[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

3 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Venting about the romance in the shows I am watching so far... In Game towards Zero, the OTP moves at lightning speed but too fast until we don’t feel the buildup. On the other hand, in this one, the OTP moves at such a snail pace until I feel frustrated. The OTP in Crash Landing is technically perfect in pacing but I find myself FF-ing their scenes (I live for the secondary characters in that show!) Arghh! So frustrating!

Spoiler

haha some chingus and i finished Chocolate a few weeks ago and the joke about “slow brew totally innocent” romance is monk/nun relationship now.. just like the highly anticipated CLOY :joy:

32 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Jang Ki Tae and Oh Myung Shim, a divorced couple, as they are leaving work for the day.

i always thought Nurse Oh and Dr Nam have a more matured kind of friendship (hopefully relationship in future) than Nurse Oh with Manager Jang.. the latter pair seem to have too different idealism to their career and life.. i like how Nurse Oh and Dr Nam chat and share their minds at work and also at the small cabin bistro.. what’s the name again?? lol

• Like 3

@sadthe1st I agree Nurse Oh and Dr Nam clicked more and they understood each other so well. This was also the case in s1. As I recall in S1 Manager Jang and Nurse Oh were rekindling their relationship... Im pretty sure that's what happened and then in this season it seems it didnt work out. Looking at the above stills I hope we get a clearer picture on what happened between them. Obviously Manager Jang still loves her though she Im not so sure. She probably feels guilty for not understanding his intention of saving his job (and many others) and calling him a coward. 

• Like 3

Just watched ep 11 and I have such mix feelings. While KSB is recovering, the changes in Doldam is taking place. Slowly the Doldam staff is being replaced and GAH!!! why writers did you have to make SWJ choose between the condition of the patient and Dr Cha. I hope this isnt what I suspect... I need subs to be clearer? 

I think their expressions just sums up my feelings of this ep

Dr Yoon : Oh crap! what did I see?

Dr Cha: Everything will be alright?...right?

Mr Goo: HULK SMASH!

e481799eda762b00431503f0eb2dac6b.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Kasmic said:

.....a tense encounter between Jang Ki Tae and Oh Myung Shim, a divorced couple, as they are leaving work for the day.....

I have read translated character intro somewhere that Manager Jang and Nurse Oh are divorced couple, but in Season 1 this information was never mentioned in any episode, if I remember correctly, though there were moments showing Jang trying to court Nurse Oh.

It seems the scriptwriter changed the character background a bit midway through Season 1? That they were no longer written as divorced couple?

• Like 2

Ergh ep 11 does look tense. But then this whole franchise has always had tense episodes.

@nrllee yeah I agree that the Master Kim persona is what an ideal rose coloured glasses view of what a mentor or senior would do for juniors. The reality is harsh isn't it? Someone who care or teaches not someone who belittles you. Although Master Kim doesn't tolerate bad work ethics.

It would be nice to have someone you can look up to. There are a couple of people at work whom I avoid asking anything because their answers are so cutting and sarcastic. And I would wait hours to get the answers or rather confirmation of answers. I mean I usually know the answers and can always look it up but it helps to have someone who has your back at work. Since back stabbing and gossiping is so common at work.

@stroppyse sorry for the random tag. But another subber is not happy with the line  on episode 2 at 21:35. What is Dr asking about the warm saline and reserve or I presume either reservoir mask or Hudson face mask? Not that they mention both. Thank you. Do you mind checking please?  Thank you. Because then 22:05 is tied to this. So can you please sense of the IV lines subs please?

• Love 3

Ep.12 preview

Preview translation (credit to dramamilk.com)

IS – Park Min-kook should already start to pick and choose people.

Woman – Please take care of this person.

HC – Why did you make them fight each other?

Sabu – Ah, mickoragee gatenom (that one person who comes in and messes up everything)

YJ – We are not taking on any emergency trauma patients

AR – Do we really have Fridays again?

WJ – Covering up the fellow doctors mistake, is that really the dignity of doctors

MK – Is that really your answer?

MJ – Why are you just watching?

MJ – You may lose a person now.

HJ – Can you all be responsible for Eun-jae’s life?

