[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

1 hour ago, Adritz_ said:

After watching today ep. I was thinking that it would be better for all the main characters to live away from each other and wait for the next life.

Because everyone makes so many wrong decisions, it's hard to hope they are happy.

There are so many villains, misunderstandings, bad decisions in this drama, that makes me want to shout at the characters.

But even so I will watch until the end, because this drama became my guilty pleasure (and I love watching SH in a suit).

Even if they wait for next life it will be the same mess all over again. Maybe the best option for them was never to meet each other ever again lol :lol:

I mean look at SH he was doing pretty well before he meet SB again. SB too was doing pretty good. Maybe they were never meant to be together huhu..

To be honest right now it's best to watch the drama with no expectations at all. Enjoy the craziness and try not get shock with whatever happened .. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@innrukia: SH needed to say he made a mistake and felt bad for a year to SB at that proper moment, and she didn't get the right answer she expected to hear, so she turned her back on him. That's her perspective I see. SH & SB have different view points on life and personalities. This is a big problem in a relationship. SB is a kind of person very friendly, tolerant, and willing to forgive people's sins and she made some stupid mistakes. 

48 minutes ago, Abmas Fawer said:

@innrukia: SH needed to say he made a mistake and felt bad for a year to SB at that proper moment, and she didn't get the right answer she expected to hear, so she turned her back on him. That's her perspective I see. SH & SB have different view points on life and personalities. This is a big problem in a relationship. SB is a kind of person very friendly, tolerant, and willing to forgive people's sins and she made some stupid mistakes. 

But why would SH need to do that again? From SH pov it was his way to protect her, and JB's a potential suspect who might harmed her.

Unless JB clear his name, or SH found out the real culprit, I don't see any reason for him to regret his action. That's why all that he can do rn is only to do more investigation. But can't SB understand him for even a little & give him more support to prove that his action is wrong & her pov of JB is right by keep standing by his side & give him the time to investigated all things?

Nope, she dumped him, avoiding him, reject his call & messages, tsk3.

Also, JB has never regret instigated a murder to SH too, but why SB can forgive him in less than a day but unable to do the same to SH whom at least had his reason to shoot, which's to protect her & he won't do such thing if she's not being stupid getting lured & trapped and message SH just to misunderstood the whole thing?

I don't see her love to SH at all, instead she keep remembering JB & getting all wavered seeing her own reaction to him.

Tbh, I just want SH/HB don't go wasting his time again on this foolish girl who apparently only had a thing/can feel related with people with twisted mind only, but not to her so called lover.

She can go to JB/GJC or whatevever, getting herself endangered again & this time just let her tasting her own medicine for keep risking her life meddling over some psycopaths. 

SH/HB shdn't risking his life over & over for this frustating FL.

18 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

But why would SH need to do that again? From SH pov it was his way to protect her, and JB's a potential suspect who might harmed her.

Unless JB clear his name, or SH found out the real culprit, I don't see any reason for him to regret his action. That's why all that he can do rn is only to do more investigation. But can't SB understand him for even a little & give him more support to prove that his action is wrong & her pov of JB is right by keep standing by his side & give him the time to investigated all things?

Nope, she dumped him, avoiding him, reject his call & message, tsk3.

Also, JB has never regret instigated a murder to SH too, but why SB can forgive him in less than a day but unable to do the same to SH whom at least had his reason to shoot, which's to protect her & he won't do such thing if she's not being stupid getting lured & trapped and message SH just to misunderstood the whole thing?

Fact, SH was suspended a year because his wrong doing. 

From SB's perspective, he made a mistake.

From SH's perspective, he did nothing wrong. So, they don't have the same view point. It is a big hole in their relationship.

JB is a psychopath who urged a person to kill SH, but SH was never shot in head (near death) by JB. And I know a lot of women don't want to get married or have a relationship to guys never say sorry.

29 minutes ago, Abmas Fawer said:

Fact, SH was suspended a year because his wrong doing. 

From SB's perspective, he made a mistake.

