[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It’s just a play on the sound of his name because they’re similar. They added the word “soup” behind his name. You can try listening to it when they call his name or nicknameThank you! Will pay some more attention when they call his name. 

Thank you @ktcjdrama! Will pay attention when they call his nickname again 

I just read that there will be an additional 4 episodes. Argh! HoPe to watch our OTP in their new family life, instead of more drama with the supporting cast. Having said that, I do look forward to Jongwon's revenge on Junho. 

With all that's haPpening around the world, with lImited filming locations and crew, scripts getting edited to accommodate etc, I'm surprised that SBs has gone ahead with the extension. 

• Like 3

@marrez1Thanks for  ep105 summary.  I'm sure JS would like to join the party at Ok Boon's house but he wasn't invited. But his little daughter is working on it.  The actor playing JS looked a little warn out today. Eyes looked puffy. Allergies? It doesn't appear to be part of the script. Hope he's ok. And I hope everyone else that comes to this thread is too. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, marrez1 said:

P'rincess JB cry  and cry

Oh man, the k-writer really make Ok Boon invite Leeches JB's dad to come live with them:joy: 

The father may end up with Ok Boon lol:joy:

finally DG gets his day

and HJ is superb with her show 

Urgh knew it! But was hoping my gut was wrong as there's only the 2 rooms plus HJ  still home why should have to see his ugly   mug everyday.  Think I'll wait for subs for that one then. oh god no writernim can't be that twisted to make Ok Book and him be together she best marry medical store ahjussi and leave them in the house. After all it's the gift that keeps on given so why not add the house to it too. Thanks @marrez1

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

Did the story move forward at all in episode 105 or should I continue not watching?

The biggest move is the father moving in with Ok Boon so that Saint JB can help him 'recover.'

I swear, the adoring look that Ok Boon gave Saint JB when she said her father can come stay with them, I could feel the barf rising.

My god. Are the Kangs forever going to be doormats for the Lee-ches?

YuRi is itching to get her dad JS into the house too and back with her mom. HJ needs to have a serious talk with her ASAP.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

it feels like the writer needs some lessons:

~ my guess is that the lee family actors were told that they are to provide comic relief for the drama. so their acting style should be broad and loud. except the way they were written, it just annoyed all of us like crazy and we can't stand them at all.

~ character background is supposed to explain character motivations but is not an excuse for their behaviour. the writer needs to watch more revenge dramas to see how complex villains are written. nowhere do we viewers feel sorry for them but we do get an insight into why these characters are so nasty. often their background has taught them that it is a dog eat dog world and so they truly believe everything goes. it takes coming to peace with their background for real change to happen. even then, their actions are not randomly excused.

~ there's consequences to actions but the writer does not seem to want to explore. why?

~ the writer is not able to make the leap between background and character building. yuran is a little more complex only because the actress is doing so much acting. give that woman a raise! she has infused far more depth than what the writer has managed to do. so when she says that her mother did the same, what we needed was a few more lines of reflection. the woman she hated, she has now become. what does that mean? we needed yuran to say a few more. but nope, we get nothing.

~ the writer either is getting paid to patronize the lee family for some reason or the writer just absurdly likes them. nothing about their background makes any sense of the behaviour. hae jin, cheol jin grew up without father. so they had no problem? and ok boon had no husband and was always working. she didn't have problems? so am left with the conclusion that either the writer is absurdly attached to the lee family for whatever reason or she got paid to write more scenes for them because JB actress is linked to someone in the industry....

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

HAPPY HOME (2017) 50 episodes, reminds me of WANNA TASTE. HJ's story is similar to Mi Soon's. @brbe33posted: "She used to be proud of her beauty 전지현 뺨도 친다는 미모 (direct translation is a bit strange). She became “Ahjuhmma”(can’t even find the trace of that beauty), taking care of her immature husband, doing restaurant labor work and supporting her father-in-law...."

Man-Ho is her jerk husband. When she finds out she is being betrayed she takes a baseball bat and goes for Man-Ho's new car that she bought for him with her hard work. 

She worked in her father in laws restaurant since she was 20 and is the reason for it's success. But the father in law betrays her too. And sides with the son Man-Ho. He takes her kids.  He is even mean to his wife. Shh.

Now I am prejudiced against the actor who played the father in law. That's the reason why I didn't care to watch FATHER IS STRANGE, although some have the opinion that it's a whole lot better than ONCE AGAIN. Now, I  might tune in to see Father is Strange since it was recommended. Merit speaks wonders.