EJ – Sorry Seo Woo-jin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished last night’s episode. Is the writer trying to make EJ as dislikable as possible? They have firmly and repeatedly established that she was not a competent doctor in the first few episodes, and I thought she is finally coming into her own and gaining confidence. Now they decided to throw her integrity into question as well? On the other hand, the writers wrote SJ character in such a empathetic and contrasting way. I really hope it all turned out to be a misunderstanding or a cover up, else this OTP ship will sink before it even sailed. Without the college flashbacks, it will be hard to convince me why SJ is so in love with EJ when she has almost no redeeming qualities except sympathy for her.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The reality is harsh isn't it? Someone who care or teaches not someone who belittles you.

Yeah. Doctors (especially surgeons - sorry in advance to surgeons here) have huge egos. It doesn’t help that everyone is always lacking sleep and irritable in a high stress environment so when someone asks a question that seems “dumb”, you’re likely to respond with sarcasm or be patronising.  It does build resilience in juniors though.  Shape up or ship out.  But it does breed a very dog eat dog type environment where everyone is just fighting to stay on top and anyone who needs to be molly coddled is left out.  It’s not nurturing at all. :(

11 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Just finished last night’s episode. Is the writer trying to make EJ as dislikable as possible? They have firmly and repeatedly established that she was not a competent doctor in the first few episodes, and I thought she is finally coming into her own and gaining confidence. Now they decided to throw her integrity into question as well?

Sigh.  So she’s back in the sin bin again?  I stopped watching after Ep 4 because I couldn’t deal with her character and how she was written.  I heard she got better in Doldam so I was encouraged.  I was planning to binge watch and fast forward scenes I didn’t like. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Yeah. Doctors (especially surgeons - sorry in advance to surgeons here) have huge egos. It doesn’t help that everyone is always lacking sleep and irritable in a high stress environment so when someone asks a question that seems “dumb”, you’re likely to respond with sarcasm or be patronising.  It does build resilience in juniors though.  Shape up or ship out.  But it does breed a very dog eat dog type environment where everyone is just fighting to stay on top and anyone who needs to be molly coddled is left out.  It’s not nurturing at all. :(

Sigh.  So she’s back in the sin bin again?  I stopped watching after Ep 4 because I couldn’t deal with her character and how she was written.  I heard she got better in Doldam so I was encouraged.  I was planning to binge watch and fast forward scenes I didn’t like. 

I am crossing my fingers that she will be redeemed in the next episode or I am dropping as well. Pity as I really like LSK but this writer really makes me angry! 

• Love 3

19 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Venting about the romance in the shows I am watching so far... In Game towards Zero, the OTP moves at lightning speed but too fast until we don’t feel the buildup. On the other hand, in this one, the OTP moves at such a snail pace until I feel frustrated. The OTP in Crash Landing is technically perfect in pacing but I find myself FF-ing their scenes (I live for the secondary characters in that show!) Arghh! So frustrating!

Ok, done with venting. But in truth, out of these dramas, I look forward to Dr Kim 2 the most ;) I also like this OTP the most. I just wished they will progress faster, or show us more of the cute college flashbacks 

Let me join, I'm going to vent some as well. 

Oh... I like OTP the most better than in S1. I watched S1 long ago. I like the drama because of the content not for the romance and I consider the romance is just a bonus. What appeals me more is the story itself and the whole characters of ddoldam hospital. The kim sabu team. And it goes for this season too, I look forward for the story of how these real doctors dedicate their true passion as a doctor. And the romance among the main OTP is my most fave. I'm not that too putting much thoughts on the love line for the first season but this time I would say that I like they have this OTP a lot. I don't think romance is their strength point here either. And I have no complaints if they are just some bonus for the storyline to get more romantic. I like how these true doctors try their best to survive from those greedy political opportunist and villains who constantly blocking their way to save their patients. If there were these doctors in real life, I think it would probably much more lives saved out there. 

Regarding to some dramas you mentioned

Spoiler

Haha.. how could we have same thoughts on those?

I like HB in CLOY but I find the romance so boring. When they reveals each others feelings for sure it becomes much more boring. Sigh.... dunno why... I just don't like how the writer wrote those very cheesy romance to be so cringy. Lol

GTZ is pretty frustrating as well not because of the romance though but it is more on the silly reporters who lose his daughter. I paused watching it from that episode. I may or may not continue it at all. I'll see it then. 

