[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

On 2/17/2020 at 4:18 PM, Kasmic said:

Are your referring to this song ? it's OST 7 by Mondaykidz

yup...Mondaykidz sound like kim junsu when u heard only a short version of the song...Thank you for correcting me

2 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

In the preview, Ah Reum walks follows In beom and they both look distraught, wonder what that is about?

Now I am curious about Nurse Eun Tak reaction to Dr Ah Reum relationship with Dr Do In Beom

• Like 5

Preview for ep15 with my translation: [my knowledge of Korean is quite limited so correct me if I am wrong]

Do In-bum: Is the [patient's] brain ok?

Nurse Um: Dr Do has come here?

Kim Sa-bu: What are you [In-bum] coming here for?

Yoon Ah-reum: Oppa, please...!

Do In-bum: Why? You haven't seen that? Good hands but bad eyes?

Unknown male: Their motive is to find excuse to shut down Doldam.

Nurse Oh: It looks as if they are dumping Prof Shim Hye-jin.

Do In-bum: What have you just done, Dr Seo Woo-jin?

Seo Woo-jin: Don't dare touch anything... whether it's Doldam Hospital, or Teacher Kim....

Dr Yang: You son of a....you really wanna die?

Seo Woo-jin: Don't dare touch anything!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

we still need to wait till next week for do inbum.. *sigh*

i am very curious about Aruem ssem with him, i wonder if i mssed anything before.

can't wait to see their interection next week!

and our girl fights back! i adore her character development. gosh, all she need right now is realise about her feelings towards SWJ. 

and finally CEJ using her gangster's friends to solve SWJ's problem. Gosh, i love this pair so much.

those gangster gonna be very loyal to CEJ till the end!

i hope there is season 3. jebal!

• Like 5

Thanks to @000231846597 and @stroppyse for the translation and @Kasmic for the live updates :)

Again, poor CEJ cant win against the writer and other people take away the chance of saving SWJ.

now the story is all about SWJ who see Sabu as a father figure. Of course, central character is Dr. Sabu but poor CEJ could have got some importance too. CEJ and SWJ have cute moments but i wonder what did SWJ like about her? For me the place when helps the domestic abuse lady will be her biggest warm point. Our two lady doctors dont stand a chance to shine. They set my expectations up and in the end it was all about SWJ.

oh and that Dr. Yoon had it coming. Am glad CEJ hit him!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Some highlight gifs of ep 14... so many emotions experience in last nights ep.  Woke up seeing these memes on twitter is  hilarious 

CEJ wasnt a doctor but a detective, lawyer, police and  Baek In Ha :joy:

Spoiler

EREpltnUYAAT-sX?format=jpg&name=medium

k44iqEl.gif

This slow burning relationship.. how many screaming at them both to freaking CROSS THAT LINE DAMIT! :joy:

CM8HWyY.gif

cr. page of you 

Just so we could see this 

real life stares = heart palpitations  

EREq6QAUwAAiPs8?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

I understand your feelings about this drama as this is my main tsk tsk about it too. Im really surprised that the writer and PD did  this to LSK character. S1 was so well written, very well planned and researched especially on the medical and operation procedures that I wouldve thought s2 was a whole different film crew and its not. Im not in the medical field  but reading your conversation between yourself and @ck1Oz S2 seems to have so some flaws in the OR scenes and to me Dr EJ nausea is the MAJOR flaw. Like you I dont understand how she can gain her fellowship because in my country there would be no way that she would get that far in her profession. Worse yet she wouldnt be able to pass her university degree let alone work in a hospital. If there are any medical professions or medical students on this thread please clarify lol! 

Tagging @stroppyse.  Yes that was my major gripe.  I dropped it in Ep4 (I think) because of the implausibility of her background.  What irked me more was her steadfast refusal to accept her obvious limitation and persists in putting patients at risk by her denial and trying to cover it up.  She cannot perform surgery and falls asleep on her patient?  That’s just ludicrous.  It’s not like the patient is in any state to even fight back, protest or tell her off?  They are under general anesthesia and in the most vulnerable state possible?  She not only somehow managed to breeze through her surgical residency undetected and proceeds to pursue a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery?  How deluded and unconscionable can she be to think she can do that?  She blames her mom for all that pressure?  She had “no choice” in the matter?  I kept waiting for her character to move on to redeem herself but she never seemed to “wake up”.  I wanted to cheer when Kim SaBu kicked her out of his OR (is he the only sane doctor)?  And she still persists in pulling the “victim” card.  :mellow:.  So I gave up.  Her character frustrated me no end.  I keep reading recaps to see if she improved (looks like she magically does thanks to KSB)...but only much later in the drama.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1

Some mysteries to be answered

Who's your daddy Dr Bae??

s8ZDo0O.gif

Dr Yun seems comfortable to smack cranky Dr Do on the back and calling him "Oppa!" He mustve been his cranky self on Euntak so she hit him. Cant wait to see Euntak jealous again.

