[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Montato91 said:

I felt his killing aura when he fought with XC. When he put down that spear sword thingy and told his men that XC won, I was like whoa the guarding lion came out of him. I even screenshot it 

Guarding lion haha:D

Remind me about the clip when Chu Yue transformed into tiger in episode 35.  

There was a comment mentioned that Xue Yao can handle her because he is a lion.

So at the end, the lion eat the tiger:P

But in the epilogue we see that she had upgraded into the lioness, she even scolded the lion and gave the lion a sore waist LOL:tounge_wink:

Spoiler

c5af372c70b091d4d10b58a592bb767249e22372

credit to owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Hi All 

this is the first time I wrote on any C drama forums. But i really wanted to say i totally enjoyed this thread. The discussion, analysis and rantings and all that keeps me coming back. hahaha...so thank you all. So since i am at it, it will be a long post. To give myself a closure too hahaha....

i really enjoyed TSP. it was so unexpected because this first episode with the transformation to a rat... i thought to myself....oh dear...this is too childish but the ML carrying the FL from the wedding carriage part did the job to make me go on. Oh boy!!!!...So here i am watching all the 36 episodes. and i would say the story pacing is good. all the angsty and heartwrenching moment when they both separated was not drag for long. They somehow just go back to love one another very quickly, which i think should always be the case. like what CY says in the prison episode. Fight at bed head, make up at bed end. that is how marriage should be. 

I totally buy into the line of brother XM and XY in love with the same woman. XM love was so deep and so heartwrenching.The bit in the letter he says there is really NO guanshan and wan wan (only XM himself writing his story of what he has seen) but one day you will be someone Wan Wan and on that day you will be his beautiful bride. WOW...that someone is XY, his brother.  golly, the scriptwriter did a brilliant job here. my heart hurt for a moment. XY reaction was so well done by ZYC. The pain, the anger, the lost...i think it is something not anyone can digest in a few hours after that. so him pushing her away was totally real. this thing takes time to digest. and he figured out very fast!! To cherish what his brother paid for with his life, his beloved CY. The scene when he woke up after being drunk was the beginning of that soberness...his word: so this is the way brother felt about CY, the same way as i do (means he did not love CY less). he understood XM love for CY and i think it all started  to flow from there plus his suspicion that things with dongshi were not so simple. smart guy after the venting, back to using his head.

XM love was just not meant to be. He held no high position, no war merits because of his hostage position, he could never request to marry a princess. It is like his purpose was his love that was to protect the two persons he loved most. XY and CY. Without him passing, XY will always be a cheeky little brother behind the cool matured responsible XM. He would not have gone to wars, fight, experience heinousness and pain of wars, grew up and became a man he is. And it is that kind of man that CY need. because of XY war experience which was carved into his bone and soul (the smell of blood on XY) that he could suppressed CY nightmares. He is CY's fated one. XY only have the chance because XM died. The loop is completed. So XM did protect CY till the end, his love lived in XY. 

And i also want to mentioned why i think the Xue's men were designated for CY (one died for her and another to love and protect her all of his life). Xue family was generations of generals protecting the land and its people. CY father was the grandmaster who altered 11 times the fate of the country. in that process, xue family most likely would have been saved by the grandmaster interventions many times. Xue's men was fated to repay the grandmaster's deeds through protecting and loving his daughter (which the father could never do). The elements of what you sow and what you reap is very strong in TSP. Fate has a little surprising twists all the time. 

I also think that the reason why she could wake up was because of the same reason, Fated one. XY was the fated one. the one who could suppressed her nightmares just like that (XC said so), the one whom can keep her conscious during her transformation (all the 11 x she could never remember what happen), and also the bit that they consumate their marriage during the transformation. He had left 'seed of life' with her during that consummation. And of course his deep love (more than one year of taking care of her and to her places in her coma state) and his near suicide woke her up. only he could do it. the theme of min chung ren (fated one).

Even if the ending was he jumped of the cliffs with her would be a reasonable ending, tragic but quite real in portraying how heart broken he was when he could not woke her up and worry of how she will be scared if one day he is not around. oh dear....my heart wrenched again. but like everyone else i demanded a good ending. Glad we all had it!!! But i agree also 15 min our of 31 min. we really dont need that much time for the SLeads. if last 15 min is maybe a happy reunion at Xue Manor with everyone will be nice and enough to show how other couples are doing, XC spotting a gal maybe, whether grandaunty is good, how is mr bai doing (why need to show the maid with NX guard..i roll my eyes many times...what a waste of 15 min).

My last thought on the story which TSP got me thinking is:

1) if you love someone enough, you dont give up so easily. CY gave up many times especically with NX. But she went back to fight for it by asking him to elope. it really rings in my head. how many times when a marriage had a 3rd party entering into the picture, most thoughts will be ur partner is unfaithful, we dont need a guy like that...but have we ever asked the question how much do we love him or her. enough to stay back and fight back. win ur partner back and then sort out all the grievances and brokenness later. it is about love. not about who win who lost. things will only be lost if love is gone.

2) in face of relationship adversity, honesty and talking it out is very important. XY character was internal like mentioned by another fan. He get on with the task first. if he had and was honest with cy every time (first time using her as bait, second with his past with NX), there will be less heartache. CY was going around getting into more trouble because she wanted to help without the necessary information from XY. CY of course many time were to naive but i really admire that attitude...unless he says so in my face, i will not believe anything anyone says. I think we really should learn that.

anyway this is my thoughts on TSP. Sorry for the long post. Stay healthy and happy dramaing..for those interested in super generals who love with one heart only...try General and I. Wallace chung as Chu bei jie is to die for, still my favourite General (in look, intelligence, love for their partner, everything). now ZYC is on par. chemistry wise ZYC and HYX is unbeatable. Legend of yunxi line is similar with TSP. Zhang zhe han as ML as Qin Wang is good to watch, also a general but added he is royalty and hence slightly more refined than ZYC's XY. Chemistry with FL Ju Jung yi was really good. i love them too. but TSP chemistry is tad better.