I know how to save myself from this frustrating maze. Just keep watching it like that or quit it once for all. Poor me, I like the actors of the dramas so I might stick to it while ffd-ing scenes I dislike or skipping some episodes and watch the rest finales. LOL

And what makes me frustrated on this, what's with the goodae doctors?? Are they leaving all their consciences to the dustbin and being that shameful doctors to be succeaful? I thought director park will start having some his consciences back after last week ending, but it turned out that he keeps playing petty games to just make him feel that he is the right one. Tsk... tsk... 

And now what's with CEJ? Did she really did the mistake for that surgery??? Oh... poor WJ. He would be in a great dilemma this time, betwen telling the truth or saving her loved one. Hope he choose the truth instead. Covering things and swiping all problems under the rug will just make it worse at the end of the day. I need to see how all this connected to EJ and whether she really did the mistake with her knowing or not. 

And I can't wait to see the hug scenes shared on the new stills. Aaahhh.... what happens?

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks that eunjae couldn't have done the surgery?! It doesn't make sense for a CS surgeon to be doing a gallbladder surgery? Also, at that time she probably had her operation phobia so how could she have completed a surgery?! Unless of course, there's two possibilities. One, she's being framed. Two, she did do the surgery but maybe she was "forced" to? Like we know her as someone who listened to orders especially if they come from seniors and higher ups. So if a senior doctor asked her to assist or something, she'd never say no. I've seen comments stating that since we know her family are made up of doctors, maybe there's a relation to the incident as well.  

I hope there's a reasonable explanation why eunjae's name is brought up. Just as I was happy that our ship is about to sail, the writers decided to throw in this whole plot to mess our leads' romance UGH I'm getting annoyed! 

Ah and it seems like this plot will either make or break woojin and eunjae's relationship sigh. Can't they just have a happy ending?! 

Also, just when I thought Dr Park was about to change a little, NOPE he's still insisting on changing doldam. UGHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

@lebritneeey yup. I find it very odd as well. How could a CS did that surgery? I mean did she do it as the lead surgeon or she part of the the assistance. Among the two possibilities. I hope that she is not that quack who runs from her responsibility if it's then really to be her mistake. So far how they portrayed EJ, I see that her character isn't someone that irresponsible.

And... I really annoyed with Dr. Shim!!! What's with her!! She's irritating! 

Dr. Park is just trying to find a way to feel better because he keeps throwing his conscience. He knows that kim sabu is right and he is wrong. He is frustrated because there is someone like kim sabu who breaks all his wistful thinking. 

SWJ once again being tangled up with the whistle blower thing he did before reminds me of how Dr. Kim sabu history to finally ended up in ddoldam hospital. He was like WJ in the past. He quits from his reputable fancy hospital because of something similar like this. And I am glad that WJ remembers to what kim sabu told him and didn't give the record to Park. Telling the facts is the right way to put things in their rightful places. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Oh gosh malpractice the writers seriously threw that at us. I see why President Park remains on no one's side but his own . Doctors constantly at risk of malpractice and one mistake can be devastating on their livelihood and career. While I hope it's not CEJ but with her history in the operation room I wouldnt be surprised if that did happened.  I dont understand how the writer made CEJ this way and how was able to pass her doctor degree with this anxiety. She couldve accidentally cause the damage on that patient while she passed out though why didnt the assisting doctor tell her afterwards? This is so uncharacteristic of her. If she knew that she did that she wouldve sincerely apologised to the patient and resigned long ago. There must be more to this and I think its all apart of Dr Park's game. His challenging the staff to choose between their pride and livelihood. :crazy: 

Moving on, that sunbae ex-doctor is scouting most of the Doldam staff and I wonder who is telling him to do this. Dr Park? he knows the staff there are talented and wants to use them in the new hospital project. Who is leading them to go elsewhere? 

And Im excited that KSB havent forgotten his initial plan... the "oddball" project HAHAHA! love the name. Just as mysterious as himself. I recall in S1 this was his dream to open a  medical research centre a dream way different to Chairman Do's. 

Looking forward to the next ep and I hope it wont be as intense because another 1 week of waiting is always a killer lol! 

