[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

Spoiler

How did a skinny girl pull a biggish man over a barrier like that? Does she know judo?

This is the insta for the actress playing SR, and she has so many fans! https://www.instagram.com/chae2_oh/

Either she was insta-famous and then picked for this show, or she was in a girl group and restarted her career as an actress, because this makes no sense from one daily drama.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, reydevan said:

Wow what did i just see at the ending of today's eps?! Crazy! 

Reveal hidden contents

Jenis hugs HJ and jumps into the sea/river with Carrie watching. :crazy: When did it become so dark? Like i said before, i still think someone wld die/lose their memory. Cant wait to see the preview for mon! 

Preview:

And they both don't know how to swim?

I guess Jennis is as crazy, psycho as her mother and sister!

To answer both above, yes i was also thinking if they both cant swim and also how did she pull such a tall guy into the water with her. LOL. Unless they both hit their heads and cld not swim after that.

Seriously, i dont see how they can be together after this. Or pls let Jenis lose her memory. But even then, YK is not going to allow Jenis to be with HJ after this incident. We shall see.

42 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I want a MISA (I'm Sorry I Love You), Autumn Tale, What Happened to Bali, Piano, A Love to Kill, Stairway to Heaven, Bad Love, Sad Love Song, Glass Slippers, Tree of Love, Snow Queen kind of ending for this drama.

Omg those were the good old days of awesome dramas! Bt the ending left me depressed. I cried for days. 

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If this drama is supposed to be 100 episodes, I don't see a happy ending in our future ..... just far too much damage now to fix in 7 episodes.

Jthief - Set the wheels in motion for this trainwreck when he ordered the killing of Carrys husband. He doesn't now/never has loved HJ, and is completely unwilling to take responsibility for what he has done.

Eun Ha - I thought initially after finding the real Yoo Ra, she was having a change of heart, but no. She also is completely unwilling accept responsibility for what she set in motion by letting YKs baby die, and then switching babies - Her reaction in the latest episode, when Jennis threw the truth in her face, tells you all you need to know

IC - Looks like he is finally starting to feel bad about whats happening, If it wasn't for EH I think he'd actually try to help stop all of this.

Carry - Yes, she's done some terrible things in the name of revenge, but she is the only one who seems to be trying desperately to repent. And lets not forget - SHE DIDN'T START IT.  Before she found out HJ was her son, she was already having remorse when she discovered he wasn't Jthiefs real son and that Jennis was in love with him.  And when real identities started becoming known only Carry and YK were acting to protect the feelings of others, everyone else was was just covering for past transgressions.  While Carry did set blood against blood with Jennis, I think its important to note that Carry never intended for Jennis' real identity to become known. If everything had gone as planned, Carry would've had her revenge and no one would've ever known who Jennis really was - she would've left with Carry and gone back to Canada.  Carry is the only one of the parents so desperate to try to set things right again that she was willing to give up her life to try to make the lives of her children a little easier ( foolish, yes ...but still)

YK - I feel sorry for Yoon Kyung.  Her husbands a fiend, and while she still has HJ who truly loves her, shes forced to live with knowledge that her real son died.  She lived 30 years not realizing the friend she thought EH was is really a witch, and then finally when shes found some genuine friendship with Carry the wheels fall off the train and threaten even that.

HJ - The most resilient and forgiving in the group, and it would seem the most mentally stable.  After Jennis tried to kill him though, I can't see how he'd bounce back from that in less than 7 episodes.  The dutiful husband thing goes only so far ...... but hey, this is the kdrama-verse.

Jennis - As traumatic as finding out your mother is really your kidnapper, and you've been set against your real parents is, I'm having a hard time with this "decent into madness" arc.  From everything we've seen, she wasn't abused or tormented by Carry. By all accounts she was loved, educated, and cared for. Jennis throughout has always wanted to do her best for Carry when she thought she was her mother, so being VERY upset, and leaving, I get that. But going to Eun Ha? Sorry, Jennis is smart enough to realize the type of person shes dealing with. And sorry again, as bad as losing your child for 30 years might be, Carry suffered it too.  Leave Carry because you were lied to... fine. Go to Eun Ha....No.  

Se Ra - Every time I think little sister is going to take the psycho train over the cliff, she always turns back at the last moment. Earlier in the drama I thought Danny was going to save her from herself, but with only 7 episodes left I don't see that happening.  There was a brief glimmer of hope today though. SR looked taken aback when Jennis apologized to her - we'll see. In the end though, all this wasn't her fault.

Danny & Ms Oh -  That Coffee shop in Argentina is looking better and better .... get out now!

Like others here have mentioned, I have a bad feeling someone(s) going to die. If thats the case, I truly hope the drama ends as a tragedy.  I think I'd like it more as a lesson on the morals of revenge than a hastily/ridiculous put together happy ending at this point.

3 families destroyed - multiple loves poisoned - siblings at war - death .... the cost of revenge.

LCO

for YK, don't forget that essentially her baby died because of EH.  She left the hospital when she was on duty and came back drunk.    Nothing was said that the baby would not have survived even if she was sober and on duty.    EH's husband used this to blackmail her into marrying him.  I guess psycho Sera can't really be blamed cos she inherited all the evil crazy genes.  

finally caught up with this week's episodes and for me, sera was the true MVP. for once I enjoyed her crazy psychotic behaviour including dressing up as the bride and creating drama. wanted to clap my hands as sera called out the hypocrisy of her parents in such a clear manner:

~ they dunked jenis in water because they were upset for hae joon breaking up with sera. now they want to go to the wedding of jenis and hae joon like nothing happened? so glad that the writer didn't forget that dunking incident. would have been silly otherwise right?

