[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

6 hours ago, fi4ar said:
  Hide contents

I, too, think we're all in for a tragedy. I, too, want the heroine to have a child from her mentor, not just a ring. But I can't imagine how the emperor can allow them to sleep together if she becomes his woman and the mentor tries in every way to push her away for her own good.

On the other hand, the mentor in the drama didn't mutilate himself like in the novel. That's a little reassuring.

Spoiler

@fi4ar  They can always make love first before Haishi marries the emperor.  If I guess right, Haishi will never allow the emperor to touch her.  If she gets Pregnant, the emperor will not dare to deny that the child is "His" - for fear of Loss Of Face.  So I'm pretty sure the Young Emperor is Haishi & Sifu's Love Child

But if that happens,  Haishi will be bewildered why Sifu gave her away after "loving" her. Will hate him more.

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Reveal hidden contents

@fi4ar  They can always make love first before Haishi marries the emperor.  If I guess right, Haishi will never allow the emperor to touch her.  If she gets Pregnant, the emperor will not dare to deny that the child is "His" - for fear of Loss Of Face.  So I'm pretty sure the Young Emperor is Haishi & Sifu's Love Child

But if that happens,  Haishi will be bewildered why Sifu gave her away after "loving" her. Will hate him more.

Spoiler

I don't want a real love triangle. I generally wish that they could surprise (pleasantly surprise!) those viewers who know the ending of the literary source. 

I don't want to look at the heroine's love story with the emperor. He has a late wife whom he was crazy about and her sister with whom he has a completely abnormal relationship.

And in fact, let me see the love lines of the three couples as depicted on the posters. 
As you can see, I want too much LOL

17 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I'm on Ep 9 and so far this drama doesn't disappoint :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

The drama is crazy beautiful.

Edited by fi4ar
  • Blob 1

Ep 23:

Spoiler

1) Starts with a "Bang"

2)Fang Zhuo Ying is too "shy". Even in front of a Blind Girl. Their relationship is progressing well. So I can't imagine how Che Liu can end up with his twin brother - Luerdan

3) So it is in Ep 23 that Sifu made up his mind not to pursue Haishi.  His Health is deteriorating fast with all the Injuries: his as well as the emperor's.  No matter how strong a person is, it is impossible to bear the injuries for 2 persons. He always think: "The Body has been crippled, and My Life is beyond my control" 

4) Haishi in the New Dress (made for her by Cheliu) is so beautiful.  It is a "Torture" for Sifu just to look at her

5) So Sifu pushes Haishi away when she was "Kissing" him. Both were heart-broken. So are We :heartbreak:

Ep 24:

Spoiler

1) Chu Lin Lang (Peony), the new found Princess Yanllng is either a "Fake" or another Prince Ji Chang.

Nothing hapens except Haishi managed to talk some sense into the Emperor

On hindsight, I think:

Spoiler

1) Haishi knew those Red Candles were Nuptial Candles. Knowing how Daring and Cheeky she is!  Which is why Sifu finds her "Too Irresistible!"

2) As for Tilan.  I think she impersonates her twin-sister Zizan not because she wants the emperor to help her homeland.  But more because she is fed-up with her life.  She wants the Emperor to be so angry with her that he'll send her away or sentence her to death.  But she never count on him to behave this way

Note: I know Yang Mi has a lot of "Haters".  Still it is crazy for "Novoland: Pearl Eclipse" to get such "Low Douban Scores" 4.9.   But so popular - both in China and Overseas "Internet Score -8.5"

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Note: I know Yang Mi has a lot of "Haters".  Still it is crazy for "Novoland: Pearl Eclipse" to get such "Low Douban Scores" 4.9.   But so popular - both in China and Overseas "Internet Score -8.5"

I feel that Douban has lost its credibility, just a war between fans and haters. 

William with his Fang Zhu birthday cake yesterday, complete with the 2 strands of hair haha..

FEu2ED6VcAAVyp1?format=jpg&name=large

• LOL 9

I haven’t watched the latest two yet - will do tonight but I didn’t realize that YM had so many haters to drive the Douban scores; def lost of credibility but then I don’t know anyone that would use it to assess a drama. 

Shifu has too little scenes in the latest episode.. why did he not attend the banquet for the new princess? Although I like Zhuoying and Zheliu's interactions initially, now they seem to have too many repetitive scenes IMO.

