[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

Thanks for the new trailer @Prettysup w/o subs I couldn’t understand much except that ML is Shifu and obviously looks angsty type of melodrama. It’s been a while so here we go! WC looks a bit ‘off’ in some of the scenes in the trailer but maybe it’s out of context. 

16 hours ago, Yinye said:

Thanks for the new trailer @Prettysup w/o subs I couldn’t understand much except that ML is Shifu and obviously looks angsty type of melodrama. It’s been a while so here we go! WC looks a bit ‘off’ in some of the scenes in the trailer but maybe it’s out of context. 

hhmmm I've read the sypnosis, and it gives me the same vibes as the trailer, seems to be two men in Yang Mi's life? Her sifu and the Emperor? In the last scene, it appears as if she will end up with the sifu? Interesting premise to see Yang Mi being confused with two men in her life, LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@SC2019 it’s def a love triangle and I hope they do it well with good nuance. I wonder what kind of love triangle it will be tho. I don’t want to be spoil and want to go in knowing minimal of the plot. 

Spoiler

My theory is obviously ML and FL already love each other but can’t be together for (let’s hope for a good, believable reason and not noble idiocy); the FL has a some kind of relationship with the Emperor etc. 

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

@SC2019 it’s def a love triangle and I hope they do it well with good nuance. I wonder what kind of love triangle it will be tho. I don’t want to be spoil and want to go in knowing minimal of the plot. 

Reveal hidden contents

hhmm, not sure whether I will enjoy the love triangle part...usually there's parts where I feel like strangling one or the other party. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

CONFIRMED! Airing from 10 Nov 2021 !!

Some descriptions of the 2 main leads, spoiler tagged just in case.

Spoiler

Yang Mi : Hai Shi was a pearl gatherer from a fishing family. She became Fang Zhu's disciple, and dressed as a guy to go onto the battlefield

William: Fang Zhu was from a family genetically destined to bear the pains and sickness of the emperor.

FDjzqf_VkAQAoJx?format=jpg&name=medium

FDjzsA2VIAIhii-?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1