[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

You know this drama has reached its tipping point when sweet warm YK is now ready to throttle someone ..... well she held out for 94 episodes at least :rolleyes:

With 6 episodes remaining and almost everyone back at each others throats I don't see a happy ending, not without ALOT of people checking out and a time jump for everyone to calm down away from each other.

I really hope the organ donor is indeed Sera - yes she's operating a few degrees left of center but even as ridiculously psychotic as shes acting, I've always had a hard time blaming her. I'd like at the very least for her and Jennis/Yoora to make peace. 

Having Carry die to donate to Jennis would only make this trainwreck a bit more glorious. However, if you're searching for a happy ending, I don't see it happening. Jennis would slip into a bigger depression when she realizes "WOW! she really did love me as her daughter"  HJ who is now looking for an apology is looking a bit taxed. YK won't care, shes in full on hate-Jennis-battlestride, so Carry dieing to save Jennis will more than likely just richard simmons her off more. As for Eun Ha.... well shes still Eun Ha.

Give us 4 more episodes of murderous hospital intrigue, and end it with both Sera & Jennis under the knife for the transplant as Carry leaves for parts unknown. The last 2 episodes can be several years later as all the characters (except Carry) run into each other and we see that some have made peace, some have moved on, and some may still be alittle upset - end it with Jennis(and HJ if they can patch it up) walking into some far flung local and when they are asked who they are looking for, Jennis answers "I'm looking for my mother" ... nearby Carry turns hearing her voice ... roll credits.

..... I can live with that :rolleyes:

LCO

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janice has hepatitis B. One only catches that sexually or infected by blood exchange, now who could have given it to her? B)

Carrie is leaving for Toronto, for a minute I thought we would get the calling-for-each-other airport scene. But no, not yet anyway, Janice went to see Carrie at home.

The preview shows the tricky husband get hold of J corps shares' certificates. So? I don't know about Korean corporations but in most countries, the shares are registered with the company and the Government body. The actual certificates are not cash. Even if the husband or anyone gets hold of it, the name (s) on the certificate is not his. It would be interesting to see how the writer uses the scene.

Oh goodness so much melo at the hospital. The bio parents, HJ and Carrie were tripping over themselves to give their liver to Janice. You wouldn't believe it... EH pretended to be the donor - she was not compatible but Carrie was. Janice was not having any from Carrie. It looked  like the surgery went well for Janice, I thought they were killing off Carrie like the other show but no, she was alive in the preview. 
I was thinking what kind of hospital would be complicit in such a trick. Ok it's Kdrama.

I knew someone who had Hepatitis B, he was on drugs for years and the effects were slow. It's not a silent killer like cancer. But  they found out Janice had Hepatitis b and must have a transplant immediately? Ok it's a new kind of H. b. Much like the new corona virus covid19.:D

Talk about covid19. Take good care everyone, wash your hands often. Wear a mask in crowds, or stay home.

must say I love sera's matter of fact taunting that carrie is a match while eun ha isn't. ^_^ she seems to get a lot of satisfaction and mirth from that. who wants to bet that she outs this secret as well? kekek... not sure when this happened but sera is turning out to be a really fun character to watch. eunha taking back her apology when she realizes that she no longer needed hae joon's liver - face palm. will this woman truly apologize at all? or like yoo kyung said, the whole family continues to be shameless and arrogant and take advantage of whoever for their gain....

The show has entered the twilight zone!  The one who sees clearly is the psycho Sera!  that's really too funny.  I get that Yujin is hurt by what Carrie died.  But her actions don't show that she has ever loved HJ.  She thinks of him only as Carrie's son? Used Sera in that despicable way at the wedding.  I guess you can't run from your genes. 

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

must say I love sera's matter of fact taunting that carrie is a match while eun ha isn't. ^_^ she seems to get a lot of satisfaction and mirth from that. who wants to bet that she outs this secret as well? kekek... not sure when this happened but sera is turning out to be a really fun character to watch. eunha taking back her apology when she realizes that she no longer needed hae joon's liver - face palm. will this woman truly apologize at all? or like yoo kyung said, the whole family continues to be shameless and arrogant and take advantage of whoever for their gain....

I enjoy Sera right now too. She is saying the truth to them all,including Jennis, who is being arrogant in a way.

EH and YK are basically childish because they’ve known each other since childhood.

