[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

6 minutes ago, innrukia said:

We have to endure the pain with HB:heartbreak:.

Yes, we have to endure that pain. I am still hopeful that SH & SB or shall I say HB and HE will find a way back to each other's love.  I believe in their true love that no matter how many people want to separate them, love will lead them back to each other. Pls writernim make it a reality.  Plus, I saw in Instagram that LSH and JSY have a shooting in a beautiful place, maybe that is where the place that they will reconcile.:):heart:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a real explosion from the past. Prosecutor Kim and the medical student disappeared, but Detective Hyun Bin and the killer returned. And they don't remember anything from their current life. The only one who doesn't remember anything from the past is Sa Bin, and now they will both start fighting for her, I liked that in the next series there will be a moment with a red ribbon.
If JB is JC, then he has a very bad ending. I thought that don his memories just came back, but he did not completely become the former.

5 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

I don't like what I am seeing.

I feel like SB feeling is drift apart from SH, she's not only give him her cold shoulder but keep rejecting his call, his message & keep avoiding him. Poor SH/HB, he's lost, he only remember his memory of HB & not SH. 

Now I'm not sure where's SB feeling leaning towards, because it seems like she's wavering, even next ep she still gives SH/HB her cold shoulder & hugs JB instead.

What's the purpose of HB-HE love then?

I'm very upset, SH shdn't have fallen for SB at the first place, now that he only remember his memory as HB & SB treat him like that, idk if I'm able to see how pitiful he is, damn, seeing him crying like that, it breaks me :bawling:

I hope my thoughts will change after watching it with sub, otherwise they surely know how to ruin this drama for me.

Honestly, I need concrete reason of why SB totally ignore SH. Else, I would be okay with HB/SH move on without SB. I feel like her love for HB/SH is not strong enough for her to have an ending with HB/SH. The writer can continue to romanticize SB & JB love if she wanted to. Like now, I started to doubt myself about HB/HE eternal love. Why the writer showed all the plot but robbed us in this episode.

oh dear, i am so confused with today's episode??

so the episodes started with a flash back to what happened in 1988. The corpse discovered earlier in the series is confirmed to be HB's. JHM and her men took his body away before the cops arrived. They disfigured his body and tied the body with the red rope together with the Wuthering Heights book. GJC survived and escaped with the help of JHM. I didn't fully understood this, but everything seems like a ploy by HM & CST (JB's dad), whom happen to be ex-lovers. And apparently, some woman had GJC's child???? I can't even.... need to wait for the subtitles to be out before this part can be understood clearly..

STH saved CJB. The Mum wanted to send CJB away to the States (she damn cruel seriously), but STH helped CJH stayed in Korea out of sight. and wtf SA is keeping tails on SB's Dad?? She is acting as some Art Therapist and is hovering around SB and her dad....and she finds out CJB is still pretty much alive??? Then apparently there was a time jump ,which has already been 1 year after that incident in the school? After JB's disappearance, KSH seems to be keeping a tail and trying to trace CJB down (because he knows he didn't leave Korea base on the immigration records). Feel sad for SH, because it seems like he and SB are no longer together after the incident... But obviously they still have feelings for each other?? SB just dislikes the fact that he tries to frame CJB, even after he disappeared + no remorse over that gunshot incident....

In the later part of the episode, SH collapses from seeing his restored appearance, and he completely became HB after waking up at the hospital?? His memories seem to be stuck at 1988? He keeps calling SB HE. Just nice, Detective Jo wakes up and lol he kinda feel strange with SH calling himself HB and asking about stuff from the past. Poor SH/HB now doesnt know how to use his phone or navigate around. He still manages to get to the bookshop where HE use to be at.

On the other hand, JB also returns?? i assume with no memories. I think is has completely became GJC too. He returns home and seems happy that he has a family and home now? He ends up going to the old bookshop as well and the episode ended with HB & JC meeting eyes.... *ends*

I am in total disorientation after this episode? SB only appeared for like 5 minutes... oh dear... i am not sure how this is going to play out at this rate...i will translate the preview once its up :bawling: tho it seems kinda heartbreaking for HB in the preview......

