[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Montato91 said:

Lowered his head too I kept laughing 

I like it too. He knew what was coming when she said “one thousand letters” And the part when she chastised him “ Are you are a three year old child?” (when she discovered that XC wrote her one thousand letters and he’s been hiding them)So funny.!

• LOL 3

@enzek thank you so much for sharing those!!!

omg elmemoir's edit is so beautiful...and the MV ahhhhh it made me smile so much and it gave me lots of energy to get thru the day lol i just loooovvveeee the way they look at each other sigh

they look great with all the kiddos!!! wish we could've seen XY and CY interact with their kid more x((( 

just wanted to share this short fmv of the main couple's crying scenes TT_________TT when they cry, i cry toooooo

cr. to the person on Weibo!

• Like 1

For anyone that is interested in ZYC's character in Mirror: Twin Cities "Zhen Lan" - since this is a fantasy/mystical drama, my Chinese is lacking on all the details but I think I got the gist of the storyline for him...but if anyone knows the story, feel free to correct me :)

Spoiler

ZL is a half-blooded prince who grew up with his mother's tribe. I heard his character is carefree, fun, and a gentleman. (From all the comments I read) His father is the ruler (I don't believe he is a good ruler) and because of all his sons fighting/killing each others, the country end up with no successor to the throne. As a result, they seek out ZL, the last surviving descendant of the royal bloodline, and made him the prince against his struggle (Someone mentioned they killed his mother's entire tribe in the process?) and arranged his marriage with the FL. The FL have her own unique background and she was isolated in a tower. For certain political or power struggles, the ML (a slave at this time) was brought to the tower and the FL and ML felt in love. 

Later it was brought to light of the ML and FL close relationship, and FL was said to be 'tainted' and should be executed. ZL felt sorry for the FL and decided to marry her to save her life. In a way, he also felt she is very similar to his situation, bound by status to take on a life they don't want without any freedom. Later the FL jumped off the tower (not sure the reason why) and was saved by angels or fairies and fell into a deep slumber. Meanwhile, the kingdom was invaded and overthrown by another sect/tribe and ZL because of his "royal" blood, he can't be killed? As a result, they teared him apart into 5 pieces (ouch - but probably won't make it in the drama lol) The FL managed to wake up and saved his head (lol) while his other 4 body parts where sealed in different areas of the world. (His first appearance in the novel is one of the other main female character accidentally releasing his arm and then they made a deal together). Meanwhile, the FL sacrificed her physical being and opened up a mystical realm as a safe haven for their people. Therefore, ZL (as a head) and the FL (as a spirit) lived together for over 100 years as companion and I believe ZL fell in love with her during this time as they have the same goal to resurrect their country and bring back peace and justice to the land.

ZL loves the FL but also knows the FL loves the ML. There is several books to this story but it basically begins with the ML's return (thinking the FL died or he lost his memory) and then they worked together to restore peace to the land. ZL also get his entire body back and learned to accept his responsibilities to his people. (The ML story is also pretty sad but it is too complicated for me to understand lol)

Ending spoiler:

At the end, ZL restored his country and became a great ruler with years of prosperity. The FL left to be with the ML. ZL never got married again and he became the last of his royal bloodline as he don't want anyone to be like him, to be bound by his bloodline. He reached the end of his life; however, the day before he pass away, he had a dream. The FL came to visit him and promise in the next lifetime they will be together. With this promise, he passed away. 

I think this will be a good opportunity for ZYC if the plot holds up and the production do a good job with the filming because it is a challenging role with character development and growth. The most concerning is the CGI because this is a fantasy drama but ZL should be a likable character if they stay true to the novel and execute it properly. :elated:

@mblgoh Yep, noticed it right away because I have that on loop in my song playlist lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

Para cualquiera que esté interesado en el personaje de ZYC en Mirror: Twin Cities " Zhen Lan", dado que este es un drama místico / de fantasía, mi chino carece de todos los detalles, pero creo que entendí la esencia de la historia para él ... pero si alguien conoce la historia, siéntete libre de corregirme:)

