[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

There’s was a live stream just before the new episodes aired with YX!! 

He was ultra funny and actually juiced a peach, drank the juice (complaining how bad the justice was) then he put an orange and banana on his head when asked about the CP. See link for picture of him with an orange and banana on his head  

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4511120495020642

Yu Xi is so funny LOOL

No wonder he & Lu Si can create great chemistry easily. Both are really adorable together.

I'm really happy they got to act together with a good scriptwriter & produced lovely drama like this.

This drama is not perfect but it so much better for me than some dramas that have high budget & great hype but end up as a disapointment.

About season 2,

I might be in minority but I don't want a season 2 for this drama.

Many romance dramas that has a wrapped up ending that I watch fail to keep up a good plot and expectation like season 1 if they have more than one season. 

I think this is due to restrictment of creativity for drama plot for new season.

I mean, a writer has many spaces to insert the characters or expand the plot of a drama in season 1 but she/he has to follow certain guideline or keep some character for season 2.

Usually the plot of season 2 of that romance dramas gonna has filter or become nonsense in some part, and sometimes character act out of their personality.

If I like the tension/conflict/longing gaze and push & pull between the lead couple in the journey of building their mutual understanding relationship in season 1, I will be frustrated if they become drift apart because of misunderstanding again in season 2.

Like, you guys already a couple in an established relationship, communicate to each other!

It just annoyed the heck out of me.

I want Lu Si and Yu Xi to reunite in a romance drama that has good plot & pace, they can even work with the same scriptwriter but please not the continuation plot of this drama. 

Let the writer write other plot with her imagination:D

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yes happy ending! not open. She returns to the modern world. Han Suo is in the hospital due to an accident and his memories include.....

Thank you!

I can wait for the next episode with relieved now:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Reverie said:

@Usi @arcchidus @angelangie Leo is so swoon worthy he keeps me going :wub: I’m not really into the storyline either oops but I’m still following so far.

actually I’m surprised that ROTAR has successfully fleshed out its plot over 24 episodes without making it repetitive. Web dramas tend to lose steam after the halfway mark and romcom turns into melodrama all of a sudden lol but ROTAR delivers all the way to the end! 

although.. ATWIL has overtaken ROTAR in terms of viewership ratings 

I agree with you this drama is different from other webdrama. It is fast pace and every episodes seems like there something unexpectedly going on. I hope the success will motivate the script writer to create a season 2 and since DYX already say he would do a season 2 with the original cast I hope it gives it a chance for it to happen

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Reveal hidden contents

I actually think due to the meta nature, season 2 can be setup pretty easily. QQ and HS will obviously keep working together. They can just say that the show ended up to be a hit and a season 2 is demanded, and QQ had to write a sequel, she got stuck and QQ and HS ended up in her show again. And then they will continue to make fun of all the traps and issues with creating a season 2 on a show that's supposed to just have 1 season while they are there. 

Spoiler

That is actually a smart way to start a season 2. I would love to see that happen. Fingers cross that with the popularity there will be a demand for season 2.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reverie said:

although.. ATWIL has overtaken ROTAR in terms of viewership ratings

Viewership will naturally be higher given the high episode count and hype. But And the Winner Is Love has lower Douban rating (6.4 vs 7.4) than this show and quite a bit of negative reviews on msg board as well.

So ROTAR still did very well overall.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, enzek said:

About season 2,

I might be in minority but I don't want a season 2 for this drama.

Many romance dramas that has a wrapped up ending that I watch fail to keep up a good plot and expectation like season 1 if they have more than one season. 

There will be a 2nd season? :blink:

But why? The story ended. I’m not a fan of riding a horse to dead. We have the Western series for that.

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, VesperLynd said:

Thank you for the update and spoilers. How were you able to watch episodes 17 to 24? I paid for VIP but my wetv account is updated to 16 only.

