[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

I still have hope that RN is alive.

I will not saying this but nothing in this world will make me feel sorry for SJ and EB. The only reason why people are feeling sorry and saying poor SJ is because the person dealing with her is a psychopath. If it was YH or LL no one would feel sorry for her. SJ is a selfish person, she seduced DT she is not a victim. She killed her father to get her director position and it came to bite her in the back. She can choke with her love for YC.

I am glad that YH is not as dumb as she was in season one. She was used by SR and DT. I don’t really blame her though she was naive. I really hope that she didn’t kill MSA. 

Ju Dantae is a disgusting pig. He has numerous bloods on his hand. This is why I don’t think that he didn’t kill MSA. I hope he doesn’t abuse SJ. That is wrong on so many levels.

I did feel sorry for SK. She really loved her mother. This is why they say that you don’t know what you have till you lose it. SK needs therapy and character development 

I felt uncomfortable when I watched that cpr scene because he kissed her and it wasn’t right. I don’t want them to be a couple it is wrong on so many levels. 

Minhyuk is such a brat I am not surprised what do you expect from a child raised by an assemblyman that cheated during the election and gets allowance from his mother.

• Like 3

I want CSJ to lose the company by the end of the show. I want what she did to her father to be exposed. Granted I don't want it to go to her mom or sister either, so maybe some third party can steal it (not JDT). 

I really hope there isn't some sort of happy ending for CSJ and HYC. They are treating them like some grand love story, when in S1 it was shown that he never really loved her the way she wanted him to. 

Also the way EB is turning on CSJ now makes her seem ungrateful, and in turn supposed to make us feel bad for CSJ. However, there were plenty of other times in S1 where CSJ was a terrible mother and EB would have been justified turning on her mother. I love the actress but I really dislike CSJ. I want her to escape JDT, but I still want her to pay for everything she has done. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Songbae said:

I felt uncomfortable when I watched that cpr scene because he kissed her and it wasn’t right. I don’t want them to be a couple it is wrong on so many levels. 

I agree with everything you wrote about except this. Haha is there any couple you're actually comfortable with? I always see you on drama forums disapproving of couples :joy:

Personally I find LJA and PES's chemistry on fire. In a drama where we have cheating, multiple murders, etc I think some genuine and unconditional romance is actually nice. It's not like they're actually related in some way. MSA was his step sister for weeks at the most before his family dumped her post-op. Age gaps are common even in real life. My fiancé and I are 13 years apart and have zero issues with the gap so as long as both are adults, it doesn't bother me.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

I predicted that it was JDT who plugged the oxygen mask. That doesn't make her chances of being alive lesser. Anything could happen. There's got to be something more to it that we don't know.

I believe NAG is dead. I think the first time SSR and NAG met was after SSR saw the photo. I'm curious to see if NAG is going appear to stir more chaos or not.

I'm more curious to see if OYH will join hands with CSJ and maybe we will even see SSR joining the alliance.

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I want CSJ to lose the company by the end of the show. I want what she did to her father to be exposed. Granted I don't want it to go to her mom or sister either, so maybe some third party can steal it (not JDT). 

I think we could see OYH take control of Cheong A High School at the end of the season 3.  

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

from all the moms in the penthouse, mary is the only one who success teach some manner to her child. other children turn out to be ungrateful brats. kudos to the writer for this character development!

anyway, i still hope rona is alive. although i never like seokhoon-rona pairing, rona doesn't deserve to die like this. min seol ah is enough. rona has so much potential and i keep thinking how she will achieve her mom's big dream with her magical voice. the flashback of how joo dante took out her breathing tool(?) didn't show the flat line, except a danger sign and that's it. logan might save her at the critical moment. i will put my trust on that guy eventho the way he gave cpr to na aegyo tested my patience to another level. this is the 3rd time i put my trust on him. the first and second he's really disappoint me.

another moment that i love from this show is the twin's dynamic. when seokkyung opened up about her abusive father to protect seokhoon made me cry. seokhoon is right. they only have each other's back from now on so it's them vs the world. i still hope they will join hands to bring their father down.

joo dante's enemies gangsta until his own flesh slay him. HAH! CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOMENT!!!!

oh, so it's suryeon? surprised not surprised.

this one got me last night:crybaby: i hope they can show more about how na aegyo change her position with suryeon

• Like 3

Don’t know if it’s because I like Kim So Yeon so I such of felt pitiful for how things changed for her character Seo Jin, last night when she cried with regrets in many scenes, I also feared and moved by her acting, it’s the emotion sent across like she regretted deeply. But technically speaking she didn’t killed her dad right, although some degree it’s accident he fall and she should have saved him but out of greed she was afraid to loose everything so she didn’t act on saving her dad. Hmm it will be interesting to see her development in the show if she would join hands I will be glad to see to show how she repent. Let’s hope she is no longer that greedy and selfish person. At some point her acting was so good I really felt like not wanting to watch her in those nasty scenes she acted in the past. But last night her crying touched me and I wish to see her more now. And I guessed tonight her faith was to be abused by JDT.  Omg I might cry again for her. Oh if there is any change of her character to become a better person. I hope she will play the biggest role in destroying JDT. It’s quite possible because the nature of her character was quite a villain portrayed in the drama, usually only villain got destroy villain. Other leads are too kind to destroy JDT

Edited by CA C
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ohh there will be a twist & hint about Rona's death (source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1460127wpp/eugene-kim-so-yeon-and-kim-young-dae-amp-up-excitement-with-secretive-meeting-in-the-penthouse-2)

I hope the twist is Rona is being safe by Logan & still alive.

