[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

2 hours ago, Gummi said:

KSH was from seongnam criminal division and had the most direct link to the fake witness, and would be the most likely to be able to get the fake witness off the hook. I dont think it'd be difficult to link him to the fake witness based on CB's connections. 

Let's not forget both KSH and WTH are prosecutors. Though they may seem dumb compared to CB, still they are prosecutors. KSH possibly realized that Shimok might have taken a look at the photo frame. Why would he answer Shimok's question so easily? His immediate question was why Shimok didn't take a look at Woo's office if he fantasized a better title? Next day he was again calm and even asked him if he was fine or not. From the preview it looks as if the police team immediately announced that criminal legislation division orchestrated the fake witness by looking at how CB was still in uniform and HYJ was also in the same outfit. 

Edit: Sa Hyun will finally realize KWC's valuable advice next week. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Let's not forget both KSH and WTH are prosecutors. Though they may seem dumb compared to CB, still they are prosecutors. KSH possibly realized that Shimok might have taken a look at the photo frame. Why would he answer Shimok's question so easily? His immediate question was why Shimok didn't take a look at Woo's office if he fantasized a better title? Next day he was again calm and even asked him if he was fine or not. From the preview it looks as if the police team immediately announced that criminal legislation division orchestrated the fake witness by looking at how CB was still in uniform and HYJ was also in the same outfit. 

Edit: Sa Hyun will finally realize KWC's valuable advice next week. 

Right  so fast just like they was ready for it 

Choi said they should  hey careful  before attack the prosecutors but here I am thinking of YJ  question to Choi when she show  up at the searching scene " did you come from some  place "  Yj  asked since  choi was in the uniform so why she  was looking like she was ready  for something to happen  when they found SDJ  body

As she was sure they will find out that the massage  was fake even when it was just a thought  before  

I don't know they fast announce  that make me think they was so aware of it from the start, and from the preview  Choi said it doesn't  matter  who do it from them ( here I am thinking she saying she doesn't  planning  to find who did it, it enough  they make the prosecutors a suspect  in the public  eyes )

Another worry things YJ  not just facing woo threading in the previews  she also standing infront of police  chief so holding her angry 

Yj looking at Choi in the press  conference  was also not friendly  look 

• Like 8

@pompyavi I can’t see the attached pic for some reason?

But why would Police or Jang plant the false witness and bring disrepute to the Police though?  That doesn’t make sense?  As for the Police watch, I get the feeling it could be someone’s background. A family member from KSH who used to be in the Police Force? Father maybe?  There was that pic of him with his mother that SM stared at.  That bugs me.  If you have those pics there, why keep them in a box?  If it mattered enough for you to take it to the office why not put it on your desk to look at (like most people do)?  Why just keep them on the side like that?  Or are you NOT intending to stay for long so you decide not to bother?  Like you’re ready to pack up and leave? 

@nona88

Spoiler

Yj  asked since  choi was in the uniform so why she  was looking like she was ready  for something to happen  when they found SDJ  body 

Good point!  It’s like she was prepping herself to give an official statement?  All dressed up?  Like at the TongYeong family interview?  She knew all the reporters were there so she was ready to give an interview?  Not sure if she knew the message was fake but she seemed ready to take the heat (again shouldering the blame).  WTH on the other hand was nowhere to be seen?  

The other thing is...the camera focused on this - the lapel pin on Survivor boy’s lawyer dad.  SM looked at it.

44506-B6-A-9132-46-A4-9-D1-F-7324-B7-D0-

But that looks a lot Iike a floral emblem?  But it’s for the legal profession I think?  Why else would he have it?  He’s wearing it like a badge of honour so it must reflect some seniority.  He claimed to have once been a Chief Prosecutor before he left to become a lawyer.  Prosecutors (civil servants) don’t earn a lot of money compared to lawyers (private sector).  That blown up pic from forensics with the floral emblems on the watch/clock...is it just the Police who have it?  Was it really planted?  Or was that a mistake on the part of the perpetrator?  The witness was planted for sure but the watch/clock?  The floral emblem was kinda fuzzy when blown up by forensics.  We could work out the shape but not the detail.  Was it this emblem?  From the Prosecution? 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

can’t see the attached pic for some reason?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rsVSzhZvaSVp_HVOxzFI9PN0RcWK2SreK4XX9aIit7c/edit?usp=sharing

attached it in a google doc.

