[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

1 hour ago, Gigi Salapong said:

I will watch out for your comment when you do .

Oh dear! I'm so sorry for having mis-spelt your name! Just belatedly noticed it. Very sorry!  How come SEH could just walk into Carrie's house when no one opened the door for her? Also, YK was so careless with her official seal. She should have kept it under lock and key. Must have forgotten about the thief in her house.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, monalisa said:

I believe the one to stop the wedding would be Janice. But only after she finds out her true identity. Sera, I think, would finally accept that she and HJ are not meant to be. She does have a conscience as she did feel ashamed having tried to kill off HJ. She will leave for abroad once Janice's true identity is revealed and I think Danny will leave with her.

Not so much conscience. More the sinking feeling that HJ is lost to her. She kept saying to herself that he will know she tried to kill him and will not want anything to do with her.  If she truly felt remorse, there would not be a second attempt to kill him.

I wonder why the writer feels she should end up with Danny.  He has not done a single thing to be saddled with a psycho like her for life. With her personality, he can’t ever make her upset & not watch his back! 

9 hours ago, fanofr said:

Not so much conscience. More the sinking feeling that HJ is lost to her. She kept saying to herself that he will know she tried to kill him and will not want anything to do with her.  If she truly felt remorse, there would not be a second attempt to kill him.

I wonder why the writer feels she should end up with Danny.  He has not done a single thing to be saddled with a psycho like her for life. With her personality, he can’t ever make her upset & not watch his back! 

I meant after her second attempt.

2 hours ago, monalisa said:

I meant after her second attempt.

Yes, I got what you meant.  But I don't see it.  He wasn’t in her thoughts except to wonder how it would affect their relationship.  And like the psycho loser that she is, she blamed her mother for it... “because of you, I almost killed him”.  There was no remorse for causing HJ additional suffering or that he could have died.

Everything was still about the psycho.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, monalisa said:

Oh dear! I'm so sorry for having mis-spelt your name! Just belatedly noticed it. Very sorry!  How come SEH could just walk into Carrie's house when no one opened the door for her? Also, YK was so careless with her official seal. She should have kept it under lock and key. Must have forgotten about the thief in her house.

Do not worry about it. The writer for this drama has this defect. To justify a plot and the main objective for that day things like that are overlooked

HSera is a psychopath. They only think about themselves. They are pathological liars. They do not have any remorse. It is money that motivates them. Even until now EH and her family has been given a new set of teeth to bite CJ. She will try to manipulate Yura. She has all to gain.

That is JGroup and CJ’s holdings......It makes me sick to see them in business again.

I00 episodes....I hope this drama wraps up well.

Guys, correct me if im wrong. In the preview for Thurs's eps, i thought it showed Carrie slapping EH? Did that happen in Thur's eps? I only saw EH slapping Carrie. Am on holiday so only watched bits and pieces. Did i miss C slapping EH? 

@reydevan ~ finally caught up; at one point in the confrontation, carrie did slap eun ha back.

basically the two ladies went at it. the difference between carrie and eun ha is that carrie is very aware of her sins and feels the weight of her actions and guilty over how things have gone wrong for the kids. eun ha on the other hand refuses to accept her role in creating this mess and blames carrie for using jenis as a revenge tool. she seems to think that her actions are acceptable because hae joon got to be heir of J group and therefore a good life. she also seems to be fantastically deluded in thinking that jenis will just react happily to the news and will move back home.

inchul at least has common sense to think about how jenis will feel especially given the past history and how sera will feel. eun ha actually thinks it will be all fine. ummm, what? you dunked her in the water and now think it will be okay. hmmm... inchul at least accepts his part in the mess. while he is startled by carrie's request for them to stay in the sidelines and not reveal themselves to jenis, he has no answer to why he didn't reveal about hae joon. he is still loyal to eun ha though. while carrie thinks eun ha is the sole reason for the mess, he blames himself and then says it is all of their actions, including carrie, that have created this mess. but he seems to be a better parent where he is able to place jenis and sera's needs above his.

eun ha realizes how bad this will all turn out when she sees sera's hatred of jenis. so while she hates it, she agrees to stay on the sidelines as long as carrie leaves forever. not sure if the wedding will happen this week. maybe it will get cancelled after jenis finds out? but jenis said that even if hae joon was J thief's biological son, she would have still married him because she loves him. so maybe she still will? danny had the good sense to not fall for sera's idea to just spend the night together. perhaps, they will move abroad together later?

