[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

Joining slightly late!

I was reluctant to watch because of the plot (in the beginning)

But now, she's human again with a limited life span (reminds me of the other 49 Days) and it could be a chance for her to say her goodbyes.

When she was railing to the heavens about her situation, my heart felt for her.

Not having a chance to hold her baby, to see her baby grow up, take her first steps, her first day of school. SIGH.

And now , her husband's dilemma. You can see he is still in love with Yu-Ri.

I am looking forward to future episodes, but I know I need to have my tissues ready!

• Like 6

Every time I think I’m safe from crying in an episode, there will be a scene that makes me cry... Ep 4 plot on the boy ghost who Seowoo sees - omg it was so sad :tears: 

Each time the drama shows flashbacks of the couple being happy is like a stab in the heart because us viewers already know what happened to KTH’s character.
Also, the focus in the latest ep seems to all be on mother-child relationship. Next week’s episode looks like more on friendship. Loving this drama so far!

• Like 7

New high rating for Hi Bye Mama! 

Nice bounce up from yesterday 5.3% 

Today episode is 6.5% 

Slowly but surely guys.

Today episode again bring me lots of tears. If episode 3 was fun one then this one is heartbreaking one.

Right from the start we got the talk between ganghwa and yuri before the accident. 

And it is right there is nothing that wont happen to us. The meaning is so deep i wonder is the writter of this and goback couple is real life philosophy. The scene is well done.

I must say min jung is cool and right she was actually care about seo woo. She bring it up her to check her and yeah she was underdeveloped in social skill and told her not to tell anyone so she can solve it herself because if anybody else knows then seo woo would be in trouble with the gossip mom.

Now i am really wondering what is the real reason ganghwa got remarried. We know that nin jung is his hobbae and min jung didnt know about yuri in person so i guess no triangle love line before the accident. 

The ghost scene is filler but yeah knetz dont really like it. I thought it would be fun if it only a little maybe like 5 minute as a fun filler. But the baseball guy and the suicide ghost is cute together. And it is pretty sad when we knew the backstory of each ghost dead :(

The mother is so sad :( the talk with other people in the temple ouch. 

and hyokjin mom who despise seo woo the most and turn out seowoo give her the toy and make her heart broke from all the hate she had for seo woo. 

and yuri making good deed ( hopefully it will be help her to be human again ) help him reunite with her mother. Such a cutie boy and sad one :(

and ofcourse the reunion with noona is so shocking for her. Imagine losing your best friend and she came back alive. 

Overall todays episode is far better then yesterday. I hope for more heartwarming story now.

45(?) Days left for yuri to get her place back

• Like 4

Greetings, lawd mercy, this child actor is good! Really adorable, Made tears pour so easily from my eyes in ep 4. Though probably will be more tears as the storyline continues. 

Not intending to be negative, but just really really suprised the child actor is actually a boy!  Wow is  very talented,“Hi Bye, Mama” Explains Why The Role Of Kim Tae Hee’s Daughter Is Played By A Boy

wish never saw the article though, because Its distracting my attention span I think.  But again i am just amazed, This kid is so good!

Great to see Kim Tae Hee in a drama. She definitly picked a #1 hit comeback.

• Like 4

I'm just a bit confused right now, not sure if I missed something but where is Yu Ri staying at? And how can she afford to buy food and pay for her living expenses. That part confuses me. Other than that, I really like the flashbacks and stories with her Mom. It's quite touching.

• Like 1

I don't regret starting this drama but I regret not buying enough tissue. Episode 3-4 has been such a blessing to cry over; the storyline and some of the lines that have been said are almost gold. I definitely cried when the shaman said that there was no word to describe a parent's loss of their child because the pain is excruciating. I'm somewhat glad that Yuri's mom is attending these sessions to somewhat provide a little bit of "therapy" for herself, although we all know that she'll never be able to get over Yuri's death.

From this episode and its flashbacks, I think we can all assume that Yuri was having the best of life with her friends; and HJ was giving birth only a week before she was due. Everyone was smiling in the flashback and everyone expected a tomorrow that would come. It really pained me in the epilogue as well when they showed Gang-hwa and Yuri making a bet of who would cry when the baby gets here first- I think we can also infer that Yuri won the bet because she shed a tear as the baby was being taken out of her almost lifeless body before she passed. I still feel like there's something about MJ and those divorce papers. Maybe the shaman was right, that something was already in progress or maybe MJ and GH never actually wedded (I think I'm seeing that GH's wedding band hasn't changed and he's still wearing the matching one that he and Yuri shared).

Can't wait for next week. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, anng said:

I'm just a bit confused right now, not sure if I missed something but where is Yu Ri staying at? And how can she afford to buy food and pay for her living expenses. That part confuses me. Other than that, I really like the flashbacks and stories with her Mom. It's quite touching.

She stayed at hotel, paid by gang hwa and he also lend her his credit card so she could buy everything she need. It showed on ep 3 i think.

• Like 1

KIM TAE TEE still got it, her acting drives me in to the scene:wub:, Isn't she amazing :wub:. the way she portrays the role  is very natural.

Sorry to say this i dont like  the new wife, there is something in her ??!!  I felt bad for YU-RI even she is back for her daughter only.