@LmanglaIt might back fire on the actress playing JB. People might not want to see her again for playing such a pathetic role.

I'll stop here before I put my foot in my mouth.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, brooksmom said:

Now I am prejudiced against the actor who played the father in law. That's the reason why I didn't care to watch FATHER IS STRANGE, although some have the opinion that it's a whole lot better than ONCE AGAIN. Now, I  might tune in to see Father is Strange since it was recommended. Merit speaks wonders.

Ah! You may miss out on it.

“Father is Strange” (and “Five Enough”) is one of the best family dramas.

Here are some pointers for “Father is Strange”’ (this may contain some spoilers).

1. Main senior characters (father Han-Soo & mother Young-Sil) were great couple. They deeply loved each other & their children. The wife helped the husband at the restaurant; in turn, the husband helped the wife in housework.
  2. Main junior characters, the couple’s children, were reunited before the drama’s end.
    1. The son, Joon-Young, married long before the drama’s end.
    2. The eldest daughter, Hye-Young, married around the middle. Like in other dramas, her mother-in-law tried to interfere in her marriage. However, Hye-Young checkmated her.
    3. Another daughter, Ra-Young, dated a chaebol son. The chaebol dad tried to separate the pair, but Ra-Young checkmated the dad & kept dating the son until the end.
    4. Still another daughter, Mi-Young, became a couple with film star Joong-Hee, several episodes before the drama’s end.
  3. Consequently, we have a lot of bonding scenes between loving couples in many episodes.
  4. Now people could see why this drama is enjoyable: It is an exception against the tired formula of most dramas (in which main kind characters are reunited only in the last episodes, and thus viewers only get very short sweet moments between the kind characters).
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, marrez1 said:

P'rincess JB cry  and cry

Oh man, the k-writer really make Ok Boon invite Leeches JB's dad to come live with them:joy: 

The father may end up with Ok Boon lol:joy:

finally DG gets his day

and HJ is superb with her show 

thats why i stop watching its very unbearable, @Lmangla i think the writer is trying to make the JB actress to be notice in the industry like what we are doing now :lol: btw her acting is really really bad.

the WANNA TASTE is a misleading title, it should be WE ARE THE LEECHES! (the only difference they have with the live leeches, THE LEECHES sip or suck scene time and storyline) :o:D

17 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Did the story move forward at all in episode 105 or should I continue not watching?

no need to think Stop watching like most of us did :lol:. there is no point of watching. Lets just clean our house get rid of the unwanted thing by this lockdown/quarantine is done. :D the story ended already. the next drama seems to be interesting, i think its Hyun Jyu Ni first lead role.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Right OK Boon was emotional blackmailed by JB with all that bawling. 

If she had changed she would have refused the suggestion and asked her husband to get a flat and move out. Even more if the dad had any scruples he'd have refused. He just rolled up so easily the heartless git after raising a bunch of leeches. Unscrupulous bunch of so and so s, CJ too should have taken his entrapment wife and left. HJ needs to sort her kid out, its cruel leaving her with that hope.

This better be that HJ  fell asleep at just before her blind date with that was ruined by JS and  she wakes up from the nightmare and she was able to dodge the bucket of water.... seen as writernim likes flashbacks.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

thats why i stop watching its very unbearable, ....

12 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I am not watching unless someone tells me JW actually does something to JH.

I feel for you. Hae-Jin & Dae-Gu have a good time in episode 106-107. However, considering past plot development, Jin-Sang & Bae-Yoo-Ram & Yu-Ri may work together to split the couple. Then, viewers would suffer more unromantic episodes in which the Lees sabotage the Kang’s happiness. At this rate, we do not know when HJ & DG would be reunited. It is possible that they are only reunited at the last episodes. May I offer an alternative?

For general viewers

People may be tired of dramas in which (1) the kind FL or ML is a doormat, (2) the kind FL & ML are reunited only at the last episode, (3) and thus the romantic scenes are very few.  Then, they are invited to have a look at this drama.