Thanks so much for the detailed recap @whiteclover  I don't know what to think about the latest developments!  Need to wait and watch the translated episode.

8 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Now I want to HA come back fester!!! 

Wow! Soo Hyuk's acting in that first clip especially is sooo good! You can really feel his pain as he relives the memories. 

1 minute ago, jeilopes said:

Lee Soo Hyuk was great in this scene He felt all the pain of Hyung Bin’s death.

Yes you are right @jeilopes, Lee Soo Hyuk killed this scene. I really felt the pain he experienced at that time and in fact, I cried on this part of the episode. I pity him and I just wanna hug him, which SB did not do because she was mad at SH.

It really makes no sense that SH cannot anymore remember his present self and only remembers being HB. Waaahhhhh . . .. .  Writernim bring back Soo Hyuk's memories and make SB remember HE memories.:):heart:

Preview Translations:

SH/HB: The pictures/paintings that has links between 1987 and now...

JID: Hyung-su nim (aka Hyung's wife, HB used to be his Hyung) , did you get reincarnated/revived as well?

JHM: Long time no see, GJC

SB: I want to apologize, everything happened because of me

SH/HB: How did you survive? (i think maybe to JC/JB)

JC/JB (to SB): That woman, i wasn't able to say 'I love you' to her

SB (i think to HB/SH): Do you still suspect he (i think JC/JB) is the culprit?

JC/JB: CHB, why couldn't you recognize me?

HB/SH (to SB): I will be together with you from now onwards...

JC/JB: This isn't the end...

JC/JB: I shall let him reveal what sins he’s committed

JHM: Today, is the second time you die

I will need more time to get the last 2 parts right :weary:

2 hours ago, Swatkats said:

This OST 5 Fate hit me hard. I'm very sad for JB. AHhhhhhhh.

He needs love, care, affection and guidance in life. This OST will haunt me

@MVM

and all of JB's company

the last OST text ( google says :)  :

가슴에 아픔이 불어와
다시 외로이 남겨져도

"...My heart aches
Even if I'm left alone..."  -

so ... he shouldn't be left alone

... now, it is time for LSH to act much more visible to balance the main trio-leads .It is also chance for SB to underline her true feelings ( obvious since the first frame of BA).  JKY's  acting is very convincing but minimalistic  and the duo Sh and SB must create the strong contrast. The trio is in front of the challenge, to save this drama. Only super acting can help... :( 

Stay in a good moood:)

By the way - LSH reminds me charming, concerned Hobbit  :) 

The plot for tonight is interesting yet confusing.

My 1st thought, SH will remember his past but not to become fully HB, same with JB. Seems the writer wants these two to finish their past story.

Second, I did not see SB really loves SH. Maybe she just have a crush on him. How come she easily forgive JB who stalked her & instigated someone to kill SH but she couldn't understand or try to understand and forgive SH? And tomorrow, I don't think I can't watch HB/SH suffering when she go to GJC/JB and continue to ignore HB/SH. What is writer's plan for SB? Why she wrote this kind of character as FL? Come on, being empathy should as well be logical. 

:wacko:

Okay , i remembered the front part was JHM reciting her storybook (lol), the part after GJC escaped 

In his remaining time,he went to fulfill his last wish. That last wish was Revenge (wth??). 

The detective who tortured GJC, and his lover, who testified in court.

GJC believes, they two should be punished....

dude... doesnt this mean JHM (SA's mum) actually recognizes SH???? 

p.s Aside, omg LSH's acting was super solid today when he collapsed? And after he became HB. Probably because (imo) HB & SH's character has a larger contrast as compared to GJC vs JB ? Like it was a temporal relief in enjoying his acting skills from the whole confusing episode today!! I was so impressed it looked so realistic.