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

But why would Police or Jang plant the false witness and bring disrepute to the Police though?  That doesn’t make sense?  As for the Police watch, I get the feeling it could be someone’s background. A family member from KSH who used to be in the Police Force? Father maybe?  There was that pic of him with his mother that SM stared at.  That bugs me.  If you have those pics there, why keep them in a box?  If it mattered enough for you to take it to the office why not put it on your desk to look at (like most people do)?  Why just keep them on the side like that?  Or are you NOT intending to stay for long so you decide not to bother?  Like you’re ready to pack up and leave? 

Yeah am also thinking why police team would do that. Every piece of evidence is pointing to Woo and KSH but won't this favor police in terms of gaining the rights? The show is leading us to believe that it was prosecution but it could be red herring. KSH is clever than Woo, he understood that Shimok wants him to get info from Woo. If he could understand that, then why would not he understand that he sneaked in his office because he suspects him? His reaction was like he felt betrayed by Shimok. Because he was the one who used to be protective of him and that's why he wondered why was it his office and not chief Woo.

@nrllee The pin on KHJ'S das was to signify that he is a lawyer. I have seen in all the dramas that in SK lawyers wear  a lapel pin. I immediately knew that he's either a lawyer and an ex prosecutor or an assemblyman. 

• Like 8

@Gummi yeah that cut on Jang’s face was weird.  :huh:  Potential is there for Police to plant evidence.  It’s one thing to look up stuff on a computer and provide information that’s already there.  But quite another thing to fabricate evidence?   Not sure how he’d be redeemed as a character if he does that.  He seemed repentant when called out in S1.  I hope it’s nothing serious.  :(

• Like 8

On rewatching ep 14 one thing is bothering me. KHJ did not want to hurt Dong Jae. Why did he kidnap him when he didn't even know what Dong jae wanted to talk about? Even if he had doubts, he didn't have any evidence to indict him. There was no need to kidnap him. Also, when SM and YJ were interrogating him, he said it was a dog's blood. At that time, I felt he might have some shrewdness in him that he immediately came up with a plan. But when SM shouted at him, he started crying that was strange. 

Also, if Woo and KSH are involved in fake witness thing, then they should have prevented issuing the warrant since the culprit would confess that it wasn't him who sent that. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

On rewatching ep 14 one thing is bothering me. KHJ did not want to hurt Dong Jae. Why did he kidnap him when he didn't even know what Dong jae wanted to talk about? Even if he had doubts, he didn't have any evidence to indict him. There was no need to kidnap him. Also, when SM and YJ were interrogating him, he said it was a dog's blood. At that time, I felt he might have some shrewdness in him that he immediately came up with a plan. But when SM shouted at him, he started crying that was strange. 

There are many things about KHJ kidnapping DJ didn’t sit right with me so rewatched some scenes in the previous episodes. 
E12: someone cut DJ blindfold, checked his eyes, left a few things on the floor. 1. If that person is KHJ, why did he have to wear gloves in his own place? Why left those things especially the green lighter? I notices, that person was breathing heavily and it sounds like a man.

E8: KHJ left a message about “you people have no conscience” Why conscience? He is not talking about the wife or his bullies friends. For me it is implying the police/prosecutor who had no conscience. Why blaming them? 

E14: why the dashcam disappeared? ( this one can be important) Another detail: when YJ handcuffed KHJ and mentioned he left a comment on the forum. Camera zoom to SM and he had a puzzle look about that information. The motive for KHJ to attack and abducted DJ is weak. They had implied multiple times that it must be done by two people or someone big and strong. DJ was definitely kept at KHJ’s place but i feel those scenes of KHJ carrying DJ was his imagination, trying to come up with a story cos he is scared. 

For me the person with gloves checking DJ was definitely someone else. 
my theory: someone attacked and abducted DJ but left him at KHJ’s place. They threaten KHJ as they know about the bully. They can’t leave him at their place, KHJ’s place  happened to be near the area. DJ could have told WTH about this kid. 
 Don’t know what really happened but I believe there is more to DJ kidnapping. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, farawayland said:

There are many things about KHJ kidnapping DJ didn’t sit right with me so rewatched some scenes in the previous episodes. 
E12: someone cut DJ blindfold, checked his eyes, left a few things on the floor. 1. If that person is KHJ, why did he have to wear gloves in his own place? Why left those things especially the green lighter? I notices, that person was breathing heavily and it sounds like a man.

E8: KHJ left a message about “you people have no conscience” Why conscience? He is not talking about the wife or his bullies friends. For me it is implying the police/prosecutor who had no conscience. Why blaming them? 

