[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

5 hours ago, larus said:

The majority of you seems to think that she ordered her son to be killed. That doesn`t explain for me some of her reactions but maybe it is an intentional thing. But I do felt an obsessive atachment for her son. To never like Eun Soo, I can believe. 

About Ji Min`s wife, I also thought that she was cheating. Knowing how this genre works, I won`t be surprised to find out that she had a relationship with Eun Soo`s husband. :w00t: I am kidding. But I believe Eun Soo`s husband had an extramarital affair while they were married.

:w00t: Indeed this would be plausible in this kind of genre except I think Eun Soo’s husband was already dead when Ji Min caught his wife cheating. But on a serious note, I can’t believe the ex-wife would be so shameless as to come looking for him again.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Susu said:

We have not seen why Eun Soo married him yet. I think slowly we will see their relationship as the episodes continue. Men who are abusers don’t really show their true character until it's too late. He probably showed only his good side. And she fell in love with him. 

Well I think you are right about him not showing his abusive side before marriage, but I really feel like he could not have hidden his nasty attitude. That's why I think the chairwoman also sort of tried to convince Eun Soo marry him. We see him shamelessly try to flirt with in a meeting, we also know Eun Soo was a competent employee and chairwoman was impressed by her, and had approved their marriage. So Eun Soo must have known he has bad attitude at work, but could have just ignored it not thinking he could be a domestic abuser too.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

:w00t: Indeed this would be plausible in this kind of genre except I think Eun Soo’s husband was already dead when Ji Min caught his wife cheating. But on a serious note, I can’t believe the ex-wife would be so shameless as to come looking for him again.

Yeah even I think the same.

Now there are two reasons for her return.

Either she did not actually cheat and it was a misunderstanding, which I don't really think could be, because it was very clear she was with another guy in the bedroom when Ji Min returned home. Clothes on floor just do confirm more about what must have happened, so I don't think they'll go for the misunderstood cheating thing, like they did in Suspicious Partner. So if they do go that way, she could be back to clear misunderstanding and reconcile, but as I said, the is very less likely scenario in my opinion.

Or the second reason can be that she is coming back for Woo Joo. This could actually be true, as I have said before too, Woo Joo yearning for her means they were really close. So she could be coming back for Woo Joo and try to reconcile with Ji Min too. But it would actually be very shameless of her to do it after what she did back then. 

Anyway it'll be interesting to see how she'll approach Ji Min too. 

I don't think, the chairman had her son killed. IT was someone who knew Eun Soo and was close to her violent husband. Since she was unconscious, when the police arrived... something must have happened, after she protected herself with the knife. It is definitely possible that her husband choke her so that she fainted. Thinking that he had killed her, he must have called someone close to him for help. The latter chose to get rid of both. I am quite sure that the husband must have told this person that Eun Soo was pregnant and her child represented a thread. She could become the future heir. It is definitely related to the company and inheritance..

Spoiler

“Lie After Lie” Sets New Record For Highest Drama Ratings In Channel A History

Just three episodes into its run, “Lie After Lie” has already made Channel A history!

On September 11, “Lie After Lie” successfully continued its streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise significantly with each new episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the new suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent for its third episode.

Not only does the figure mark an all-time high for the drama, but it has also set a new record for the highest viewership ratings achieved by any drama in Channel A history.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1424989wpp/lie-after-lie-sets-new-record-for-highest-drama-ratings-in-channel-a-history

Nice to see it gaining viewership!!

Ugh, am so annoyed with Ji Min's entire family! They're all so damn loud. And geez why was Woo Joo terrified of seeing Se Mi, her foster mom? Another cliched trope, the athlete has a childhood connection with Eun Soo..

What's the deal with the MIL?! I think she's just hell bent on making poor Eun Soo suffer. Guess all that charity work doesn't humble her one bit tsk. 

I feel for Eun Soo who gets tossed around like a rag doll aigoo~ 

Lee Yoo Ri And Yeon Jung Hoon Experience A Change In Their Relationship In Upcoming Episode Of “Lie After Lie”

91a2dd41967f4b87be0945f81af6ec9e.jpeg?s=

Sep 12, 2020
by R. Jun

Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” has revealed new stills of Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon.

