[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

On 8/26/2020 at 1:34 AM, maribella said:

Yes teacher oh Soon Nam, same actress is in the other show. It never went off the the ground.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:34 AM, maribella said:

other one is everybody says kangari or the likes. Cut short.

On 8/26/2020 at 2:35 AM, Saja La said:

The one drama that to me has fallen apart half way was the Beautiful you

On 8/26/2020 at 9:08 AM, Lmangla said:

hands down this is the most bizarre kdrama I have managed to sit through.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:38 PM, chococarmela said:

A drama that I’ve seen fall apart was Glass Mask. It was promising at first, then it went completely off the rails..

Thanks for all the responses guys. It looks like this drama will be joining a short, albeit notorious list of kdramaverse anomalies :lol:

@Lmangla - thanks for the link! That was a great read. That drama sounds so whacked I'm half tempted to give it a look - 12 characters written off/dead, and they even killed the DOG! They should've called that drama "Fatal Promise" :joy:

17 hours ago, maribella said:

If the writer wishes to really end it with a real WTH, we will see TI coming out of his office and telling his secretary that she's done a great job with the XX contract. He is buying her dinner. The woman turns and it turns out to HM all dolled up. 

I don't know whats scarier at this point ... the fact that I didn't think of this first, or the fact that you did :kiss_wink:

TI - ED - HJH

The best thing that can happen here is a vague (VERY VAGUE) open ending between these 3. Anything else at this point is just another dramatic reach in a drama that doesn't have anything left to use

ED-HJH is the worst possible for this simple reason, the love/attraction has completely one way in this relationship from the start. 103 episodes and I can't recall once that ED actually looked at HJH as anything but a sibling - And while this drama has excelled at trying to make the ridiculous seem rationale, it would be the biggest leap yet to have us believe that after wanting TI for the entire drama, after he SAVED HER LIFE, that she would suddenly give up and do the China shuffle with HJH and ...

Aww hell, that's probably whats gonna happen ...... :facepalm:

Anyway guys, its almost over - just revel in the knowledge that very soon, those of you who stuck it out for 104 episodes will be rewarded with the soon to be coveted " I watched ALL 104 episodes of Fatal Promise" Badge!

.... what? .... what are you talking about ..... what do you mean there's NO MORE BADGES???!!!

:headbang:

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Anyway guys, its almost over - just revel in the knowledge that very soon, those of you who stuck it out for 104 episodes will be rewarded with the soon to be coveted " I watched ALL 104 episodes of Fatal Promise" Badge!

We can just give ourselves an award. Though to be honest, I didn't start watching till halfway and FFWD a lot after that. So I'm ok with no memories of this strange show. 

@LeftCoastOppa She should be back for the party, so the end is .... strange like other episodes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I guess they did kind end up together but not in a satisfying way

Yes a kind of open ending ! 

TI ED shake hands just like in My Mister . Well writer followed My Mister / My Ajhushi script from beginning to end with all draggy crap in middle. 

Though not a satisfying ending still far better then worst I was expecting. 

All round of Applause to us the brave once :innocent:

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속
18 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Yes a kind of open ending ! 

TI ED shake hands just like in My Mister . Well writer followed My Mister / My Ajhushi script from beginning to end with all draggy crap in middle. 

Though not a satisfying ending still far better then worst I was expecting. 

All round of Applause to us the brave once :innocent:

Yayyy be sure to do some head shakes and say sorry to our brains. :hackingspree:

I see it as an ED-TI pairing. He did not let go of her hand, he kept her pen with that same old flashback - this is a cheap production- and thank goodness his hands were hidden. 
SJ is married with a baby, HJH is in NY, it's definitely an ED-TI pairing. 
EC's uncle is there but he isn't. MH is wearing her hair in a bun just like the first Few episodes. 

It's a time leap...

Bye everyone, it was great chatting with you, see you in another show. I am watching 'once again, fun family show. Not chatting. Then there's evil flower that I sort of peek into every so often,  my heart can't take it for too long. There's a little girl whose acting is just so cute.