Edited by SIMNEE TING
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Hi All 

this is the first time I wrote on any C drama forums. But i really wanted to say i totally enjoyed this thread. The discussion, analysis and rantings and all that keeps me coming back. hahaha...so thank you all. So since i am at it, it will be a long post. To give myself a closure too hahaha....

i really enjoyed TSP. it was so unexpected because this first episode with the transformation to a rat... i thought to myself....oh dear...this is too childish but the ML carrying the FL from the wedding carriage part did the job to make me go on. Oh boy!!!!...So here i am watching all the 36 episodes. and i would say the story pacing is good. all the angsty and heartwrenching moment when they both separated was not drag for long. They somehow just go back to love one another very quickly, which i think should always be the case. like what CY says in the prison episode. Fight at bed head, make up at bed end. that is how marriage should be. 

I totally buy into the line of brother XM and XY in love with the same woman. XM love is so deep and so heartwrenching.The bit in the letter he says there is No guanshan and wan wan but one day you will be someone wan wan and on that day you will be his beautiful bride. WOW...that someone is XY. golly, the scriptwriter did a brilliant job here. XY reaction was so well done by ZYC. The pain, the anger, the lost...i think it is something not anyone can digest in a few hours after that. so him pushing her away was totally real. this thing takes time. and he figured out very fast. To cherish what his brother paid for with his life, CY. The scene when he woke up after being drunk was the beginning of the soberness...his word: so this is the way brother felt about CY, the same way as i do (means he did not love CY less). he understood XM love for CY and i think it all start to flow from there plus his suspicion that things with dongshi were not so simple. smart guy after the venting, back to using his head.

XM love was not meant to be. He held no high position, no war merits because of his hostage position, he could never request to marry a princess. It is like his purpose was his love that was to protect the two persons he loved most. XY and CY. Without him passing, XY will always be a cheeky little brother behind the cool matured responsible XM. He would not have gone to wars, fight, experience heinousness and pain of wars, grew up and became a man he is. And it is that kind of man that CY need. because of XY war experience which was carved into his bone and soul (the smell of blood on XY) that he could suppressed CY nightmares. He is CY's fated one. XY only have the chance because XM died. The loop is completed. So XM did protect CY till the end, his love lived in XY. 

And i also want to mentioned why i think the Xue's men were designated for CY (one died for her and another to love and protect her all of his life). Xue family was generations of generals protecting the land and its people. CY father was the grandmaster who altered 11 times the fate of the country. in that process, xue family most likely would have been saved by the grandmaster interventions many times. The elements of what you sow and what you reap is very strong in TSP. It is just like saying fate has a little surprising twists all the time. 

I also think that the reason why she could wake up was because of the same reason. XY was the one. the one who could suppressed her nightmares just like that, the one whom can keep her conscious during her transformation (all the 11 x she could never remember what happen), and also the bit that they consumate their marriage during the transformation. He had left 'seed of life' with her during that consummation. And of course his love (more than one year of taking care of her and to her places in her coma state) and his near suicide woke her up. only he could do it. the theme of min chung ren (fated one).

Even if the ending was he jumped of the cliffs with her would be a reasonable ending, tragic but quite real in portraying how heart broken he was when he could not woke her up and worry of how she will be scared if one day he is not around. oh dear....my heart wrenched again. but like everyone else i demanded a good ending. Glad we all had it!!! But i agree also 15 min our of 31 min. we really dont need that much time for the SLeads. if last 15 min is maybe a happy reunion at Xue Manor with everyone will be nice and enough to show how other couples are doing, XC spotting a gal maybe, whether grandaunty is good, how is mr bai doing (why need to show the maid with NX guard..i roll my eyes many times...what a waste of 15 min).

1) if you love someone enough, you dont give up so easily. CY gave up many times especically with NX. But she went back to fight for it by asking him to elope. it really rings in my head. how many times when a marriage had a 3rd party entering into the picture, most thoughts will be ur partner is unfaithful, we dont need a guy like that...but have we ever asked the question how much do we love him or her. enough to stay back and fight back. win ur partner back and then sort out all the grievances and brokenness later. it is about love. not about who win who lost. things will only be lost if love is gone.

2) in face of relationship adversity, honesty and talking it out is very important. XY character was internal like mentioned by another fan. He get on with the task first. if he had and was honest with cy every time (first time using her as bait, second with his past with NX), there will be less heartache. CY was going around getting into more trouble because she wanted to help without the necessary information from XY. CY of course many time were to naive but i really admire that attitude...unless he says so in my face, i will not believe anything anyone says. I think we really should learn that.

anyway this is my thoughts on TSP. Sorry for the long post. Stay healthy and happy dramaing..for those interested in super generals who love with one heart only...try General and I. Wallace chung as Chu bei jie is to die for, still my favourite General (in look, intelligence, love for their partner, everything). now ZYC is on par. chemistry wise ZYC and HYX is unbeatable. Legend of yunxi line is similar with TSP. Zhang zhe han as ML as Qin Wang is good to watch, also a general but added he is royalty and hence slightly more refined than ZYC's XY. Chemistry with FL Ju Jung yi was really good. i love them too. but TSP chemistry is tad better.

First, I absolutely loved reading yoru thoughts! it was so beautiful, i started tearing up. I mentioned on another forum how this drama is such a dopamin rush but actually, you're right, it so, so , so much more!