Ocultar contenidos

ZL es un príncipe mestizo que creció con la tribu de su madre. Escuché que su personaje es despreocupado, divertido y caballeroso. (De todos los comentarios que leí) Su padre es el gobernante (no creo que sea un buen gobernante) y debido a que todos sus hijos se pelean / matan entre ellos, el país termina sin sucesor al trono. Como resultado, buscan a ZL, el último descendiente superviviente del linaje real, y lo convierten en príncipe contra su lucha (¿Alguien mencionó que mataron a toda la tribu de su madre en el proceso?) Y arreglaron su matrimonio con FL. La Florida tiene su propia experiencia y estaba aislada en una torre. Para ciertas luchas políticas o de poder, el ML (un esclavo en este momento) fue llevado a la torre y el FL y ML se enamoraron. 

Más tarde se sacó a la luz de la estrecha relación entre ML y FL, y se dijo que FL estaba "contaminada" y debería ser ejecutada. ZL sintió lástima por FL y decidió casarse con ella para salvar su vida. En cierto modo, también sintió que ella es muy similar a su situación, obligada por el estatus a asumir una vida que no quieren sin ninguna libertad. Más tarde, el FL saltó de la torre (no estoy seguro de la razón) y fue salvado por ángeles o hadas y cayó en un profundo sueño. Mientras tanto, el reino fue invadido y derrocado por otra secta / tribu y ZL debido a su sangre "real", ¿no puede ser asesinado? Como resultado, lo destrozaron en 5 pedazos (ouch, pero probablemente no lo lograrán en el drama jajaja). El FL logró despertarse y le salvó la cabeza (risas) mientras que sus otras 4 partes del cuerpo estaban selladas en diferentes áreas. del mundo. (Su primera aparición en la novela es que el otro personaje femenino principal suelta accidentalmente su brazo y luego hacen un trato juntos). Mientras tanto, FL sacrificó su ser físico y abrió un reino místico como refugio seguro para su gente. Por lo tanto, ZL (como cabeza) y FL (como espíritu) vivieron juntos durante más de 100 años como compañera y creo que ZL se enamoró de ella durante este tiempo, ya que tienen el mismo objetivo de resucitar a su país y devolver la paz. y justicia a la tierra.

ZL ama el FL pero también sabe que FL ama el ML. Hay varios libros sobre esta historia, pero básicamente comienza con el regreso de ML (pensando que FL murió o perdió la memoria) y luego trabajaron juntos para restaurar la paz en la tierra. ZL también recuperó todo su cuerpo y aprendió a aceptar sus responsabilidades para con su gente. (La historia de ML también es bastante triste pero es demasiado complicada para que la entienda jajaja)

Spoiler final:

Al final, ZL restauró su país y se convirtió en un gran gobernante con años de prosperidad. El FL se fue para estar con el ML. ZL nunca se volvió a casar y se convirtió en el último miembro de su línea de sangre real, ya que no quiere que nadie sea como él, que esté sujeto a su línea de sangre. Llegó al final de su vida; sin embargo, el día antes de su fallecimiento, tuvo un sueño. La FL vino a visitarlo y le prometió que en la próxima vida estarán juntos. Con esta promesa, falleció. 

Creo que esta será una buena oportunidad para ZYC si la trama se mantiene y la producción hace un buen trabajo con la filmación porque es un papel desafiante con el desarrollo y crecimiento del personaje. El más preocupante es el CGI porque se trata de un drama de fantasía, pero ZL debería ser un personaje agradable si se mantienen fieles a la novela y la ejecutan correctamente. :exaltado:

@mblgoh Sí, lo noté de inmediato porque tengo eso en bucle en mi lista de reproducción de canciones lol

CGI???

