[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

For both Eps 25 and 26, all I can say is:

- Prince Ji Chang and the Fake Princess Yan Ling are getting impatient. Their spies are  getting bolder. They are all around the Emperor.

- Princess Yan Ling's disguise cannot hold up.  She keeps making slips.  It is  obvious she does not know the history of the Real Princess well enough

- Both Sifu and Haishi are having a difficult time holding back their affections for each other.

- Sifu is getting Jealous.  But still very patient and in control of his emotions.

- I love Haishi's direct approach.  But she sure has a Temper.:(

- I think Fang Zhuo Ying's words to Sifu may speed up his Decision to make a Clean Break with Haishi.

So yes. I think  the coming episodes will bring more angst

• Like 3

I think for Haishi - I like the white dress she got from ZL and was trying it out when Shifu came. So pretty!

Shifu - I like the all white one with the wavy lines and there’s a light blue one that is similar. It suits his character! 

Emperor- he has be best outfits - I like them all especially the gold one or the black and gold ones.

Tilan - the super light lavender one is my favorite. 

• Like 2

Ohhh, people, finally I've managed to catch up with the drama till the last aired episodes. 

What should I say? Seems like Cdramaland producers decided that we,the viewers, definitely have some tears stashed from watching One&Only (if that was not enough tears shedded already for the whole 2021). They now want us to cry rivers for 48 eps instead of 24 :tears:. And even invited the same young actress who portraits young Shiyi to play young Haishi.

I have a bad feeling things aren't going to end with "and they lived happy ever after".  All the main characters are somehow damaged inside by things happened in their life, and seem to continue struggling. The Emperor even says he is a living moving corps...emm, nothing good could come from such emotions...I hate bad endings, but sometimes they are so beautifully done I can at least make peace with it, so fine, let it come...

Overall enjoying the drama a lot. William and Yang Me look  great together, and she is using her real voice, that's very cool indeed :).

XCH looks amazing in that Emperor robes:D, but with his looks and height no surprise here. I am glad he took a more serious role for a change).

And from last episodes- Huang JunJie, OMG, he looks like a God descended straight from Heaven :wub:.  No wonder Shifu 

Spoiler

is showing something that could count as signs of jealousy,hehe). 

I wonder if they would tell us more regarding that Baixi thing. Still a bit confused about how it works... 

• Like 3

@leo2020 welcome and yes, join us!!!!! Wow you caught up! I just watched ep 25.

I think given that one scene with Shifu and the Emperor performing the Baixi ritual was enough to cause some online drama, I think they may cut the detail scenes lol. Basically every male child of Shifu’s family becomes the bodyguard and close friend to the Emperor, where they take all the physical injuries to ‘protect’ the Emperor and shortening their own lives. 

Ep.26 

The perfume guy seems nice and I am here for a competition for Shifu lol. THE scene between Shifu and Haishi and the gift was great. I think it was need to show that both of them are confused about their relationship status. I can emphasize with both sides - Haishi wants confirmation of love but was told that it couldn’t be. Then Shifu contradicts himself because he clearly loves her but can’t act on it. He also didn’t think carefully enough to consider how she would interpret the hair pin. ZY finally learning about Haishi and Shifu!!! YES!!! Aww he has good intention but I think he just encouraged Shifu to officially ‘end’ things with Haishi too. Awwww that passing carriage hair pin scene was filmed so beautifully!!! The perspective change was wonderful.

Ugh I feel the angst ramp up to 60% now. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

I wonder if they would tell us more regarding that Baixi thing. Still a bit confused about how it works... 

Apparently the eldest son of the Fang family has the ability to activate this Baixi with the blood ritual we saw in one of the earlier episodes, in order to protect the royal family. Not sure whether it can be undone though.

Oh and it was revealed that Shifu is the master of perfume! No wonder Haishi said he smelled so good when she fell into his arms earlier haha..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Apparently the eldest son of the Fang family has the ability to activate this Baixi with the blood ritual we saw in one of the earlier episodes, in order to protect the royal family. Not sure whether it can be undone though

4 hours ago, Yinye said:

Basically every male child of Shifu’s family becomes the bodyguard and close friend to the Emperor, where they take all the physical injuries to ‘protect’ the Emperor and shortening their own lives. 

@Prettysup @Yinye  Wow, thanks a lot for the explanations). I suppose we would likely see this thing in action when the bad guys decide to make a move again. 

4 hours ago, Yinye said:

I think given that one scene with Shifu and the Emperor performing the Baixi ritual was enough to cause some online drama.

Emmm, really? I wonder what was the "online drama" about?