From SH's perspective, he did nothing wrong. So, they don't have the same view point. It is a big hole in their relationship.

JB is a psychopath who urged a person to kill SH, but SH was never shot in head (near death) by JB. And I know a lot of women don't want to get married or have a relationship to guys never say sorry.

Then it's even worst, this girl dumped him at his lowest point and not even tried to understand him a bit.

Don't tell me that SH never shot in the head by JB, JB instigated a murder to him, he can still get him killed no matter it's in the head or not & I don't see the differences, except that SH at least had his reason to protect the girl he loves, while for JB? It's a real murderous intention because he did that just to remove SH from his way to the FL's heart. But guess what, SB welcomed JB with her opened arm while with SH she keep making her disgusted face to him.

And why SH need to say sorry when none of this things was his fault to begin with?

He won't shoot if JB isn't a primary suspect at the wrong time at the wrong place with suspicious surroundings, and his name as suspect wasn't even cleared on the list yet.

That's why I don't see the point of SH/HB keep making an effort to fight for SB's love, because I doubt if there was even any, and this girl, sigh, is just not that worthy for all the efforts he made.

Because if all the things SB did to SH she did it in the name of love, then I don't think she even know what love is truly means.

She abandoned him at his lowest point & move forward without regret, don't tell me it's her definition of love.

After watching Episode 11 with subs . . . . my brain froze for about 30 minutes.  The episode for me makes my head dizzy and it is kind of a mess.:tears:

What I got from  the episode is Seo Tak Hae, the gangster, has a grudge against KSH because of his brother and is using JB/GJC to exact revenge against KSH. I just don't get it what STH revenge has got to do with the story?? 

Also, I think HB got resurrected in KSH body because the wedding ring he was clutching protected him from being reborn as GJC in SH's body (crazy idea right but it think this is right). As what Hyemi's narration said, GJC wants to be reborn as SH but it did not happen in the present time instead Hyunbin is reborn in Soo Hyuk's body.

As for HB reborn in SH's body in the present time is kind of lost and he does not even know how to use a cellphone.:( I just wanna hug him in this episode.:):heart:

As for JB, it is as if he was reborn as GJC?? I don't know but I have an eerie feeling.

As for SB, I will just hold my judgment for now but in this episode, I am kind of mad at her towards her attitude to SH. I don't know her reasons why but SH already explained that he was just doing it to protect her. I know SB does not hate him but what SB does not like is that SH was not remorseful about the incident. But I think he was remorseful but SB did not give him the opportunity to explain further because SH is already thinking that if it is not JB there must be another guy involved or another persona involved in the murders. At least in this episode, we get to see that GJC was not the one who murdered all those ladies but I think JB's father, Chief Pros., was the murderer and they (Chief Pros. & Hyemi) are trying to cover it up by murdering GJC. I don't know the storytelling of this drama is crazy and I don't know where the writer direction of the writer wanted it to go. All I know, that GJC/JB and STH has a grudge against KSH/HB. I don't know SH/HB past sins but I think it has got to do with STH brother in the present and Ha Eun's parents in the past.

As for SH & SB/HB & HE lovestory will go but I hope and pray that in the end, they will still find each other and fulfill what happened in the past ..... to get married and live happily (still my shipper heart is hopeful).:):heart:

Did Sabin ever say she loves SH? She said she likes him. I dont think she loves him unconditionally to compromise on things she values the most. I think they are not meant to be together. Subconsciously its HA and GJC who has real love connection?  

I'm enjoying the show because I have not rooted for any couple, though I like Cheonsa a bit. I'm cherishing the moments of these characters with each other because there is only 5 episodes, less than 3 weeks left. 

I'm going to miss the excitement over the weekends waiting for Monday to come. 

Also going to hugely miss Cheonsa JSY-JKY BTS, the only thing I go back to watching on internet.:tounge_wink: Hope they work together again in Rom-Com. 

