[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

I don't know if there are some people around here after the drama is finished. but the scenes are still spinning in my head.

8 hours ago, dragonfly said:

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm kind of feeling like i wanna fall in love too!!! (LOLLLL)

I know this feeling.I've known it from the time I watched the beginning episodes.

Last time I watched Descendant of the Sun w. Song Song couple, I was like that too. They loved each other in drama, but I felt that I'm truly in love. It's real.The feeling is real. And it did come true.

We don't only watch the drama, we are a character there, we live w him/her, feel sad/happy w him/her.

As the director said,(translated by someone in this topic) the actors & actress play with real emotions, the audiences watch with real emotions.

1 hour ago, teletubby lala said:

I hv finished watching the second time. Now i'm watching all the bts again and I listen to the all the SP  songs every day! 

Oh, you re-watch even more than me haha.... I watch the 2nd time, and I'm at the 27th eps. now. Glad to know that someone is addictive like me hihi....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I also like that the scriptwriter took these two characters that are so completely different - one outwardly expressive, the other who holds everything in his heart ( i think that's actually a realistic expression of how people are or can be)  instead of filling the drama with all these supposed grand gestures only. Yes, he gradiosely saves her many times but it's also the quiet moments and smaller actions that really make you fall in love.

I really like the way you worded this! i had a smile on my face while reading it haha i agree tho.....especically with XY, he does a lot of small things that are so gentle and sweet........he can make me swoon so hard even with the smallest thing x(( his looks are just a bonus on top of the general's loving character!!!

also, the way CY and XY look at each other.....oh my....ZYC and HYX do such a FANTASTIC job portraying the looks of love and admiration and excitement and happiness and care and longing that the characters have for each other......it's just so perfect sigh lol

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm kind of feeling like i wanna fall in love too!!! (LOLLLL)

LOLLLLL whenever i watch dramas i always feel that way....but im too busy and stressed in real life to bother falling in love xD I'll stick to experiencing love through dramas hahah thanks to XY and CY, I've been in love this past month :")

@teletubby lala @hmrhn i haven't finished watching the whole drama yet lol oops.....still waiting for eng subs xD but when i do rewatch old episodes, sometimes i can't even get past an episode because i spend too much time rewinding to rewatch the cute/funny scenes!!!!!! our princess and general have SUCH GOOOOOOOD chemistry i can't help but smile and fangirl even in the smallest scenes....lol

happy to still see posts on this topic every now and then ~

• Like 3

@dragonfly @honeytime @mblgoh yes maybe there is no aha moment. Like what you all say, she grew on him till the point in the garden when she invited him for lunch prior to follow XC back for 3 days, he turned around and say in his heart...what am i going to do with you...i think it is that moment when he knew she is there in his heart to stay. how matter how ridiculous, outrageous she is...he is not able to get rid of her. And the first time she slept with him after the Lord Beizhe incident when she got too close and touch his nose...i think his heart looked like it thumping and going wild. And she isnt even trying most of  time. Poor guy...XY character is so cool and logical, he is thrown into turmoil when it comes to CY. Head, heart all over the places. And everytime he is frustrated with her he called her by full name.. XCY. hahahaha....

i love CY character and HYX portraying her. She is honestly the cutest actress. first 2 episodes i din think she was pretty at all, maybe it is the fringe...but after all her antics like climbing the wall, i thought to myself..she is cute, she doesnt act cute. She just is. She light up the screen each time. They were beautiful to look at. Maybe that is why all of us here are having a hard time trying to get over it. I just wish we have more of them in calm time. i really wish to see something like story of minglan when the couple just completely trust each other and how they used their wits and togetherness to fight external forces. U got to have full trust to give your backs to your halves. Till other ppl (enemy) recognise how lethal you are as a couple and try to separate you both.  But i guess in a way, TSP couple was portrayed as young, whereas in minglan and general and i, the couple are considered to be matured, so less angsty, painful moments.

