[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

14 hours ago, Secretz said:

Not sure about OYH returning, as there isn't any concrete evidence yet but there's this instagram post about them shooting at the location (where OYH died) again. It's said that the scene will appear on ep 13 and 14.

The fact that Eugene is in the first photo does seem kinda fishy.

Hide contents

So, this episode kept me wondering, were the characters Alex Lee and BJK really necessary for this drama? Clearly the drama is about to come to an end so i don't think these side chracters will make any big moves for the final 2 episodes. Alex Lee could've been replaced with any family member of Logan Lee, and this controversy wouldn't have happened. The story doesn't need much changes if you remove the character BJK.

It's sad to see OYH missing out all the action in S3. Her death was sudden and intense but I'd prefer her to kick some more butts in S3. Her character arc isn't really complete if she was just killed off like that. 

Some questions I'd like to be answered  before the finale (I don't think they will show though):

- Why does NAG looks the exact same as SSR, to the point where JDT couldn't even tell them apart?

- How did NAG lied to the hospital and claimed SK as her own daughter?

- Will JDT's sister ever be introduced so is she suppose to be dead?

These questions are not answered, not even through dialogue, and I think they will remain unanswered. I know there are some believable theories about them, but it'd be best if we get the answers from the drama.

SK is the only Hera Palace kid who actually reflected on her actions on MSA, and it was because she was told that MSA was her sister. There wasn't any scenes of others realising their mistakes. Maybe Jenny, but it was because she got builled. 

SSR will probably be saved by LL, from a helicopter rescue. I'm looking forward to see more action from CSJ before getting destroyed by her own daughter and possibly the return of OYH.

I 100% agree with you on on how unnecessary Alex Lee and BJK were. This is just my gut feeling but I believe the actor probably asked for that foolishness. He probably thought he could prove he's De Niro and said 'How about this?' He clearly knew he was taking the most over the top stereotypes of the 'rapper/hood/gangster Black American that they so love for amusement. Of course this is just my opinion but he as far as I know was raised in America so he knows better but thought it would prove his 'chops', or versatility. They also seem to get amnesia about all of this time and time again even though they reach a wider audience. It recently happened with Racket Boys, that Convenience Store show and others. They just don't care. I also thought the teacher character was dumb as hell by the way. I'll have some thoughts on how it's wrapping up later.

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote images, thanks!
  • Insightful 1

Looking back now, this series could had ended at the end of Season 2. You can add one more episode for the epilogue. I can even argue that this series could of ended in season 1. Sure, that would be a lot sadder and the villains would had of won at the end but it would teach a lesson of betrayal.

IMO, The lesson that was taught at the end of Season 1 was to never betray those who cared about you because you will regret it for the rest of your life. Can you imagine if the Series ended with Season 1 and OHY commits suicide inside Logan Lee's mansion, and her last memory is SSR and OYH's voyage on the yacht. It would be so compelling and gut wrenching. 

If the series had ended at Season 2 then it would of been a great conclusion to the series. The culprits behind Min Seol-Ah's death have all been punished including OYH and we finally got a reunion of SSR and SK. It also looked like SK became good terms with Rona. If that last shot was SSR and Logan meeting at the parking lot staring at each other then I'll be fine with it. That would of been a great ending.

• Like 3

I am black and I was not in the least bothered about the stereotypes. Why? I have seen worse from my own people perpetuating many of those stereotypes in everyday life. I can even go back to the late 80s and early 90s and introduce you to the 2 Live Crew with Luke Skywalker. Or you can go back to the early 2000s with the rapper Nelly in the video Tip Drill. In my younger days I was on the Dance Floor dropping like it was hot "To back that BLEEP Up from Juvenile. Although I am polished now, I'm a human before I am black. And I prefer for people to see me as human and not try to defend me as a group as far as being black, but if people spent more time defending individuals as an individual selves I really believe this world would be a better place. To be clear, for a good part of my life men wearing  gold teeth in the south or high-top Fades was a common occurrence in my neighborhood and school. When people from up North would move down South with thick unkempt dreads, we will call him S-locks. I will leave it to you to figure out what the s means. Bald Fades with waves was also popular. Everything does not happen in a vacuum.