Great Romance: “Eternal Love of Dream” (Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book)

For romance lovers, “Eternal Love of Dream” may be one of the best romances, for these reasons:

1. The story is quite focused on the romance between main good FL (Bai Fengjiu) & ML (Dong Hua Dijun); thus, there is less distraction.  
  2. While it has 56 episodes, the romance starts right from episode 1 and keeps going until episode 56.
  3. It has bonding scenes between FL & ML in each episode. Thus, this drama has quite a lot of such scenes.  
  4. There are many ways in which FL & ML express their togetherness, like:
    1. Having close contacts: looking at each other tenderly, holding hands, hugging, caressing heads, kissing lips/noses/brows/hands
    2. Chatting and teasing
    3. Doing things together: projects, plays and fighting.
  5. The cute and bonding scenes are often given in long minutes so that the audience could absorb the sweetness.
  6. Both support each other from episode 1 to 56: The ML, a good fighter, always tries to protect the FL; however, the FL is no damsel in distress; she is also a good fighter and always tries to protect the ML’
  7. In many dramas, the romantic scenes mostly happen when they date but decrease or stop after they marry. In this drama, after they get married (3 times in three lifetimes) the romantic scenes get even better. This is a good lesson for marriage/living with a spouse.

IMO, many romance dramas could not even fully satisfy some points in the above list. By contrast, this drama satisfies all of the 7 points.

Note:

1. This may sound exaggerating. If so, please check the drama yourselves.
  2. Previously, there is another great romance: “Eternal Love” or “Ten Miles of Peach Blossom”; however, this drama (Pillow Book) has more bonding moments between main FL & ML than the previous drama).
  3. This drama is a topic in another thread listed in the right hand column (By angelangie).

There is plenty of fish in the sea.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if its JS and Yran to work together to split up HJ and DG or more like Yran wants to use JS to punish JH.  JS of course wants to try with HJ because he knows per his father that he is nothing without her. HJ got him into college , let him roam around free and waited on him hand and foot when they were married. He flunked out of school not appreciating he was lucky to get in and has lost everything all because he thought he was better than HJ and did not want her anymore. He never took school seriously and wasted the time he should have been trying hard to make something of himself.  Its hard for him to see her with DG who he feels was helped by HJ. He never appreciated what he had when he was married to HJ. He can''t do anything at all and wants to use the relationship as YR's father to come back. Its still selfish behavior to want to do this when he can see that HJ has moved on and is close to another man. JS never thought of this when he was running around with JR and married her before the ink was dry on the divorce with HJ. I doubt he loves HJ he just wants to use her again because he has hit rock bottom. (I never thought he loved her 7 years ago).

Spoiler

I am interested to see what will HJ tell JS when he comes barging into her restaurant. JS will latch on to whatever scheme Yran is cooking up in hopes of trying to make money but he is still a person who  has no skills and is a bad bet for any woman. He nor Yran have reflected on themselves as to how their lives turned out that way currently. Until they can take responsibility for their actions and accept the punishment they will still end up getting caught and made to pay for their poor choices. 

Yran is angry that JW is blocking her in that company and yet she keeps forgetting why JW has a right to be angry. JW is legally the wife of JH and a director in the company with stocks. So why should she not want a bit of revenge against Yran who walked up into her house to tell her to let go of her husband he loves her? Why should she not want to fix Yran who strutted around like she was the man's wife and treated everyone nasty? I think Manager Oh told her best if you sat down and kept quiet and reflected then people would try to help her later if she was truly sorry. Instead Yran does not like those worlds that Manger Oh told her and storms upstairs to say something ugly to JW. Yran thinks JW looks down on her, but I don't think that is the case. I think its her nasty mouth to JW every time she saw her after the incident. Her snide comments before she exposed the affair. No woman would allow another woman to walk up into her face that way and talk to her that way. JW's way is to fix her so she can't stand up in her career and life instead of slapping her and pulling her hair.

Yran's main thing is why is she the only one being punished? Why not JH? Did she forget that JH pushed it all on her and said she was chasing him? JH pushed the blame to her throwing her under the bus and its up to his wife to believe or not. JW chooses to believe him as his wife although we all know she knows the truth. If Yran had stayed in her place she would get to see JH punished. But she has been stimulated by the fact that she can't make a comeback due to no one wanting to hire her. (It's only been weeks if not months that her scandal of her fraud came out! ) Of course no one would hire her and its completely ridiculous of her to think she can get a helping hand in JH's company.  JH has set her off by the selfish and ugly words he says to her showing that she is only good for one thing and he does not think of her as someone to love but to use for his own benefit. It should not be a surprise to her because he has always shown this to her. Any man that can tell you he can not see you as the mother of his children is not a person you should continue to be with. Or tells her she does not deserve to use the word "love" is not a man you should continue to be with. 

I am happy Yran seems to have woken up from her delusions but angry that she is not seeing she is partly the cause of her dilemma. No one told her to walk around arrogant and confronting the wife of the man she was having an affair with. No one told her to be so nasty to everyone she came in contact with so that when she is exposed as a fraud no one would help her speak out. No one told her to barge into someone's home and create a scene either she did all of that herself not wanting to stay in her mistress lane but wanted to be the main lead of that 3 party drama. Yran made in roads with her relationship with her son but she still has a ways to go with everything else. Now is the best time to lay low and do something else if she is not going back to France.  Instead she is prolly about to blow up that affair in hopes of hurting JW and JH. 