Also i want mentioned that there is great signficance with their names. XC means star and CY is moon. Moon and star are naturallly together, accompanying one another in the dark nights. And that was how they have always been with XC and CY. XY the yao is brillance, shine, bright rays...it is about sun and yao has a sun in it. Moon and sun dont get to meet. in normal circumstances, they will not meet as one is day one is night. But in the last episode 35 the morning after they consummate and they were sitting by the lake. he pointed out to her and asked her to look into the sky..."look there is time when moon does meet the sun...before the moon set and when the sun rises". And she responded by" all the night i stayed awake was to wait for you" the moon was waiting for the sun to meet even if it is a short while.  It basically means it is not impossible. They are together albeit the impossible.

and XY also likes to use sun rises, moon sets in his promises to her, even in epilogue because to him, their love is not about this life and next life but forever, because sun and moon will always be there in no matter how many lives, as long as  the earth doesnt end. So as long as the sun rises and the moon sets, they will love each other. guess that is why we love the show..it is not a typical rom-com. the team needs to get everyone besides NX and the emperor (cant stand those two) back for something else, sequel or new drama. PLEASEEEEEEE!!! hear us!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SIMNEE TING said:

@dragonfly @honeytime @mblgoh yes maybe there is no aha moment. Like what you all say, she grew on him till the point in the garden when she invited him for lunch prior to follow XC back for 3 days, he turned around and say in his heart...what am i going to do with you...i think it is that moment when he knew she is there in his heart to stay. how matter how ridiculous, outrageous she is...he is not able to get rid of her. And the first time she slept with him after the Lord Beizhe incident when she got too close and touch his nose...i think his heart looked like it thumping and going wild. And she isnt even trying most of  time. Poor guy...XY character is so cool and logical, he is thrown into turmoil when it comes to CY. Head, heart all over the places. And everytime he is frustrated with her he called her by full name.. XCY. hahahaha....

i love CY character and HYX portraying her. She is honestly the cutest actress. first 2 episodes i din think she was pretty at all, maybe it is the fringe...but after all her antics like climbing the wall, i thought to myself..she is cute, she doesnt act cute. She just is. She light up the screen each time. They were beautiful to look at. Maybe that is why all of us here are having a hard time trying to get over it. I just wish we have more of them in calm time. i really wish to see something like story of minglan when the couple just completely trust each other and how they used their wits and togetherness to fight external forces. U got to have full trust to give your backs to your halves. Till other ppl (enemy) recognise how lethal you are as a couple and try to separate you both.  But i guess in a way, TSP couple was portrayed as young, whereas in minglan and general and i, the couple are considered to be matured, so less angsty, painful moments.

Also i want mentioned that there is great signficance with their names. XC means star and CY is moon. Moon and star are naturallly together, accompanying one another in the dark nights. And that was how they have always been with XC and CY. XY the yao is brillance, shine, bright rays...it is about sun and yao has a sun in it. Moon and sun dont get to meet. in normal circumstances, they will not meet as one is day one is night. But in the last episode 35 the morning after they consummate and they were sitting by the lake. he pointed out to her and asked her to look into the sky..."look there is time when moon does meet the sun...before the moon set and when the sun rises". And she responded by" all the night i stayed awake was to wait for you" the moon was waiting for the sun to meet even if it is a short while.  It basically means it is not impossible. They are together albeit the impossible.

and XY also likes to use sun rises, moon sets in his promises to her, even in epilogue because to him, their love is not about this life and next life but forever, because sun and moon will always be there in no matter how many lives, as long as  the earth doesnt end. So as long as the sun rises and the moon sets, they will love each other. guess that is why we love the show..it is not a typical rom-com. the team needs to get everyone besides NX and the emperor (cant stand those two) back for something else, sequel or new drama. PLEASEEEEEEE!!! hear us!!!

