[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

22 minutes ago, Arcticmama said:

Reincarnated SB has GC heart which explains why she can feel this  pain in her heart after slightly touching his JC hand that day she almost drowned. 

SB felt pain in her heart? I don’t remember this, but about the transplant,  the years don’t match. JB was already born when She received the heart. 

22 minutes ago, Arcticmama said:

There is a posibility that GJC has dissociative personality disorder, one personality being the 'dad' who already died 15 years back from 1987.

I thought this too, but in today’s episode Hye Mi talked with a prosecutor about GJC’s alibi in the first case of the serial killer murders. He was in hospital when the first girl died, so he didn’t kill all the girls and his father probably exist. 

@kdramafan1 I don’t think he allowed this ritual. He shot himself in the head, I think He don’t make any idea what Hye Mi did. 

————————-

One thing I didn’t understand why did Hye Mi want GJC to die ? You know she did a lot to help him, but in the end She called the prosecutor to said GJC was alive and where he can find him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jeilopes said:

SB is not mad with Soo Hyuk because the shot.

She is mad because He did not regret the shot.  

It makes more sense now.

Did you get this from dialogue in the episode?  I watched without translation.

Even so, this bothers me as JB did not regret trying to have SH killed, he regretted that SB was injured instead.  I'd like to think she'll understand the difference between JB/SH before the finale but I'm losing hope.

3 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:

Did you get this from dialogue in the episode?  I watched without translation.

Yeah, she said that to him.

She also said he insist the guilty was JB, even when he knew it was not him.

And He said he doesn't care as long she is alive and He will protect her, even that she hates him.

Well, I don't agree with her, but she always talked about regret.

7 hours ago, roli said:

Already saw todays episode I am just full of more queations. 

I agree. :weary: 

Its a fact, every character in this drama has some serious issues. They all want revenge or inflict some serious pain and suffering on everyone involved.

6 hours ago, jeilopes said:

One thing I didn’t understand why did Hye Mi want GJC to die ? You know she did a lot to help him, but in the end She called the prosecutor to said GJC was alive and where he can find him.

@jeilopes do you reckon Hye Mi wanted to make GJC wish come true as the only way to be reincarnated to die, right? She's probably wanted others to do her dirty work - she's a master at manipulation or persuasion or cohersion -  she's playing a game with everyone. She's had practice at convincing a jury or maybe clever use of words is all she needs to stir the game her way? What's JB dad got to gain from all of this though? I don't get her motive nor JB's dad's. Everyone seems to want or gain something from GJC now that he's back.

I don't think I agree with this 360 turn of events - so now everyone stuck in the past and their present selves are buried deep somewhere in their subconscious. Someone shock SB so she can regains her memories too and join the club. hehe. Looks like the latest body could be HE - maybe after they reconstructed her face - she might get the same shock as SH did. Maybe SB will find that polaroid picture which was in SH pocket but has mysteriously disappeared or will he put in the memory box?

I hope they explain the paintings with the UV ink. They can't just show that and leave it at that for the next 2 eps. :confounded:   

4 hours ago, jeilopes said:

Yeah, she said that to him.

She also said he insist the guilty was JB, even when he knew it was not him.

And He said he doesn't care as long she is alive and He will protect her, even that she hates him.

Well, I don't agree with her, but she always talked about regret.

I think a lot of people have issues with her character. She forgave JB so easily even when he said he loved her and wanted to kill SH so he can have her. His plan failed but she still got hurt in the process. I am not saying what SH did wasn't wrong.. I mean he shot someone in the head as their backs were turned. Not good but I understand why he did it. Just that he could have shot him anywhere but the head or even talked to him. SB self awareness or self presenvation is lacking - we all know that. I am loss for words on her actions. *sigh* 

SH regretted it later but she can't accept his reaction as easily as JB's. 

14 hours ago, jeilopes said:

I don't think JB is gone. He was in the library he met Sabin and called Sang Ah.

Sang Ah said just JB knows her number.

So GJC has some JB's memories.

SB is not mad with Soo Hyuk because the shot.

She is mad because He did not regret the shot.  

It makes more sense now.

Finally, watched today's episode with subtitles and I have to say I find the criticism of SB excessive and unfair.  I think her reasoning for distancing herself from SH is understandable.  She is upset that he shot her friend-who she believes is innocent-point blank in the back of the head and didn't show any remorse.  I agree with her. I thought his actions in that scene were ruthless and scary and for him to show no regret after the fact is upsetting.  Between that and the unapologetic evidence tampering it probably makes SB wonder just how unethical he is and how far he will go. The fact that he was suspended for a year shows that his actions were not acceptable professionally either.