One of the better things for me is to see JS's father have to work for his lodgings. He honestly thought he would move there and get to freeload. Have a loop hole to see his daughter. I am angry that is HJ's mom who seems to have to teach these people to grow up and stop being lazy. But I am happy that if he is under that roof he does not get to laze around and do nothing. He should be peeling 3 bowls of onions a day and at least 4 bags of garlic. How dare he happily run there to live and think he will do nothing there. At least Jbong is not opening her mouth. I hope she realizes how fortunate she is that her MIL even did that for her. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Yran's main thing is why is she the only one being punished? Why not JH?

so I agree with you that yuran is basically the mistress of her own fate and reaping her actions. however, had a slightly different view on this (quote) after watching the episode. actually kind of agree with yuran. an affair does not happen by one person on their own. it requires two. so both the woman and man are responsible. both jeon won and jun hu are denying that there was an affair. if there was no affair, then there is no need for revenge right? -- that is yuran's view.

since yuran has no way of knowing that jeon won is plotting in the back, jeon won's pretense that nothing happened in order to keep her life does seem hypocritical. since we viewers have been waiting forever for jeon won to confront jun hu, am on yuran's side with this -- if you are going to take revenge, then confront the man and get him to realize you are not a fool and cannot be taken for granted. after that, you want to forgive him and accept him back, fine. but to pretend that nothing happened? it is the reason why jun hu is sitting there shamelessly missing yuran and calling her.

18 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

One of the better things for me is to see JS's father have to work for his lodgings. He honestly thought he would move there and get to freeload.

thank goodness for that! the writer must have realized that we viewers are not going to accept him freeloading. it would be too much to wish that he would get sick of peeling onions and move on to his own place! kekekeke...

and had to laugh at some of the lines that dae gu was saying -- he wants to write a heartwarming drama and thats all he can do even if viewers criticize. felt like that was a dig at viewers and I was chuckling -- if you wanted to write a heartwarming drama, don't make the drama about the lee family! ^_^

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so I agree with you that yuran is basically the mistress of her own fate and reaping her actions. however, had a slightly different view on this (quote) after watching the episode. actually kind of agree with yuran. an affair does not happen by one person on their own. it requires two. so both the woman and man are responsible. both jeon won and jun hu are denying that there was an affair. if there was no affair, then there is no need for revenge right? -- that is yuran's view.

I agree to an extent and given we are talking about Yran this is very true. I think the main issue is Yran does not see she did anything wrong. In her mind she was with JH first then he was made to marry JW. Yran was pushed into the mistress category waiting for her chance to be the main star. In that time she gained an inferiority complex especially where JW was concerned given how JH propped her up telling Yran she does not come close to being the woman that JW is.

It's the right of JW to deny the affair if it harms her life. JW has the right to say she believes her husband because legally she has all the ground to stand on. What is funny is what does Yran want to see? JH get kicked out? JH get divorced? Or see JH being uncomfortable because his wife is making his life miserable? Will it make her happy to see him suffer like she feels she is doing? Will it show its not a class thing like she believes if JH is put through the ringer as well for his lies and infidelity? If Yran had not ran around being crazy after the run in at the house then she too would have been able to continue on.( just not in that company.) But even after the big reveal at the house she still continued to cling and act up so she is being punished for her exposing the affair but also trying to cling and fight back when she had no leg to stand on or no power given she was the one doing something wrong in the first place. She was not alone in this because JH was a willing participant but she became the expendable one because she had nothing she could fight back with.  Once he married she should have thought enough of herself to a. never go at it with  him in a bed in his house hours before his wedding and b. to drop him once he said " I Do" with JW. and the best one is c. continue to listen to JH's lies about his loving her and that he would have married her if her circumstances were different. But then again perhaps if she really came from a family that could help him he would have. 

Spoiler

If Yran had felt the least bit sorry for carrying on with JH or realized that perhaps his wife loved him as well and was hurt by the affair I do not think JW would have been as harsh to her. But then again we are talking about Yran who is brash, crazy and straight forward even when her words are harsh to others. Totally brazen is a good way to sum up Yran.  Yran may own up that she had an affair with JH but she is no means sorry. The real issue is since she is not apologetic or have any regrets then she should still be given a helping hand in that company to start over again. It's very brazen and we know she should have thought of what would happen if things failed with getting JH and her career broke with no way to restart, but Yran did not think of that because in her mind at the time she was assured of JH's love and support even if her fraud was exposed. Only she saw the truth that JH would save himself and toss her under the bus. 

