Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人


sugarplum892
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, Prettysup said:

The broadcast permit for this has just been approved by the authorities, total 55 episodes. Let's hope we can get to watch it soon.

Yes, I was ecstatic when I heard it got approved. 

Finally! I'm glad the guys in this drama were not deemed "girly" or passed scrutiny scandalwise. 

 

Some people are not impressed by YM but I think she acts pretty decently. Both male leads are quite good at acting as well. I hope it airs soon!!!

 

I don't mind the 55 episodes but I read somewhere a few months back that China has issued a regulation that says dramas should not be too long. I dunno if this will be affected. Sometimes last minute editing can be a RickRoll'D to the storyline and sequence. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I don't mind the 55 episodes but I read somewhere a few months back that China has issued a regulation that says dramas should not be too long. I dunno if this will be affected. Sometimes last minute editing can be a RickRoll'D to the storyline and sequence. 

 

Yeah there is a max limit to the number of episodes for C-dramas airing on TV, I think it is 50 max for period dramas. Hence if this is to be kept in its entity, it would have to be streamed on-line instead of on TV. Else they will have to edit it, if that rule still holds.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

 

Yeah there is a max limit to the number of episodes for C-dramas airing on TV, I think it is 50 max for period dramas. Hence if this is to be kept in its entity, it would have to be streamed on-line instead of on TV. Else they will have to edit it, if that rule still holds.

 

I've heard they should have no more than 40 ep, if they want to have more they should present some justification docs/letters (?) to clarify the necessity of having more episodes and convince the officials...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I've heard they should have no more than 40 ep, if they want to have more they should present some justification docs/letters (?) to clarify the necessity of having more episodes and convince the officials...

 

I heard it is 40 for modern dramas and 50 for period dramas. Not too sure also, I may be wrong.

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh belated HBD to YM. I am not too picky re YM’s acting. She does really well for some series and weaker for others. I do prefer her acting in historical or Xx drama. My two fav YM dramas are TMOPB and Fuyao. 
 

I don’t mind if this drama will be 55 or 50 episodes— I just want solid story with no crazy filters and nonsense lol. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I find YM's acting a bit touch and go too. However, when she is good, she is beyond good. The film producer Gao Chen is solid (he produced Eternal Love and Pillow Book). The director Jin Sha sounds like a newbie, as she hasn't got a lot of productions under her belt. I suspect YM is doing her thing of supporting undiscovered talent. Considering the talent she has supported, I tend to trust YM's judgement. If this drama is to be released in December, well, at least I can look forward to an enjoyable Christmas drama. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Nudafu said:

I find YM's acting a bit touch and go too. However, when she is good, she is beyond good. The film producer Gao Chen is solid (he produced Eternal Love and Pillow Book). The director Jin Sha sounds like a newbie, as she hasn't got a lot of productions under her belt. I suspect YM is doing her thing of supporting undiscovered talent. Considering the talent she has supported, I tend to trust YM's judgement. If this drama is to be released in December, well, at least I can look forward to an enjoyable Christmas drama. 

 

Yang Mi does tend to have a golden touch when it comes to dramas and movies. She has some flops but these tend to also have fans. 

 

I am so looking forward to this because of YM and XKC. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..