E14: why the dashcam disappeared? ( this one can be important) Another detail: when YJ handcuffed KHJ and mentioned he left a comment on the forum. Camera zoom to SM and he had a puzzle look about that information. The motive for KHJ to attack and abducted DJ is weak. They had implied multiple times that it must be done by two people or someone big and strong. DJ was definitely kept at KHJ’s place but i feel those scenes of KHJ carrying DJ was his imagination, trying to come up with a story cos he is scared. 

my theory: someone attacked and abducted DJ but left him at KHJ’s place. They threaten KHJ as they know about the bully. They can’t leave him at their place, KHJ’s place  happened to be near the area. DJ could have told WTH about this kid. 

I was thinking the same, plus we see someone smashing SDJ with a chair or something too, in one of the episodes. There is definitely a second person involved here. As you said, KHJ could be used here, or they could be accomplices because they have a common interest here, to seal SDJ's lips.

@pompyavi Let's not forget one thing, KHJ maybe scared and all, but he very meticulously planned to kill his bullies, which means, chances are he really is not showing his true face here. He is a big lawyer's son, so he has got some ideas how he needs to act in order to get reduced sentence. So I believe here we have two people, who may or may not be strangers to each other, but have got some common motive against SDJ. 

The person who checked SDJ's eyes to see whether he was alive or not seemed quite calm while doing it. There is more to it, but I still don't know how everything will be wrapped in 2 episodes. 

Plus I strongly feel that Choi Bit is either behind the fake witness or the fake photos and note. As I said, she could have either used those images to act as bait for WTH and co. to hire a fake witness and then use it against them. Or WTH and co. pulled the fake note and photo stunt and she hired a fake witness in order to use it against them. As we see in the next episode's preview, it looks like they were just waiting for SDJ's body to be found and then go for the briefing, and thus we even see Choi Bit in uniform. 

I do doubt that the fake witness was hired by the prosecutors WTH and KSH, I don't really think they did it. 

• Like 6

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 13

by quirkycase

FoS213-01156.jpg

They may officially be off the case, but that doesn’t mean our prosecutor-cop duo is giving up. Some new bits of information surface which may be relevant to the disappearance, but like everything else about this case, it’s unclear. As our duo quietly investigates, their bosses work behind the scenes to keep their own secrets buried and figure out their next moves.

EPISODE 13

FoS213-00008.jpgFoS213-00009.jpg

We pick up where we left off with Tae-ha questioning Yeon-jae about Kwang-soo. Tae-ha observes that Tae-ha was desperate enough to drink that day. Kwang-soo had invited Tae-ha to their meeting at the vacation home. When the Hanjo lawsuit was brought up, Tae-ha left, and Kwang-soo chased after him.

Chief Choi asks if Yeon-jae got an update after the situation. Yeon-jae knew based on the time of his death that Kwang-soo hadn’t accomplished the task. She didn’t want to draw attention, so she let it go. But now Dong-jae is missing.

Yeon-jae smiles derisively when Tae-ha claims putting Shi-mok in charge let him maintain control over the situation and stay in the loop. She’s angry to hear Shi-mok has already talked to Kwang-soo’s wife, but Tae-ha assures her Shi-mok was only in charge of Dong-jae’s case and has since been removed from the investigation.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-13/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Let's not forget one thing, KHJ maybe scared and all, but he very meticulously planned to kill his bullies, which means, chances are he really is not showing his true face here. He is a big lawyer's son, so he has got some ideas how he needs to act in order to get reduced sentence.

Yes he did plan meticulously but it was because they bullied him to the point that his patience just wore off. Also killing someone whom you resent is different than kidnapping/torturing a prosecutor. A normal person would fear doing that unless he is a pyscho. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yes he did plan meticulously but it was because they bullied him to the point that his patience just wore off. Also killing someone whom you resent is different than kidnapping/torturing a prosecutor. A normal person would fear doing that unless he is a pyscho. 

You see, he saw killing his friends something which had to be done, and I think he thought the same with SDJ's case. And the fact that he decided to meet him in a place where there were no CCTV cameras involved makes me wonder, did he know about it? I think the second involved told him to meet SDJ there. 

Coming back to KHJ, people who have killed once, not hot blooded murders, I am talking about cold murders, which he did to his friends, they usually don't mind killing when there is need to do it. As I said before too, to conceal his murder, he had to silence SDJ and did it that way. 