Not subbed in english

only raw episodes available. 

all 24 

dukubo

Edited by taekwang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

You don't need subs? I have recs but none of them are like this one lol, and most aren't heavy on the romance. I'll refrain from the serious ones XD

Modern: Your Fukubukuro (I watched it on bilibili, naturally comes with eng subs, slice of life episodic), Madhouse (suspence thriller and scifi, no subs), My Huckleberry Friends (slice of life down to earth ensemble school drama), Die Now (escape room/battle royale kind of games thriller), Surgeons (capable female characters), Put Your Head on My shoulders (ok this one is actually romcom, quirky otp, second male lead is annoying though)

Historical: Young Blood (fun adventure drama with lovable cast, <3 female characters), Joy of Life (awesome setup and zany humour with scheming, don't come in for the romance)

thanks! I like historical so will give Joy of Life a try. 

Yup don’t need subs. 

1 hour ago, Reverie said:

@Adidaem watch "And The Winner Is Love" which is currently airing together with @lavvarr @arcchidus and me :)

Thanks! Ohhh I was wondering about the show. How is the chemistry between the leads? I think both ML and FL can act right? Really can’t stand wooden leads or vases who can’t act. 

But after this ROTAR experience was thinking I will go back to waiting until after all the episodes are aired so that it’s not so agonizing to wait haha. 

Still figuring out what type of shows I like...

I think I prefer fast paced historical shows that are not about politics. But I finished Nirvana In Fire but could be because of Hu Ge and Xu Kai. I liked Yanxi Palace due to the fast pace and beautiful costumes. Three Thousand Crows cos the ML is so good (and after reading the novel epilogue who wouldn’t love him). TMOPB and Pillow Book too but could also be because I’ve read the books (translations) and already love the characters even before I started watching the shows. But I couldn’t finish Untamed or Love and Destiny for varying stupid reasons though Xiao Zhan is so good looking. I’ve also tried a few of ZLS old shows but didn’t manage to finish any of them. Nor any old Zheng Ye Cheng ones. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Viewership will naturally be higher given the high episode count and hype. But And the Winner Is Love has lower Douban rating (6.4 vs 7.4) than this show and quite a bit of negative reviews on msg board as well.

ROTAR’s Douban score seemed to climb higher the sweeter our OTP gets hehe I think the ascension must have been when HS decided not to kill QQ because she was too cute.

Leo and Yukee have greater star power too so I’m not really surprised at the viewership ratings. @Adidaem they both act well so you can just give it a try.

I’m just a little sad that ROTARs genre seems to appeal more so to a younger audience than traditional period dramas because of its unique storyline. I raved about it to my mom who usually loves period dramas but she brushed it off for being too over the top:huh: I mean, aren’t all the satirical gags the whole point?

+ WOW! YX AND ZLS CP ROSE TO NO15 :w00t: on WeiBo

but actually I’m a little mystified by the ending 

Spoiler

If the actor is HS how come he isn’t aware of his modern past like QQ and why does he have martial arts powers when QQ doesn’t? I feel like earlier foreshadowing would have made this more believable 

Edited by Reverie
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Leo and Yukee have greater star power too so I’m not really surprised at the viewership ratings.

No kidding. YX was basically an unknown actor before this show. I hope this show means he will be in more shows now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

Girls. If you want to see the video of YX juicing the peach + tying the banana and apple together. Here's the video. It's like ultra cute. I died watching it.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4511092552871611

In case you want to know a few "golden verse" he said in this video:

- "I am locking contract couple together" (contract couple is the CP name for HS and QQ in Chinese, the other name you saw earlier is specifically for the actors and actress)

- "I wave the contract couple flag up high"

- After he was finished with the apple and banana, he said, "That's just one part of the gift, here's a more important part." Takes out knife and peach.

- Interviewer: what are you going to do with these peaches. YX, speaking like HS, "Based on my great talent as heir, I can easily ruin this peach."

- He forgot to add sugar to the juice, so the juice taste awful and very sour.

- He said "Get this horrible thing out of my sight" (exaggerating HS's jealousy mode in the show)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

40 minutes ago, VesperLynd said:

Thank you for the update and spoilers. How were you able to watch episodes 17 to 24? I paid for VIP but my wetv account is updated to 16 only.