^ agreed. at least Carry is better than the evil mom from Shady Mom in Law but even the FL there was more forgiving for someone with an even worse personality who kidnapped her too.

Yoon Kyung is getting kinda annoying, acting like she owns Hae Joon. I wanted to see more of him together with Carry...

I liked Se Ra for these past few episodes :lol: (that end of ep 97!) is it true the drama got extended to 103 episodes?? well the drama still needs more time to resolve issues, and I'm curious to see what Jae Myung is going to do next. 

Extended? I cringed each time Janice opens her eyes and mouth. Can't they hurry up? It has been the same for the last 3 episodes. 
My prediction is Carrie will die in front of Janice. She decides to divorce HJ because Ms. Cho can't stand her and her family. Time leap she comes back to Seoul. They get back together. Time leap is still missing.

edit: just watched 97 raw, I skipped a lot since I didn't understand the dialogue. After becoming hysterical, Janice and HJ are on their knees begging. His mother had neck problem. Carrie got bad news from doc. It has to be cancer. She left the house, in great pain, then cliffhanger... does carrie die?

Finally caught up with the show. It seems to get slightly interesting at this point. Also don’t get mad at me but my new favourite character has got to be Sera. Sure she still is a bit crazy but as long as she is spilling secrets out of spite or whatever motivation she is certainly helping speed up the plot so she gets no argument from me. Eun Ha on the other hand is still the character that I despise the most. Will get on to that a bit later. As for poor Baby Face what can I say I still think that he is the dumbest person on the entire block. No it has nothing to do with the fact that he is still head over heels with Janice. Though at this point perhaps all the injuries that he has suffered may be the reason why he is behaving like that. They must have really killed some of his important brain cells. Will also get to that in a bit.

Now before I get into the points mentioned above I feel like I should clarify some points that some of you viewers seem to be unclear about. Please note my memory isn’t as good as it used to be (perhaps watching these dramas may be responsible for that) so in that case I may be mistaken thus I won’t mind being corrected.

Spoiler

People have wondered whether Yoo Kyung was aware of the fact that her husband knew that he wasn’t Baby Face’s father or that perhaps she was duping him all along ie (letting him think that he was Baby Faces father when it was instead by her ex-lover). Thus she was worried when Eun Ha threatened to expose this birth secret. Well as far as I can recall and gather from said episodes. She was pretty much aware of the fact that J Thief was fully aware that Baby Face wasn’t his biological son. If people can recall (not sure which episodes) she told him numerous times to be careful with what he said and especially not to hurt Baby Face. Infact once when he accidentally slipped (he didn’t get caught since as we have already pointed out Baby Face isn’t the smartest person in town) and she caught him she was furious at him and managed to get him out and then gave him a piece of her mind for saying something like that to Baby Face. Fortunately for him he managed to weasel out of it by telling her that he meant something else. Regardless he got another warning to be careful. These scenes therefore clearly indicate that he was aware of the truth and that she knew that he was aware of it as well.

In regards to Eun Ha and her blackmailing ways. From what I remember her threats were never to reveal this fact to J Thief but instead either to Baby Face who was unaware of these facts or to the world ie through media etc.. This would have clearly affected the company stock but more importantly the revelation would have emotionally hurt Baby Face which Yoo Kyung was more worried about. Again let me remind people my memory is just as faulty as the next person so I may be remembering wrong and it has been sometime since I watched said episodes.

Another point someone brought up was the fact that they were curious as to why Eun Ha and family didn’t have a vacation home or that they used their connections to purchase prime properties which they could have used when they were in financial troubles courtesy or Miyun and company.

I would think that Inchul was atleast 40% honest when it came to his job so he probably wouldn’t go out of his way to do anything wrong or abuse his power. The only times that I can see him abusing his power was when it came to personal/family matters such as trying to help J Thief get to use the farm as a fashion park and try and get his wife a loan. Even then he wasn’t totally willing to do that. If anyone was corrupt in that family, it would have to be Eun Ha since she apparently had a slush fund but she only used that for her husband’s political career. He probably was unaware of this fact. I don’t find that hard to believe since he has no idea of some of the stunts that she has been pulling until she gets caught or is forced to confess them. At those points he is almost always shocked. The other reason why they probably didn’t purchase any other property is because they used their money in different areas. In this case I would assume that a lot of their money would go in the search for their missing daughter. Paying people for any tip or any of their contacts so that they would continue with the search (in whatever capacity information or other help). Plus, we know that many false leads came up where they had to run DNA tests on said party. Now in dramas they just show a person pop up at a DNA hospital and they ask said place to run a test for them. it seems like it is for free. But if we apply real world logic (yes I know that seldom works in these shows) then it would be safe to assume that a lot of money has gone in this department as well. On top of all this Eun Ha seemed to have an expensive hobby of purchasing paintings. She had her reason for that but whatever. So these things probably shorted out their funds for purchasing land. They probably would have done that if Yura hadn’t gone missing.