Sigh. it truly is a rare gem of a drama!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, BreezeC said:

OMG!!! I just read the funniest thing ever - someone post in weibo on the two pigeon letters that XC send to CY and discovered the writing style and the tone between the two letters are completely different. They are suspecting that the second letter is from their son!!! LOL

In the first letter, the tone is more mature and elegant writing saying that since your son arrived in the city for half a month, we both miss you (using their son as an excuse to say you miss her, XC? lol) Thinking your son can be a great general one day, I am thinking about sending him off to the military training camp but I would like to discuss with you face to face on this further. Please respond soon. - Your Royal Brother XC signed

In the second letter, more childish wording (someone noticed there is wrong spelling as well lol) it stated that this is the one thousand letter I had wrote to you and the last one I'll write to you. Your son and I enjoyed each other companies and he agreed to call me "Father", also he is getting used to his life in the military training camp. Although I never heard back from you, I am extremely happy now. You and XY enjoy your time outside and don't need to come back. - Your only brother XC

LOL No wonder the second letter came sooo fast after the first one - My interpretation is that XY and CY must be strict parents and they had left their little boy to visit the relative for half a month and enjoy some alone time. XC wanted to take this opportunity to ask CY to come back using the excuse of sending XM off to military training camp noted in the first letter. However, it looks like little XM is having so much fun bullying XC and running wild, he wrote the second letter to convince his mom to stay put lol If this is really the case, this is the funniest thing ever lol

Both letters are from XC, maybe came so fast because no response. The idea to send the boy to military camp was because he’s too active perhaps, coz his mother must have been indulging him.

51 minutes ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Hi All 

I totally buy into the line of brother XM and XY in love with the same woman. XM love is so deep and so heartwrenching.The bit in the letter he says there is No guanshan and wan wan but one day you will be someone wan wan and on that day you will be his beautiful bride. WOW...that someone is XY. golly, the scriptwriter did a brilliant job here. XY reaction was so well done by ZYC. The pain, the anger, the lost...i think it is something not anyone can digest in a few hours after that. so him pushing her away was totally real. this thing takes time. and he figured out very fast. To cherish what his brother paid for with his life, CY. The scene when he woke up after being drunk was the beginning of the soberness...his word: so this is the way brother felt about CY, the same way as i do (means he did not love CY less). he understood XM love for CY and i think it all start to flow from there plus his suspicion that things with dongshi were not so simple. smart guy after the venting, back to using his head.

XM love was not meant to be. He held no high position, no war merits because of his hostage position, he could never request to marry a princess. It is like his purpose was his love that was to protect the two persons he loved most. XY and CY. Without him passing, XY will always be a cheeky little brother behind the cool matured responsible XM. He would not have gone to wars, fight, experience heinousness and pain of wars, grew up and became a man he is. And it is that kind of man that CY need. because of XY war experience which was carved into his bone and soul (the smell of blood on XY) that he could suppressed CY nightmares. He is CY's fated one. XY only have the chance because XM died. The loop is completed. So XM did protect CY till the end, his love lived in XY. 

And i also want to mentioned why i think the Xue's men were designated for CY (one died for her and another to love and protect her all of his life). Xue family was generations of generals protecting the land and its people. CY father was the grandmaster who altered 11 times the fate of the country. in that process, xue family most likely would have been saved by the grandmaster interventions many times. The elements of what you sow and what you reap is very strong in TSP. It is just like saying fate has a little surprising twists all the time. 

I also think that the reason why she could wake up was because of the same reason. XY was the one. the one who could suppressed her nightmares just like that, the one whom can keep her conscious during her transformation (all the 11 x she could never remember what happen), and also the bit that they consumate their marriage during the transformation. He had left 'seed of life' with her during that consummation. And of course his love (more than one year of taking care of her and to her places in her coma state) and his near suicide woke her up. only he could do it. the theme of min chung ren (fated one).

Very well summarised. Thanks for that. XM is good looking too and looks like he’s more patient that XY. Legend of Yunxi is sad so I didn’t watch. General and I -review is not impressive. I think

TSP wins hands down.

• Like 1

@Montato91 Yes it is. So that is your comment. Good, I like your analogy:)

The lion's meme is totally accurate for our Xue Yao:lol:

7 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Hi All 

Welcome to the forum!

Your analysis are truly insightful and wonderful especially the bold part!

I really like how you intertwined the sacrifices from Xue Yao's brother and Chu Yue's father to Xue Yao and Chu Yue love story together!

Shia GIF by swerk

About the ending, even if all the people in the world agreed that the ending in episode 35 is realistic, I will be foreverrr grateful to the director and the team that they give a happy ending as a proper closure and not leave it just like that.

Sad The Office GIF

Oh, I also watch "General and I" and "Legend Of Yun Xi"!:D

Romance dramas where the male lead is a general that I "had watch" and "will watch" so far:

Spoiler

Sound Of The Desert -2014- (Eddie Peng and Cecilia Liu)

https://mydramalist.com/3623-sound-of-the-desert

General And I -2017- (Wallace Chung and Angelababy)

https://mydramalist.com/19028-general-and-i

Legend Of Yun Xi -2018- (Zhang Ze Han and Ju Jing Yi)

https://mydramalist.com/23956-legend-of-yun-xi

The Sleepless Princess -2020- (Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan)

https://mydramalist.com/58693-the-sleepless-princess

The Promise of Chang'an -2020- (Cheng Yi and Sarah Zhao)

https://mydramalist.com/33039-the-promise-of-chang-an

SPOILER:

*From the synopsis and trailer, although the male lead and the female lead fall in with love with each other, she was forced to marry the male lead's brother, who is an emperor and they will have son together. After the emperor died, the son becomes the next emperor.

The Legend of Xiao Chuo -upcoming- (Shawn Dou and Tiffany Tang)

https://mydramalist.com/34637-the-legend-of-xiao-chuo

SPOILER:

*The male lead and the female lead was a childhood sweetheart but then she has to marry an emperor.

