[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

On 2/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Samuel Yohanes said:

Looking at how the writter goes with go back couple.

i bet yu ri will be human again.

and the step mom will hold the important part for her to be human again.

p.s. still pissed for the writter who did go byo gyeol character dirty in go back couple. no scene about her in the future after return back to time. please no more that in this drama juseyo

i have a slightly different take on go back couple. to me it was a lot about how people tend to stay stuck in the past and neglect the present, especially when dealing with grief. then a 2nd chance is given for the leads to get out of the pain of the present present, escape to the past, and eventually gain a fresh perspective and appreciation for the present. it does feel like the writer is tackling similar themes again, so i kinda think she'll go down the route of making the characters appreciate what they have in the now rather than going back to the past. but anyway we'll see how it goes :)

i'm sure we'll see a TON more go bo gyeol in this drama (it would totally unfair if we don't) i'm dying of curiosity about oh min jung's backstory with jo kang hwa cos i feel like she's getting the short end of all the sticks right now.

• Like 3

“Hi Bye, Mama” Explains Why The Role Of Kim Tae Hee’s Daughter Is Played By A Boy

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385054wpp/hi-bye-mama-explains-why-the-role-of-kim-tae-hees-daughter-is-played-by-a-boy

Pictures of CYR in episode 2, Hi bye, Mama,  just released by tvN.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2020 at 9:40 PM, Nancyzak said:

“Hi Bye, Mama” Explains Why The Role Of Kim Tae Hee’s Daughter Is Played By A Boy

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385054wpp/hi-bye-mama-explains-why-the-role-of-kim-tae-hees-daughter-is-played-by-a-boy

Thanks for posting. Hmmm...the production still aren't explaining anything.  Sons can look like their mothers so why not just simply make the character a son rather than a daughter? There doesn't seem to be any plot relevant point why the child has to be a girl.  Call me cynical but it feels like the production just did this to make it a talking point-_-

• Like 2

5 hours ago, raziela said:

Thanks for posting. Hmmm...the production still aren't explaining anything.  Sons can look like their mothers so why not just simply make the character a son rather than a daughter? There doesn't seem to be any plot relevant point why the child has to be a girl.  Call me cynical but it feels like the production just did this to make it a talking point-_-

Lol ! I won’t discount that possibility.  I don’t think this is & will be the 1st or last drama to use a boy to play a girl & a girl to play a boy . I think even in c dramas they do it right ? But anyhow I think they went with a girl character because it is a necessary narrative for the girl to be a constant reminder of YR - which is why it is hard for husband & parents to move on .
——-

More than the gender of the young kid playing the child , I hope people can focus on the plot as I do think it’s been great so far . This show is lovely & I felt very moved  There’s a lot of potential in addressing the issue of grief & letting go , moving on. The premise is interesting too because , husband will now be confused about who he would choose or what he has to do . I don’t envy him :lol:

@40somethingahjumma happy to read you here . Are you up to speed?   So many dramas fighting for our attention. :sweatingbullets: I like the way they integrated the fantasy bits into the drama . I was surprised that even in the afterworld, there’s some sort of discrimination against those who took their own lives . I suppose the rest who died of natural causes etc felt their deaths may have been untimely ( and possibly unfair ). Hence perhaps they  felt those who killed themselves have wasted  their lives , when they themselves so badly wanted  to live. 

——

LKH is such a fantastic actor . So versatile. I am glad he’s got this break to be the main lead . 

Food truck support for him 

Spoiler

202002281106897575_1.jpg

The first OST for Hi bye, Mama, titled "Shining Time Like a Star", by Park Ji Min will be released on March 1 at 6 p.m. 

"Time to Shine Like a Star" is a lyrical ballad genre that tells the story of a mother looking at her daughter in the lyrics. It expresses the strong maternal affection of "Ghost Mom" Cha-Yuri (Kim Tae-hee), who cannot leave her daughter Cho Seo-woo (Seo-jin).

Source:

https://news.nate.com/view/20200228n15033

1582852720910209.jpg

Spoiler

Edited: 29.2.2020.

Added still cuts.

Spoiler

l_2020022902001410100294313.jpg

l_2020022902001410100294311.jpg

l_2020022902001410100294312.jpg

l_2020022902001410100294314.jpg

• Like 4

Preview for ep 4

MJ: She really looks similar with Yu Ri-ssi
MJ: Is there something wrong?
KH: Seo Woo's mother has comeback alive. Is this even possible?
Screen notification: Cha Yu Ri likes your comment
HJ: This... Why?
GS: It's the ghost
HJ: If you dare talk about her as a ghost ever again, I'll rip off your mouth
DD: How are you going to go back to your place?
YR: (working at the kindergarten) Over there I can catch the ghosts that are lingering beside her
YR: And I can see her everyday
Woman: We don't have a lot of time to see the children 
DD: You don't have much time left. You only have 46 days left
YR: I have to take care the problems that happened because of me 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I thought today episode wont make me cry.