Though I doubt that would have mattered to Mi Yun she would have probably found a way to force them to use their land as collateral to get her revenge. Also thanks to Eun Ha’s hobby even their current life was not as cushy as one would imagine. From what Inchul mentioned her clinic was already maxed out in regards to taking out a loan and he had to use his connections to let her get another one just so that she could purchase said painting from Mi Yun. Therefore it is my belief that even if they had any other property Eun Ha probably would have used them as collateral at some point to purchase her paintings or use them in the search for their missing daughter etc..

Now for a few other matters.

Remember when I mentioned earlier that I had an issue with Baby Face’s intelligence. Well let’s get to that point. While he was busy hanging out with Janice two things happened at home. First J Thief stole the shares that Mi Yun gave him as well as those under Janice’s name and Secondly His mother got rid of all the wedding furniture in his room. Now why am I bringing up the second point is simply because as we saw said documents were in a drawer in his room. When he came home and noticed the missing furniture he wasn’t worried about said documents. Just where the furniture went. He was just mad at his mother for getting rid of it. So in other words if J Thief pulls a fast one and transfers those shares under his name per drama logic I am not even going to feel sorry for him at this point. He either clearly deserves it unless he has a plan to trap J Thief and perhaps embarrass him. In that case he gets forgiveness from me for doubting him.

Finally, as to why I still despise Eun Ha is simply because it seems that the other characters seem to learn from their mistakes and try to improve themselves (or perhaps they aren’t). Eun Ha still isn’t. A perfect example could be seen in the last episode. Janice needs a liver transplant to survive. Baby Face is a match but his mother doesn’t give her blessing so she gets on her knees to beg to no avail. She then receives a call informing her that Mi Yun is a match. Her response (Darn it couldn’t you have called me a minute earlier to save me from embarrassment) then she lets Yoo Kyung know that she takes back her apology and whatnot. Showing that she still isn’t sincere in her dealings and will do whatever to get what she wants. Also in regards to who the liver actually belongs to. Now one can easily understand that she was desperate to save her daughter and that she was fully aware that Janice wouldn’t have accepted the liver if she knew that it was actually from Mi Yun since she was doing the same for Baby Face. But if anyone thinks that she would reveal the truth later on when Janice fully recovered then they would be wrong. We have also seen how she still lies to Janice that Mi Yun has left for Canada. Now one can assume that she is simply doing all this in respect for Mi Yun’s wishes as Mi Yun herself doesn’t want Janice to know the truth. But I doubt that Eun Ha is that selfless. The change in attitude towards Yoo Kyung is a perfect example.

So then one has to ask why is Eun Ha doing all of this. What is her motivation to go along with this façade? The answer is quite simple. She sees everything as a competition and even people as property belonging to her. In this case she wants to own Janice as soon as possible and make her call her mother. So to do this she will use any means necessary. But first she needs to get rid of Mi Yun who Janice still considers a mother to an extent. Thus this was the real reason why she told her that Mi Yun simply dropped her off at the hospital and then returned to the airport to catch her flight to Canada. The reasoning behind this was that she was trying to tell Janice that Mi Yun didn’t care about her even when she knew that Janice was unwell. Indicating that Mi Yun didn’t love or care about Janice as she claimed and she was indeed using her as a tool for her revenge. It is also one of the other reasons why she lied to her that she was donating her own liver instead of it actually being Mi Yun. Yes, it probably is true that Janice wouldn’t have accepted Mi Yun’s liver in the first place as can be seen in the preview of today’s episode but at the same time it was also to gain points in Janice’s eyes by her being the donor regardless of it being true or not.