This episode also establishes that Jicheol was, definitely not guilty of all the yellow umbrella murders and Hye Mi and the Chief Prosecutor were trying to cover that up back then. Who were they covering for?  I am also wondering if Hyung Bin's guess when he was first investigating  that there were two murderers working together was correct.

I still don't understand how JC survived the execution. Was it just luck?

17 hours ago, whiteclover said:

Okay , i remembered the front part was JHM reciting her storybook (lol), the part after GJC escaped 

In his remaining time,he went to fulfill his last wish. That last wish was Revenge (wth??). 

The detective who tortured GJC, and his lover, who testified in court.

GJC believes, they two should be punished....

dude... doesnt this mean JHM (SA's mum) actually recognizes SH???? 

p.s Aside, omg LSH's acting was super solid today when he collapsed? And after he became HB. Probably because (imo) HB & SH's character has a larger contrast as compared to GJC vs JB ? Like it was a temporal relief in enjoying his acting skills from the whole confusing episode today!! I was so impressed it looked so realistic.

Also, the subtle shift in expression at the end for JB/JC when he left his Dad's room!! That was damn good too!! :bawling:

Thanks for translating!  So JC is back to get his revenge?  It's so difficult because Hye mi is definitely an unreliable narrator.  As @jeilopes have said she seems to be combining Gong JiCheol's story with his father.

Agreed LSH's acting was incredible in this episode.  As you said it is more noticeable as there is such a difference between the emotions and temperaments of HB and SH. I still don't understand why they would have all his 30+ years memories as KSH just disappear so it was like we were suddenly in a time travel drama or something!  I hope his SH memories will come back because we really don't need him having to deal with being a fish out water scenario on top of everything else:lol:  Maybe they will have them come back in his subconscious like the way JB/JC's could remember the door code.

Other random thoughts:

- Hye Mi was the one who told HB's attacker to bury him with the Wuthering Heights book as a type of memorial service.  She said so in the next life he can be born like GJC as GJC cherished the book as if it was his life.

- That flashback to when Ha Eun and Hyung Bin first met makes me think there is something HB was going to confess to SB but after he heard her conversation with the customer about confessing and then spoke to HE about confessing, he decided to stay by her side and protect her rather than tell her whatever he came to see her for originally. Notice he was carrying a keepsake from the site of her parent's accident but it seems like he decides not to give it to her after all.  In the original character description for Hyung Bin, it mentioned that HB had a sin.  I wonder if this sin is associated with Ha Eun's parents and their death?

(By the way, the book Ha Eun was talking about with the customer is a famous 19th century novel called "Tess of the d'Ubervilles" by Thomas Hardy.  In the book the heroine, Tess, confesses to her new husband, Angel, on their wedding night that in the past she was raped and gave birth to a baby that died. Angel can't forgive her for not being "pure" and abandons her.  It's a very depressing book.)

- JB's mother is a terrible mother.  She only values JB as a trophy and when it seems that trophy might damaged or tarnished she throws him away.

- Seok Tae Ha rescued JB but why?  He is going to use him as weapon against SH somehow.  I find this character very interesting and I really like the actor. I wish they had integrated him to the plot better and earlier in the drama.

- JC/JB seemed quite happy with his new life.  It's true even if his family is trash, it's still a better life than the one he lived as JC.  Like Seok Tae Ha said he has everything now (brins, look money, talent, connections).  I appreciated JKY's subtle acting shifts in this scene.

- Ha Eun was still alive when JC escaped the execution and his first action was to find her.  JB's first action after returning home was to go to 'Old Future'.

-  I think Sang Ah dressing up in a wig and pretending to be an art therapist and stalking SB's father to keep him quiet was kind of ridiculous. I also wonder why they didn't just make her character some kind of artist in the first place. Her being a professional violinist doesn't really seem relevant.

- It seemed like the timeskip was mainly for JB to disappear and reappear. I found it a bit unbelievable that a year later and SH is only now investigating the gallery. Those hidden images he found in the painting were very creepy.  Confirmed Sang Ah's accomplice is the gallery owner.

- Likewise, a year later and SB and friend have only just finished reconstructing the mummy,'s image. Also it seems like he has finally noticed how similar the picture of HE looks to SB even though he has had it on his bedside table for a year! seriously! (By the way, I love the contrast with SH looks when he is at home and relaxed with his hair down. So cute^_^)

Just came from watching the subbed episode and i am very confused with 2 parts and need some enlightenment ??

So the first part is between HE & HB.