• Like 5

Behind the scenes ep 3-4

Quick summary about the BTS

- Cameo by Lee Jung Eun, she appeared because of her previous works with PD (Oh My Ghost and High School King of Savy). It's her first time playing role as mother-in-law. She is happy to play a small part in HBM and she says that HBM is a drama like a cotton candy
- Shooting scenes of 'mukbang' YR. KTH said that before the shooting she had eaten her dinner but looking at the food made her hungry. It's not appear in ep 3 but the PD asked KTH to collapse to express how delicious the chicken and jjajangmyeon for YR. 
- Scenes when KH left the house before YR's accident. LKH is being playful that he keep teasing KTH by opening the door when he should have left. In another scene, he shows the picture of YR and the making PD asked if he missed YR. KH answered that even if he could see YR he keep missing her. And then he realize he is talking nonsense (KH shouldn't been able to see ghost YR but he (LKH) confused himself that actually in the shooting he can see KTH)
- LKH and GBG is being playful about how to tease YR while they are eating chicken
- Scenes when YR and MJ met at SW's kindergarten and KH is shocked to see them met face to face. KH supposed to approach MH but he couldn't and feeling awkward. In the end in the real shooting he stayed at the door while gasping for his breath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What I loved about the recent episodes were the sweet flashbacks of their marriage life , them being so happy expecting the lil one , the wonderful friendship they had with the other couple .  I was surprised they were married the bar owner & doctor bestie - very cute !   .  It reinforces the fact why no one seem to have really moved on . Everyone has just decided to bury YR away  & pretend they’ve moved on but have not processed or dealt with the grief properly.

One particular scene that stuck in my mind  Was when  the bestie  was not allowed by her mum in law to go for the funeral as she had just given birth . It’s a cultural taboo , and I fully understood the dilemma coming from this part of the world . That’s why I’m really looking forward to the coming episode where two best friends meet face to face . I know I’ll be crying buckets . I confess being a mum myself, I often put myself in YR’s shoes which probably explains why I get so emotional. :lol:

I also liked how they did Kang Hwa’s  reaction to her coming back from the dead so to speak . He was clearly in disbelief & shock , but at the same time he immediately felt guilt & conflict for having remarried . At the same time I could tell he wanted so much to embrace her because he had missed her so much . LKH is superb with his delivery .

So how I see it is that her 49 days here won’t really be about her turning her fate / death around but fixing the dynamics of the relationships for those she left behind  . It’s such a waste that the grandparents, aunt and YR’s besties can’t be a part of Seo Woo’s life.  I feel very much for Min Jae . I do think she’s a good mum to SW but she’s really had not had it easy . She gets unfairly blamed for being a bad mum to SW and Kang Hwa has never fully given his heart to her & the marriage since it’s always only been YR for him . 

14 hours ago, triplem said:

What I loved about the recent episodes were the sweet flashbacks of their marriage life , them being so happy expecting the lil one , the wonderful friendship they had with the other couple .  I was surprised they were married the bar owner & doctor bestie - very cute !   .  It reinforces the fact why no one seem to have really moved on . Everyone has just decided to bury YR away  & pretend they’ve moved on but have not processed or dealt with the grief properly.

One particular scene that stuck in my mind  Was when  the bestie  was not allowed by her mum in law to go for the funeral as she had just given birth . It’s a cultural taboo , and I fully understood the dilemma coming from this part of the world . That’s why I’m really looking forward to the coming episode where two best friends meet face to face . I know I’ll be crying buckets . I confess being a mum myself, I often put myself in YR’s shoes which probably explains why I get so emotional. :lol:

I also liked how they did Kang Hwa’s  reaction to her coming back from the dead so to speak . He was clearly in disbelief & shock , but at the same time he immediately felt guilt & conflict for having remarried . At the same time I could tell he wanted so much to embrace her because he had missed her so much . LKH is superb with his delivery .

So how I see it is that her 49 days here won’t really be about her turning her fate / death around but fixing the dynamics of the relationships for those she left behind  . It’s such a waste that the grandparents, aunt and YR’s besties can’t be a part of Seo Woo’s life.  I feel very much for Min Jae . I do think she’s a good mum to SW but she’s really had not had it easy . She gets unfairly blamed for being a bad mum to SW and Kang Hwa has never fully given his heart to her & the marriage since it’s always only been YR for him . 

I would like to see more of Min Jung's history. There must be a solid backstory to her character. 

• Like 1

Go Bo Gyeol’s Suspicions About Kim Tae Hee Continue to Grow In “Hi Bye, Mama”

Mar 6, 2020
by J. Lim

“Hi Bye, Mama” tells the story of Cha Yu Ri (Kim Tae Hee), who dies in a tragic accident but is able to return to her family for 49 days.

Cha Yu Ri is focusing on keeping her identity hidden as she watches over her daughter Jo Seo Woo (Seo Woo Jin), but every day brings new challenges. The new stills show Cha Yu Ri face to face with Jo Kang Hwa (Lee Kyu Hyung) and Oh Min Jung (Go Bo Gyeol), who come to Jo Seo Woo’s kindergarten to participate in a class.

Oh Min Jung has an odd look in her eye as she calls over Cha Yu Ri, who works at the kindergarten. Though she tries her best to pull her hat down and stay inconspicuous, she isn’t able to completely avoid the attention of the family. Their expressions of shock, suspicion, and confusion elicit curiosity to know whether Cha Yu Ri’s identity will be exposed and what will happen to her.

Kim-Tae-Hee.jpgGo-Bo-Gyeol.jpgGo-Bo-Gyeol-Lee-Kyu-Hyung.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Tae-Hee-1.jpg

Though Cha Yu Ri had her identity revealed to Jo Kang Hwa, he had not found it easy to tell Oh Min Jung about it. Cha Yu Ri and Oh Min Jung had met at the kindergarten before, and though disaster was avoided initially, Oh Min Jung became suspicious about the woman who looked just like Jo Kang Hwa’s deceased wife.

The production staff of “Hi Bye, Mama” stated, “Cha Yu Ri continues to face dangers of having her identity exposed after she chooses to work at Jo Seo Woo’s kindergarten. Please keep watching to see what happens next.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386915wpp/go-bo-gyeols-suspicions-about-kim-tae-hee-continue-to-grow-in-hi-bye-mama