[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

9 minutes ago, Songbae said:

I didn't realize that SH really likes RN. He was going to strangle EB. I wish they didn't cut a lot of the scenes between RN and SH because it is weird that he Likes or loves her when they haven't really conversed. SK was shocked when he got angry. 

It is annoying that SH sees a lot but says nothing

I don't think that SJ and YC love each other. 

for SH and RN, i think the chemistry speaks to everyone, they are both very cute,  it's very complex for me, so much has happened between them, and with her sister, and the story of the harassment that despite everything I don't want them together even if Rona comes back, maybe years later, if there is time jump, 

on the other hand,  i don't agree for YC and SJ, i'm sure they both love each other, but they each have dark desires, especially SJ, but it seems that she is starting to change, the new protagonist for season 3 is her

• Like 5

Weirdly I was watching season 1 yesterday and it's very telling that SJ could have gone for a rich guy in her league but she went for Yoon Chul yesteday. Besides the whole, I need to defeat Yoon Hee totally part, I think she wants that sincere love and affection while not knowing how to give any. She went for Dantae because he had power, money and seemed to treat SR well BUT she only went after him when Yoon Chul basically proved he was disgusted by and disinterested in her.

Aegyo and Dantae's relationship is kinda weird lol. She seems to provoke some real emotion and sentiment in Dantae and although she seems to be working with Logan, I wouldn't be surprised if she double crosses him at some point. Also, can see where Seo Kyung gets her bratty,provocative side from lol. I wasn't that surprised to see Dantae had some feeling for her because just last week he snapped at Seo Kyung for insulting her birth mother as stupid while usually, he doesn't give af about her being rude to anyone besides him

And yeah I do sympathise with Yoon Hee but it seems everyone in this drama gets their comeuppance. Yoon Hee killed someone's kid for her own and doubled down on it when SR confronted her, even if it was out of fear/love for Rona. SR was blind to the suffering of the twins while focusing on her own daughter and always saw things from a sheltered point of view. She played her cards really well but ultimately failed at the last second because she truly didn't realise how dangerous and murderous Dantae was.  Seo Jin ultimately fell because she pushed her daughter so hard that she became a monster. She hid all of her mental problems even though YC pointed out last season that she needs serious help. 

The only one who hasn't had some serious repercussion yet is Dantae who's basically been with every woman because Mari and the lawyer's wife. It's weird because they fleshed out SJ's backstory and how she became like this but we still don't know why Dantae is Dantae. S1 hinted that he has some severe trauma but after that, nothing. Aegyo seems to know more about him and it's telling that Dantae actually smiles around her and it isn't the fake politician smile that he does with SJ/SR/YH

On a side note, doesn't Dantae remind you of Dante's inferno? LOL everyone is scrambling for their lives in their own circle of hell while he's playing pool and drinking whisky with his baby momma

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

a3417eb4387e8529eff5f7797120967768340b1a

The intro now has "Na AeKyo" about to attack Ju DanTae   

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

So it seems that Rona is alive, there is a video circulating on insta which shows her pale but alive, I'm surprised I wonder how can she live without damage physical lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMRI1FXAeYO/?igshid=124v8nb1fpngc

I don't see how eubyol will be able to finish season 2 without being in the mental hospital or in prison, even if she didn't really kill Rona, nobody likes her

Seo jin oh my god,  is she going to be the good one in season 3?:joy:

It wouldn't be the first time this writer did this? Have you seen The Last Empress? Min Yoo-Ra became "good" at the end of that series.  

• Like 2

I can see Yoon Hee getting more vicious and evil. I love morally grey and flawed characters and Eugene is doing an amazing job playing her! 

And no offense, but Sang-Ah is literally useless. She has done nothing in this drama. Even the lawyer and Jenny have bigger roles than she does! I skipped episode 6, and I’ll write my thoughts on today’s episode later, when subs come out.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kboramint said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The intro now has "Na AeKyo" about to attack Ju DanTae   

It wouldn't be the first time this writer did this? Have you seen The Last Empress? Min Yoo-Ra became "good" at the end of that series.  

She also lost her sanity by the end. I see Cheon Seo Jin headed that way.