Jin Xin Si Yu -upcoming- (Wallace Chung *again:lol:* and Tan Song Yun)

https://mydramalist.com/58945-jin-xin-si-yu

General's Lady -upcoming- (Caesar Wu and Tang Min)

https://mydramalist.com/42107-the-young-lady-of-the-general-s-house

Love Your Bones Forever 2 -upcoming- (Allen Ren and Bai Lu)

*from the synopsis, it sound like a tragedy or sad ending

https://mydramalist.com/63781-love-your-bones-forever-2

but their love story will have a sequal in modern period:

https://mydramalist.com/61865-love-your-bones-forever

What can I say, a male lead that can commands an army on the battlefield and hopelessly in love with his lady make me swoon so hard. No matter whether their romance story is a fluffy or a tragedy, as a hopeless romantic idiot, I will watch all dramas with theme like this for sure:P 

Feel free to add other similar dramas into the list! 

fox tv sharing GIF by American Grit

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

@enzek  his family represents the lion since they guard the palace. Every time I see the two lion outside the door I’m like it’s the Xue brothers. 
and I agree with you I’m thankful they made the ending happy

Two good looking brothers:w00t:

Other than happy ending, I like that although Xue brothers fall in love with the same woman, they weren't fighting with each other. Not that I'm happy with Xue Yao's brother death of course, but I don't like to see the physical fight between them.

I read that there are some people mentioned that they hope Xue Mu still alive so they can see a love triangle between Xue Yao, Chu Yue & Xue Mu. They also want to see the Xue's brothers fighting with each other because of Chu Yue:blink: 

Me:

confused jon stewart GIF 

What so good about the close brothers/cousins/friends fighting with each other whether verbally or physically because one woman in dramas? And then the second male lead who is also the main male lead close brother/cousin/friend will become pitiful at the end and us audience will get heartbroken because in Asian dramas, the main female lead will always get together with the main male lead at the end unless you agree and accept the main female lead to practice polyandry.

• Like 3

@enzek why have them fight each other I rather have them be friends look up to one another instead of fighting over one girl like hello there’s more girls out there than just the main girl. I never understood those types of plot yes some are good but most of it is boring and doesn’t go anywhere.

Speaking of ancient dramas im more of a fighting action ancient dramas kind of person like strange hero yi zhi mei ugh I love Wallace huo he’s hot lol (he’s scruffy looking in there) or ever night love that drama and it’s fighting scenes looks so real haha I don’t like slow fighting scenes or when they fly all slow it annoys me. (All SP has lol but I still love the drama) I like the Kung fu too look a little more realistic. I’m into the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s ancient dramas the tvb and atv era lol you know like justice bao, legend of the condor heroes, return of the condor heroes, the great general and the yang family etc the taiwan one too like princess huai yu those types of period dramas were my favorite (sorry for the long post and off topic) but ZYC as XY reminded me of those dramas and why I like his character 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

as always: thanks for sharing, everyone!! here's my long post lol

@BreezeC thanks for sharing that xDDDDD it does quite seem to be XC at first and then little XM omgggg how hilarious!!!!!! haha like @teletubby lala said:

18 hours ago, teletubby lala said:

So xm is smart, witty, cheeky and a trouble maker, like mother like son! :)

i completely agree xD and hmm if there's EVER a season 2 it should be about the son who grew up to also become a great general (sorry XY lol) but he's not your typical cold and rough leader but he's also kind, friendly, playful, mischievous, witty, and of course clever like CY xD the army respects and admires his personality and charisma so they all follow him LOL idk i wanna see that with a FL who is a serious, intelligent, and assertive person who is also capable of fighting. idek how the plot can be but i just wanna see the comparison haha!

@SIMNEE TING welcome and thanks for sharing!! TSP really made us into new people xD 

-i really enjoyed reading how you got hooked with the drama. ML and FL are so amazing for making us fall this hard for the drama!!

-the part where you talk about XM's love and his letter talking about GS and WW.....oh gosh i couldn't agree more. it's Such a heartwrenching part of the drama which makes me love the drama even moreeee than i already do <///3 sometimes i love to suffer LOL but yeah i really love how the writer framed XM's character and story.....his role is so significant and lasting sigh

-i love how you pointed out that the "beginning of that soberness" was when XY woke up after being drunk - so true, both literally and metaphorically!

16 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

XM love was just not meant to be. He held no high position, no war merits because of his hostage position, he could never request to marry a princess. It is like his purpose was his love that was to protect the two persons he loved most. XY and CY. Without him passing, XY will always be a cheeky little brother behind the cool matured responsible XM. He would not have gone to wars, fight, experience heinousness and pain of wars, grew up and became a man he is. And it is that kind of man that CY need. because of XY war experience which was carved into his bone and soul (the smell of blood on XY) that he could suppressed CY nightmares. He is CY's fated one. XY only have the chance because XM died. The loop is completed. So XM did protect CY till the end, his love lived in XY. 

-i absolutely LOVED what you wrote here so i quoted it lol....i teared up a bit q_____q ESPECIALLY this part "The loop is completed. So XM did protect CY till the end, his love lived in XY." ohhhhh man that hit me right in the feels x(((( tooooo tragic for my poor lil heart!!!!!!!!!! but i love it all the more xD

-as heartbreaking and tragic as XM's story was, everything was meant to be..it was fate, so I'm sorry and even more thankful to XM :(( he stays as one of my Fave characters in dramaland

-GASPPPPPPPPPPP :OOOOOOOOOOOO ohmygoodness what you wrote about how Xue's men were designated for CY....thAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!!! CY's father DID tell the king that the country was at peace now and he wanted to stop reading/changing the future to go home to be with CY...i mean i think part of why he wanted to stop was bc he saw smth bad happen to CY and he was reaching the final deep sleep consequence anyway. but still, what you say really does make sense - the kingdom was at peace mostly bc of the sacrifice that CY's dad made..everything fell into place ;___; that's beautiful

-great insight on XY's role as the Fated One and the theme of min chung ren....very cool

-LOL i agree with the 15 mins wasted...no need for me to elaborate.....lol and if they made the ending like you said where there is a happy reunion at Xue Manor, that would be sooo good...not even 15mins but even 5mins will do....just a quick update will do for me, like how they showed the characters in the alley when GS was passing by carrying WW

-your finals thoughts were very important lessons for the audience!! i think this drama is so unique...it shows such a deep and genuine feeling of love between the ML and FL........i love it q____q and to top it off, their chemistry is just skyrocketing

@enzek yes!!!! the realistic part of the open ending tugs strongly at my heart and i appreciate it but....i sooooo wanted a happy ending for our couple and I'm really really grateful they decided on a happy ending during filming ;___;

LOL i am also a hopeless romantic....if a drama has a weak or uninteresting plot to me, I'll most likely at Least sit thru all the cute scenes they have together xD

@Montato91 ohhh now that you mention it, even in one of the promotional posters, he had a lion in his picture! great point!!