Will I ever look at other generals in Chinese drama the same...nope only XY will be in my head. Man I can’t move on from this drama :headbang:

I was watching the live action Mulan, and I kept thinking damn no general looks the same or give out the same aura as XY. The impact ZYC has made on me :luvarrow:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

20 minutes ago, teletubby lala said:

Me too, I tried to watch other ancient cdrama. I hv to quit after a few ep. The ML acting and expression is nowhere close to zyc, the FL is only so-so and their chemistry is nothing compared to zyc&hyx. Now, i'm back to rewatch SP. 

exactly! Other ancient dramas don’t feel the same lol (no offense to any of the actors and actresses) I just can’t seem to continue any other ancient dramas yep I keep rewatching SP

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@BreezeC thank you for that info!!!

wow.....ZYC's character here seems incredibly significant and outstanding. i can't wait to see how the production team decides to recreate the story for a live action. moreover i can't wait to see how ZYC portrays ZL...i think he'll add his own touch to it and we'll fall for him all over again xD ZL's story sounds so tragic....my heart already feels so much pain for him </3 very saddening is how much he loves FL but she doesn't love him back, at least not in the same way he loves her :(( ouch my heart lol but i agree with you in that i think this will be a great opportunity for ZYC to showcase even more of his skills, if everything falls well into place and the production does well. ZL seems like he'll leave a lasting, legendary impression on us all

36 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

Will I ever look at other generals in Chinese drama the same...nope only XY will be in my head. Man I can’t move on from this drama 

I was watching the live action Mulan, and I kept thinking damn no general looks the same or give out the same aura as XY. The impact ZYC has made on me 

LOLLLLL YOU ALL ARE TOO FUNNYYYYYYY

but i have to agree.....ZYC has raised the bar for generals (and i dare say, even princes)...i can't stop staring at him in pictures and videos of TSP.........he is so, so, soooooo handsome and his body built is just Perfect and his acting just leaves a really strong impression on you *_____*

• Like 1

OMG!!! I just read the funniest thing ever - someone post in weibo on the two pigeon letters that XC send to CY and discovered the writing style and the tone between the two letters are completely different. They are suspecting that the second letter is from their son!!! LOL

In the first letter, the tone is more mature and elegant writing saying that since your son arrived in the city for half a month, we both miss you (using their son as an excuse to say you miss her, XC? lol) Thinking your son can be a great general one day, I am thinking about sending him off to the military training camp but I would like to discuss with you face to face on this further. Please respond soon. - Your Royal Brother XC signed

In the second letter, more childish wording (someone noticed there is wrong spelling as well lol) it stated that this is the one thousand letter I had wrote to you and the last one I'll write to you. Your son and I enjoyed each other companies and he agreed to call me "Father", also he is getting used to his life in the military training camp. Although I never heard back from you, I am extremely happy now. You and XY enjoy your time outside and don't need to come back. - Your only brother XC

LOL No wonder the second letter came sooo fast after the first one - My interpretation is that XY and CY must be strict parents and they had left their little boy to visit the relative for half a month and enjoy some alone time. XC wanted to take this opportunity to ask CY to come back using the excuse of sending XM off to military training camp noted in the first letter. However, it looks like little XM is having so much fun bullying XC and running wild, he wrote the second letter to convince his mom to stay put lol If this is really the case, this is the funniest thing ever lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

52 minutes ago, honeytime said:

LOLLLLL YOU ALL ARE TOO FUNNYYYYYYY

but i have to agree.....ZYC has raised the bar for generals (and i dare say, even princes)...i can't stop staring at him in pictures and videos of TSP.........he is so, so, soooooo handsome and his body built is just Perfect and his acting just leaves a really strong impression on you *_____*

I felt his killing aura when he fought with XC. When he put down that spear sword thingy and told his men that XC won, I was like whoa the guarding lion came out of him. :luvarrow:I even screenshot it 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

I felt his killing aura when he fought with XC. When he put down that spear sword thingy and told his men that XC won, I was like whoa the guarding lion came out of him. I even screenshot it 

You r crazy fan haha...:eats2:

I don't watch many dramas. I know by myself from the beginning that what attracts me to this drama is the the chemistry between the ML & FL and their interesting, funny relationship.

That's why I don't look for other drama to watch after this one ends.

• Sad 1

Idk how to post pics on here i would have posted the screenshot I took of him Lol

49 minutes ago, hmrhn said:

You r crazy fan haha...

I don't watch many dramas. I know by myself from the beginning that what attracts me to this drama is the the chemistry between the ML & FL and their interesting, funny relationship.

That's why I don't look for other drama to watch after this one ends.

That’s exactly why I started watching it i like their chemistry and how they bicker it’s hilarious how she drives him insane 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1