Literally every racial group has a stereotype that may be true for some and not for others. I think this only becomes a problem when we look at everything from a communist or a Mao perspective of oppressed and oppressors. People are just people to me and while as human beings we all have the tendency to over generalize, I don't get the hype about the backlash regarding him wearing dreadlocks. Dreadlocks were not necessarily created by Rastafarians in Jamaica in the mountains. Dreadlocks can be found in plenty of Middle East and Near Middle East countries. It may blow many people Minds that the Nordic (Europe) people were rocking dreadlocks three or four thousand years ago. Historically, literally every culture and every race have engaged in making fun of or light of someone else culture; there is not a culture in this world that have not done that..

As far as I'm concerned, this woman that just happens to be black was not offended and was a bit disappointed when they caved to appease small dissent. The actors character was not completely disconnected from real life period if you would go to LA and walk on Venice Beach before the homeless problem, this is what you would see from certain amount of people that just happened to be white period you will see a different type of vibe if you were at Redondo or Manhattan Beach. 

During the Occupy Wall Street movement from Progressives you would have seen this not only in New York, California, but in other places as well.

4 hours ago, GingerK said:

I 100% agree with you on on how unnecessary Alex Lee and BJK were. This is just my gut feeling but I believe the actor probably asked for that foolishness. He probably thought he could prove he's De Niro and said 'How about this?' He clearly knew he was taking the most over the top stereotypes of the 'rapper/hood/gangster Black American that they so love for amusement. Of course this is just my opinion but he as far as I know was raised in America so he knows better but thought it would prove his 'chops', or versatility. They also seem to get amnesia about all of this time and time again even though they reach a wider audience. It recently happened with Racket Boys, that Convenience Store show and others. They just don't care. I also thought the teacher character was dumb as hell by the way. I'll have some thoughts on how it's wrapping up later.

• Blob 1

22 hours ago, 은은은 said:

I also thought of a helicopter, if not how else to b fast enough for a rescue:D

Don't worry, is SR nightmare. The writer loves to create false scene so as her viewers can think out of the box. Start imagine all sorts of scenario.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Have been watching episode 12 again...the doctor that treats CSJ seems suspicious...is there possible he fake CSJ chart? I felt like CSJ actually knew her daughter drug her...and she just acting crazy again...:confused:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Marshi said:

Have been watching episode 12 again...the doctor that treats CSJ seems suspicious...is there possible he fake CSJ chart? I felt like CSJ actually knew her daughter drug her...and she just acting crazy again...:confused:

Agree, in the teaser for next ep, there was a scene that showed CSJ saying "you died a death you deserve'...so regardless did she mean for JDT or not, obviously she isnt having the late stage of dementia that the doctor claimed.

• Like 3

I wish Production station in future when broadcast Kim Soon-ok drama, kindly indicate rating for Cognitive testing checks and not R19. Viewers can remember  “person,” “woman,” “man,” “camera,” “TV,” will be prohibit from her drama.:ok: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just a nit-pick about Season 2 but they never explained who was in Bae Rona's grave. How and why did Oh Yoon Hee came to the conclusion that Rona was dead if SSR took her and placed her somewhere else. At least for SSR's "death", it was explained that Na Ae-Gyo is the one that died and in SSR's grave.       

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LD Lee said:

Just a nit-pick about Season 2 but they never explained who was in Bae Rona's grave. How and why did Oh Yoon Hee came to the conclusion that Rona was dead if SSR took her and placed her somewhere else. At least for SSR's "death", it was explained that Na Ae-Gyo is the one that died and in SSR's grave.       

If I remember correctly (which is a big if) I think she was just handed a urn by the coroner. So my guess they made sure OYH did not see a body and just gave her fake ashes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LD Lee said:

Ask Kim Soon-ok all the questionable, unreasonable act/scene if she DARE to hold a press conference. Probably she will be like an Ostrich and dig her head deep into a pool of shits.  

• LOL 2

Nothing to say really except that despite all the screaming and cackling, I fell asleep while watching the latest episode.

All I know was that when I opened my eyes, JUDANTE! pushed a button and Hera Palace (= He Pell = Hell?) collapsed.

Was that a dream?

If not, how did he have the time to install all those demolition explosives?

And Cheon Seo Jin is still alive? I thought she was impaled by a chandelier?

(The biggest question of all is - WHY do I expect anything to make sense on this show?)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, 은은은 said:

Did anyone see this?  Suddenly like a huge plot twist

This is actually fan editing in the first place...sbs copy it as i seen somewhere before this... i expect this is just for fun...:sweat_smile:

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don’t quote videos, thanks!