NXtT38f.gif

Dimple couple seems to be taking a step back  

img.gif

cr. heytum

CONGRATULATIONS RDTK2 on 23.4% ratings!   :thumbsup::heart:

cr. Naver 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Who's your daddy Dr Bae??

Mafia!! The biggest boss :joy:

He is so cute. Aww the poor dimple couple!

@nrllee  i hate what they did to CEJ, her character arc is... not smooth or nice. I like the actress but it is obvious that this drama was about the men!! Even in this episode, she is cute, innocent and ignorant like a child. It is almost as though the author is saying: no serious business for women! (Sorry, i cant help but feel that! Last sequence with Dr. Bone and then the gangsters proves this. She doesnt try to find out if it was really the gangsters, she is happy to be called the second in command and thankfully the drama only has 2 more episodes else the kind of effects they had put I was wondering if the gangsters might create problems for her! Anyway, cute and funny guys. Lastly, some of her actions are so much of what is given to secondary characters! She seems to almost have 3 personalities with the drama.)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 2

9 hours ago, morningdew said:

Finally Jang Manager & Kim sabu took action

I enjoy ep14's epilogue very much :glasses: Good job, Manager Jang!

9 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

and finally CEJ using her gangster's friends to solve SWJ's problem. Gosh, i love this pair so much.

I am not buying the way scriptwriter resolved the loan shark problem... I mean, the gang is like a double edged sword... you never know the consequences after being indebted to them.... but I am glad this prolonged side-plot is finally over. Well, it's dramaland, so I am ok to cut the scriptwriter some slack.

Meanwhile, there are still things in scriptwriting I am not happy with, given there are only 2 episodes left now:

• Lack of character background stories for Dr Yoon Ah-reum & Dr Bae;
  • The draggy minor-plots: to keep the pace intense normally they should end within 2 episodes; but let's recall a bit-- the family violence case, the doctor agent, the table death vip patient, etc; they all last longer than needed without creating enough tension; they feel a bit too scattered... and there are simply not enough interesting medical cases which make the story intense (unlike season 1);
  • The various unprofessional things: besides the doctor's oath thing that we have discussed previously, one of the scenes that I find particularly disturbing was when SeoWJ, Nurse Oh & Prof Shim were operating on one emergercy patient while having heated conversations whether to uncover the mis-conducted operation of ChaEJ's brother... come on! there was one patient having his body cut open in front of them at that moment! They really have to focus....
  • The stubbornness of Dr Park: I cannot get why Park IG is so persistent in pressing ahead the young VIP's cancer surgery.... it defies logic that Dr Park is not being more careful than usual in dealing with this particularly sensitive case, with VIP and so much interests behind at stake....
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

40 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

I am not buying the way scriptwriter resolved the loan shark problem... I mean, the gang is like a double edged sword... you never know the consequences after being indebted to them.... but I am glad this prolonged side-plot is finally done for good. Well, it's dramaland, so I am ok to cut the scriptwriter some slack.

Meanwhile, there are still things in scriptwriting I am not happy with, given there are only 2 episodes left now:

• The draggy minor-plots: to keep the pace intense normally they should end within 2 episodes; but let's recall a bit-- the family violence case, the doctor agent, the table death vip patient, etc; they all last longer than needed without creating enough tension; they feel a bit too scattered... and there are simply not enough interesting medical cases which make the story intense (unlike season 1);
  • The various unprofessional things: besides the doctor's oath thing that we have discussed previously, one of the scenes that I find particularly disturbing was when SeoWJ, Nurse Oh & Prof Shim were operating on one emergercy patient while having heated conversations whether to uncover the mis-conducted operation of ChaEJ's brother... come on! there was one patient having his body cut open in front of them at that moment! They really have to focus....
  • The stubbornness of Dr Park: I cannot get why Park IG is so persistent in pressing ahead the young VIP's cancer surgery.... it defies logic that Dr Park is not being more careful than usual in dealing with this particularly sensitive case, with VIP and so much interests behind at stake....

haha..im the not-taking-drama- things-too-seriously-type too.

seeing how the gangster are so loyal to KSB, i hope they will loyal to CEJ as well.

i agree, they got so much chance to tell more about Yoon Aruem and Dr. Bae (im really curious about him). i guess 16ep wont be enough if they include something about these two.

about the table death, i don't understand why they keep the vip unnecessarily appearing a couple of times if they just want to kill him off in the table death scene. and i agree about dr. park inguk... what the hell is he thinking? i thought he's a good dr, that even KSB believe in him.

maybe im the weird one, i like S2 more than S1. I finished S1 for Do Inbum only... and that pretty chinese dr.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, yoyo_icecube said:

Love at the first sight, maybe?