@enzek omg!! what an interesting comment lol I'm with you tho, the drama wouldn't be that interesting if they just...fought over the same woman. XM's bravery and love for BOTH XY and CY was what made Such an impact in the story..i can't imagine how things would've been if he just came back to life and tried to claim his love for CY

• Like 1

Thanks @Montato91, @enzek, @BreezeC, @honeytime and many more who have contributed your views, links and clips.

Agree with @SIMNEE TING that the loop is complete. It wouldn’t make sense for XM to come back from the dead as the birth stone cannot resurrect the death. 

I doubt that there will be a sequel as the only plot will be for XC to have a girl, then shift will be XC be the ML. same if Xue Meng would grow up to be a general. At best I think the director will cast both ZYC and HYX as leads in upcoming drama. We can only keep our fingers crossed.

I feel very emotional about the part where CY sacrifice for her last chance for not only her loved ones but all those in the palace including Prince Ning who tried to harm her. She knows that XM and TY died for her and she doesn’t want anymore of her loved ones to die, hence she told her father her life would be meaningless without her loved ones and turn back time. I am glad her sacrifice did not end as predicted. We’ll be bawling our eyes out then. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, honeytime said:

as always: thanks for sharing, everyone!! here's my long post lol

@BreezeC thanks for sharing that xDDDDD it does quite seem to be XC at first and then little XM omgggg how hilarious!!!!!! haha like @teletubby lala said:

i completely agree xD and hmm if there's EVER a season 2 it should be about the son who grew up to also become a great general (sorry XY lol) but he's not your typical cold and rough leader but he's also kind, friendly, playful, mischievous, witty, and of course clever like CY xD the army respects and admires his personality and charisma so they all follow him LOL idk i wanna see that with a FL who is a serious, intelligent, and assertive person who is also capable of fighting. idek how the plot can be but i just wanna see the comparison haha!

@SIMNEE TING welcome and thanks for sharing!! TSP really made us into new people xD 

-i really enjoyed reading how you got hooked with the drama. ML and FL are so amazing for making us fall this hard for the drama!!

-the part where you talk about XM's love and his letter talking about GS and WW.....oh gosh i couldn't agree more. it's Such a heartwrenching part of the drama which makes me love the drama even moreeee than i already do <///3 sometimes i love to suffer LOL but yeah i really love how the writer framed XM's character and story.....his role is so significant and lasting sigh

-i love how you pointed out that the "beginning of that soberness" was when XY woke up after being drunk - so true, both literally and metaphorically!

-i absolutely LOVED what you wrote here so i quoted it lol....i teared up a bit q_____q ESPECIALLY this part "The loop is completed. So XM did protect CY till the end, his love lived in XY." ohhhhh man that hit me right in the feels x(((( tooooo tragic for my poor lil heart!!!!!!!!!! but i love it all the more xD

-as heartbreaking and tragic as XM's story was, everything was meant to be..it was fate, so I'm sorry and even more thankful to XM :(( he stays as one of my Fave characters in dramaland

-GASPPPPPPPPPPP :OOOOOOOOOOOO ohmygoodness what you wrote about how Xue's men were designated for CY....thAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!!! CY's father DID tell the king that the country was at peace now and he wanted to stop reading/changing the future to go home to be with CY...i mean i think part of why he wanted to stop was bc he saw smth bad happen to CY and he was reaching the final deep sleep consequence anyway. but still, what you say really does make sense - the kingdom was at peace mostly bc of the sacrifice that CY's dad made..everything fell into place ;___; that's beautiful

-great insight on XY's role as the Fated One and the theme of min chung ren....very cool

-LOL i agree with the 15 mins wasted...no need for me to elaborate.....lol and if they made the ending like you said where there is a happy reunion at Xue Manor, that would be sooo good...not even 15mins but even 5mins will do....just a quick update will do for me, like how they showed the characters in the alley when GS was passing by carrying WW

-your finals thoughts were very important lessons for the audience!! i think this drama is so unique...it shows such a deep and genuine feeling of love between the ML and FL........i love it q____q and to top it off, their chemistry is just skyrocketing

@enzek yes!!!! the realistic part of the open ending tugs strongly at my heart and i appreciate it but....i sooooo wanted a happy ending for our couple and I'm really really grateful they decided on a happy ending during filming ;___;

LOL i am also a hopeless romantic....if a drama has a weak or uninteresting plot to me, I'll most likely at Least sit thru all the cute scenes they have together xD

@Montato91 ohhh now that you mention it, even in one of the promotional posters, he had a lion in his picture! great point!!

@enzek omg!! what an interesting comment lol I'm with you tho, the drama wouldn't be that interesting if they just...fought over the same woman. XM's bravery and love for BOTH XY and CY was what made Such an impact in the story..i can't imagine how things would've been if he just came back to life and tried to claim his love for CY

You cannot claim the love of anyone when it never has been, that is the case of XM!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, BreezeC said:

For anyone that is interested in ZYC's character in Mirror: Twin Cities "Zhen Lan" - since this is a fantasy/mystical drama, my Chinese is lacking on all the details but I think I got the gist of the storyline for him...but if anyone knows the story, feel free to correct me :)

Reveal hidden contents

ZL is a half-blooded prince who grew up with his mother's tribe. I heard his character is carefree, fun, and a gentleman. (From all the comments I read) His father is the ruler (I don't believe he is a good ruler) and because of all his sons fighting/killing each others, the country end up with no successor to the throne. As a result, they seek out ZL, the last surviving descendant of the royal bloodline, and made him the prince against his struggle (Someone mentioned they killed his mother's entire tribe in the process?) and arranged his marriage with the FL. The FL have her own unique background and she was isolated in a tower. For certain political or power struggles, the ML (a slave at this time) was brought to the tower and the FL and ML felt in love. 