I've just finished 2 today's episodes, I wonder if 

Spoiler

at this point Haishi really decided to give up and move on...

By the way, YouDu seems to be a nice guy and is able to make her smile. Just saying). 

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

I love the ending theme song by Zhou Shen most at the moment. 

I like the songs as well, however they are all so sad(((. And the ending song...that words "The rest of your life Will be a lonely journey, So do not try to heal The part with me in" are just unbearable :tears:. They just throw the inevitable at us...ummm, soooo cruel:(

• Like 1

Watching 27 & 28 

Finally Tilan and Emperor have finally reached understanding; they are cute.

Oh i thought the Prince was the one behind fake Princess Mudan but he’s not. Interesting! I think he did intentionally mentioned taking out Shifu so that Mudan would go to the Emperor to ask for marriage.

This is the second marriage arrangement for Shifu. Angst up to 70% - I feel for Haishi (she did looked like she is going to cry) and ZY acting all big bro. is adorable. 

Drunk Haishi and Shifu scenes are cute. 
YD is also a good guy, tho. The drinking scene when Shifu asks Haishi about and he totally misunderstood. Then Haishi having to work with the Prince to plan for the wedding - blah - Angst up to 80%!!

Adventure Time No GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

Oh i thought the Prince was the one behind fake Princess Mudan but he’s not. Interesting! I think he did intentionally mentioned taking out Shifu so that Mudan would go to the Emperor to ask for marriage.

Spoiler

I'm still convinced the Prince has his own agenda, not sure with or without Mudan.

She herself is definitely a fake, however she is well prepared. I'm sure the scar was deliberately placed on her arm, the person behind her knew about it in advance. 

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

Drunk Haishi and Shifu scenes are cute. 
YD is also a good guy, tho. The drinking scene when Shifu asks Haishi about and he totally misunderstood.

I love when Shifu looses his temper with Haishi/ is confused by her behavior :D

YD:wub: Huang JunJie seems to get here straight from a xianxia shooting set without even changing his clothes))).

• Like 3

I just finished Ep 29.  Love it.  

The Pace is steady. No dull moment.  William's acting is Excellent in this episode.  How would I describe it ?

* Restrained Yet Imposing

* Imposing Yet Dignified.

Well done William !

I find it so Funny. That the Princess tries to Flee by running.  Don't even try to get a Horse? :frown:

So that is the Reason why Sifu wants Haishi to leave the Palace before his Wedding

And in times of Danger, the First Person Sifu protects is still Haishi.  I hope she learns Never to doubt her Sifu again.

Sifu and the Emperor are perfectly in Sync with each other :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Just finished Ep 30.

Spoiler

A drunk Haishi has a meaningful conversation with Sifu.  Unfortunately she couldn't hear a single word.  (Sifu said to himself: "How could I not love you. Nobody knows how much I "Cherish" you).  :heartbreak:

The Emperor drank the Poison. But Sifu suffer from the effects.  Haishi still did not realise that Sifu is the Emperor's Bai Xi. But when Sifu was in a Coma for 3 days, Haishi learnt from the Doctor that his Days are numbered.  She took good care of him

You Du's words are better than Fang Zhuo Ying's.  FZY's words will only make Sifu push Haishi away.  YD's words are the Reverse - Will empower Sifu to go ahead to love Haishi  But will he?

• Like 3

Spoiler
4 hours ago, hush puppy said:

You Du's words are better than Fang Zhuo Ying's.  FZY's words will only make Sifu push Haishi away.  YD's words are the Reverse - Will empower Sifu to go ahead to love Haishi  But will he?

I should say I now think YD is a kind of fairy godmother and Shifu's inner conscience at the same time. Hope he gives YD's advice a good thought))).

By the way, seems like Emperor Xu also decided to move on with his life. Good for him! 

The little Prince though still 

Spoiler

looks very suspicious. I'm not convinced with his injury at all. I wonder if he knows about that Baixi thing between his brother and Shifu...

Overall the drama continues to become stronger with every episode. I really believed in everything till the look Emperor gave when sending his sister off. Usually such scenarios are not a surprise at all, but here they were very convincing))). Looking forward for the new episodes.

I suppose 

Spoiler

Zhuo Ying would have to face his past very soon. His brother is coming...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Just finished Ep 30.

No he didn’t drink the poison. First, that was lethal poison, Fang Zhu would have died on the spot if he drank it. Second, Haishi asked whether he was in pain when he woke up, and the doctor also said he had new wounds on top of old wounds plus poisoned. Which means he must have some external injuries too. So my guess is the emperor was grazed by a poisoned arrow at the wedding and the poison was transferred to Shifu this way. 

• Like 2