While we are on the topic of the liver transplant. Someone asked which hospital in real life would go along with the show these two mothers put just so that Janice could get a transplant apart from one in a drama. Well that is a good point. If this was probably America, then they might not do that since they would probably be afraid of getting sued by the patient (aka Janice) for attempting to deceive her and all. But it might be possible if certain things are met. For instance, the doctors could see that the patient was slightly unwilling to be healed but given enough nudge would go along with it. after all the surgery couldn’t take place without her consent anyway. Once they had that things wouldn’t be so difficult. Normally the identity of the donor is kept confidential (for good reason) so they could probably use this for their defense. Not only that but they had permission from both mothers to go ahead with said surgery and if explained properly they might agree to it. after all they are in the business of saving lives. As for the matter of them being sued if they get caught it could be explained that one or both of the mothers agreed that if such a thing happened they would be the ones responsible and would take care of any said issues (ie they give them the money that was asked so that they could give it to Janice) then they might not have much of an objection in regards to their plan. Heck for all we know Eun Ha may have even given them a sizeable donation just so that they would enact this show. Like I said it probably wouldn’t happen in real life but in dramas we can let go of these small things.

Will Sera and Danny end up together? To be honest I am on the fence in regards to this. Their chemistry seems to be better than the main leads. Yes, I still don’t see the spark between them. someone tried to point out that was because initially she was conflicted due to the revenge but this isn’t the case anymore. Infact it wasn’t for atleast the past 5 episodes or so. But they still felt the same. Janice seems to have more chemistry with Mi Yun but not the man that she claims to love. Any way back to Sera and Danny. I think it may be possible. After all they even shared a kiss. Granted it was an accident and all. But I do think that he has scored some points with her so it may just be possible. He has been there for her as her drinking buddy after Baby Face was done with her so that has to count for something. But more importantly I think that she was impressed with him when she was drunk and asked him to sleep with her (or rather if he was interested in doing so) this being a Korean Drama and all he refused though it did seem that it affected him. He simply told her to be careful with whom she drank and that not every guy was like him. Now we have to remember this is the same girl that was head over heels with Baby Face so she wouldn’t have made this offer under normal circumstances. Also being who she was one can be sure that she would have come across numerous people who would have tried to use that to their advantage. Such as try to hang around her in the hopes that they could use her connections to get ahead in their life. Whether this was by getting a better job or perhaps getting to know members of the elite aka Yoo Kyung/Baby Face and then use them as further stepping stones to get things done etc.. Guys may have pretended to show interest in her so that they could perhaps marry her for the same reasons or to get their hands on her family wealth etc… In other words, she probably had seen them all. But Danny on the other hand just rejected her advances showing that he didn’t care for any of that. Perhaps he didn’t want to deal with the crazy or maybe he still thinks of her as the daughter of their enemy. Regardless at the moment it isn’t enough for her to switch her affections and latch onto somebody new even if that person is Danny. Something more needs to be done before she considers him a suitable replacement. The same for him. He probably hasn’t moved on from his first love even though he knows that she is out of his grasp. Then again this is a drama where people are known to switch their feelings on and off on demand (or was that just the last drama)

She probably might end up falling for him if she for instance tries to kill herself and is stopped by Danny in the nick of time and he manages to convince her not to do so. That might do the trick for her. But for him I have no idea. Frankly I would rather Janice be the one to prevent her from doing so since they need to mend their sisterly bond first.

Though I did think that the secretary and Danny made a good pair in the last episode. Probably not going to happen though.

Now let’s see what needs to be wrapped in the remaining ten episodes or so.

The parents need to come to some sort of agreement as to how they can share their kids and make amends of their own. This means that Eun Ha especially needs to ask for forgiveness sincerely for all that she has done in the past. Not like what she tried to do with Yoo Kyung ie switching her tune when things turned in her favour. She should probably lose her medical license. Not only for the stunt that she pulled in the past but also because she is doing illegal things in the present such as making a slush fund. It doesn’t matter that it isn’t for herself per se but for her husband’s political career. What is wrong is wrong. If she ends up losing both daughters, I don’t have an issue with that as well. infact I would rather the writers not forget an old plot point and use it even now. I doubt that Eun Ha is going to go on another killing spree anytime soon. But she isn’t going to repent as well. this means that drastic measures are probably going to have to be implemented. This way they can use the video of her dunking Janice’s head in water on the roof. Danny has a copy of that. Someone needs to leak said video to embarrass her. Bonus points if that person turns out to be Sera. She did promise to steal said video. Her wanting to do that then was different. Then it was to protect herself and her mother but now she may simply want to do it out of spite. Her mother still choosing her sister over her. So even if at this point Janice may not wish to place any charges against Eun Ha (due to her being her mother and whatnot) the embarrassment that Eun Ha will go through should be sufficient enough. On top of all this if Sera and further reveal some of the stunts that she and her mother pulled to get rid of Janice things wouldn’t look good for them. Eun Ha probably wanting to do atleast one thing right for Sera to make things up might decide to take the entire blame on herself and say that she was the one actually responsible and that Sera was either unaware for some of those things or is trying to protect her since she is her mother. Now if this results in her being locked up behind bars for all this as well as her losing her medical license and clinic I don’t think that is a bad trade of. If this further gives her time to repent (if she hasn’t done so already) then all the better.