Au revoir.

• Like 6

Thankfully a reasonable ending, I would of been disappointed if she ended up with crybaby, I would of understoond but been disappointed.  I mean she said while TI was in hospital she didnt want him to be alone anymore so why would they even bother to put that in the script if she was to remain married.

So yeah at least somewhat satisfying ending, i mean he was by her side digging up the trueth all the way and been her strength and courage as well...

• Like 4

Is anybody coming with me on Secret man Forum . @maribella @LeftCoastOppa @Lmangla

@fragglerock agree TI ED stood together till the end and still are . Love romance may happen in future but what remains in present is that they still can hold hands and smile at each other forever . 

Crybaby took a break and is doing well . Away from TI with whom he always had a an inferiority complex. By grabbing ED he just wanted to prove his point . But he let go coz he never got peace. For ED it never mattered with whom she was . TI  and crybaby both had place in her heart. 

Edit Papa  Choi and  Cobra Choi got family reunion in jail .Loved the peace and happiness on CJH face when he saw his dad.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Is anybody coming with me on Secret man Forum . @maribella @LeftCoastOppa @Lmangla

@fragglerock agree TI ED stood together till the end and still are . Love romance may happen in future but what remains in present is that they still can hold hands and smile at each other forever . 

Crybaby took a break and is doing well . Away from TI with whom he always had a an inferiority complex. By grabbing ED he just wanted to prove his point . But he let go coz he never got peace. For ED it never mattered with whom she was . TI  and crybaby both had place in her heart. 

Papa Cha and Cobra Cha got family reunion in jail .Loved the peace and happiness on CJH face when he saw his dad.

Will check it out, but I am not expecting much from 100 plus shows.

Papa Cha and Cobra Cha? Are you talking Choi?

Old Choi died in 103, maybe CJH died too?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I am watching 'once again, fun family show.

I'm also watching that show, but I didn't comment on the forum.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that ED ended up with TI, since I kinda guessed it from the beginning.

The ending was quite predictable but at least it's a decent ending, better than the previous drama, Gracious Revenge.

Overall, I would give this drama a 3/10, not a great drama, and it was frustrating to watch, but IMO it's far better than some dramas with the same timeslot.

Oh well, not sure if I would spend my time to watch the new drama, because I'm suffering from hair loss for yanking too much of my hair. But, we'll see. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Finally saw it with subtitles .

Best  happy endings award goes to Papa Choi and Son Choi  in jail. Ah what a warm tight hug father son had in their prison reunion. CJ H is bossing around in jail too though denying lung treatment . Now that he met his dad so well he will take the treatment i am sure. 

HW ended up in  jail ( I think) . Though nothing was shown much about her.

SJ finally gave up on TI and was the only one who gave him an honest talk. She justified HJ H act of letting ED go and even asked TI to go for ED. She told him that ED tried hard to make it work with HJ H but they were never happy together. So writer redeemed SJ as well.She got married , tied her hairs and is babysitting her toddler. A happy ending for her too . 

It felt good seeing Chairman Han and MH so happy together. I loved their happy ending. 

Now my crybaby ( Wait! Did I say my ! ) Well  though HJ H  kept on saying he was leaving ED for her sake. But fact is He left her coz he was fed up. Fed up being blamed by Chois . Fed up of ED's thankful sympathy words but no Wifey hug or wink.( Crybaby is a man too !) Plus Chois made their life hell. Abba mama kept blaming ED for sending CJ H to jail ,still not accepting that he is a murderer . EC was always in danger of getting exposed, his crazy grandma was not ready to let go of him. So the guy realised their was no happy ending for him with ED . It was a forever pain . So just like TI left ED feeling guilty . HJ H left ED feeling miserable. 

I liked the twist when ED used her Ajhushi connections to get  herself transferred to China and left HJ H running behind her taxi :glasses:. So cool of her . HJ H thought of becoming hero but their too got tricked by ED . Poor guy ended up in Amerika. China got lucky. No floods for China.