@SIMNEE TING you couldn’t have summarised better . Now that you mention I can see the characters in the Yao (sunlight) . Thanks for pointing that out. I like the way how you interlink the names of the three main characters and their relationship. Moon and stars go hand in hand.XC and CY support one another. CY’s name is befitting her as she’s always wandering in the night . Moon appears in the night . The sun (in XY’s name) symbolises life and strength. He is her pillar of strength as he’s the one who always rescues her and because of his killing aura( as mentioned by a viewer) she has a new lease of life instead of succumbing to coma after the 12th transformation. She is his everything. In episode 33 when she went to him after discovering the divorce letter, he said he cannot be happy without her. The script writer did a good job of the complete turnaround of his character from the earlier part of his marriage when he was rough and suspicious of her to when he realises he cannot live without her. He took care of her when she was temporarily blind. How difficult that must be for him when he believed that she was pregnant with XC’s child.

It was an impactful analogy of the moon and sun not meeting each other. 

The drama could have done better without Naxi and Prince Ning. They are superfluous. 

I agree that HYX is effortlessly cute. Some FL try so hard to be cute only to end up being annoying. I enjoyed the scene when XY fastened the anklet for her and she looked up at him and asked if she’s a dog. He asked if she’s going to run/escape and she cheekily shook her head and she replied she will not run. Her expression is so adorable. 

Thanks again @SIMNEE TINGfor the enlightening and enjoyable discussion. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts and views.

Hopefully the two will reunite in more future dramas .

• Like 3

WOW, I really enjoy reading all your views here. Totally agree that HYX is  naturally cute. Loves her antics and expressions. They are so natural and hilarious. I can just die laughing at her cute antics the first few eps. Just love the way XY&CY look/stare at each other, they look so real...like two lovebirds admiring each other. 

Hope they get the chance to reunite in future.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, honeytime said:

also, the way CY and XY look at each other.....oh my....ZYC and HYX do such a FANTASTIC job portraying the looks of love and admiration and excitement and happiness and care and longing that the characters have for each other......it's just so perfect sigh lol

LOLLLLL whenever i watch dramas i always feel that way....but im too busy and stressed in real life to bother falling in love xD I'll stick to experiencing love through dramas hahah thanks to XY and CY, I've been in love this past month :")

Usually, i'm so busy and stressed too! LOL. But this drama changed me , honestly!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 9/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, Montato91 said:

The second wedding scene gets to me every time :tears:

and then when she’s in jail triple stab in the heart  :bawling: my feelings gets played after they divorce 

I think this episode will air today with subs - cue tears!!!

Even though i can't get myself to watch A love of 1000 years, and I can't watch ZYC with another FL just yet - I am going to check out ZLS new drama: dating in the kitchen

Anyone with me?

43 minutes ago, dragonfly said:

I think this episode will air today with subs - cue tears!!!

Even though i can't get myself to watch A love of 1000 years, and I can't watch ZYC with another FL just yet - I am going to check out ZLS new drama: dating in the kitchen

Anyone with me?

I’ve watched the first 2 episodes if DITK. It was ok but ML is very much older than FL. No one can beat ZYC though I didn’t watch Love of 1000 years. I still think ZLS is better with Ryan Ding than ZYC

• Like 2

So busy lately, haven't had time to chat with you all, but love to pop in here and see how you are all doing! Gonna take some time to rewatch ep. 29 - 32 as the subs are out. TSP isn't over yet for some of us. Does anyone want to or know how we can start a forum page dedicated solely for our lead actors, so we can follow their future works?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

So busy lately, haven't had time to chat with you all, but love to pop in here and see how you are all doing! Gonna take some time to rewatch ep. 29 - 32 as the subs are out. TSP isn't over yet for some of us. Does anyone want to or know how we can start a forum page dedicated solely for our lead actors, so we can follow their future works?

You can create a shipper page under shipper thread so you can post anything about both of them. Or you could create individual page for each of them under actor thread.  Otherwise you can create a website dedicates to them.  You create a Facebook page for them and and invite people to join and update any news.  I would follow if you create a Facebook page 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

finally caught up reading everyone's posts!! hope you're all well ♡ here's my long post hehe

i agree with you all.........HYX is Such a cute actress..she really brought life to CY's character :") I've said this before but i mean it more each time, that i cannot imagine a different actress playing CY!! HYX did so well and she's sooooo naturally and smoothly adorable...and even in the serious or emotional scenes she did great...she's truly a gem and i can't wait to see how she portrays her future roles!!