Also, I would like to add, that acting of Lee Soo Hyuk in the scene where he remembered how Hyunbin died and the lovestory of HB and HE was amazing.  I was crying watching it.:bawling:

I really hope and pray that SH/HB will not die in this drama and will have a happy ending.:)

1 hour ago, Plummpychan said:

Then it's even worst, this girl dumped him at his lowest point and not even tried to understand him a bit.

Don't tell me that SH never shot in the head by JB, JB instigated a murder to him, he can still get him killed no matter it's in the head or not & I don't see the differences, except that SH at least had his reason to protect the girl he loves, while for JB? It's a real murderous intention because he did that just to remove SH from his way to the FL's heart. But guess what, SB welcomed JB with her opened arm while with SH she keep making her disgusted face to him.

And why SH need to say sorry when none of this things was his fault to begin with?

He won't shoot if JB isn't a primary suspect at the wrong time at the wrong place with suspicious surroundings, and his name as suspect wasn't even cleared on the list yet.

That's why I don't see the point of SH/HB keep making an effort to fight for SB's love, because I doubt if there was even any, and this girl, sigh, is just not that worthy for all the efforts he made.

Because if all the things SB did to SH she did it in the name of love, then I don't think she even know what love is truly means.

She abandoned him at his lowest point & move forward without regret, don't tell me it's her definition of love.

Man is usually a person to break down his ego to say sorry to woman first when their relationship is getting worse and he doesn't want to end it with the woman he loves even not his fault. This is a serious situation for SH & SB. It's a year, not a week or a month. But I doubt SH could do it because his self esteem is too high and everything he does is right. 

31 minutes ago, pamela572 said:

Also, I would like to add, that acting of Lee Soo Hyuk in the scene where he remembered how Hyunbin died and the lovestory of HB and HE was amazing.  I was crying watching it.:bawling:

I really hope and pray that SH/HB will not die in this drama and will have a happy ending.:)

Wow I have never seen so many theories on this dark drama, and the hatred for poor JSY.  Last night, its touching scene when he felt his body stabbed, brain crushed and collapsed after seeing HB hologram.   Superb acting on this scene.  Back to the ill fated couple reunited in the 20s, these can be seen in previous episodes where SB subconsciously finding HB/SH.  She did said to JB that her feelings for SH will not changed as he is the one she loved.  To her, JB is an adopted family just like her 2 uncles, and SH is the one she loved. Her feelings for SH is still there but her stubborness and obsess to find JB cloud her feeling.    I am sure the writer has plotted the suffering before they reunited as SB finally able to recall her 80s memories with HB, and they both felt the pain in the 20s.  As for JB, he is being brainwashed by the gangster during the 1yr recuperating from his brain surgery.  He has some memory as can be seen when he visit the OLD FUTURE bookstore, and also calling SA.  His revenge instinct has not gone away.  In fact its worse than before, thus putting SB and SH in danger, and going after SA will be another mistake again.  Trust the writer will not disappoint the viewers who desperately want a SH/SB reunited.

The latest episode sure hurled a lot of questions our way, thickening the mystery within the plot. Some of the questions and answers I had asked myself and answered myself (yes talking to myself because of a K-Drama, lunacy at an all new level hahaha).

Btw totally agree on the fact that LSH and JKY's acting were both so great in the latest episode!!! I always enjoyed the fact that JKY likes to keep his expression changes very subtle too.

1. Why does SB avoid SH?
Another commenter mentioned SB is not mad with SH for the shot but mad because he did not regret the shot. Also mad for SH insisting that JB is the killer even when he knew it was not him.

Despite all her explanations, I am just getting a feel that she's doing it out of guilt (as brought up by another commenter, sorry I am so bad with quoting and remembering the usernames of Soompiers). Like many commenters had mentioned, she had said she loved SH so much. What changed? I think she attributed JB getting hurt was because of her. And SH doing something so ruthless was also because of out of protecting her. Maybe it was not out of rejection of SH, but she didn't want to further be a reason for them to do things for the sake of protecting her.