I am glad to see viewers praising William for his acting in his drama, most people's impression of him is a cheerful guy and they are surprised to see he can carry off Shifu's character so well. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Updated after finishing both 23 and 24 

I think Shifu is avoiding everyone because of his health issues - he hasn’t recovered and does not want anyone to find out.

Spoiler

I also think the ZZ scenes are maybe too repetitive but I root for these two adorable couple for a happy end.

I totally get why Shifu is now trying to push Haishi away (he knows his life time is running out and don’t want to deepen their love despite loving her too etc.). Haishi being a smart lady - knows that he loves her and knows that he is pushing her away but not yet knows the reason. It must still hurt for her to endure it but I love how she just takes the initiative with Shifu. I didn’t think she would kiss him so directly and then I didn’t think he was going to push her away so hard. Glad she stayed to be an Imperial Guard. 

24 - 

The Prince and new Princess are a bit too chummy or tight for my liking but hey they are the villains so they have to plot together lol. 

I also like that Haishi is showing her anger at Shifu. 

The banquet venue is pretty and unique! The Emperor and Tilan - ugh a case study of what NOT to do re bad, inauthentic communication and spite. Tilan needs to speak up for herself. 
But oh Emperor is a jealous idiot for thinking there is something between Haishi and Tilan lol. Oh Tilan really did give it to him! About time but oh my gosh - his expression was crazy!!! Both are actually more alike than they would like to admit that they haven’t been their authentic self. 

Ugh right when things seemed to be resolve, things get worse! Sigh Tilan hasn’t been taking her medicine on purpose - basically suicide. I hope she doesn’t die!

Another ZZ scene - basically confession truth revealed (finally!) and ship is sailing fully. The only happy couple at the moment.

Oh I really like the Emperor and Haishi scene! They are bonding over Shifu hehehehe I really like how this drama highlights the relationships. Haishi having to break it down to the Emperor on why not be positive instead of focusing on the pain is spot on. I see this in real life too - people who old grudges and make everything so negative!  

so now we wait until Wednesday….

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Good news, this will be aired everyday starting from tomorrow. So no more agonizing waits on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Last episode will air on Dec 5.

yes, but considering the direction it's going, I'm not gonna watch til it ends on Dec 5. I'll just titilate my senses with previews, which have gone strangely more artistic in nature (relying on visuals with almost no speech)?

Btw, if anyone's interested, someone in another forum highlighted that Fang Zhu is supposed to represent a giant clam (meaning, this was what the author had in mind for this character). And Hai Shi was the pearl that's nurtured within the clam. So, he considers her very, very precious, which is why on her wedding day, he presented her with a box of pearls (I think this is with reference to the novel, not sure about the drama). LOL, when I read that, I thought, what strange inspiration authors derive their characters from!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Do Not Watch Unless You Want To Know How This Story Is Developing

There are some Poor English Translations:

King Ji Chang - Should be "Prince Ji Chang" (Being princes, they're called "Wang" and Google literally translate it as "King").

Proton - Should be "Hostage"

FangHai City. Fanghai Market, Seamarket, Yehai City: Should be "Fang Haishi"

Custom : Should be "Capital"

Dynasty : Should be "Palace"

Spoiler

@SC2019 Glad to have you back?  This Thread is rather quiet

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Good news, this will be aired everyday starting from tomorrow. So no more agonizing waits on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Last episode will air on Dec 5.

Oh my God! Yeessss!

I really love this drama.

I love it so much that even though signs are pointing to a tragic ending for the OTP, I'm still watching. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

On 11/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, ElleSor said:

Oh my God! Yeessss!

I really love this drama.

I love it so much that even though signs are pointing to a tragic ending for the OTP, I'm still watching. 

22 hours ago, Yinye said:

@ElleSor me too. Watching it until the very end no matter what. I really like it. 

Me 3 :blush:   From this point onwards, I'm going to Relax & Enjoy.  No more looking for previews or clues.

• Like 3

XKC says from today he’ll no longer be the Emperor that grabs/squeezes throats lol Thai fans are posting a lot on Twitter and lucky me I can read it

Let’s look at the beautiful costumes 

Which outfits were your favorites??