Tencent China has a pay 3 yuan/ep from today onwards for rest of the episodes, so that's how. I think the english subs will take another two weeks like the regular vip schedule.

35 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

So ROTAR still did very well overall.

The author is a fairly well known BL writer too iirc, and looks like it was written in 2008, so enough time for it to have an audience. I've only heard complaints about the original story though (I'll note that I peeked when the drama was rumour to come out, so I probably didn't stumble into novel fans) I was hoping the scriptwriter could work some miracles. But, most of the time, scriptwriter tend to screw up decent stories, so mhmmmm. It's why I've been sitting on it even though I liked the two leads from AoL.

RoTAR did fairly well considering it's small budget light hearted short historical. I'm hoping the viewcounts goes up a bit more, but it's definitely a success I think. There's less expectation for fluffy light webdramas like this, I think douban ratings might go up as people finish watching? It's hilariously hard to find dramas that don't bomb itself half way through or drag out.

• Like 2

Wahahah I feel so happy watching episode 16.

Spoiler

They are so sweet in bed together!! Squeal

Going to save the rest for later this week... 

:lol: so proud of my will power (and really cos I still need to work tmr) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

No kidding. YX was basically an unknown actor before this show. I hope this show means he will be in more shows now. 

It should... look forward to more shows from him. Hopefully with good scripts and cast too. 

I’m curious to find the talent show that he won. Anyone has links to watch? I don’t need subs. 

• Like 2

Thank you for all those ending spoilers. Now I can finally watch it without worrying for bad ending. :D

Spoiler

Seems like neither Han Shou travelled to real world nor the actor travelled to the script. They just exist together in one body (??) :wacko: Confusing but it's a fantasy drama so I can't ask too much of logic :lol:

• LOL 2

40 minutes ago, Reverie said:

ROTAR’s Douban score seemed to climb higher the sweeter our OTP gets hehe I think the ascension must have been when HS decided not to kill QQ because she was too cute.

Leo and Yukee have greater star power too so I’m not really surprised at the viewership ratings. @Adidaem they both act well so you can just give it a try.

I’m just a little sad that ROTARs genre seems to appeal more so to a younger audience than traditional period dramas because of its unique storyline. I raved about it to my mom who usually loves period dramas but she brushed it off for being too over the top:huh: I mean, aren’t all the satirical gags the whole point?

+ WOW! YX AND ZLS CP ROSE TO NO15 :w00t: on WeiBo

but actually I’m a little mystified by the ending 

Reveal hidden contents

If the actor is HS how come he isn’t aware of his modern past like QQ and why does he have martial arts powers when QQ doesn’t? I feel like earlier foreshadowing would have made this more believable 

Hmmm...before QQ fell asleep and went into her script I wonder since the actor was seen flying when he was shooting his drama and once he's transported to the other world with her in his mind he can fly and do all that lol. I mean, Han Shuo's delusion does run wild. He talked himself into believing she loves him even when his right hand man points out all the bad things that QQ did hahaha

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

There’s was a live stream just before the new episodes aired with YX!! 

He was ultra funny and actually juiced a peach, drank the juice (complaining how bad the justice was) then he put an orange and banana on his head when asked about the CP. See link for picture of him with an orange and banana on his head  

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4511120495020642

Oh no. Am I the only one who can’t sit through the live stream as his make up was too obvious?

Yeah, kills me a bit when male actors make up is too obvious... I thought ROTAR guys make up was quite good. In some dramas sometimes the foundation is too light or the lipstick is too strong and I’ll cringe through those scenes... 
:o

• LOL 1

39 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Wahahah I feel so happy watching episode 16.

Reveal hidden contents

They are so sweet in bed together!! Squeal

Going to save the rest for later this week... 

:lol: so proud of my will power (and really cos I still need to work tmr) 

I was really impressed with the pacing. I expected them to drag for a few episodes, but no, they went right to the festival.

• Like 2