I mean, if I were stuck in a love triangle like that and men were doing all sorts of ruthless things which hurt others because of me, I would feel bad as well. I would distance and hide myself as I was part of the problem.

2. What's real and what's not in HM's narration in the beginning of the episode?
It's quite difficult to catch up in this part since I was just starting the show and there was no mental warm up before the show hit me with something so difficult to digest all at once hahahaha.

But I think the part referring to getting pregnant with GJC's child might be referring to GJC's dad instead since only that part had no visual of GJC doing anything related to that for us audience to see. Some of the rest might be half truths miscontrued in a way that HM wants to portray the story. But it does seem real that GJC survived the hanging. He also contacted HM because if I remembered correctly, his dad did tell him to contact HM if he ran into any problems in the earlier episodes, right?

3. Why did HM & Prosecutor Chun want GJC to die?
I understand that the prosecutor might have done it to protect himself as he had made a mistake in his investigation and wrongfully convicted GJC for the murders that were not linked to him. HM might be doing it to protect the actual murderer (GJC's father)? Could that be it?

4. Does JB now have GJC memories?
I am actually unsure about this theory that was brought up. Although SH did seem to get HB memories but so far in the latest episode there is no clear indication (at least to me) that JB has GJC memories after he was shot.

Plus, he called SA (if it was GJC, I don't see why there was a need to call SA or if he would even remember who SA was). Did he spend 1 year in hiding to come up with a better plan since SA outwitted him previously? Is he attempting to play with SA's head instead this time instead of being the one getting played out? Is he attempting to pretend to be GJC? OR was it that he saw a number on his phone named as GJC and that was the only name he was familiar with? JB also instinctively remembers the passcode to his home. So maybe he just forgot parts of his JB memories without regaining GJC memories.

HM did mention in earlier episodes that JB was very interested in GJC since young so even if without GJC memories, he might possibly be able to act out some similarities for the purpose of fooling with SA. But if he does go on such a route, it would be interesting to see if HM will catch on because she had written in some fiction into her book about GJC (which is also one of the sources JB learns of GJC).

5. Why did HM bury HB with Wuthering Heights so that he will be born as GJC?
This part really makes me curious and I wonder why HM wanted HB to be born as GJC? Is it because she wanted HB to understand GJC because in their lives then HB seems to have had a deep misunderstanding about GJC. Why did HM even bury HB? This makes me very curious. Because she did not seem to have a very clear reasoning to do so. 

Does HB getting buried seem somewhat illegal also? Hahaha I mean, the fact that his body gets discovered means they weren't just burying him after recording his death legally right? Why did they have to hide the tracks of GJC's killing of HB? Is it because it obviously proves that the style of killing is very different? And GJC is definitely not the murderer they should be capturing? This aspect leaves me with a lot of questions.

Also, is it because HM did not realise that HB equally holds dear Wuthering Heights and that's why in the current life we are still seeing SH with HB memories (not born as GJC in a way?). I am not sure if SH is currently really labelled as a murderer in SB's heart. I mean, she's giving him a cold shoulder. But she's definitely not all like "You're a beast!" the way HE was towards GJC. So it doesn't seem to be matching up enough for me.

6. Was HB attempting to confess to HE about something?
Tbh I was a bit lost when I was watching this part but grateful to all Soompiers for giving their enlightening comments. Sure helps me every week to read them and follow closer on the storyline.

In discussion of confession of sins, HE did mention that instead of confessing, one can protect the person, stay by their side and risk their lives instead. This makes me think if it was the reason why HB (and even SH) wants to protect HE/SB with everything he's got in his past life and even in his current. If it's true, it's definitely beautifully written and explains a lot of SH's illogical behaviour just to protect SB.

7. Why did STH sent JB back to his home?
Seems like he doesn't purely want JB just as a tool of revenge against SH (for the death of his brother). Is he attempting to revenge upon JB's father too (since SH is his people)? Or is it also out of a sense of helping JB get what he deserves after seeing how JB's mother values JB's brain more than his actual safety and survivalhood. I know JB's mom is a horrendous person but seeing her calling the little brother sort of to replace JB, makes me so angry. Like why do you even bother to have kids, you crazy woman. STH seems to be kinder than what we might have seen before this.