• Like 5

There’s definitely 2 people with regards to DJ’s abduction.  One who provided water (green lighter and gloves) and the other KHJ (with the violent streak).  KHJ was the one who disposed of the body.  Question is who is the other person. The one who brought the water regularly to check on DJ.  I think the guy/woman who came to check on DJ on the last occasion thought he was dead and panicked, cut the blindfold, dropping the lighter in his/her panicked state.  I do think the quickening breath does sound more masculine though.   I think the second person just wanted to benefit from the situation (KHJ was the kidnapper)?  It was fine to have everyone think it was the Police  and benefit from it?  But things got out of hand when he realized DJ could be dead.  As for whether it’s possibly to lift someone into a car boot or manage it on his own, when adrenaline is going, you are capable of doing far more than when you’re calm.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, farawayland said:

To me kidnapping Dong Jae is little overboard as I have said before as well that Dong jae just said he wanted to talk to him. And it is possible that Dong jae just wanted to know whether he was bullied or not. 

@Sleepy Owl mentioned that he asked him to meet at a place where there are no CCTVs. So he was planning to harm or do something. And as @nrllee mentioned, when you are desperate you can do anything, he even murdered his friends. 

As for the lighter and water bottles, even i am puzzled why they have been shown if those things means nothing. He can wear gloves at his home to avoid leaving fingerprints.

• Like 5

everyone  right KHJ   case has so many unanswered questions first he used to live there so he know if there CCTV  or not ( people's  check that for security reasons  when they move to a place it not secret  or not knowing  things for people  who live there) 

And the fact he could hit SDJ  if he give him his back is also  possible  with his body figure 

Now the question  after that is there someone  involved  for  moving SDJ or checking on him or everything  that everyone has point ???? 

That still possible  , if it was more then just fake witness  and fake massage  if there was something  bigger  and  someone helped or forced  KHJ  into their plan I will not  be even surprised  since we already  talk about that before even bw sure it KHJ  

52 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You see, he saw killing his friends something which had to be done, and I think he thought the same with SDJ's case. And the fact that he decided to meet him in a place where there were no CCTV cameras involved makes me wonder, did he know about it? I think the second involved told him to meet SDJ there. 

Coming back to KHJ, people who have killed once, not hot blooded murders, I am talking about cold murders, which he did to his friends, they usually don't mind killing when there is need to do it. As I said before too, to conceal his murder, he had to silence SDJ and did it that way. 

I am not paying  his tear while he was talking with SM  in the room or even with YJ  in the car 

It the same tear act he show at the beach and I was even then think he suspicious, he trying to find his way out, when his father was around he act so cold and lies easy about the dog and his face was so clam  telling a lie after a lie ( he even was a little  smilling talking about the dog ) but when he was with SM  and YJ  alone he take out the crying and scared  kid act ( that so fake and fast shift  ) 

He was nervous  they found what he did, cause the couple  may really saw something  and getting  a call from prosecutor he cleverly  think to meet him in his old palce area as he was taking chance he was found out, he choice  place far from his new place and know that there no CCTV  so he was ready to do something  if the prosecutor  know something, 

The same with YJ  when she come he already  give that killer face and wanted  to close the garage door and even checked  around if someone  around , so he was ready to do something  to her if she know something  

His friends  murder  wasnt out of rage too, he had planned it so well and pull a great act infront the police  and prosecutor and everyone  later ( it not like he lose it and later used his smart mind to hide it , did you see how much he was calm  after killing  two people  to continue his plan perfectly  with changing cloth and do everything  later ) 

He maybe poor kid who used to be bullied  but he not the normal victim, as SM  said it rarely  to see violence  victims  trun to be the violence  one and here we have a very one who has no regret  and was ready to kill more to protect  himself  that show that he  freak  himself and that why this drama great the writer touching  the grey area of human psychology  too

P.s. I am still wishing  they start the events  or ep 13 more early like in ep 11 or something  then we was going to enjoy more episodes  into all the this  possibilities  and the psychology  of the people  behind all this cases and enjoying more time of finding the twist into the twist  

Ep 14 was the normal duration time like season 1 that we was asking for( that why it feel in good speed and so much happen in)  it make me sure that so many shooting planning changed cause the covid crisis 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, Gummi said:

. So far, CB hasnt been portrayed as the ultimate evil, coz it seemed like she was mostly an assistant to WTH. But let's not forget that she is the chief of intelligence, there is surely a lot she knows that she is not letting on.

I consider Choi Bit more dangerous than Woo Tae Ha. I mean both are smart people but she is capable to outsmart him. Just from my observation. Woo Tae Ha is quick tempered on top of that and  Choi Bit is the strategic person. She calculates her moves ahead of her adversaries. I can see her capable to orchestrate everything to ultimetly put the prosecutors on the hot spot or to save herself.