I did up until the end 

But the epilogue hit me hard :(

today episode is great aswell.

i am still wondering what happen to min jung. 

i do think she really love gang hwa.

need more of her background and how she got married with ganghwa.

the divorce paper tho now i am really curious what in her mind. 

but because we knew from character description that she was a nurse before thats why in hospital the nurse knew about her. 

and yeah kim tae hee had her own mukbang is gold hahaaa. Buy every food she can lol. 

Its 46 days left for yuri damn time feel short right??

• Like 6

Yet to catch last night’s but let’s hope for the best here staff being tested for Covid19 - filming is temporarily halted

Spoiler

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Yet to catch last night’s but let’s hope for the best here staff being tested for Covid19 - filming is temporarily halted

Oh no! I hope the tests are negative and everybody is healthy.

• Like 6

Oh no, hoping for the best for the staff for the news above!

But I definitely didn't cry during the episode. I cried during the epilogue. I think MJ is hiding something but I can't point to what it is yet. In my opinion, although it's still pretty early, I think GH still hasn't moved past Yuri and still loves her.

Also- those divorce papers that MJ is holding! What are they!? So many mysteries but not yet any answers! 

• Like 5

From the tralier, the drama looks more cheerful. I though the stepmom lives happily with her husband and kid. But it's actually pretty interesting. We saw how the mothers judge her as stepmom, we saw how dr jo's trauma haunts him, we saw the divorce paper, the story will be insteresting

• Like 3

It is negative guys!!!

A good news for the crew. I couldnt imagine the fear among them. 

I am scared that the production will be canceled because of corona because that will be the real tragedy. 

Be safe everyone! Even if your country still "not affected" just do safe measurement so you guys can be safe! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

First HBM OST, by Park Ji Min, entitled: “Shining Time Like a Star”.

The lyrics in English using Bing translate:

Album name Hi-Bai, Mama! OST Part 1
Artist Myung Park Ji-min
Release date 2020.03.01
Lyricist Songo Eun (MonoTree)
Composing Songo Eun (MonoTree)
Arranged Songo Eun (MonoTree)

(Lyrics)
Look at me and I'm here
Slowly come to me so
The bigger you laugh
So that you can hold you full of arms

Time to shine like that star
Every day I meet you is like a gift.
Like the warm sunshine of the cold season
Thank you for letting me breathe.

Every time I put you in my eyes,
Full of heart
Every day I pray, i don't want to end
I don't want to break my dream

Time to shine like that star
Every day I meet you is like a gift.
Like the warm sunshine of the cold season
Thank you for letting me breathe.

I'm not afraid of anything that's going to disappear.
If you can see you

Beautifully shining time
I want to be with you forever
The moment i first came to me, it was like a joy
You laugh so much that it's all about me.

Spoiler

앨범명 하이바이, 마마! OST Part 1
아티스트명 박지민
발매일 2020.03.01
작사 손고은(MonoTree)
작곡 손고은(MonoTree)
편곡 손고은(MonoTree)

(가사)
날 봐요 보여요 내가 여기 있죠
천천히 그렇게 내게 와요
더 크게 더 많이 너 웃을 수 있게
두 팔 가득 널 안을 수 있게 이렇게

저 별처럼 빛나는 시간들
너를 만난 매일이 선물같아
추운 계절 내린 따스한 저 햇살처럼
날 숨 쉬게 해준 니가 참 고마워

내 맘에 두 눈에 널 담을 때마다
가득히 벅차오르는 맘
매일 난 기도해 끝나지 않기를
꿈이라해도 나 깨지 않기를

저 별처럼 빛나는 시간들
너를 만난 매일이 선물같아
추운 계절 내린 따스한 저 햇살처럼
날 숨 쉬게 해준 니가 참 고마워

사라져버릴 무엇도 두렵지 않아
너를 볼 수 있다면

아름답게 빛나는 시간을
너와 함께 영원히 있고 싶어
처음 내게 왔던 그 순간 그 기쁨처럼
그렇게 웃어줘 나의 전부가 된 그대

New still cuts and gif from tvN.

46 days to go and the new still cuts would be for tonight’s episode 4, where CYR gets herself a job at her daughter’s nursery. Not only she is near and could play and hug her daughter, but also cooking for her. We’ll be served with more heartwarming scenes!

Spoiler

99948593.1.jpg

• Love 2

Preview for ep 5

YR: Stop looking at me
Yeong Shim (YS): You really become a person since you can bleed now (YS is the teenager ghost who died with her family in car accident)
GS: It's Yu Ri! Noona! Noona! Behind you! Noona, I am sorry!!
YR: Because you (HJ) missed me so much, didn't you?
KH: Huh? How did you know that? 
GS: I think she is hiding something from us
GS: Won't she have to leave after 49 days?
HJ: Hey!
GS: Since she suddenly came there is a possibility that she will leave suddenly too
GS: Now that it has been done, don't you think you have stopped her from coming?
KH: Do you think she want to come? Will she want to come if she knew?
YR: Ah whatever. So what if we suddenly bump with each other?
MJ: Excuse me

----------

From some minutes I'm laughing and giggling madly and the next minutes I blinked, my tears has come down. I think I won't watch this in public space so that people won't think me as a crazy person. :sweatingbullets:

Glad to hear that the staff is tested negative. Wish everyone to be healthy and for this virus to end soon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1