Later it was brought to light of the ML and FL close relationship, and FL was said to be 'tainted' and should be executed. ZL felt sorry for the FL and decided to marry her to save her life. In a way, he also felt she is very similar to his situation, bound by status to take on a life they don't want without any freedom. Later the FL jumped off the tower (not sure the reason why) and was saved by angels or fairies and fell into a deep slumber. Meanwhile, the kingdom was invaded and overthrown by another sect/tribe and ZL because of his "royal" blood, he can't be killed? As a result, they teared him apart into 5 pieces (ouch - but probably won't make it in the drama lol) The FL managed to wake up and saved his head (lol) while his other 4 body parts where sealed in different areas of the world. (His first appearance in the novel is one of the other main female character accidentally releasing his arm and then they made a deal together). Meanwhile, the FL sacrificed her physical being and opened up a mystical realm as a safe haven for their people. Therefore, ZL (as a head) and the FL (as a spirit) lived together for over 100 years as companion and I believe ZL fell in love with her during this time as they have the same goal to resurrect their country and bring back peace and justice to the land.

ZL loves the FL but also knows the FL loves the ML. There is several books to this story but it basically begins with the ML's return (thinking the FL died or he lost his memory) and then they worked together to restore peace to the land. ZL also get his entire body back and learned to accept his responsibilities to his people. (The ML story is also pretty sad but it is too complicated for me to understand lol)

Ending spoiler:

At the end, ZL restored his country and became a great ruler with years of prosperity. The FL left to be with the ML. ZL never got married again and he became the last of his royal bloodline as he don't want anyone to be like him, to be bound by his bloodline. He reached the end of his life; however, the day before he pass away, he had a dream. The FL came to visit him and promise in the next lifetime they will be together. With this promise, he passed away. 

I think this will be a good opportunity for ZYC if the plot holds up and the production do a good job with the filming because it is a challenging role with character development and growth. The most concerning is the CGI because this is a fantasy drama but ZL should be a likable character if they stay true to the novel and execute it properly. :elated:

Thank you for the info of Zheng Ye Cheng's character in his next drama. 

What happen to his physical body make me O_O haish poor guy. From your summary it seem it will be quite sad.

But I'm sure he will gives his best performance as Zhen Lan and as his fan I will watch the drama for him.

Also, thank you to all of the info and recap contributor of this drama,

@BreezeC  @SC2019  @WinCee  @angelflower  and others.

I'm really grateful that you guys willing to share and enlightened us about this drama.

Imagine if you watch the drama without understanding the language and the English subtitle is like this:blink:

Spoiler

credit to FengShui @Blink_Ikun_Shen on twitter

So thank you so muchhh guys! Without all your help, the international fan like me would be so lost!

I'm also so grateful for all of the "The Sleepless Princess" team hard work just so audience like us could enjoyed this drama. Thank you for giving us a drama with an enjoyable journey and a happy ending!

credit to marktatuk @tukta550 on twitter

I hope Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan will reunite again in another drama with a good plot and sensible ending.

Their chemistry together is so amazing!

credit to HRinged planetNHEarth globe americasN @birazdiziciyay on twitter

And they are so adorable:wub:
credit to marktatuk @tukta550 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Dear All, 

Tq so much for all ur response.. I still havent grasp how to tag and use quote here. @dragonfly @honeytime @mblgoh  u all are very encouraging in ur response to my thoughts on TSP. Makes me so happy. Tqsm to fellow fan @enzek who share about upcoming series. Jin xin si yu is def on my watch list.. Wallace chung yes as general whoosh... And the ot general lady too... .need another good drama quick to detox frommTSP.. But the chemistry between hopefully as good if not better eh... Haha... 

I just realise something which i think all of you will love. Their son's is name 盟 means an oath, alliance and promise. N the best bit is the comtains XY amd CY name. His name 曜 yao has a sun in it and her name yue is the moon. That isvthe top bit of meng. For such details, This scriptwriter is a keeper. Must watch out for his work in the future. 

By the way can anyone tell me, when was XY aha-she-is- the- one moment? I was like rewatching ep1 to 18 n could not point out his aha moment. There was :

the apple shooting/horse riding when he realise she may not be so bad after all n she was kinda different from the usual noble gals,

the dungeon prison n moment when he was touched by her go to hell promise, ,

then the spin her the garden move followed by the pick up aunty moment when he was stunned by her beauty esp her smile and keep seeing it after,

lord bei zhe and the aftermath moment when he thought she was molested and he wanted to protect her by guarding her in her sleep. All the soft spots were emerging. 

then the garden moment when she asked how he made her sleep n wanted to watch liren flowers with him this year and how they had a big quarel about her lying to him about being molested and how he came rushing back from the camp when he saw she send him liren flower and found her being punished by aunty. All protective instinct turn on. (could it be this moment but i think he felt very hurt by the lying more). 

The fan lou episode when she kissed him to protect another 'man' and make him so angry on the street yet he still walked her home. I saw him shaking his head twice n sighing.. That look of what am i going to do with u hahaha . (could it be this point??? The i m hopelessly in love moment) 

Their hot kiss in the pond (haha that was smothering) and then him carrying her back from XC manor saying he did not want her to be unhappy n she had him as family and Xue is her home now. 

