[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Seriously I love how Haishi looks so almighty and inspiring in ep 13 & 14 plus I really love Shifu's hairstyle now. So Shifu hairstyle like the difference of his on of mode between as a court officer (general) and as daily hair style?

Oh yah for anyone who already watched, can you explain to me why Shi Fu imagine Haishi with woman looks in water? Does it mean since that day he see Haishi as a woman, he wanna help her but in the end let her drowing?

Yeah Shifu lets his hair down at home and bunned up in office.. i like both.

Did Shifu imagine Haishi in the water? I don't remember that part.

3 hours ago, omiki said:

Episode 13 and 14 were a bit boring for me because I don’t like watching war battle scenes. Only interesting scenes were those of the Emperor and Ti Lan. Speaking of Ti Lan, I suspect she knows that Haishi is female? When Haishi saved her and they were riding the horse, Ti Lan had some surprised expression on her face when she put her arms around Hai Shi’s chest? If that is so, then her concern for Hai Shi is one for someone who saved her life, and a fellow female? Not for a good looking General which the Emperor is mistakenly jealous for.

Oh yah u are right, I forgot that part. Ti Lan touched Haishi's chest on the horse and she knows the latter is female.

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Hide contents

EP 14:

Fang Zhou Ying is a Traitor from the "Huku Tribe"?  Haishi saw him there at the battle.  What a Twist?

(But I still doubt it.  Separated Twins Perhaps?)

The actor is supposed to act 3 characters who look alike in this drama. So definitely not a traitor, maybe a twin or some doppelganger. 

• Like 1

I watched 13 and 14 when I had insomnia last night. Slower compared to the previous episodes but I think it is because they are setting some new plots and advancing some character shifts. Yey to Shifu’s new hair and yes, we see that he does absolutely misses her and thinks back to the underwater kiss. I think the scene of him imagining her in a lady’s gown is to convey a symbolic shift in how he views her. He sees her as a woman now hehehe

I admit I laughed out loud during the battle scene - too over the top but Haishi still cool and kicking butt so okay; I let it pass. These two episodes were saved by the Emperor and Tilan (I agree she knows Haishi is a woman and keeps this secret) plot and VIP Gong Gong Mu lol. 

Re Miss Ju - it’s the dreaded “unreasonable one sided woman that falls in love with ML” that will turn into a jealous villain for sure. Since she saw Shifu getting ahem physically intimate while treating Haishi, she has begun to change. Since she is a spy and has heard various things, I think she suspect or knows Haishi is a woman too. I did enjoy Shifu’s stone cold direct setting her straight but you see how she still is in denial by now trying to call him brother lol?! Ugh. Selfish woman!

I also have a feeling that once the Emperor realizes Haishi is a woman, he will first do it out of revenge to Shifu but falls for her eventually too. 

Because I also love the novel Hua Qian Gu (The Journey of Flower) that involves a love story between a Shifu and his student, I compared a bit and feel the story has parallels duty vs love but done very different, especially the characters. Qian Gu is much more naive than Haishi. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@omiki  Yes. You are right.  Ti Lan already know that Haishi is a Female.  The moment she wrapped her Arms around her Chest.  But she is a good person.  She never divulge this Secret to anyone.  For that I respect her.

As for eps 13 & 14, I agree with you - a bit boring.  Unless the Battle Scenes are well-choreographed.  The way Haishi jumped onto the wall of the cliff and into the hole;  the way she stands on the horse to shoot her arrow is a bit "over the top".  But then - otherwise we would not be entertained....

Hide contents

Ep 13:

Lord Qinghai (Sifu) made it clear to Ju Qi Qi that their Bethrothal is invalid.  So I was right.  Haishi has jumped into the wrong conclusion and created her own miseries.

* Somewhere along this Story, I expect the Mermaid to help Haishi. So far what the Mermaid has transferred into Haishi's Palm (Ep 1) has not come into Play.

EP 14:

So now Ju Qi Qi became Bitter. That is the problem with the women from ancient eras.

The Emperor is too Revengeful.  No doubt Lord Qinghai has accidentally caused the death of his Queen and the yet to be borned Baby.  But  he did it in the course of carrying out his duty. 

He should at least appreciate what Lord Qinghai has done for him all these years.  But Emperors (people in Power) are like that.

I expect the Emperor to create more angst for Lord Qinghai - where Haishi is concerned.  He wants him to go through the same anguish: "The Lost Of The Woman He Loves"

Fang Zhou Ying is a Traitor from the "Huku Tribe"?  Haishi saw him there at the battle.  What a Twist?

(But I still doubt it.  Separated Twins Perhaps?)

I really love how Shifu made it clear to Manager Ju. After he knew that's the real reason, he spoke his feeling towards Manager Ju "Nothing about romance, in past, present and future", he also spoke to The Emperor.