HE & HB first met in 1983.04.03. He was there to pass the musical box left by her late parents. Then there was this scene of HE telling this buyer to not confess (her sins/past) during the first meeting? Referencing to the story of Angel and Tess? She said:”Its not like Angel will forgive you if you did it.” HE then mentioned Angel would not have left Tess if she had’nt confessed her past, and that Tess wouldnt have became a murderer.  They wouldn’t have all ended up being unhappy....

and HB was holding Wuthering Heights at a corner listening to this entire conversation. He then approaches HE and asked her:” Doesn’t it take courage for you to confess your sins?” HE then said giving the pressure of forgiving to someone whom is hurt, is making things more difficult for that person. If it was me, i wouldn’t have done it.

HB then asks if it means one should live on carrying the sins?? And HE told him instead, he could keep his confessions. He can protect her by staying by her side, and risking his life just once for her...

Does this mean that HB was actually involved in HE’s parents death or had some kind of guilt/ carrying some sins?? And he actually intended to confess to HE about it? Because i remember reading from HB’s chracter info description that on the KBS portal that : “rather than confessing his sins to her, he chose to protect her by her side ....” Does this mean that his love started out as guilt?

my heart is breaking :((((

The second part i am confused is about SH & JB. So SH being HB, is now living JC’s life after the ritual thingy done by HM? And JC get to live HB’s life? I vague gets that this references to the gunshot incident? Because they were all reborn after a year lol. And SH has to live life branded as a “murderer?” while JB becomes the “victim”. 

sigh ... 
-------------------

Ep 23 - 24 Text Preview:

Soo-hyuk, regains memories of his past and present life in the ”Old Future” Bookstore. Ji-cheol, who visited the bookstore recognizes Hyung-bin and misses Ha-eun ...

I didn't hate this episode guys. I kinda liked it.

We still have so many questions, but They also gave us a lot of answers.

GJC didn't forget all JB's memories. 

I think Hyung Bin will start to remember soon, maybe it's the same thing. Deep down Soo Hyuk is in there.

Hyun Bin and Soo Hyuk are the same, they just need adjust their memories.

I don't hate Sabin. I think She is disappointed and She felt guilty.

39 minutes ago, raziela said:

I wonder if this sin is associated with Ha Eun's parents and their death?

28 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Does this mean that HB was actually involved in HE’s parents death or had some kind of guilt/ carrying some sins?? 

Yeah, I think you both are right. Maybe some mistake in his job that result in their deaths? I don't know.

28 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Because they were all reborn after a year lol.

Just Ha Eun and Hyung Bin. Sa Bin was born in 1988, Soo Hyuk probably the same year, but Jong Beum was born in 1998. 

I’ve only been lurking since the start of BA but today’s episode just frustrates me. Why? Why? I started BA mainly b/c of JSY and along the way cheering for all 3 leads to find their happiness in the present time and let their past be the past. Writernim is all over the place with the 3 leads development and so many psycho in this plot hole of a mystery crime thriller. I really can’t connect with SB as a character after today’s episode. How is it that she’s so forgiving and empathetic towards J.B. but not so much to KSH who is her love interest at the moment? There’s a 1-yr fast forward after J.B. was shot and maybe a break up btw SB & SH.

LSH did a superb job displaying his range of emotions. Was rather surprised when KSH collapsed, SB doesn’t seem deeply concerned or affected as compared to J.B. well being. 

5 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

Just Ha Eun and Hyung Bin. Sa Bin was born in 1988, Soo Hyuk probably the same year, but Jong Beum was born in 1998. 

Hi @jeilopes, sorry actually what i meant was "reborn" one year after the gunshot incident! The title of this Episode was called Reborn too hmm... 

actually this episode provided alot of insights to the past, but i not sure how the present characters will change because of this... 

32 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Does this mean that HB was actually involved in HE’s parents death or had some kind of guilt/ carrying some sins?? And he actually intended to confess to HE about it? Because i remember reading from HB’s chracter info description that on the KBS portal that : “rather than confessing his sins to her, he chose to protect her by her side ....” Does this mean that his love started out as guilt?

The second part i am confused is about SH & JB. So SH being HB, is now living JC’s life after the ritual thingy done by HM? And JC get to live HB’s life? I vague gets that this references to the gunshot incident? Because they were all reborn after a year lol. And SH has to live life branded as a “murderer?” while JB becomes the “victim”. 

sigh ... 