Her telling him truth in the palace was such a sad moment for them both. He did not listen n was too pre occuoied with yun fei incident. Very angst moment fot me. Arrrggghh listem up u idiot!!! Such important information.

He already asked what was it that u hv that the assassins is going after. If only he listened. Sigh. 

The birthday parade and all i could see was guilt and lots of  concern. 

Jump off the cliff amd cave episode definitely show he was in love d but lots of guilt there. 

Or is it at the ancestral hall when the aunty said maybe ur best solution will be divorce if u were to go on investigating. N him rushing into aunty room when CY was called.. He was scared all right. It was so on his face. He thought aunty maybe suggest divorce with CY. 

But i was looking for the realisation moment for him. Anyone has any thiughts on this? N can someone tell me how on earth he can carry her so effortlessly... I m seriously amazed. No matter how skiinny she is i m Sure with clothings n all 50kg is min. He just swiped her off her feet and walk around with ease, steps strong n back straight. He makes her feel weightless. Did he use some techniques? One of the period drama with most carry her scenes all beautifully done. 

ZyC is a really good actor esp at his age. His expression of love, guilt, pain, torn, joy, tenderness, anger all were so easily read by audience and goes to touch our hearts. He has a perfect physique for period costume drama. Lean amd tall. Costume drama needed to pile on layers of clothes n if actor is too bulky to start off with... It will not look good. That is why wallace chung looks good im costume drama too. U need tall lean actors with no gymmer looking bulk. I woukd not mind a sequel like a 12 episode of them with their kids maybe a sister hehe... Could be XY is needed by XC to fight the ambitious xizhao state who is at it again, amd unravelling the mystery of birth rock and burying it for good so that it will not affect their daughter maybe... Maybe She inherited the stone from beautiful mommy. But the line will be like story of minglan/last bit of general amd i... Where there No angst between husband n wife but lots of love for each other and two loyal ppl to the nation, working together to resolve many things together. N of cause XC love line. Lots of funny moment too. Mr scriptwriter i think u can do it. Hehe.... Oh well.. I can only hope.

Edited by SIMNEE TING
Mis paste
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Dear All, 

Tq so much for all ur response.. I still havent grasp how to tag and use quote here. @dragonfly @honeytime @mblgoh  u all are very encouraging in ur response to my thoughts on TSP. Makes me so happy. Tqsm to fellow fan @enzek who share about upcoming series. Jin xin si yu is def on my watch list.. Wallace chung yes as general whoosh... And the ot general lady too... .need another good drama quick to detox frommTSP.. But the chemistry between hopefully as good if not better eh... Haha... 

I just realise something which i think all of you will love. Their son's is name 盟 means an oath, alliance and promise. N the best bit is the comtains XY amd CY name. His name 曜 yao has a sun in it and her name yue is the moon. That isvthe top bit of meng. For such details, This scriptwriter is a keeper. Must watch out for his work in the future. 

By the way can anyone tell me, when was XY aha-she-is- the- one moment? I was like rewatching ep1 to 18 n could not point out his aha moment. There was :

the apple shooting/horse riding when he realise she may not be so bad after all n she was kinda different from the usual noble gals,

then the spin her the garden move followed by the pick up aunty moment when he was stunned by her beauty esp her smile and keep seeing it after,

lord bei zhe and the aftermath moment when he thought she was molested and he wanted to protect her by guarding her in her sleep. All the soft spots were emerging. 

then the garden moment when she asked how he made her sleep n wanted to watch liren flowers with him this year and how they had a big quarel about her lying to him about being molested and how he came rushing back from the camp when he saw she send him liren flower and found her being punished by aunty. All protective instinct turn on. (could it be this moment but i think he felt very hurt by the lying more). 

The fan lou episode when she kissed him to protect another 'man' and make him so angry on the street yet he still walked her home. I saw him shaking his head twice n sighing.. That look of what am i going to do with u hahaha . (could it be this point??? The i m hopelessly in love moment) 

Their hot kiss in the pond (haha that was smothering) and then him carrying her back from XC manor saying he did not want her to be unhappy n she had him as family and Xue is her home now. 

Her telling him truth in the palace was such a sad moment for them both. He did not listen n was too pre occuoied with yun fei incident. Very angst moment fot me. Arrrggghh listem up u idiot!!! Such important information.

He already asked what was it that u hv that the assassins is going after. If only he listened. Sigh. 

Jump off the cliff amd cave episode definitely show he was in love d but lots of guilt there. 

Or is it at the ancestral hall when the aunty said maybe ur best solution will be divorce if u were to go on investigating. N him rushing into aunty room when CY was called.. He was scared all right. It was so on his face. He thought aunty maybe suggest divorce with CY. 

But i was looking for the realisation moment for him. Anyone has any thiughts on this? N can someone tell me how on earth he can carry her so effortlessly... I m seriously amazed. No matter how skiinny she is i m Sure with clothings n all 50kg is min. He just swiped her off her feet and walk around with ease, steps strong n back straight. He makes her feel weightless. Did he use some techniques? One of the period drama with most carry her scenes all beautifully done. 

ZyC is a really good actor esp at his age. His expression of love, guilt, pain, torn, joy, tenderness, anger all were so easily read by audience and goes to touch our hearts. He has a perfect physique for period costume drama. Lean amd tall. Costume drama needed to pile on layers of clothes n if actor is too bulky to start off with... It will not look good. That is why wallace chung looks good im costume drama too. U need tall lean actors with no gymmer looking bulk. I woukd not mind a sequel like a 12 episode of them with their kids maybe a sister hehe... Could be XY is needed by XC to fight the ambitious xizhao state who is at it again, amd unravelling the mystery of birth rock and burying it for good so that it will not affect their daughter maybe... Maybe She inherited the stone from beautiful mommy. But the line will be like story of minglan/last bit of general amd i... Where there No angst between husband n wife but lots of love for each other and two loyal ppl to the nation, working together to resolve many things together. N of cause XC love line. Lots of funny moment too. Mr scriptwriter i think u can do it. Hehe.... Oh well.. I can only hope.