Yran saw JW's actions to her as condescending and degrading and her pride was hurt to be told to be kicked out of the house after her scene or to be trash on the roof of the company. Yet again these are all run in with JW that she initiated because she can't hold her temper, dares to feel that she is being mistreated after what she has said and done to JW. JW has really gone easy on her if you look at considering what Yran has said to her .

Yes, JH needs to be punished and Yran is now over stimulated by his words to her. But Yran forgets that she ran around in an affair when she was suppose to be married. Yran went on tv with GJ acting like she was the perfect mother and wife. All she will do is harm herself more because public opinion will condemn her once again. Yes, she will expose JH , but at the same time she will also harm her son GJ after DG has told her to not do anything that could harm or upset that child. Yran knows that what she is about to do will cause issues for GJ possibly because she says sorry to GJ right before she calls JS. Her actions are going to bring out the entire mess and DG will also get pulled In I bet he was the best friend of JH at the time and Yran was his wife. 

If she is upset she can't start over then go somewhere else to start over or change her name do something else along with changing her ways. Then she can come back, but with Yran's personality she wants what she wants now. But for drama sake Yran will not do that, but will instead go all out causing a big mess with the help of JS who is another one who forgets he was a gold digging idiot. He is upset that he is only making pennies instead of the big money he feels he should be. Of course he is upset that no one will hire him because he does not have a college degree, but then he had the chance to be a lawyer if he stuck to school and not partied all the time. The situation is all of his greedy making (loosing that 175,000, and the house) he never thought of others when he had that affair with JR nor when he stole the money from the sale of the shop or stole the seal and deed to the house. Now he is about to do something else after getting that blow from HJ about not getting back together no matter what he does.  Yran will make him upset that he lost his job when the marriage ended, but why should the company hold him when he pushed JR away ruthlessly so there are no benefits considering his background. All he was doing at the company anyway was being a delivery driver with no real responsibility. 

In another way I am hopeful she does out the affair. I would like it to be after JW gets her hands on the stocks. I understand she is trying to make sure that JH has no power to fight when she goes in to try to take it away from him. Then again if she outs the affair and the stocks drop then she and her father can buy up as much as she wants to take a controlling interest. One of JH's main issues (besides being an arrogant ***) is he thinks he is more than he is due to being the head of that company. Power has allowed him to run over and use people. We see this with his words to Yran and actions as he expects her to fall in line and do what he wants while he walks away and goes home when done. We see this with his lies to his wife thinking he has pulled a fast one over her and then he starts missing what he had with Yran. We see this with the way he tired to lie to DG and when that did not work had the nerve to get angry at DG not believing him nor wanting to stay in that company. We see it with his words to JR and her mom who also reminded JH that it takes two to be in an affair. He has put himself way above others and feels that his actions are not wrong when all of the issues stem from his can't keep it in his pant's. 

I want him to be totally shocked at the evidence that JH has of that affair and get a huge blow to not only is pride and ego as he realizes his wife was not a fool and plotted to kick him out or demote him with a controlling interest in that company. JH needs to be made really humble, because now I have to fast forward his arrogant face every time I see him as he dares to be sarcastic or snide to JW or even talk to Yran as she is a possession. JH acts removed from the issue like he did not cause any harm to others by his actions. He truly thinks that if he denies the affair will clear him of having had one. And yet we see him pinning over and running over to find Yran again and again. It was totally creepy he followed her home then dared to go back to the company to say something to JW about her wanting to know everything he does or goes on in his life only to have her give him a slap down over Yran saying he should be punished too. 

I am not saying she is wrong for wanting to have JH punished as well. (Let's face it he is slime!) I just think she is not going about it smartly. Perhaps if she had apologized like I mentioned and truly understood where JW was coming from perhaps even joining hands with JW she could get her desired revenge and see him punished as well. 

Edited by Ldy Gmerm
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

Hmm, looks like BYR is making things interesting! I loved how she told JH off!

but what are she and JS plotting?  

by the way, I am literally only watching her scenes. 

She wants JS to be a witness to her affair with JH. She wants to expose it to the press but knows it would be his word against hers without a witness. 

For those wanting more DG/HJ romance, we are getting it in spades ♠️ this week. Why are we still focusing on the Lee family?

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1