Wow. 

Spoiler

Didnt expect the truth to be known by Jenis today. Was the wedding in the preview real or a dream? Or did she decide to take revenge after knowing the truth and get married on purpose? Maybe she said no to him at the altar and left him? 

6 hours ago, reydevan said:

Wow. 

Hide contents

Didnt expect the truth to be known by Jenis today. Was the wedding in the preview real or a dream? Or did she decide to take revenge after knowing the truth and get married on purpose? Maybe she said no to him at the altar and left him? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I have no idea!  I am hoping she takes revenge by refusing him at the altar. Just for Sh!ts and Giggles.

The clothes were fabulous again today.  The jewelry too.  Whoever the stylists are, they deserve awards.  

Today, it seemed fairly clear that Madam Cho is not keeping DoRi for the long-term.  But if she likes him, she should use raising him as a negotiating point, namely, "I'll adopt him if you buzz off out of our lives forever."  But she may not be thinking that far ahead, and she may not like him that much.  However, they should be a bit clearer to the child.  

Preview

Spoiler

Jennis went crazy as expected. Carrie is crying a bucket and on her knees. Going to be so hard to watch tmr. Seems like J went to stay in her real family's hse. Sera goes crazy and asks her mom to choose between the 2. 

I think the only way Jenis is going to forgive Carrie is when something very serious happens. Carrie gets into an accident? Maybe Jenis might lose her memory in the end and start afresh? 

Wow! Now that was a trainwreck of an episode....

With so many characters at odds now, I don't see how they can wrap this all up in 10 more episodes.

There were some firsts here though....

First episode that Eun Ha wasn't wicked and annoying, and a scene with Carry where she actually seemed trying to help.

First episode where Sera was brilliant as both a giggling psychotic AND a voice of reason when she laid the blame for the whole mess (rightfully) at her mothers feet.

.... and finally Ms Oh let her hair down! :blush:

About the only ones left NOT terribly tainted are Danny and Ms Oh - they should hook up, sell Pandora, and move to Argentina and open that coffee shop they were talking about, everybody else is just too emotionally scarred. 

Preview puts Jennis on the warpath ... last few episodes should be good.

P.S. loved the mothers Dress/Hanboks at the wedding - both just lovely.

Face palm of the day!!!

Spoiler

Jenis said sorry to EH. Arghhhhhh.....if i were Jenis, i wld be mad at both mothers and walk away from both to stay somewhere alone to clear my head and think things through. Cant believe she went to stay with her real family. Did she forget what they did to her and the others??!! 

On 3/6/2020 at 6:38 AM, monalisa said:

Trust me I wondered the same thing when SEH and others would barge into Jennis office after being a chairman. Now I don’t know if it’s because it’s a daily, but usually in kdrama there are security guards and assistants (besides Danny) usually packed in front so was very confused and honestly annoyed by how people could let themselves right in when I’m used to the secretaries trying to stop them because they ‘have no appointment.’

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

She’s pushing everyone away and acting depressed, what is her plan? To be pitied? She even moved into the Seo-snake house...

Seriously whatever revenge she has concocted, did she really have to move into to snakes house? Especially with psycho sister there? Good luck ugh

On 3/7/2020 at 1:10 AM, monalisa said:

Is this drama 100 or 120?

Asian wiki says 103 and dramalist says 100.

13 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Janice is being an idiot!

Not surprising.

I like how she tells Carry some home truths, but 

Spoiler

when it comes out about the dressing room, I thought, and you didn't get therapy for this, or clear it up before?

Sera is also telling everyone some home truths, but like Cassandra, no one is listening to her.

And I notice that showerheads are being advertised at the end, even though Danny refuses to honour us with a shower scene. #smh

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

Archived