The only thing I still don't understand why JDT want to take of her respiratory. I believe OYH haven't have the Hye-in 's land yet at that time right? I will understand if he stabbed Rona with the trophy on Rona's head. I just don't understand JDT's aim to kill Rona ? Unless, he want to use Rona's death to make OYH & CSJ to fight. Since I think he mentioned about both OYH & CSJ as his tool.

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Emily Bett R said:

I agree with everything you wrote about except this. Haha is there any couple you're actually comfortable with? I always see you on drama forums disapproving of couples :joy:

Personally I find LJA and PES's chemistry on fire. In a drama where we have cheating, multiple murders, etc I think some genuine and unconditional romance is actually nice. It's not like they're actually related in some way. MSA was his step sister for weeks at the most before his family dumped her post-op. Age gaps are common even in real life. My fiancé and I are 13 years apart and have zero issues with the gap so as long as both are adults, it doesn't bother me.

You always see me on drama forums? I am only on this forum and I have only replied to three kdrama threadS. I like a lot of kdrama couples I just don’t like it when one of them cheats. 
I am not seeing the chemistry between the both of them. It isn’t even the age difference that is an issue. It’s the fact that he calls MSA his sister and she calls MSA her daughter that is why it is uncomfortable. I feel like people just want them together because the other relationships are toxic. I want SR to enjoy her life after Ju Dantae goes to jail or  dies. She doesn’t need a man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CONFIRMED! HA YOONCHEOL IS BAE RONA’S DAD it was yoohe herself who told him, she want to see him suffer and tell the truth about who killed Rona

Poor SJ, she is hit and abused by Dantae now she will know what it feels like to be in a weak position

It was Dantee who killed Rona

Revenge is coming, YH heard who killed Rona

Seok Kyung freed Seojin

I don't know why, but Seok Hoon annoys me for wanting to play vigilante, he who is a RickRoll'D, ok I know we can change

Kim so yeon and Choi Ye Bin  best performance acting wonderful

it's confirmed Rona is alive

i don't know but i'm probably the only one who's not really happy Rona still lives. Because at this point everyone else still can die and come back.

And yoonhee still owe Suryeon for killing Min Seol( not sure again) so many plot twist this week

SeokRona is not my ship lol

• Like 3

Too much plot twist in this ep let me catch my breath

Btw, who is the man in the album? I'm sure he isnt suryeon's ex-husband. The twin bio father?

I'm glad rona is still alive but at the same time I think at this point all the revenges are wasted

The way jdt treated seojin is so f-worded evil. Yes she is bad but no one deserved abused! Now i keep thinking about the twin's life before all this hell happened. The bruise on seokkyung's arm look so new and jdt called seokhoon in last ep make me wonder do they get abuse by their father everyday?

• Like 4

Could someone explain to me about the land JDT is after?

I believe he is trying to get ownership of the land "Cheonsuji" in order to finalize his "JDT Village", right?

Is that where the land that Ju Hye In (now OYH's) owns is at?

Also, is the building where Jakomo is in the same area as Cheonsuji? Is JDT trying to sell Jakomo building too?

Edited by Won C
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, annaR said:

Btw, who is the man in the album? I'm sure he isnt suryeon's ex-husband. The twin bio father?

I'm glad rona is still alive but at the same time I think at this point all the revenges are wasted

I think the album shows 2 man with lee jiah? I only identified  the actor that going to be Jenny's father. I think Jenny's father hold something important about JDT. if not they won't show him with SSR/Na Ae gyo. Maybe Jenny's father is also a spy planted by SSR/someone. (p.s. I don't know why I have a feeling someone is helping SSR & is not Logan since for 2 yrs?, no one able to track her being alive?) As for whether the other man is the twin bio father, I'm not sure guess we will get info on Monday?

About whether the revenges are wasted. For me , no. based on preview Seokhoon will find out which hospital Rona is & he will meet SSR /Na Ae Gyo depend how the writer going to let Seokhoon know in that scene Lee Ji ah as which character. So is kind of confirmed is SSR who saved Rona. So maybe SSR will ask Seokhoon not to tell anyone that Rona is alive. So SSR can still use OYH to revenge on JDT. CSJ will revenge JDT for framing her daughter at the same time for catching HYC since she said on ep 9 she realized late she do love HYC. So she may have 2 things to get her revenge on JDT.

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 3

I may be the only one but I find it beyond ridiculous that Rona is alive. Why the hell are you reviving every single dead character? This makes the show more irritating to watch. Just keep a dead character dead. I don't dislike Rona but the show was very interesting to watch without her honestly speaking. Come on now, I expected better. I don't care if it's Kim Soon-Ok, this is just bad writing! Using the same trope 3 times?? Now the revenge is wasted, it's like they wanna keep YH as this naive "oh so suffering mother" type of character. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, annaR said:

The way jdt treated seojin is so f-worded evil. Yes she is bad but no one deserved abused! 

I agree, but let's not forget how she abused Eunbyol in the first season, I sincerely hope that she will change, not become a saint, but a reasonable wife and mother.
I don't know why but I have the impression that the writers are preparing us for the death of eunbyol for the end of this season, she has become so crazy , insane, , that she will have to be locked up very quickly in the hospital

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

How can ROna survive a throat slash, head stab, and fall?  Its a bit overkill .  I can't with this show anymore LOL 

This is from the same writer as The Last Empress where someone survived a gun shot in the head and a fall into a body of water. 

• Like 4