EQeDPE_WoAIdxE6?format=jpg&name=small

• Insightful 1

I am un-lurking to show my support for this daebak drama! I renewed my VIU subscription solely for Dr. Romantic and it's really the best decision ever. I am not surprised to see Dr. Romantic 2 surpassing ratings and it ranking #1 in Seoul overall. The writers and producers really put so much time in research and script-writing here and the actors continue to outdo themselves every episode. 

I really really love the support of each and every member of Doldam. Kim Sabu, fighting!!

P.S. I can never getover the transplant episode. That episode was so well written!

• Like 2

@stroppyse thank you. I didn't know the Konglish. Or rather what the Konglish stood for. Episode 2 was weeks ago. And I just redid the lines- which you saw- before I asked you. But wanted to clarify the reservoir bag to be NRB.  And the " yang " lines to be straight forward arms lines vs C line. This was before I got used to them referring to C- lines in the later episodes.  What I would now do is go back to add NRB in. I vaguely remember somewhere they used Hudson mask as an order. At least I hope so, all the lines blur after awhile.

Like episode 10- I am still undecided over the C section scene. The subs said one thing but I am unsure of the neonatal support pack because the script said the gynaecologist is on standby. Sigh. You know me enough by now that my Korean is not good enough not to mention it's medical scenes.

I still haven't watched ep 11 since it looks tense. And from spoilers it doesn't look resolved. And since I probably have to repeat scenes over and over not intending to stress myself out watching it yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

Am I the only one who thinks that eunjae couldn't have done the surgery?! It doesn't make sense for a CS surgeon to be doing a gallbladder surgery? Also, at that time she probably had her operation phobia so how could she have completed a surgery?! Unless of course, there's two possibilities. One, she's being framed. Two, she did do the surgery but maybe she was "forced" to? Like we know her as someone who listened to orders especially if they come from seniors and higher ups. So if a senior doctor asked her to assist or something, she'd never say no. I've seen comments stating that since we know her family are made up of doctors, maybe there's a relation to the incident as well.  

Agree. I don't really believe in President Park. Seems like he want set a trap for both SWJ and CEJ

BTW. Hello everyone. Im new in this thread. its been a while i login into soompi, finally i did for this drama.

I heard my friend commented (and saw a few online) saying that S2 main lead are lack of romance. Am I the odd one who think that they are very romantic? I could feel SWJ and CEJ's feeling since the first week. Idk, maybe i am weird ^^ll they way they look at each other and being worried about each other really melt my heart. Oddly, i think Mr. Park and Dr. Ah Reum relationship was abruptly develop. 

Can't wait for tonight's episode

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Just finished last night’s episode. Is the writer trying to make EJ as dislikable as possible? They have firmly and repeatedly established that she was not a competent doctor in the first few episodes, and I thought she is finally coming into her own and gaining confidence. Now they decided to throw her integrity into question as well? On the other hand, the writers wrote SJ character in such a empathetic and contrasting way. I really hope it all turned out to be a misunderstanding or a cover up, else this OTP ship will sink before it even sailed. Without the college flashbacks, it will be hard to convince me why SJ is so in love with EJ when she has almost no redeeming qualities except sympathy for her.

Thank you for saying this out aloud! 

Even if CEJ couldnt have performed the surgery, her character just comes across as a darker shade of grey (almost black) in front of SJ's white shining armour. SJ the doctor who always helps the heroine, has had lots of trauma but makes right choices and is in demand because of his talent. CEJ the spoilt priviledged girl who became a CS (how?? It cant be without practical work) because of her theoretical knowledge. What is her edge? 

Will just add: how can there be a proper war between Park's team and Sabu's team as the team members of the later's team are not prepared or even together. A war between two ideologies would have been fun if both teams try fighting... here one team seems to have all the power (yet they are never seen working!!) and the other is just being victimized (and overworked or injured or made to feel inferior). Maybe i am reading it wrong but...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoyo_icecube said:

Am I the odd one who think that they are very romantic? I could feel SWJ and CEJ's feeling since the first week

Nope, I too have been loving them since day 1! i had a inkling that woojin has feelings for eunjae and am glad it was confirmed heh! and now it looks like eunjae is falling for woojin too! ^^

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1