@SIMNEE TINGThanks for your insight. It’s always enjoyable to read your post. I also have not got a hang of tagging , inserting videos etc. 

It was enlightening regarding the name of XY and CY in X Meng’s name.

Personally to me the moment XY takes notice of CY was in Ep 6 when she was planning her escape in the pretext of picking up ‘Gumu’ (姑母 paternal aunt). She stood on the carriage wearing the hat XY gave her and turned to look at him . She thought she will not be seeing him again. With that image of her in his mind, he was very distracted throughout the day as remarked by BLQ.

Agree with you regarding birthday parade and jumping off the cliff. That’s guilt there. His character is one who keeps his feelings to himself. It’s all bits and pieces here and there. In the carriage (in Ep 18 after the falling off the cliff )when CY draw the prison on the ground on his palm, his heart was in turmoil as he has already lost his heart to her. He was torn because if the Emperor has link to his brother’s death the relationship between the both will get even more complex.

Like you I enjoyed the hot kiss in the pond. 
I like his character when he’s shy with her in the epilogue when he suggested expanding their family . His actions speak of his deep love for her, it was a tacit sort of love. His care and concern for her In Ep 34 when she went by foot without shoes to find him after seeing him die . He told BLQ to find out what’s happening. His character compliments hers as she’s good at placating people when they are upset while he’s outwardly strict but he’s a softie when it comes to her as evident when he lets her tie the black string to his wrist when they share the same room. Imagine how uncomfortable it is to sleep like that.
You’ve got great ideas you can be a scriptwriter.

ZYC has so much practice carrying HYX with so many carrying scenes so he has mastered it . It looks like she’s enjoying being carried. 

Edited by mblgoh
  • Like 4

it's 11pm and my baby nephew is sleeping over so i can't write as much as i want to x( lol but here goes ~

@enzek thanks for sharing those links!! the last clip made me sooo happy omg they're So cute together!!! 

@SIMNEE TING -woah that's a super interesting little fact about their son's name!! i absolutely Love it when scriptwriters put effort even on the small details. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the director and screenwriter's future works!!!

-for XY's "ah-hah!" moment......I'm not too sure lol I'd have to rewatch the drama from the beginning to be confident in my answer!!! if i have time I'll be sure to come up with my own response ;____; I've been busier and more exhausted than usual these days

-however, reading your post did bring a smile to my face bc i was remembering the scenes that you're talking about xD just thinking about the scenes can make me this happy haha how amazing!!! this doesn't happen often at all

-for me i think he started developing romantic feelings for CY before the scene where she gave him that stunning smile in front of the carriage, but im unsure if this was his realization moment. i do however feel like at this part he was a little confused (in a good way) by her actions bc she was behaving quite differently from her usual mischievous naughty self lol since she was being EXTRA sweet to him..maybe this was when his heart started warming up to her? and then when he kept seeing her smile in his mind, i feel like that was his first few stages of denial like "dang it, why do i keep thinking about her....."

-HAHA i loved the street scene overall..but yes it was soo cute and funny when he would just shake his head and sigh..kind of like "she's unbelievable...whatever i give up" xD i feel like maybe his "ah-hah!" moment was before this scene tho, since he decided to just yield to her so easily and hopelessly

-once i have time to properly rewatch, I'll try to respond with what i think his "ah-hah!" moment might be

-i agree that it was sad for both CY and XY when she was telling him her secret..she trusted him that much and decided to be so vulnerable in front of him and yet..his mind was preoccupied with something so incredibly troubling to him. it was just bad timing for them both :((

-LOL when he carries her....i just keep remembering all those BTS clips!! I'm sure he does struggle, but he definitely does an OUTSTANDING job making it seem much easier than it is xD i applaud his workouts and his amazing endurance!! also i agree...those carrying scenes are done so beautifully..

-lol great ideas for a sequel xD mr.scriptwriter if you're reading this.......my wish is for ZYC and HYX to work together again as love interests in another good plot and sensible storyline, please...tbh anything is good as long as we get to see them together again in a drama that is not too terrible lol

5 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

ZyC is a really good actor esp at his age. His expression of love, guilt, pain, torn, joy, tenderness, anger all were so easily read by audience and goes to touch our hearts. He has a perfect physique for period costume drama. Lean amd tall. 

-i agree. i Completely agree lol i want to elaborate but to save time i won't xD he just did exceptionally well in TSP

-but i do want to admit that at first i felt XY looked a little stiff...meaning that i felt like ZYC looked a little stiff and awkward acting out some of XY's expressions. i can't remember what scenes exactly or when i felt this way, but i know it was near the beginning of the drama. but thennn of course i grew to reallyyyy and completely love and admire ZYC's performance as XY!! I'm sold lol

okay goodnight zzzz hopefully my baby nephew sleeps thru the night!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

Dear All, 

So, i'm currently re-watching and i don't know if there's any big, specific AHA moment. But what i really like about this drama is that they both fall for each other slowly and then...completely and it's through these little moments that their love and affection gorw. I think CY even says sth like this Naxi in one of the episodes.

By episode 10, it's so completely clear they both care for each other but for various reasons they hold back/don't express or don't even fully realise they've fallen for each other. I like those little moments. I also like that the scriptwriter took these two characters that are so completely different - one outwardly expressive, the other who holds everything in his heart ( i think that's actually a realistic expression of how people are or can be)  instead of filling the drama with all these supposed grand gestures only. Yes, he gradiosely saves her many times but it's also the quiet moments and smaller actions that really make you fall in love.

@SIMNEE TING thank you so much for posting! i'm really enjoying the conversations and i love your insightful thoughts! it's really great to re-watch and share all these thoughts and feelings! and thank you to everyone else too! i love reading about everyone's ideas and thoughts!

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm kind of feeling like i wanna fall in love too!!! (LOLLLL)

• Love 1