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 2

I think the Na Ae Kyo that Logan talked to over the phone with the hat and hoodie was the real Na Ae Kyo BUT the Na Ae Gyo that met with JDT is not her. There is a reason why she was wearing a hat and hoodie. Like she was trying to hide her hair.     

• Like 3

If Na Ae Gyo pretended to be Shim Su Ryeon in the past (like for 20 years), then the writer opened up a real possibility that Na Ae Gyo was the one that died that night. So to summerize.... 

• It is possible that Na Ae Gyo is one that died that night, trying to protect her birth children
  • The day that Na Ae Gyo "disappeared" could also be the same day that Shim Su Ryeon was "murdered".
  • Logan Lee was in contact with Na Ae Gyo in the past. 
  • There is a possibility that Na Ae Gyo that is with Ju Dan Tae in Episode 7 is not really her  
  • Like 5
  • Shocked 1

@kboramint I agree with you watching the episode it felt odd although it was not the way Shim Su Ryeon would act as they are both completely different, but every time Shim Su Ryeon name was mentioned in the conversation between her and Joo Dan Tae she kept giving this odd look as if she was plotting something.

It is also weird how she had to pretend to be Shim Su Ryeon for 20 years although she was alive? Very strange, why would JDT kill SSR husband and switch the babies if it wasn't love? It seems that he is in love with Na Ae Gyeo, but why woul he hide her for all there years and have her pretend to be SSR. Hopefully, we will learn more about the backstory of this whole situation, we also need to find out what traumatic event happened to JDT that he had freak out episodes in Season 1.

Also, in the preview YH sounded certain it's SSR.

Now we have the happy family all together, but oh no the big bad wolf JDT is in a way seems like the wedding is still on. JDT seems to be one popular guy he gets all the female leads in the show. 

• Like 3

Of course Seok-Hun likes Ro-Na.

He gave her a PPL ginseng juice packet. When you care enough to give your love the very best.

That scene gave me anxiety because I was thinking, "Don't spill that on your white dress!"

There was no need for my worry... because minutes later her dress was covered in blood.

(Yes, I obsess over dumb details.) :lol: Ah, Penthouse. Such a crazy show.

• Like 5

I just finished watching the episode with subs and I am not convinced that YC loves SJ. She keeps on using the child and that is all he cares about . Also he can't stay with YH because the guilt will eat him alive. I do think that at a point SJ liked him but he probably just cares about her. They were having issues before she started sleeping with DT. He hated her so much.

Wow SH really liked RN. The actors do have chemistry though so.

I hate seeing EB on my screen she RickRoll'D me off for a lot of reasons. 

Everyone in this show did something bad.

YH needs to stop being dumb or she is going to get killed. I don't SJ to be a protagonist because she doesn't seem sorry. I hope she goes to jail

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

48 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

He gave her a PPL ginseng juice packet. When you care enough to give your love the very best.

Oh thank goodness someone actually knew what drink that was. People on Twitter were calling it Choco milk for some strange reason.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

If Na Ae Gyo pretended to be Shim Su Ryeon in the past (like for 20 years), then the writer opened up a real possibility that Na Ae Gyo was the one that died that night. So to summerize.... 

• It is possible that Na Ae Gyo is one that died that night, trying to protect her birth children
  • The day that Na Ae Gyo "disappeared" could also be the same day that Shim Su Ryeon was "murdered".
  • Logan Lee was in contact with Na Ae Gyo in the past. 
  • There is a possibility that Na Ae Gyo that is with Ju Dan Tae in Episode 7 is not really her  

Had to read this a few times to comprehend. My goodness that would be a crazy twist. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

If Na Ae Gyo pretended to be Shim Su Ryeon in the past (like for 20 years)

That would be really bizarre. In episode 1, SSR didn't have the butterfly tattoo when she undressed herself. But idk, she could've just covered it up with foundation.

6 hours ago, Gretule said:

Very strange, why would JDT kill SSR husband and switch the babies if it wasn't love? It seems that he is in love with Na Ae Gyeo, but why woul he hide her for all there years and have her pretend to be SSR. Hopefully, we will learn more about the backstory of this whole situation,

If that's the case, then this would be a major bug. Personally, I don't believe this theory because there are a lot of things that doesn't make sense.

- Why would NAG find SR's biological daughter and seek revenge for her?

- Why would NAG have a flashback of SSR's husband getting killed?