Also, the subtle shift in expression at the end for JB/JC when he left his Dad's room!! That was damn good too!! :bawling:

Okay, all I want to do now is to appreciate Lee Soohyuk solid acting when he collapsed. I didn't know he is sooo damn good. You can feel the pain of getting stab & the pain of his memories with HE coming back to him. And his eyes, changed from cold KSH to warm CHB. What makes me satisfied is they choose him as CHB/KSH. Oustanding acting range, from 1980s to 2020 with so much emotions he shows.:heart:

10 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Okay , i remembered the front part was JHM reciting her storybook (lol), the part after GJC escaped 

In his remaining time,he went to fulfill his last wish. That last wish was Revenge (wth??). 

The detective who tortured GJC, and his lover, who testified in court.

GJC believes, they two should be punished....

dude... doesnt this mean JHM (SA's mum) actually recognizes SH???? 

p.s Aside, omg LSH's acting was super solid today when he collapsed? And after he became HB. Probably because (imo) HB & SH's character has a larger contrast as compared to GJC vs JB ? Like it was a temporal relief in enjoying his acting skills from the whole confusing episode today!! I was so impressed it looked so realistic.

Also, the subtle shift in expression at the end for JB/JC when he left his Dad's room!! That was damn good too!! :bawling:

What? GJC wanted a revenge on HE? This doesn't make any sense, he wanted to give her his heart even after the court scene. Where is the truth? 

Aghhh I'm getting pretty annoyed with the drama now. 

45 minutes ago, innrukia said:

Honestly, I need concrete reason of why SB totally ignore SH. Else, I would be okay with HB/SH move on without SB. I feel like her love for HB/SH is not strong enough for her to have an ending with HB/SH. The writer can continue to romanticize SB & JB love if she wanted to. Like now, I started to doubt myself about HB/HE eternal love. Why the writer showed all the plot but robbed us in this episode.

@innrukia i cant agree more. I am not sure how the writer intends to sculpt the female lead? I can understand that she views good in everyone, and believes everyone different second chaces. However, seeing today's episode, i am somewhat angry with the double standards being portrayed here. 

You see, SB confessed to SH first, and okay they like each other of course. At the same time, she pities/ wants to guide JB, bringing him out for meals, hanging out with him & even hugging him (again in the next ep preview, and in a school setting???? Let's not forget they are still Prof-Student r/s). Even after JB stalked her and instigated murder against her boyfriend, aka SH, she still chooses to enlighten him and forgive him? BUT why can't she do the same with SH?? For that kidnapping incident, SH acted out (by shooting) because of JB's previous criminal records (although he didn't commit it, but SH didn't know!!), JB was holding a knife and his girlfriend was being tied up? He misunderstood the situation like any sane person would and fired the shot with the intention to save SB. Yet, that was the kind of treatment he got from SB - cold shoulders, ignoring and even breaking up??? like i understand that wasn't the only reason they broke up. SB did say she didn't like that SH doesn't give ppl some leeway, and always branding criminals negatively (because she believe everyone deserves a second chance/ will change) + felt that he didn't regret his actions (honestly i think SH regretted and doubted his judgment on whether JB really is the culprit after everything, which was why he has been keeping tabs). But then why can't  SB show the same type of patience and openness, understanding or even guidance to SH?? I really can't comprehend this part. Just because of this, she ignored SH and broke up (presumed) for a year ...

Sighs ,  i am sorry if i am ranting too much. I just wasn't very satisfied with how the character is being written here:weary:

7 minutes ago, MVM said:

What? GJC wanted a revenge on HE? This doesn't make any sense, he wanted to give her his heart even after the court scene. Where is the truth? 

Aghhh I'm getting pretty annoyed with the drama now. 

hello @MVM ! That was what i translated from the livestream, but please pardon me if i intepreted this wrongly!! But i am almost sure this was what was mentioned. But then again, JHM was reading from her book so, it may or may not be how GJC really felt ...

Archived