

Then Hu Yixuan also joked: At the beginning, the director was afraid that Zheng Yecheng would not come to film "Leaving the Heart" because of the schedule or other reasons. Finally, I easily managed it with a phone call! This also made everyone curious, and then Hu Yixuan explained: I told Zheng Yecheng that I have always liked your Three Thousand Crow Kills, and the most important thing is that the director is also your little fan. We are all waiting for you to start signing! Hahaha, this reply also made everyone laugh!

Although this drama has only been updated to episode 12, it has been well received, and I believe it has a strong momentum in the later period.

I'm glad that the director want Zheng Ye Cheng for Xue Yao's role. Perfect! And look at his skinship with Zheng Ye Cheng in the bts too:lol:

Missing our cute couple. 

Just Hu Yi Xuan 

Spoiler

being lovely

Just Zheng Ye Cheng

Spoiler

being hot

and dorky LOL

credit to owner

I wonder when this drama, Stealth Walker, will airing.

Hu Yi Xuan is currently filming her modern time drama, Unforgettable Love with Wei Zhe Ming as the main male lead. His popular drama is Perfect And Casual.

Spoiler

credit to owner

While Zheng Ye Cheng started filming for his modern drama, Love Under The Full Moon with Ju Jing Yi as the main female lead.

Spoiler

Cuties!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CILFZvAl-HY/

The main male lead, main female lead and second male lead. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIKy2WOFnqk/

credit to owner

I had watch four of the main female lead, Ju Jing Yi, dramas; Legend of Yun Xi, Mr. Swimmer, In a Class of Her Own and The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion. To me she is okay in those dramas but I like her pairing with Zhang Zhe Han the most. I also just read her fan mentioned her policy with kiss scenes, she doesn't like passionate/deep kiss scene. No wonder her kiss scenes in her dramas that I watch were kinda just like stucking lips. That doesn't matter to me actually because I'm used to that kind of kiss scene in Asian romance dramas LOL 

But Zheng Ye Cheng is a good kisser so I wonder about their future romantic kiss scene haha. Maybe she will fall into temptation and we can see at least one passionate kiss scene in this drama:P

It feel like such a long time since I watch Zheng Ye Cheng in a modern drama. I started to noticed him in drama Love 020 (2016). While other fall for Yang Yang in there, I fall for Zheng Ye Cheng and then I watch his other dramas. Not only he is good looking, he is also a talented actor. But since all his dramas that aired after that were in historical time, it make me feel as if he time travelled to the past through his dramas LOL

I'm truly hoping for our cute couple to reunite in another drama in the future:wub: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHrxM1wlf_O/

credit to owner

Meanwhile re watching their cute scenes again and again

They provided English subtitles for Hu Yi Xuan reaction's video. She is so cute!

credit to owner

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Table122000 again, thanks for the info!! very informative and good to know. this will be my first time watching a drama on Prime lol so when i have time I'll check it out! another advantage with Prime is that episodes 19 and 20 have eng subs....on YT, these two eps don't have eng subs!! MangoTV, please get it together lol

@enzek ooh thanks for sharing that article! it was an interesting read, and it makes me miss our leads :(

-thanks for sharing updates of HYX and ZYC!!!! i really missed seeing them together haha every day i hope that they'll have another project together again in the very near future >< anyway they're doing sooooo well individually ~ I'm glad they're staying busy with more projects and I'm also super excited that they're gaining more recognition for their amazing skills ♡__♡

-sooo excited to see HYX's chemistry with Miles Wei...hoping the plot for that drama is good!!

-ohhh Ju JingYi's policy is interesting..I'm happy that she's able to make that clear to the production staff and be respected for it! lol we'll have to see how the policy plays out in her future projects

On 11/29/2020 at 1:56 PM, enzek said:

It feel like such a long time since I watch Zheng Ye Cheng in a modern drama. I started to noticed him in drama Love 020 (2016). While other fall for Yang Yang in there, I fall for Zheng Ye Cheng and then I watch his other dramas. Not only he is good looking, he is also a talented actor. But since all his dramas that aired after that were in historical time, it make me feel as if he time travelled to the past through his dramas LOL

-LOL you're so funny!! TSP is my first and only time actually watching ZYC....and i completely fell for him as XY haha I'll have to prepare myself to watch him in a modern drama where he ISN'T our hot general!!! i guess i must prepare to see our general time travel to the future with a different identity and story and FL

-thanks for sharing those clips of TSP!!! TSP has a special place in my heart and i always enjoy watching clips/FMVs of it ♡

hope everyone is happy and healthy and well ~ stay safe and healthy!!!

• Like 1

Hello  everyone,  glad that this forum is still active.  Enjoy reading all the posts! 

Let us vote for TSP CP, zyc&hyx. Go to youtube and search Mangotv Fancy Love  Channel. Pick community and vote for The Sleepless Princess :)

Hope everyone stay safe and fit.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

She has to bear with Xue Yao marriage edict to Na Xi issue, then whilst everything kinda settled and it seem they can keep a marriage this time with mutual feeling, she get pushed away by findmybills.com

Although I recognise his brother role in Xue Yao's heart but it nonetheless seem they make that Xue Yao response closer to Chu Yue after his brother tale revealation appear like he too blindly bounce into end to me.

Edited by Jiya leni
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

As a side project, I've translated the 20 minute full documentary special they released after the series aired. I've taken some liberties with the translations where I thought appropriate for English (American) syntax and connotation. Please excuse my errors, but corrections/cultural context insights are also very welcome; just doing my best! Should be in HD.

https://www.wevideo.com/view/1967576715

Edited by s_ellagrace
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

hello everyone!!! happy one year anniversary to this special, special drama ♡

just wanted to let everyone know that MangoTV has uploaded TSP with better eng subtitles (based on what I've skimmed so far)!! I'm definitely rewatching T___T

also, our princess HYX has been gaining more love from her ongoing drama, Unforgettable Love!!! and her other drama A River Runs Through It will air on August 2nd of this year ~ sooo happy for her!!

as for ZYC i haven't been able to catch up too much >< but he also has a few dramas coming out and a couple that he's currently filming!!

HOW EXCITING FOR THEM BOTH!!!!!!

i can't wait for one day when they reunite

♡♡

be happy and healthy!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• 3 weeks later...