I did not think that Jang Gun or Choi Bit  might be involved in the fake witness and that blood tie picture that put the police on the bad spot first but it makes sense. He can follow the orders of Choi bit but I am still hope it is not the case. But if the theory about Choi bit being behind this case to ultimately win the battle with prosecutors is so good. It was a well thought out, calculated plan, risque and bold. Totally like Choi Bit. It is her signatures. And I can go behind this plot if that was the writer `s intension because it makes sense and fits well with the story.  Very smart move from the writer. And well done to all of you who see that coming.

I might say something, we saw last episode how Choi Bit remembered that she heard about the shoes of one of the victims and I thought that she felt guilty just like Yeo Jin that did not realise sooner that that was a clue. But what if she did realise and she discovered the connection before everybody else and worked on her plan after that? It is possible. We`ll see. Not to forget that Choi Bit had Dong Jae`s phone calls (when she photocopy them and made sure she was not discovered by Yeo Jin). More and more informations fit to the whole pictures. It is like a moment of clarity.:D

I see that things get tense to the max between the police and prosecutor in the last episodes. It became the final battle? Every team attacks the other and Shi Mok and Yeo Jin are in the middle. But they will discover everything in the end.

I had a bad feeling about Jang Gun from the beginning of the drama. I thought he will die or something bad will happen with him this season like how Eun Soo or Yoon Se Won &  Lee Chang-Jun were the tragic characters last season. I thought that it is Yeo Jin who will have a heartbreak this time. And what heartbreak she will get! More than Shi Mok last year. Jang Gun was her friend and she admired Choi Bit a lot.  I fear for Yeo Jin that she will come out emotionally wounded the most by betrayals and disappointent after this battle,  but she is a strong woman. She will do the right thing just like Shi Mok did last season.

I can`t see a better ending than this.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Plus I strongly feel that Choi Bit is either behind the fake witness or the fake photos and note. As I said, she could have either used those images to act as bait for WTH and co. to hire a fake witness and then use it against them.

I think Choi Bit could be behind the photo but I think Kim Sa Hyun or even Woo Tae Ha is behind the fake witness.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

A question.

I know that I have seen the actor who played Kim Hu Jeon`s father in other dramas (in Chief of staff for exemple) but I think I saw him in another scene in our drama earlier. But I don`t know if I am right. I think I saw him when Shi Mok went to see Assemblyman Nam or he was an attorney for someone. I am confused. I don`t remember very well. I am right or not?

• Like 4

Just now, larus said:

A question.

I know that I have seen the actor who played Kim Hu Jeon`s father in other dramas (in Chief of staff for exemple) but I think I saw him in another scene in our drama earlier. But I don`t know if I am right. I think I saw him when Shi Mok went to see Assemblyman Nam or he was an attorney for someone. I don`t remember very well. I am right or not?

Yup I also remember seeing him somewhere, but then thought I could be wrong, since you also felt it, I'll check the episodes and tell where he was :approves:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yup I also remember seeing him somewhere, but then thought I could be wrong, since you also felt it, I'll check the episodes and tell where he was 

Thanks, chingu! I hope you find him. It will be hard. If not, perhaps there are others who remember him.

I looked a little in some episodes and I rewatch the scene I thought I saw him. I can`t find him. Maybe it was my confusion.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, larus said:

Thanks, chingu! I hope you find him. It will be hard. If not, perhaps there are others who remember him.

I looked a little in some episodes and I rewatch the scene I thought I saw him. I can`t find him. Maybe it was my confusion.

Do you remember in which episode did you think to have seen him? I checked Asianwiki, there this guy is named as Attorney in SDJ's missing case with no episode mentioned, you see, they usually mention in which episode the person appeared if it is a cameo role. For many others it is updated, even for the ones who appeared only in 14th episode, which sort of means he has appeared at least before. I went through episodes on FF, and found nothing, though. Will check again later. 

But going through episodes made me wonder, why didn't they really do basic check on the survivor. If they had done and knew he was son of former prosecutor, at least SM would doubt if it was indeed the attorney who pulled the strings in order for the case be reviewed and closed by prosecution and not Oh Ju Seon. We still don't know though who did it, or whether KWC really did it himself (which I doubt, he could have done it as a favor for former colleague or friend). That knowledge would actually make SM to look into the case a bit more and dig a little more deeper. Like meeting with the victim at the very least.

Second thing that I observed was it was actually JG who brought in the witness in order to identify the culprit. Could be co-incidental, but considering all suspicions around him on this thread, it is interesting that he brought the witness. 

• Like 8