Now ED,  our revenge girl.She is single.  Both men  in her life left her for her sake . Though one still  remains stuck to her like chewing gum . Her Ajhushi !  He still stands on one leg for her. She just needs to order him . He will offer his head ( body I mean :p) But ED don't forget to slap him before you break his bones in bed. ( here my prediction comes true!)

Now EC . He got in middle school and has a girlfriend. There he goes .I wish Choi  blood never overpowers him.

Last but not the least our Superman , my hero Kang Taien. The man is unbeatable! He is smart,  he is rich , he is powerful, he is handsome but but but he is super dull and boring! He stands  rock strong all through. Am happy for him. He deserves everything he has except for his loneliness which he seems to enjoy. 

Now that I see ED so bright and charged ,  the way she blushed and smiled while holding TI  hands . It was like TI would pull her anytime and punch a kiss on her. ( Lonely ! He won't be! ) ED did ask for his life so that she can live with him. 

Finally me ! Am happy . Ready to move on for next show. But will rewatch first 65 episodes again. ( coz I am still in love with my TI ED and CJH)

Waiting to read you guys . Write on.

• Like 7

Just finished Episode 104 -

Well it could've been alot worse ...

Thanks for hanging in there til the end guys - This thread was actually more enjoyable than the drama itself, so again thanks all for making and keeping it fun!

I'm planning to take a pass on new daily dramas til October, when the Phoenix remake comes out. Until then, for those of you watching Secret Man, if it turns out REALLY good, tag me and I'll give it a look.

Meanwhile - I'll be watching Alice, Do You Like Brahms?, and Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (when it finally premieres) so if those are on any of your lists ... I'll see you there!

Until next time guys - Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!  :blush:

• Like 3

I was so curious about CJH's reunion with old Choi whom I thought died ( he dreamt his dad died) that I risked by brain to watch 104. Thank goodness it was so dull and predictable that my brain is intact. Not bad reunion, father son are convicts?
The TV station must have realised that HJH actor was not catching the viewers' fancy, so they made him self-sacrifice because his 'family' did horrible things to her. Solution was at hand if the viewers liked him. Chairman Han divorced MH who were living apart, and SJ followed her mother - the end of that relationship and family.
So they used that as an excuse to pair her with TI but  HJH's mother is still related to the Han heir etc. etc. so ED will still be seeing and bumping into the Chois. :neutral: 

Feel sorry for HW, the mother feels  guilty, yes she did accept the money. 
But HW was a really stupid cardiac surgeon character, unbelievable. A not brilliant real one would insist on a thorough vindication, it was only 30k, that should not be a fraction of her salary. Even for 300 k, she could fight it. :neutral:

:elated:bye

• Like 4

am not sure why the writer decided to force feed the romance again which never existed in the first place. do we care if robot and eun dong like each other? ummm, no! the best ending if all had been single and moved on with other people like seo ju. the fake open ending was such a bore; in the end, grand romance was actually chairman and myung hee. hahahahha...

@LeftCoastOppa ~ am looking forward to phoenix as well as I loved the original it is based on. lets see how it gets translated into a daily. otherwise, chingus am looking forward to lie of lies which starts next week.

hope to see you all in another thread. this drama was ridiculously dumb but had a ball laughing with you! :dorakiss:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@maribella I don’t think writer broke crybaby ED coz of viewership . In fact   they were fitted together coz of that (I feel! ) Writer  always had MY Mister script in mind . According to that script ML FL had a special relationship where ML was more kind of mentor to FL while FL was always in love with him . Ending was bound to be open. 
@Lmangla did not we all mark that their was no romance or couple thing for Leads in this drama . Drama was purely revenge and repeat loop. Writer never tried to built  any couple relationship except for veterans . Choi Parent , TI parents and Chairman Han MH had more romantic coupling then Leads ! Leads were just busy planning revenge .

• Like 3