[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

HJ-na, pls tell your stupid wife that you too didn't get to live with your real mom cos your stupid real mom EH swapped the babies!

And in the last scene, how did HJ even enter EH and IC's house w/o any one knowing? You mean they leave the door and gate unlocked every time? LOL!!

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I get Jennis being upset about the whole kidnap thing, but calling out Carry for "fake love" makes noooooooo sense.  Last time I checked it was Carry/Danny that pulled her half dead out of the bathtub when she tried to off herself, and how many times was Carry playing the overly concerned mother when she tried to send her back to Canada numerous times?

....... oh yeah, wheres Do Ri?  :confused:

LCO

Just watched some BTS vids of this drama and the 2 main leads get along so well with each other. So much laughter and teasing. Rare to see a married actress be so touchy and comfy with her co-star. And also, while watching earlier scenes in the bts, i realised HJ looked better then. Now im not sure if it's his hair or maybe he is tired from filming, but he does not look as nice. I also felt he looked chubbier in his scenes after he woke up from his coma and now he seems to have lost some fat on his face again. LOL.

The was 1 video of Danny and Sera too.

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

That’s true, but if she gets punished, then so should everyone else. I don’t understand why she’s being painted as the worst person ever when she’s kinda not... 

Everyone has gotten punished: SEH for losing her child all those years and th mental and emotional pain, plus more emotional and mental pain later when she had fake leads on Yoo Ra, and J Thief now when he is homeless and without his precious son or company. If anything, Carry is about to get away with kidnapping. She really should go back to Toronto and be more “gracious,” considering what a horrid thing she did, and considering, after all her time in church, she knows two wrongs do not make a right. 

and today, it’s true when EH says it’s awful Carry set blood relatives as enemies. Carry was even enjoying it in the beginning. And she never really stopped any of it, even though she could see Jennis could get hurt. In fact, she even, and this is the proof that Carry was no proper mom to Jennis, blood or adopted, pimped out Jennis to sleep with HJ for the revenge. No true mom does that! 

But in the end, everyone will get forgiven and play happy families. We are getting there as the angst comes out.

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

SEH for losing her child all those years and th mental and emotional pain, plus more emotional and mental pain later when she had fake leads on Yoo Ra, and J Thief now when he is homeless and without his precious son or company. If anything, Carry is about to get away with kidnapping.

SEH and her family got the house and their clinic back. What J Thief (instead of being comic relief) and the Seo-snakes, as well as Carrie need to do is to go to jail.

Carry was no proper mom to Jennis, blood or adopted, pimped out Jennis to sleep with HJ for the revenge. No true mom does that! 

She was not a good mom, I'll say that. That can't be disagreed with.

Everyone has gotten punished: SEH for losing her child all those years and th mental and emotional pain, plus more emotional and mental pain later when she had fake leads on Yoo Ra, and J Thief now when he is homeless and without his precious son or company. If anything, Carry is about to get away with kidnapping. She really should go back to Toronto and be more “gracious,” considering what a horrid thing she did, and considering, after all her time in church, she knows two wrongs do not make a right. 

and today, it’s true when EH says it’s awful Carry set blood relatives as enemies. Carry was even enjoying it in the beginning. And she never really stopped any of it, even though she could see Jennis could get hurt. In fact, she even, and this is the proof that Carry was no proper mom to Jennis, blood or adopted, pimped out Jennis to sleep with HJ for the revenge. No true mom does that! 

But in the end, everyone will get forgiven and play happy families. We are getting there as the angst comes out.

Somehow I don't really feel sorry for SEH.  While Carrie was also wrong, SEH and JThief set things in motion.  And I can't imagine that if SEH didn't lose Yura, she would be even more wicked and despicable.  

To me, I feel that Carrie knows what she did was wrong.  But SEH still justifies her actions and blames others for all her misfortune.   She too knew the relationship between Carrie and HJ.  She just set back and watched with glee as Carrie took her revenge through HJ.  She also encouraged Sera to get HJ drunk and sleep with him thereby forcing HJ to marry Sera.  Just as much a pimp as Carrie only Sera never turned HJ on in that way so he could resist her.

40 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

SEH and her family got the house and their clinic back. What J Thief (instead of being comic relief) and the Seo-snakes, as well as Carrie need to do is to go to jail.

She was not a good mom, I'll say that. That can't be disagreed with.

Yes, there were a few scenes where Janice thought back to her past and had some doubts about Carrie.  Just to set the scene of why she now doubts Carrie's love for her and went to evil SEH.

I believe Carrie has come to think of YJ as her own daughter.  It is evident in the discussion or yelling match that she had with SEH.  Carrie was thinking of YJ's feelings and her happiness. SEH said she doesn't care - she wants to see Carrie suffer through the suffering of HJ.  Even SEH's husband is a bit better than her as he wanted to consider both his daughters feelings.  But SEH was only focused on Yura.  In all the 30 years, how much of a mother has she been to the psycho Sera?