Haha! Good one. I was thinking about her pretty looks too.

And @yoyo_icecube it is a drama and I dont want to take it seriously but they should atleast make it well.

I confess that I see it with the FF button and i do grind my teeth everytime they make CEJ into... ¿?¿?¿

@000231846597 you said a lot of what I have been thinking. I think they tried to appease too many people and include too many dramatic things (and dragging some) instead of working on better characterization. They were commercial and click-baity from the start to the end. 

Btw me thinks that SWJ is being prepared to become Sabu's successor. The almost father-son relation development is evident for some episodes now.

>i didnt mean to rant more! Sorry.

I just want a good entertainment with interesting women characters full stop<

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Tagging @stroppyse.  Yes that was my major gripe.  I dropped it in Ep4 (I think) because of the implausibility of her background.  What irked me more was her steadfast refusal to accept her obvious limitation and persists in putting patients at risk by her denial and trying to cover it up.  She cannot perform surgery and falls asleep on her patient?  That’s just ludicrous.  It’s not like the patient is in any state to even fight back, protest or tell her off?  They are under general anesthesia and in the most vulnerable state possible?  She not only somehow managed to breeze through her surgical residency undetected and proceeds to pursue a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery?  How deluded and unconscionable can she be to think she can do that?  She blames her mom for all that pressure?  She had “no choice” in the matter?  I kept waiting for her character to move on to redeem herself but she never seemed to “wake up”.  I wanted to cheer when Kim SaBu kicked her out of his OR (is he the only sane doctor)?  And she still persists in pulling the “victim” card.  :mellow:.  So I gave up.  Her character frustrated me no end.  I keep reading recaps to see if she improved (looks like she magically does thanks to KSB)...but only much later in the drama.

I get how you are frustrated at her character. I'm not seeing her under a med student, so I might have a different angle to approach her. Yeah, it didn't make sense to me first when I saw her fainted in the OR, and how it flashback to her student time at med school. I don't know the procedure to be graduated and become a doctor, how many exams she needs to take, but I think it this way. In the conversation of her and her mom at Doldam hospital, when she defended Woojin because of her brother's fault, her mom said something about how she can say she doesn't want to study med school even though her mom (she said "uri" which means "we") made her go this far to this point. That detail makes me rethink about Eun Jae's situation. She even mentioned her family is all doctor except her mom, so she might make herself through the exams by relations? That could happen. Also, her senior at Goldae hospital mentioned she's good at her knowledge, she's just troublesome with dealing in the OR with her nauseousness. I think she can deal with it for a while, that's why she came to some kind of tranquillizers to calm herself down, which later on we can see how it affects her with sleepiness. So the whole thing kinda explains maybe by that way she can made herself out of med school and became a doctor. She even faces consequences afterwards, and Kim Sabu appears as her life savior. Maybe if you keep watching, you can see her development as a doctor and a person. She used to be a sore loser, so she never admits what makes her feel wrong even though she does it wrong. But later on, she does self-reflection a lot to realize how she wanna be a doctor, not only because of her mom. She found out she has talent, and a good heart, and care for patients, and a purity soul. She learned a lesson from Kim Sabu and gradually learned how to be herself and learned the purpose of being a doctor. I think this is the way how the writer builds her character. I agree with you that they did not do a good job on medical knowledge to build her character at the beginning, but under the humanity angle, I kinda like how they make her from an annoying, selfish, stubborn person to her today. It's such a good development to me so far. I just don't like they make her character grow kinda slow, like until now she's still growing. I kinda expect they make her better like in the middle of the drama, but yeah~.

If I take a wider look, everybody in the film has flaws (but obviously her flaws is the BIGGEST unacceptable one). Woojin firstly just wants to be a doctor to make money, Dr. Yang still stays at a top hospital even though his skills suck, Dr. Shim only does things that are good for her, but later on, thanks to the people in Doldam, they gradually understand why they are there helping people (except for Dr. Yang tho, he's a jerk and forever be a jerk). I think the writer wants the viewers to see the humanity value of the drama: Doctors always help people. Patients first, themselves later. That's how I enjoy the show this much.