“Lie After Lie” is a new suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line with a dangerous lie in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye — and during her imprisonment for her husband’s murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

After repeated misunderstandings, through which Lee Yoo Ri was almost arrested after being mistaken for a kidnapper by Yeon Jung Hoon, the two reunite in the new stills, exuding a completely different atmosphere from their previous meetings. Yeon Jung Hoon holds an umbrella out for Lee Yoo Ri, who is standing in the rain. Though he had previously had his guard up around Lee Yoo Ri, his expression tells a different story, raising viewers’ anticipations for what causes their relationship to change in the upcoming episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425014wpp/lee-yoo-ri-and-yeon-jung-hoon-experience-a-change-in-their-relationship-in-upcoming-episode-of-lie-after-lie

“Lie After Lie” Sets New Record For Highest Drama Ratings In Channel A History

Sep 12, 2020
by E. Cha

Just three episodes into its run, “Lie After Lie” has already made Channel A history!

On September 11, “Lie After Lie” successfully continued its streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise significantly with each new episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the new suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent for its third episode.

Not only does the figure mark an all-time high for the drama, but it has also set a new record for the highest viewership ratings achieved by any drama in Channel A history.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1424989wpp/lie-after-lie-sets-new-record-for-highest-drama-ratings-in-channel-a-history

finally finished ep 3!

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

I actually liked that even though the preview suggested otherwise, that Eun Soo didn't end up "kidnapping" her daughter and spending the day with her. Yes, she somewhat keeps stalking her but it's understandable at the same time. She has been surviving 10 years without her daugher because she was hoping to see her again and to live with her again.

actually found it a bit uncomfortable to watch a child being stalked even though eun soo is the biological mother. guess, in this day and age when so many bad things happen, it felt uncomfortable to see how easy it would be for a child to be followed... so can totally understand why ji min panicked when it all happened when another kidnapping happened at the same time...

am also curious why woo jin ran from se mi. it looks like whatever happened was rather bitter. found it interesting that se mi's sister seems to be more loyal to ji min and said that if he is not interested, then se mi needs to stop calling. it looks like se mi's family also are keeping their distance from her due to loyalty to ji min. so whatever happened was pretty bad...

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think the confrontation with Chairwoman Kim and also with Secretary Yoon rang something true in her. Which is why she decides in the end to leave, knowing that taking away her daughter from her family while she is a complete stranger wouldn't make Woo Joo happy.

yea both raised valid points and it is good eun soo is now thinking what is good for the child. so in some sense, she is the parent. makes you wonder about chairwoman whose motto is to grab whatever she desires. so what exactly did she lose by doing that? she seems to have inspired se mi to do the same. may turn out badly.... but liked how secretary yoon was trying to make amends by setting up a meeting with ji min to introduce eun soo. however she herself decided that it was perhaps not for the best...

the preview for ep 4 looks good. is this date the start of something between eun soo and ji min?

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I just think about what Lee Yoo Ri said about the drama that it is about maternal love.

my guess is that the drama explores all the spectrum of maternal love. often parental love, especially maternal, has this angelic like glow in many dramas but we are already seeing the opposite of that in this drama. chairwoman is bitter, spiteful and vengeful enough to kill a baby because of her maternal love. she is also bent on destroying eun soo's life because of the maternal love she feels. then there is se mi -- she not only walked away from a marriage but also woo joo. it seems like for 3 years, she didn't keep in touch and for some reason, woo joo is scared of her... but now it seems that her maternal love will have her barge in to woo jin's life regardless of the consequences...

The drama is getting interesting.. Eun Soo finally starts her project to be Woo Joo's mother, by gaining Ji Min's love. I wonder how about her revenge to Chairwoman Kim Ho Ran. While I understand that her prioritize is to be in Woo Joo's life, I think clearing her name is also important...