On 9/14/2020 at 1:02 AM, SIMNEE TING said:

how matter how ridiculous, outrageous she is...he is not able to get rid of her. And the first time she slept with him after the Lord Beizhe incident when she got too close and touch his nose...i think his heart looked like it thumping and going wild. And she isnt even trying most of  time. Poor guy...XY character is so cool and logical, he is thrown into turmoil when it comes to CY. Head, heart all over the places. And everytime he is frustrated with her he called her by full name.. XCY. hahahaha....

-oh gosh i love that scene!!!!!!! (i just realized i probably say that about...almost every scene LOLL) when her lips touched his nose...and when he kept looking at her lips *sigh* also the way he gently tried removing her fingers/hand from his arm..it was such a soft gesture and it touched my heart x( he was starting to be impacted by her presence LOL and he was so flustered the next morning when she kept asking him what he did to her that night xD but i really REALLY love this about the princess and general!!!! how she completely turned his world upside down, and like you said she didn’t even try most of the time!!! she's a kind of "sweet chaos" in his life.....she's chaotic and has disrupted his ideal calm life..and yet he loves it so much because it's so sweet. she's changed his life including all of ours :")

-moreover i find that CY's character isn't too too chaotic? like she isn't overbearing, or way too cute or clumsy or senseless and stuff. idk how to explain it but she's just. awesome the way she is. she doesn't make XY's life crazy in a way that annoys me lol she did it in all the best ways xD 

-ohhh i haven't seen Story of Ming Lan before but that seems like an ideal kind of love life for me haha i mean minus the drama and family/royal politics lol i just treasure the deep trust and love between people

-woah thanks for sharing that bit about their names!!! i think i love this drama more the more we all talk about it and watch it and learn more about it..........everything is just so interesting and the small details are incredibly fascinating :O i mean of course there are plot holes and unnecessary stuff in the drama but lol that's okay too 

-not to mention......i love love LOVE sun/moon dynamics...I'm speechless TT_____TT the way the writers/director or whoever has incorporated these sun and moon comparisons and analogies...oh so soooo good for my heart <333333

she responded by" all the night i stayed awake was to wait for you"

as long as the sun rises and the moon sets, they will love each other.

i love that x((

On 9/14/2020 at 3:22 AM, mblgoh said:

I enjoyed the scene when XY fastened the anklet for her and she looked up at him and asked if she’s a dog. He asked if she’s going to run/escape and she cheekily shook her head and she replied she will not run. Her expression is so adorable. 

i really enjoyed this scene too....she is so, so cute and her outfit and hairstyle made her exceptionally cuter ohmy

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, lovehuche said:

You can create a shipper page under shipper thread so you can post anything about both of them. Or you could create individual page for each of them under actor thread.  Otherwise you can create a website dedicates to them.  You create a Facebook page for them and and invite people to join and update any news.  I would follow if you create a Facebook page 

Thanks for this! I was thinking of just creating actors pages, I don't think I could manage a fb page! Nor do I have any information that I could provide or updates etc. esp since I don't speak mandarin.

• Like 2

Was busy&hectic for the past few days. Glad that most of you are still around posting interesting views.         Totally agree that HYX is the best potraying CY. She brings out the best in XY characters ( make him angry, mad, shout, kick, and finally shedding tears of love). She is the cutest princess ! She makes the viewers laugh, cry, curse & swear and last but not least believe that love is beautiful. 

@xiaoxf you hv my full support too if you create the actors pages.  Will follow you. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@mblgoh & @teletubby lala Thanks! I'll think about it a little more, and research other actor's pages first! Want to do it right ofc. 

Does anyone know where I can get the bgm along with the OST? I've been trying to find the music to buy but have no idea where, the original YT mv there's voice over, and other videos I found the quality of the song is low, there's several compilation videos which is nice but I want the orig.