I love what the drama seems to be trying to portray. A lot of seemingly good people can have unimaginable evil within them. While seemingly obvious type of ill intentioned people sometimes have more conscience and sense of justice than meets the eye.

The drama constantly blurs the line between those who are good and those who are bad. I love it because it speaks so much truth about the reality that is around us.

4 hours ago, Swatkats said:

Did Sabin ever say she loves SH? She said she likes him. I dont think she loves him unconditionally to compromise on things she values the most. 

I don't agree with the second part of your post (I still think HB/SH and HE/SB are the OTP:P) but I agree with the first part SH isn't sure she is in love with SH yet. She barely knows him. She likes him a lot but she has only known him for a few weeks, they have only gone one date, they are in the getting to know you stage of dating, not even in a proper relationship. Then he shoots her innocent friend point blank in the back of head, just leaves him to bleed out die-doesn't even call an ambulance, and doesn't show any regret. That is pretty shocking and unappealing behaviour to someone like SB who values kindness and forgiveness. I think in those circumstances her distancing herself is understandable.

@Abmas Fawer I agree with your posts about SH and SB

7 hours ago, Adritz_ said:

There are so many villains, misunderstandings, bad decisions in this drama, that makes me want to shout at the characters.

But even so I will watch until the end, because this drama became my guilty pleasure (and I love watching SH in a suit).

I agree it gets frustrating! So many characters drifting in and out, sub-plots, twists, misunderstandings, so many weirdos and psychos.

Totally agree with your last paragraph (especially SH looks so good in a suit!:lol:)

4 hours ago, pamela572 said:

What I got from  the episode is Seo Tak Hae, the gangster, has a grudge against KSH because of his brother and is using JB/GJC to exact revenge against KSH. I just don't get it what STH revenge has got to do with the story?? 

I think it's using STH as a useful plot device to rescue JB/JC, give him an ally and provide info post-time skip, and turn him against SH even more. It's a bit of a waste of an intriguing character and the very charasmatic actor IMO. The drama has just sort of had him hanging around on the periphery when it would have been better to integrate him more into the story IMO.

3 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Also mad for SH insisting that JB is the killer even when he knew it was not him.

But I don't think he knew though, how can SB be that sure of JB? How can SH be sure of JB when all the clues are pointing at him?

3 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

I think she attributed JB getting hurt was because of her

I wouldn't be that upset with her if that's the case. But it seems to me that she put all the blame to SH for not noticing the good of JB.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Then he shoots her innocent friend point blank in the back of head, just leaves him to bleed out die-doesn't even call an ambulance, and doesn't show any regret

How can SH be sure that JB is innocent?

If only the reason for SB being upset at SH is because he doesn't regret for not helping him & left him to die then I'd understand. But it isn't like that. SB make a clear point that the reason she's mad is because SH didn't regret accusing JB as the murderer.

When given the clue & circumstances SH that time JB indeed is suspicious from SH pov, so it's really frustating to see SB like this. She always had a 100% pure trust to JB & never try to understand SH let alone put herself on SH shoes.

That's why you see SH reaction to her question is just how he doesn't regret if that would make her still alive even if she ended up hating him, I'm truly sad for SH.

I feel like SB truly think herself as JB life saviour but neglected every rational things she shd be thinking too and doesn't have a slight concern to what SH must have been feeling at all, she doesn't even give him the chance to talk/clarify more about that night.

So I don't see any reason for me to root for them get together again, when SH is the only person who make the effort & keep trying to make sure she's saved.

Probably there's no love for SH from SB to begin with, she shd have just left SH alone from the beginning & stop torturing both men & driving them crazy.

Why HB shd faced all of this mess again & this time there's no love from the girl he loves. What a suck life HB had. He must've been tired already & just want to be left rest in peace alone.