J Thief needs to be kicked out at this point. His greed and ambition still haven’t been curbed and he is back to his old tricks. I was hoping for a bit of reconciliation with his current family especially since his kid’s mother is out of the picture (she got married to someone else). Not only that but he has also seen Baby Face take his side atleast in regards to his illegitimate son and all. I kind of understand him wanting to look out for his son’s future but that can be probably worked out somehow. I guess if he pulls the stunt that he is planning then Baby Face is going to wash his hands of him. Then again he won’t. We have already seen how he is in regards to Janice. A woman that has tried to kill him atleast once and endangered his life another. Not to mention the other stunts that she has pulled (ruin it be making out to be a victim etc/) Thus I suspect that we will get a team up to get rid of him from his position but at the end of the day he is going to forgive J Thief since he is the father that he knew. (regardless of the fact that he was responsible for the death of his biological father) Unless as people have suggested that it was actually his grandmother. Oh how easy to blame the dead.

Speaking of that I am glad that Yoo Kyung didn’t fall for Eun Ha’s lie that she did the baby swap under orders of the grandmother. Frankly that was next to impossible. There is an old saying Actions Speak Louder Than Words which should have been applied over here. In this case her mother may have been against her lover but she wasn’t against her child as that was the grandmothers flesh and blood as well. If she wanted to get rid of said child an abortion could have solved the matter. She wouldn’t have allowed her to have the kid or if the child died then she wouldn’t have gone for the swap. More importantly she would have treated Baby Face had she known the truth. Instead she raised him as the future heir of the company. Something that she would have tried to prevent if she knew the truth. After all she wouldn’t want to let the company fall in the hands of a complete stranger. We have seen how she was in regards to J Thief. She made him sign a contract that if he had kids of his own he would be kicked out without anything. She probably knew him to be the opportunist that he was thus this was her taking precautions of her own to protect the family. Though let’s be honest if people treated him differently he might not have turned out the way he did.

Oh on a side note remember when J Thief and Baby Face are discussing who he would end up saving if said people are drowning and he mentioned that it would be his mother if both of them (Yoo Kyung and J Thief) are drowning. Showing his priority. Though if it is just J Thief then it would be him. Well I think the actual answer would be that he would save neither since he doesn’t know swimming. (thus he couldn’t rescue Janice when she chucked the both of them over that railing into the water. Unless he hit his head hard while falling in said water and lost his consciousness.

Anyway that will be all for the moment. Will check if the latest episode has been subbed otherwise will catch up on this week’s episodes of Bad Love. So till then take care all of you and keep posting.

Carrie did not have cancer, tsk tsk my Korean keeps getting messed up.

The liver is not regenerating, isn't it a bit early to conclude that? Oh well, we now get another bad news, Carrie has only another year to live. So she decides to walk around or run away, not sure - I am not trying my Korean again. If it is not bad enough, she sees Janice standing on the other side of the road, steps into the road and then the truck of doom tootles...

ep 98 made me feel sad :cold_sweat:  still hoping for a happy ending. I'd hate it for be an ending like Carry dies in the end and then everyone will actually feel remorse for what they've done...

I like the OST #12 song, it reminds me of those late 2000s OST songs used in melodramas/makjangs like East of Eden?

7 hours ago, crystaltears said:

I like the OST #12 song, it reminds me of those late 2000s OST songs used in melodramas/makjangs like East of Eden?

It sounds very much like the song in 'Save the last dance'. One of my favourites, Wasn't singer's name Edward Chung?

Archived