But he didn't explain to Haishi, because this post to the North indeed could make Haishi become more mature and. He let Haishi go but he definitely should know any news about Haishi, always stand by everywhere and every time. And seemed others finally were sure that Haishi was Shifu favorite desciple.

As @Prettysup said, for this actor he will act 3 different character. For Ti Lan, that actress will act 2 different character. For Ti Lan, as we know beside as Ti Lan, she play as Zhe Zan. 

Spoiler

For Fang Zhou Ying, as I remember, Shi Fu saved him 3 years before Shi Fu saved Hai Shi. So maybe Zhou Ying and that man in North is his twins. And because it said he will play 3 character, maybe the last character he play as his father? But Fang Zhou Ying and that man in North will fall in love with same woman. As I remember in one of interview, he said Fang Zhou Ying always one step behind, so I thought maybe that woman will be with that man in North?

In episode 18, from the teaser I guess manager Ju passed away. And Haishi finally knew that Shi Fu not married Manager Ju.

20 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Did Shifu imagine Haishi in the water? I don't remember that part.

My mistake, maybe that's Haishi dream? In episode 12.

Wanna asking did Zhou Ying know that Haishi has fallen in love with Shi Fu in ep 11? When he said Haishi cried because Shi Fu would get marry?

As I read the synopsis, it said The Emperor start to like Hai Shi because she's different form his official courts, she's straightforward and brave, and later he knew that she's a woman. About Hai Shi as Shi Fu's beloved one, I think The Emperor already knew because Shi Fu really overprotective towards Hai Shi sometimes

• Like 2

I like that Shifu is encouraging the female lead to be independent.

The story is progressing well, a lot of twists and turns that show me this is going to be a long drama. 

But hey, it's Xu Cai Cheng, William Chan and Yang Mi...so I watch avidly. 

• Like 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 16 November 2021)

While waiting for ep 15...., I re-watch ep 1.  Because the first time I just skimped through.  

Having gone through 14 episodes, I'm able to appreciate Ep 1 better this time around:

- Young Haishi is so pretty and talented.  She will grow up to be a Great Actress one day

- Young Haishi is so dedicated to her Master.  So it is no wonder that they fall for each other

** I can't help being suspicious of Chu Ji Chang - the emperor's younger brother

Can tomorrow please comes faster....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hush puppy said:

** I can't help being suspicious of Chu Ji Chang - the emperor's younger brother

Can tomorrow please comes faster....

Yeah... It's Wednesday already, please come faster... Hahahahahaha...

Agree with you. can't help being suspicious of the forth prince "Chu Ji Chang"

Spoiler

Maybe that's why The Emperor asked General Tang to The North and then Shi Fu gave Hai Shi special mission "wait his instruction and kill General Tang", so I think Shi Fu also felt the same like us. wkwkwkkwkwkw

• Like 1

Ep 15:

Spoiler

So Fang Zhuo Ying is the son of Princess Hong Yao, sister of Prince Yi.  That makes FZY the Nephew of Prince Yi.  

Ju Qi Qi has gone completely Mad.  She keeps sending messages to the enemy - betraying Sifu and Haishi. She wants them dead

I'm surprised that Sifu (Lord Qinghai.... whatever. He has so many names) did not suspect her.  Since she now heads the Spy Network

Ep 16:

Spoiler

I love this episode. The way Haishi escaped by jumping out of the Window and onto the Horse of the waiting Sifu.  Such Precision.  And then there were the Fireworks

Haishi: "The Fireworks"

Sifu:  "Beautiful?"

Haishi: "As beautiful as they are on your Wedding Day?"

Sifu: "I will never marry someone I do not Love".

Haishi:  Smiled and back-hugs Sifu

(And I am "Over The Moon"  :wub:.  But only for a short while.....

It is as though they were on their First Date)

Oooh.  I love that Scene.

But this Romance and Happiness will not Last Long.  I'm very sure Ju Qi Qi will let Emperor Chu knows that Haishi is a Girl.  She wants to "Separate" the 2 Lovers.  I don't believe it will be a Happy Ending.  Pretty sure it is a Sad Ending.  

• Like 3

Haishi looked so pretty in the 2 Hu Ku outfits she wore in the latest episodes. Too bad she is back in her soldier uniform now. 

Hell knows no fury as a woman scorned - I initially thought that maybe Ju Qi Qi would just withhold intel from the battle region, but she …

Spoiler

went down the path of no redemption by trying to get Haishi killed. I’m guessing from the previews that JQQ died because was sentenced to death by the Emperor for treason, or she committed suicide out of guilt after Fang Zhu nearly died from his unattended injuries.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Ep 15:

Reveal hidden contents

So Fang Zhuo Ying is the son of Princess Hong Yao, sister of King of Yi.  That makes FZY the Nephew of King of Yi.  