~ they were embarrassed by fake yoo ra but are delighted with jenis because she is cultured and smart. yup, super snobs. sera clearly lays it out that eun ha cannot take credit for jenis' success because it is carie who raised her. sera knows and accepts she is nuts compared to jenis but totally lays it down to the upbringing of eun ha and inchul.

~ she clearly sees eun ha as the culprit who kick started this mess and asks her to apologize for switching the babies.

with anyone else, eun ha is arrogant and treats them with contempt when they question her. but when it is her own daughter, she has no weapons. even if she tries to paint herself as the suffering victim, sera won't have it at all. honestly, it was fun to see psycho sera be so argumentative this week.

eun ha and inchul are almost giddy in thinking that they can have their cake and eat it too. however, sera remains a thorn with her constant rejection of jenis. as sera points out, nothing has changed for her. their acceptance of jenis means a rejection of her. really enjoyed that sera's character has remained consistent. she still whines about losing hae joon and is not going to all of a sudden play family house with jenis.

jenis literally slips into depression, withdraws herself and retreats behind a polite mask. perhaps because they are used to sera's dramatics, they can't read jenis reactions for what they truly are. eun ha actually thinks that jenis chose them. eye roll. sera is the only one who clearly sees that jenis is seeking revenge on carrie by moving in with them.

jenis is pretty much exhausted initially and was waiting to see how she would finally respond to eun ha and inchul. eun ha's sneer and contempt of carrie is what sets off jenis -- had to laugh when sera points out that compared to herself, jenis is low key but that seems to be more effective with the parents. LOL. in chul at least has tears in his eyes where he knows he is wrong. eun ha remains defensive and blames carrie for all the mess. in order for jenis to be free, eun ha and inchul have to apologize even if it is 30 years late.

the actress playing carrie did a great job in the crying scenes. there were so many this week! at some point, her face was so red. guess she really did cry away? liked how they laid out that the duality of carrie's actions. like hae joon said, in one way, you pity her but in another way, you are horrified by her actions. so jenis also feels that kind of conflicting emotions where she wants to hurt carrie but then wants her to stay alive. it almost felt inevitable that jenis would try to kill herself given how traumatized she was by the reveal. however, her pulling hae joon along for the ride was a bit too much.

8 hours ago, chococarmela said:

How do you think this drama will end?

I think a somewhat a happy ending perhaps. one thing that keeps popping up is how the kids have really suffered the brunt of the consequences and it is time for them to find their peace and happiness. so from that angle, most likely jenis and hae joon will get together and be happy. carrie might move just be in the fringes of their life. as per the shaman's prediction, inchul and eun ha will probably lose both of their daughters and there will be an emotional distance where they lead separate lives. sera is still obsessed with hae joon and so it doesn't look like she will get together with danny. maybe she will just move abroad, so will danny and after a few years, run into each other? assistant oh will take over pandora and become a successful businesswoman.

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

That's a good one. I don’t think Janice and HJ will end up together. I feel like IC or even EH (maybe both?) will die.

I would love for EH to be sent in a mental institution for karma of putting MH falsely in one. And IC to be in jail. Both imprisoned, no easy quick punishment like death for the ongoing evil they committed. Would love if JM went to jail too, but then there’s issue of DR. I honestly hate when evil characters have kids, because then them being parents lets them get away with more or excuse 5eir actions for the sake of innocent child. Like YK forgiving JMs antics, sneaking into home or stealing wedding presents for DRs sake. I hope she finally cuts the leech off and doesn’t even give him a single penny, cause knowing hm the mooch will just try to come back to hr again once he runs out eventually, so just cut him off now and let him be and just send off DR to his mo, so that you’re completely free from him. I don’t see any real happy ending for Janice except death or amnesia with a time jump but even thst it’s like, I can’t see Jennis and HJ ending up together with how toxic their relationship was, even now with her throwing him off the edge with her. Carrie, well if Jennis dies then she will have to live, with the grief and painful loss of her husband and captor turned daughter after also uncessarily grieving a dead baby that was actually never hers for so many years. Basically where she started befor erevenge even worse after, showing that revenge really got her nowhere and was counterproductive. 

The trend of 100 plus episode shows is happy ending of some sort. If Janice and HJ don't end up together, she might end up with the other guy. 

The kumbaya ending, forgive the bad uns will most likely happen. That really pee off many Soompi forummers always. I think Sera will be forgiven, even her parents.

9 hours ago, philosophie said:

Both imprisoned, no easy quick punishment like death for the ongoing evil they committed.

I don’t think death is a quick and easy punishment, honestly. I think it depends on the plot and how’s it given. And how evil the characters are. Like Aeri from Temptation of Wife, 

Spoiler

She drowned like how EJ/SH almost drowned and lost her baby, at the end. GB too

Sometimes they send characters abroad, I think Sera will go abroad for mental help. 

Geez, this drama makes it look so easy for pple to kill patients in a hospital. Face palm to the max for today's eps. 

Also, Jenis and HJ did not even fall that deep into the water. How did they not even come up and try to swim? There was nothing for them to hit their head on also. 

4 hours ago, reydevan said:

Geez, this drama makes it look so easy for pple to kill patients in a hospital. Face palm to the max for today's eps. 

Also, Jenis and HJ did not even fall that deep into the water. How did they not even come up and try to swim? There was nothing for them to hit their head on also. 

It really did not make any sense! Very poor writing!

I can guess now, Carrie is going to kill herself and her body parts go to Janice. This happened in the other show where the actress was also a babynapper. But can't remember if she committed suicide or was in an accident.
HJ will only have one mum and Janice goes back to her evil mother who will be forgiven.

The obnoxious SR will repent and be forgiven.  I can't think what will happen to Carrie's son.

edit: That railing was waist high, one really has to heave-ho HJ.

Archived