My thoughts after re-watched the episode with subs. So, HB was the biggest sinner here & although he was stabbed, killed, and lost his lover in his past life, he still did not fully pay his wrongdoing? Does he need to suffer more? I mean, being called a murderer in this life as well? Not only that, but he also lost his father and the love of his life will end up with his killer?

While GJC who has obsessively killed the lady, broke out from jail, hurt the psychologist, stabbed HB, killed a medical examiner, threaten SB's father is way better than HB? 

As much as I tried to resonate with SB, her double standard towards SooHyuk was unacceptable. Why she didn't even want to hear him? He even explained there was no record of JB leaving SK. If she could be so considerate towards JB, why can't she hear SooHyuk? And she just concludes SooHyuk didn't regret it? And where on earth JB remorse his act to instigate murder on Soo Hyuk & his brother?

Give me some logic here. Sighs, Now, I think Soo Hyuk happy ending is to free himself from HE's red string fate and forget his past life including HE/SB. And Sabin she can live happily ever after with JB. Her love will surely keep "JB" sane for their whole life.

14 minutes ago, innrukia said:

My thoughts after re-watched the episode with subs. So, HB was the biggest sinner here & although he was stabbed, killed, and lost his lover in his past life, he still did not fully pay his wrongdoing? Does he need to suffer more? I mean, being called a murderer in this life as well? Not only that, but he also lost his father and the love of his life will end up with his killer?

While GJC who has obsessively killed the lady, broke out from jail, hurt the psychologist, stabbed HB, killed a medical examiner, threaten SB's father is way better than HB? 

As much as I tried to resonate with SB, her double standard towards SooHyuk was unacceptable. Why she didn't even want to hear him? He even explained there was no record of JB leaving SK. If she could be so considerate towards JB, why can't she hear SooHyuk? And she just concludes SooHyuk didn't regret it? And where on earth JB remorse his act to instigate murder on Soo Hyuk & his brother?

Give me some logic here. Sighs, Now, I think Soo Hyuk happy ending is to free himself from HE's red string fate and forget his past life including HE/SB. And Sabin she can live happily ever after with JB. Her love will surely keep "JB" sane for their whole life.

@innrukia sighs, i am actually a fan of all 3 actors since their early works. I actually wonder how they feel about the plot themselves because i doubt they received the full script when they accepted the role....

Sighs, just when i thought Lee Soo Hyuk can finally have a female lead that is willing to die for him/ reciprocate his feelings in a drama.... 

i think the biggest psychopath is the scriptwriter LOL

21 minutes ago, innrukia said:

I agree with what you say but I'd be harder on SB if anything.  How recently did she say she liked SH more than she'd ever like anyone and she wouldn't change?  And I still don't see that JB loves SB as much as he is obsessed with her.

@whiteclover 

The writer is a psychopath and we're a bunch of fools:joy:. We ranting and disappointing with the plot, yet can't even drop the show. Hopefully, the writer gains her sanity and bring everything together at the end. 

New stills sort of "reconcile" plot for SH and SB? Or is it after she visits detective In Do? 

1 hour ago, innrukia said:

Ikr? My feelings exactly! I second everything you said. At first I thought it was GJC who had been cursed by HE, but right now it seems to me that HE cursed HB/SH by tying their fate together at that church.

SB said that SH is the biggest love of her life? Smh, this girl doesn't even understand her own feeling nor had any compassion for him, let alone love, I'd suggest her to go to Tibet or somewhere farer to make up her mind before coming back. Stop tormenting HB/SH. She forgive JB for initiating murder to SH in less than a day when JB doesn't even regret (yes he doesn't regret it at all, he only sorry that SB got hurt instead but never regret his action to SH, he even said to SH that once he set a target he won't ever let go, remember?), but she can't forgive SH who shot him to protect her and still resent him for over a year? And moreover left him, avoiding him, rejecting his calls & messages?? What kind of love does that? And next ep she'll hug JB, again! In a public place!

Doesn't she even remember that she's his professor & he's her student?? What kind of professor does that to her student??

And whose fault all of these mess at the first place? Who told her to go there, messages SH only to come & misinterpreted the whole thing?

Can someone teach this girl how to use her brain properly for even once? Because apparently she doesn't seem to know how to use it.

HB/SH next time if you met a girl like Sa Bin, don't get your heart flutters, RUN!! RUN instead!! RUN for your life!!! This girl gonna get your life ruined again in this life time too as if your past life haven't even already that suffering enough.

After watching today ep. I was thinking that it would be better for all the main characters to live away from each other and wait for the next life.

Because everyone makes so many wrong decisions, it's hard to hope they are happy.

There are so many villains, misunderstandings, bad decisions in this drama, that makes me want to shout at the characters.