Ju Qi Qi has gone completely Mad.  She keeps sending messages to the enemy - betraying Sifu and Haishi. She wants them dead

I'm surprised that Sifu (Lord Qinghai.... whatever. He has so many names) did not suspect her.  Since she now heads the Spy Network

Ep 16:

Reveal hidden contents

I love this episode. The way Haishi escaped by jumping out of the Window and onto the Horse of the waiting Sifu.  Such Precision.  And then there were the Fireworks

Haishi: "The Fireworks"

Sifu:  "Beautiful?"

Haishi: "As beautiful as they are on your Wedding Day?"

Sifu: "I will never marry someone I do not Love".

Haishi:  Smiled and back-hugs Sifu

(And I am "Over The Moon"  :wub:.  But only for a short while.....

It is as though they were on their First Date)

Oooh.  I love that Scene.

But this Romance and Happiness will not Last Long.  I'm very sure Ju Qi Qi will let Emperor Chu knows that Haishi is a Girl.  She wants to "Separate" the 2 Lovers.  I don't believe it will be a Happy Ending.  Pretty sure it is a Sad Ending.  

Agree with your analysis...  I just finished watching ep 15 and 16, excited for ep 17 and 18 tonight...

Spoiler

I ever watched clips and maybe we will have kiss scene tonight, not a sweet romantic kiss. I meant Shifu would gave medicine to Haishi mouth to mouth.

From the preview ep 18, I thought Manager Ju was died, maybe she did suicide because she knew Shifu would hate her now, at least from not have any significant feeling, she got hatred from Shifu because she wanted to kill Haishi? And I thought, her dead would be related to her niece's blind later. That would hurt FZY.

Yups, I thought FZY and the man who looks like him are twins brother. And what would be happen later, if FZY knew that the one who killed his parents were his Shifu who he looked like his own father?

Somehow I just got the feeling that Emperor already suspected General Su as the mole. When he mentioned about the spy brought to the city, he put more attention towards General Su.

I always watched new preview before I watched new episodes. So maybe in ep 18 we will get little sweetness, because in ep 19 preview FHS got sweet candy from Shifu. Omo... sweet candy in battlefield? What do you mean, Shifu?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, omiki said:

Haishi looked so pretty in the 2 Hu Ku outfits she wore in the latest episodes. Too bad she is back in her soldier uniform now. 

Hell knows no fury as a woman scorned - I initially thought that maybe Ju Qi Qi would just withhold intel from the battle region, but she …

Hide contents

went down the path of no redemption by trying to get Haishi killed. I’m guessing from the previews that JQQ died because was sentenced to death by the Emperor for treason, or she committed suicide out of guilt after Fang Zhu nearly died from his unattended injuries.

I now suspect based on how things are going that there's gonna be a slight difference btwn the drama and the book from Qi Qi's actions thus far

Spoiler

perhaps she is the one who reveals that Hai Shi is a girl to someone who is Sifu's enemy and that person brings it up to the Emperor so that the Emperor will punish her. And to save her from the official's wrath (as pretending to be a guy is a crime punishable by death), sifu has to allow the Emperor to take her into his harem. This is my guess, and this is where it takes a departure from the novel.

@maria_m2me HIGH FIVE, I do the same exact things as you, we are kindred spirit, I too watch new previews first!!

Spoiler

And yes, I am wondering if he relaxes his stance a bit towards Hai Shi, sending her sweets?hhmmm. But you know in C-dramas, all this sweetness is setting us for the agony that's gonna happen soon, right? Pleasure before pain...sigh.

@hush puppy oh yes,

Spoiler

horse back + fireworks + nature of conversation was the highlight of the day for me, yesterday, I was clapping my hands gleefully! And he certainly didn't say -  "I vowed never to marry anyone but to serve the country instead!"
I am sure he realised she rested her head against his back, there's no way he didn't feel that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, omiki said:

@omiki  Yes. You are right.  Haishi looks so pretty in the Hu Ku apparels.

Ju Qi Qi not only inform the Enemy about Haishi being a Woman; that Haishi and Sifu are in love. She also :

- withhold strategic info from Sifu

- delay getting the news back to Emperor Chu

The Emperor should not have given this responsibility to her.  Perhaps Emperor Chu wants to compensate JQQ for not getting married to Sifu.

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

I always watched new preview before I watched new episodes. So maybe in ep 18 we will get little sweetness, because in ep 19 preview FHS got sweet candy from Shifu. Omo... sweet candy in battlefield? What do you mean, Shifu?

@maria_m2me  @SC2019

Unlike both of you,  I don't watch Previews at all  :lol:

• Like 1