On 3/11/2020 at 7:26 PM, reydevan said:

HJ-na, pls tell your stupid wife that you too didn't get to live with your real mom cos your stupid real mom EH swapped the babies!

And in the last scene, how did HJ even enter EH and IC's house w/o any one knowing? You mean they leave the door and gate unlocked every time? LOL!!

Didn’t you know? In this kdrama verse anyone can walk into peoples homes and offices no matter how rich they are! Even if they’re rivals!

Wow what did i just see at the ending of today's eps?! Crazy! 

Spoiler

Jenis hugs HJ and jumps into the sea/river with Carrie watching. :crazy: When did it become so dark? Like i said before, i still think someone wld die/lose their memory. Cant wait to see the preview for mon! 

Preview:

I have just watched ep 93 raw, so they are married but living separately. 
One minute they were hugging and the next, all heck broke loose.

They will live I am sure after all the histrionics from the old ladies. But I wonder how she got them over the rail together. That is quite high.

I am five ft. nothing, still I think they should have picked another spot. Just imho the actress Janice does not emote too well. Hardly any tears when she grappled with Carrie at the river bank. Or maybe too much crying already, dried up.

If this drama is supposed to be 100 episodes, I don't see a happy ending in our future ..... just far too much damage now to fix in 7 episodes.

Jthief - Set the wheels in motion for this trainwreck when he ordered the killing of Carrys husband. He doesn't now/never has loved HJ, and is completely unwilling to take responsibility for what he has done.

Eun Ha - I thought initially after finding the real Yoo Ra, she was having a change of heart, but no. She also is completely unwilling accept responsibility for what she set in motion by letting YKs baby die, and then switching babies - Her reaction in the latest episode, when Jennis threw the truth in her face, tells you all you need to know

IC - Looks like he is finally starting to feel bad about whats happening, If it wasn't for EH I think he'd actually try to help stop all of this.

Carry - Yes, she's done some terrible things in the name of revenge, but she is the only one who seems to be trying desperately to repent. And lets not forget - SHE DIDN'T START IT.  Before she found out HJ was her son, she was already having remorse when she discovered he wasn't Jthiefs real son and that Jennis was in love with him.  And when real identities started becoming known only Carry and YK were acting to protect the feelings of others, everyone else was was just covering for past transgressions.  While Carry did set blood against blood with Jennis, I think its important to note that Carry never intended for Jennis' real identity to become known. If everything had gone as planned, Carry would've had her revenge and no one would've ever known who Jennis really was - she would've left with Carry and gone back to Canada.  Carry is the only one of the parents so desperate to try to set things right again that she was willing to give up her life to try to make the lives of her children a little easier ( foolish, yes ...but still)

YK - I feel sorry for Yoon Kyung.  Her husbands a fiend, and while she still has HJ who truly loves her, shes forced to live with knowledge that her real son died.  She lived 30 years not realizing the friend she thought EH was is really a witch, and then finally when shes found some genuine friendship with Carry the wheels fall off the train and threaten even that.

HJ - The most resilient and forgiving in the group, and it would seem the most mentally stable.  After Jennis tried to kill him though, I can't see how he'd bounce back from that in less than 7 episodes.  The dutiful husband thing goes only so far ...... but hey, this is the kdrama-verse.

Jennis - As traumatic as finding out your mother is really your kidnapper, and you've been set against your real parents is, I'm having a hard time with this "decent into madness" arc.  From everything we've seen, she wasn't abused or tormented by Carry. By all accounts she was loved, educated, and cared for. Jennis throughout has always wanted to do her best for Carry when she thought she was her mother, so being VERY upset, and leaving, I get that. But going to Eun Ha? Sorry, Jennis is smart enough to realize the type of person shes dealing with. And sorry again, as bad as losing your child for 30 years might be, Carry suffered it too.  Leave Carry because you were lied to... fine. Go to Eun Ha....No.  

Se Ra - Every time I think little sister is going to take the psycho train over the cliff, she always turns back at the last moment. Earlier in the drama I thought Danny was going to save her from herself, but with only 7 episodes left I don't see that happening.  There was a brief glimmer of hope today though. SR looked taken aback when Jennis apologized to her - we'll see. In the end though, all this wasn't her fault.

Danny & Ms Oh -  That Coffee shop in Argentina is looking better and better .... get out now!

Like others here have mentioned, I have a bad feeling someone(s) going to die. If thats the case, I truly hope the drama ends as a tragedy.  I think I'd like it more as a lesson on the morals of revenge than a hastily/ridiculous put together happy ending at this point.

3 families destroyed - multiple loves poisoned - siblings at war - death .... the cost of revenge.

LCO

Archived