But even so I will watch until the end, because this drama became my guilty pleasure (and I love watching SH in a suit).

2 hours ago, whiteclover said:

I don't think his love started as guilt.  His love seems very genuine to me. It seems like that was the first time he visited the store (to give her the keepsake/ confess something about her parents?) and he fell in love almost immediately when he was watching her watching the snow and cherry blossoms and he wanted to stay by her side.

2 hours ago, whiteclover said:

Ep 23 - 24 Text Preview:

Soo-hyuk, regains memories of his past and present life in the ”Old Future” Bookstore. Ji-cheol, who visited the bookstore recognizes Hyung-bin and misses Ha-eun ...

Thank you for translating. So seems the preview uses their previous names and new names. So do we now refer to them by their 1980s names again or 2020-21 names? Or hyphenate slash both names?:huh:

Very relieved to know SH will get his present day memories back so no more of this not even being able to use a mobile phone business:lol:  Poor SH/HB must be heartbroken when he realises about Ha Eun:heartbreak::bawling: I wonder what JC's reaction will be?

1 hour ago, jeilopes said:

I didn't hate this episode guys. I kinda liked it.

We still have so many questions, but They also gave us a lot of answers.

GJC didn't forget all JB's memories. 

I think Hyung Bin will start to remember soon, maybe it's the same thing. Deep down Soo Hyuk is in there.

Hyun Bin and Soo Hyuk are the same, they just need adjust their memories.

I don't hate Sabin. I think She is disappointed and She felt guilty.

Yeah, I think you both are right. Maybe some mistake in his job that result in their deaths? I don't know.

I agree I liked the episode even there were a fair few head scratcher moments but every episode leaves me abit confused anyway lol!.  I like Sa Bin too.  I don't understand all the criticism people are hurling at SB at all.

Her "double standard" makes sense because they are two different people.  JB is troubled young man with psychopathic traits who she knows doesn't feel emotions or act the way other people do because his brain is wired differently.  That's why she is more forgiving of him.  Soo Hyuk is a "normal" person and law enforcer in a position of power who should act as a good example and uphold the law.  Naturally she holds him to a higher standard and is disappointed when not only does he break the rules but behaves cruelly.  If psychopathic JB can cry and express remorse when he does something wrong and try to make the effort to change for the better, then it is understandable to expect Soo Hyuk to do the same, to do better even.

42 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

STILL CUTS

:bawling::bawling::bawling:Poor poor SH/HB.  Looks like he is having a small memorial service for Ha Eun.

21 minutes ago, Adritz_ said:

After watching today ep. I was thinking that it would be better for all the main characters to live away from each other and wait for the next life.

Because everyone makes so many wrong decisions, it's hard to hope they are happy.

There are so many villains, misunderstandings, bad decisions in this drama, that makes me want to shout at the characters.

But even so I will watch until the end, because this drama became my guilty pleasure (and I love watching SH in a suit).

HAHHAHA then we can have a Korean version of Three Lives, Three Worlds :astonished:

anyone watched the Three Live, Three Worlds Series?? 

SB said to SH : "You don't regret the fact you shot a person".

SH then answered as you wrote. Based on his reply, I do think SH doesn't regret he shot JB. That's why SB turned around and said "I have nothing to talk".

There is no scene SH regrets for his wrong doing so far. If SH said I regret I made a mistake to shot JB at that moment, we would been have a different story.

@raziela I don't have any issue for SB to feel disappointed or ignore SH. But a year ignoring & breaking up with someone you love because of a psychotic young man who instigated to murder your bf and stalked you? And instead of running away, can't she has an honest talk with him and hears him out? If she has such compassion towards JB, don't you think she should have a "little sense" to SH who wanted to keep her safe from all psychotic people with her foolish act? She is a professor in this life and she keeps remembering JB act towards her as if her heart wavering with all this (romanticizing psychopath and thrown away professionalism through a window). 

And I don't feel her love towards SH. The moment SH sprawled on the floor with such pain, I'm expecting her true love will appear and she will show us at least for me to make it consistent with what she told JB earlier, that her love for SH is not going to change. Sighs, sorry for my long ranting. I guess the writer's goal is to torment SH/HB and us. I don't even excite with new stills. 

@PlummpychanSB overprotective to GJC/JB as if HB/SH going to kill him now. And she hugs him? Where is the logic? Knock knock knock. 

@Abmas FawerSH did has a thought that JB might not be killer. I take it as a moment that he reconsider the shot was a right decision or not. And he continue to track JB whereabouts during his suspension. 

Archived