- If NAG was SSR all along, then the fact JDT kidnapped and strangled her doesn't make sense.

- NAG focused on Hye In more than the twins?

Personally, I think there're three posibilities:

- SRR is NAG (SSR & NAG switched last minute so NAG could see the twins)

- NAG is NAG

- SSR will appear out of nowhere (Maybe she didn't die and will have a surprise entrance)

I'm guessing SSR was a rebound? And JDT wanted her desprately becuase she looked like NAG and was from a rich family. Maybe JDT knew they were twins who are seperated? SSR could spend the past few years practising to be like NAG.

The production team said NAG's entrance was a meticulous intention, and I find her entrance similar to SSR's. 

Either way, the fact a lot of viewers managed to guess NAG looks like SSR is a major progress.

@kboramint In episode 4, Rona gave SH chocolate milk after he helped her when she was locked in the bathroom.

SH gave Rona the ginseng packet before the concert.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

That would be really bizarre. In episode 1, SSR didn't have the butterfly tattoo when she undressed herself. But idk, she could've just covered it up with foundation.

That is because that's the real SSR. Na Ae Kyo only pretended to be SSR at certain events and places. She did this for the past 20 years.  

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

If that's the case, then this would be a major bug. Personally, I don't believe this theory because there are a lot of things that doesn't make sense.

- Why would NAG find SR's biological daughter and seek revenge for her?

- Why would NAG have a flashback of SSR's husband getting killed?

- If NAG was SSR all along, then the fact JDT kidnapped and strangled her doesn't make sense.

- NAG focused on Hye In more than the twins?

Like I said before, that was the real SSR. NAK only pretended to be SSR at certain events and places. 

3 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

I'm confused as heck. SO Na Ae Kyo pretended to be SRY for 20 yrs. Then who was the SRY in season 1?  WHo died? Was that NAK for the entire season 1 ???   Is NAH a lost twin sister.  How would SRY not know she had a sister?

NAK was only Shim Su Ryeon at certain places and events. I believe she pretended to be her to scam politicians. Basically, she been doing this for 20 years. She didn't replace her in all of season 1. Well, maybe she did in Episode 20. Which means I think NAK died at the end of Season 1.  

----

I'll say this again. I think people are confused that NAK was SSR for all of Season 1 because of the wording that she was SSR for 20 years. She was only SSR sometimes NOT all the time.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

I don't like that LL's part is like a guest cameo who appears every now and then. 

I do like Eugene but not the way her character is written. I got bored while watching episode 7. If they could give Kang Mari more to do it would be lot interesting to watch. Too bad, she's only a supporting character. 

Lee Ji Ah's new character hasn't done anything yet and the twins don't know of her existence. I guess will have to wait for tonight's episode to see if she gets to do anything substantial. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kboramint said:

I'll say this again. I think people are confused that NAK was SSR for all of Season 1 because of the wording that she was SSR for 20 years. She was only SSR sometimes NOT all the time.  

strongly agree with this opinion. the real SSR cared more about her biological daughter. remember when seokkyung  screamed at her for not staying at the twin's side when they needed her the most? probably SRR missed some important events (such as jdt's business meeting) and NAK pretended to be SSR to make good impression about their husband (wear long dress, drink wine that she doesn't like)

what i don't understand is why NAK wants to do that for 20 years? what did jdt said to her so she's willing SSR can replace her position as the twin's mom and the first lady of penthouse? i mean, look at her when she complains about what she did for the past 20 years. she wants to be SSR!

anyway, i'm anticipating NAK and seokkyung's meeting. that place is amazing huge! they live in the same room and never meet while OYH can meet NAK in the basement lol

---edit----

i re-watched last episode of season 1 and this is my wildest guess

Spoiler

the one who died is NAK. she was in touch with logan. JDT used the twin card to threaten NAK so she pretends she doesn't care about her children because she doesn't want JDT used them against her all the time. she knows all  JDT's secrets and wanna join hands with logan to bring jdt down. i think logan also used the twin card on NAK, trying to persuade her to be SSR the night she died (she's doing her job for 20 years, remember?). maybe logan said something and it has to do with her children. her expression right before she opened the door was a bit strange for me. like she knows what's coming behind the door.

wait. so it means the twin can't meet their biological mom:crybaby:

i take back this guess.

• Like 4