I'm curious about the golfer, why is he looking for Eun Soo? Is she his first love? Or something more special reason? :huh:

Preview ep 5

Rough trans 

ES: Today felt like a gift
ES: It was warm
ES: I won't ever forget it
ES: For being able to reach it, with a warm person like you
JM: I hope your life would be better
ES: I won't leave
Secretary Yoon: You can't reveal that you are her birth mother and she was an adopted child
ES: I didn't intend to do that because I won't appear in front of her as her birth mother
ES: This man, he doesn't have a wife
SM: I want to go back
SM: At least for Woo Joo's sake, it is right for me to get back to my old place (as JM's wife)
Secretary Yoon: I will look out for Ji Eun Soo
HR: Where is Eun Soo now?
ES: Oh?
JM: Oh?!
JM: I thought you said you were leaving
ES: I moved near the neighborhood
WJ: Ahjumma (ES) made people feeling good, that's why I'm happy when I'm with her
ES: I will do whatever so that I can be Woo Joo's mother

Yeon Jung Hoon, his sweet smile :wub:

Oh and Eun Soo previous cell-mate move near Ji Min's house. She got her boy back. The boy, Jin Guk, seems to have a crush with Woo Joo :D

@Jillia @Lmangla, should I tell you an interesting fact? They are not Eun Se Mi's family, they are Kang Ji Min's family. Had my doubts, somewhat figured out about in Ep 3. I will write about the drama after watching episode 4, but thought it is better to make this clear because it is causing a lot of confusion I guess. 

So Ji Kyung is Ji Min's sister and the owners of restaurant are Ji Min's parents. Just checked it with AsianWiki and Wiki D-addicts. 

But even I thought till the mid of 3rd episode that they are Se Mi's family. But Ji Kyung's interaction with Ji Min made doubt it. 

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

Oh thank you for the info, @Sleepy Owl! :D I was actually super confused. But it actually makes a lot more sense, especially in the way Ji Min addresses Ji Kyung. Plus her name... *facepalm at me* How could I not notice?

Yeah I got doubtful at that time, and then when he messaged her to take Woo Joo back him and he'll treat her Korean Beef, I was almost sure about her being his sister, but still was doubtful. I mean he looked very close to her than her to be his sister-in law. After divorce things usually are awkward with the in-laws which wasn't there, so I was super confused :crazily:. Had to check online to confirm things.

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Oh thank you for the info, @Sleepy Owl! :D I was actually super confused. But it actually makes a lot more sense, especially in the way Ji Min addresses Ji Kyung. Plus her name... *facepalm at me* How could I not notice?

it takes me a while to learn the names of the characters and so didn't even realize her name was ji kyung. thanks for clearing that up @Sleepy Owl.. then the reactions of the grandparents at the restaurant makes more sense -- they are protective of woo joo and are proud of her to name it after her name.

must say I like how the ending credits does this paint brush kind of technique. rather cool!

c779bb2b22ccb603dd3b3006ac6c58ca3037030f

did Semi really have an affair? Even after they adopted Woo Joo she still wanted to have her own child. 

the way chairwoman spoke to Semi about not wanting to lose anything any more. What did she mean?

Yeah she did lose her son but it sounded more than that?

glad to see that Eun soo cellmate got her son back? but is she going to make trouble for eun soo or help her? 

OST part 1

The wait for the subs is long. Here some clips for ep 4

Spoiler

Here are two chart cast relationship. If someone can help us to translate for understanding better their relationship. Thanks.

c1c3e3699b23c184987e1f92d9c96a4c.jpg

Spoiler

%EC%9D%B8%EB%AC%BC%EA%B4%80%EA%B3%84%EB%8F%84_2020_08_27_060212164.jpg

"I will protect you from now on" it said in Kwon Hwa Woo's poster. He will show his innocence and unrequited love towards only one woman: ES.  He is a professional golf player and he has been in love with Eun Soo since childhood, and he's expected to form a romance by revealing the unchanging love for her, even after a long time has passed.

Spoiler

05_2020_08_27_112752338.%EA%B9%80%EC%97%B0%EC%A4%80

He surely believes in Eun Soo's innocence. Maybe he helps Eun Soo to get revenge.

Okay, Ji Min's sister and mom are just aggravating. The sister has the most annoying voice like she's on stage all the time, and the mom just shrieks and yells when she should not.

I wonder how ES is earning money for her makeover and art business? She got rejected as a convict for one job. But usually there are programs for helping rehab ex-cons.

Archived