Sorry for this lengthy comment. :")

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:

Totally agree with you. There are so many things to be said, and I feel the writer is too greedy to put a lot of characters that play nearly no role to the storyline. I wish instead of making more people, just focus on the main storyline about a specific number of people so that it's more tight. In season 1, I don't buy the the adding of the Chinese intern to the storyline, and this season, I don't buy the adding of a lot of people and irrelevant scenes, like the VIP boy, or Dr. Yang the stalker. I mean they can be in the film, but don't use them to distract the main storyline. Sometimes I just wanted to cut off the time they use for irrelevant characters and scenes for those who really need to tell a story. They only have 16 eps, with this mess I doubt how they end it. One more thing I like in season 1 is that every character has a connection to each other, I don't see it in this season. It makes me feel "forced" to see how the knots are untied, so clumsy and unnatural.

I don't like the arc of Dr. Park either. I was expecting something like he was a loner  and just wanted to defeat Kim Sabu because of his ego, but now everything is so confusing and messy. His character is not even in a clear sketch. I don't know how the writer's gonna do with his character. I'm looking forward for a clear closure for his role. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

In the preview why would Nurse Uhm ask about Inbeom being at Doldam? She doesnt know him right, since sh3 wasnt in the first season yet.

In terms of characters, i dont get having to replace the two nurses back in s1 with nurse Uhm and Joo.  They didnt really add anything much to the story. 

And i am still curious about backstories for Dr Nam, nurse Oh and Park, her relationship with Manager Jang, and of course what would happen to Pres Yeo, and why he didnt opt for treatment.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cherriesblue said:

In terms of characters, i dont get having to replace the two nurses back in s1 with nurse Uhm and Joo.  They didnt really add anything much to the story. 

i didn't even realise that Uhm was not in S1 omg.. maybe the actress for the roles was not available right now. so they change to new chracters.

• Like 2

OMG THIS EP WAS INTENSE. okay first off, I WAS SOOOOO SATISFIED WHEN EUNJAE SLAPPED DR YANG ON HIS FREAKING HEAD. like he had it coming for a loooooooong time. like wow that's what you get for the constant verbal abuse towards eunjae. I love how woojin went into protective mode when eunjae got insulted but she managed to stand up for herself so THAT'S A FIRST. and omg their convo afterwards.. the way eunjae asked him not to leave definitely caused some tugging onto his heart omg. i was hoping she'd hugged him or something.. sigh. 

oh and when woojin answered dr park's phone call in front of dr yang just to spite him?! FREAKING SATISFIED. and i knew he wouldn't leave in the end! heh.. but who is dr bones' father??? so mysterious at all... and hey, at least we see eunjae asking her gangster friends for help!!!!! finally!!!! >< 

now let's talk about dr shim. she was right. yall should have listened to her. idk why she's so invested in the whole incident, but my guess is that the thing that dr park helped her got out of is prolly similar to this incident. which is why she was adamant on not doing the surgery. but sadly, one life is lost because of dr park's pride and greed. i'm curious to know her story more esp since we see in the preview that dr park is planning to throw her aside. sigh. 

oh and dr park dr park.. tsk tsk tsk. i was hoping he would insist on taking responsibility but ofc, richard simmons ceo just gotta manipulate him and prolly ask him to sacrifice someone else (maybe dr shim??) to save his own butt ugh. 

But that scene was intense tho?! the one where both teams were desperately saving two patients. IT WAS SOOOOO INTENSE OMG. 

so season 1 dr do cameo has arrived! i didn't watch season 1 so i'm not too sure who he is.. but looking at the preview apparently he's also ahreum's brother?! WOWWWWWWWW. 

just like that, the drama's wrapping up soon :( i'm still hoping eunjae and woojin will have their happy ending and kiss one last time heh. can't wait for next week!!!!!!!  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Good job, Manager Jang!

omg i found him super hilarious!!! he's our secret spy! ><

5 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

I am not buying the way scriptwriter resolved the loan shark problem.

i think it definitely has something to do with what dr bae did... it's either his family consist of some powerful gangs (he did mentioned his father) or he simply helped paid off woojin's debts. hoping they would reveal more in the last two eps.. 

7 hours ago, Kasmic said:

This slow burning relationship.. how many screaming at them both to freaking CROSS THAT LINE DAMIT! 

OMG i was literally screaming "JUST DO IT CROSS THE DAMN LINE" 

14 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

gad that scene is so cute and hilarious lol!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2