Imagine if SB&SH gets married and SB keep being involved at every pitiful psychopath she met & getting herself in danger everytime while never listen to SH advice but keep defending them all the time & blame him if anything goes wrong, how torturing SH/HB life would be, gosh!

Seems like the real definition of nightmare to me.

4 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

But I don't think he knew though, how can SB be that sure of JB? How can SH be sure of JB when all the clues are pointing at him?

I wouldn't be that upset with her if that's the case. But it seems to me that she put all the blame to SH for not noticing the good of JB.

Yeah I thought that part of the dialogue which she said that was funny as well since there was no conclusive evidence to the both of them that it was not JB. She knew instinctively but SH would not have been able to tell especially since he was not even able to hear about his backstory of sitting by the schoolgirl that fell off the building for 3 days. But perhaps she was just giving an excuse to distance him. As she did not really seem that angry when she had said that. Overall I don't feel any form of hatred or much ill feelings from SB towards SH. Either it's purposely portrayed that way or the actress must have been doing a bad job hahahaha. Like the rest of the comments have pointed out the fact that if she could be so empathising and believed in the best of JB, I am sure she could have done the same for SH. She probably had her reasons for doing otherwise. Hurrr I can't wait for tonight's episode *curls up and rocks self*

30 minutes ago, 4JennieN said:

I just hope that they don't make Soo-huyk into a bad guy.  why do I have a feeling that the writing is heading to a reverse order to make Soo-huyk the bad guy and Jong-Boem the good guy????

No, I don't think so, in fact none of the main characters is bad in fact, not even JC, he killed without realizing what he was doing badly, but it doesn't take away any of his guilt, it just amazes me that even now that he's all remembered he regrets not telling her about his feelings, and again he makes the same mistake, he wants forgiveness from his beloved,
which cannot forgive him for what he has done. The only bad thing in this story is a gangster who seeks revenge, I think he will be surprised, because JC has his own plans. And I thought what a ridiculous situation Sa Bіn was in, just imagine, a man she likes, she still likes so much, suddenly turns into a completely different person, he doesn't know her and misses some unknown girl who was once dear to him, I think it will be such a punishment for all her foolish deeds,
for this new man is dear a girl she does not know and has never heard of, I hope she will suffer and be jealous until she remembers all her past life.

Very sad episode, although there were some great scenes with a formalin couple, but it looks like the prosecutor said goodbye to HA it was so painful and he wasn't going to force Sa Bin to be together, he just said goodbye to his feelings, it was so sad.

14 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Very sad episode, although there were some great scenes with a formalin couple, but it looks like the prosecutor said goodbye to HA it was so painful and he wasn't going to force Sa Bin to be together, he just said goodbye to his feelings, it was so sad.

Is it? I watched them live but don't understand the message as there's a lot of dialogues.

Kinda enjoy the new GJC, at least he's being honest with SH/HB, it's about time, none of this mess would happened if he clarify his pov instead of keep provoking SH/HB & it'd cleared up any misunderstanding. I feel the new GJC is the sanest ver of him, saner than the old GJC & CJB. I also like to see that he's being direct on who his real enemy is & faced them.

As for Sa bin, I gave up on her already, at least she's being consistent on keep leading both men, well, no, in this ep it's just GJC/JB only, she practically shut SH/HB off except for professional matters. So I hope what you said is true, that SH/HB said goodbye to his feelings, good for him, it's better that way. He need to accept that SB is not HE, I feel like they even a total different character.

HB scene at HE cemetry is so sad. And the scene at the old future when he remember everything, ugh, LSH acting is so good, it felt so real & I cried everytime.

I'm really curious with their next ep preview though, hope @whiteclover can help with the translation if the video is up? :D

@Oksana Sutra It was sad, but I don’t think it’s over between them. 
I need subtitles, so many conversations.

and it looks GJC reveals himself to CHB and He talked about GIW.

And Sang Ah is indeed GIW’s daughter.

The remains found it was from GJC?
The preview has some things interesting - Sang Ah will be arrest and GIW is alive.

Archived