[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

56 minutes ago, mtracy07 said:

If we were in the protagonists’ positions, will we even take the same route as them?

Good questions! Yes, those kind of questions is asking this show too.

I would have try to do the same as Shi Mok and Yeo Jin to find a colleague who was in need. No matter what. But I am afraid if I was in Kang`s shoes, I would have take the easy route too and took the document as well. I think he was very frustrated to not catch Hanjo knowing well that they are in the wrong. Sometimes we lost patience and want shortcuts. Plus, seing the other side have more power, more resourses, frustrates anyone.

We should know that compromising once with your principles it is easy to do the same later.

I even thought hard what I would have done in Choi bit/ Woo Tae Ha`s shoes. Being part of that organization for so long, I probably wanted to cover up that I was at that meeting too. But in the same time I don`t think I would have been capable to get a higher position on the organization. I don`t have this ambition at all. For me doing what is right is above my personal benefit. I want to sleep well at night not listen to my guilty conscience.

I remember a funny scene with myself. I was in the middle on the night at a crossroad. No cars, no people around. It was a small road, not a main street.  I was waiting waiting for the green color of the traffic light, and I left dumb waiting in these circumstances. I crossed the road on the red light eventually. But I felt guilty for this. I even thought what is wrong with me. It was nothing to be guilty about. :D

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

30 minutes ago, larus said:

Of course, if they would have been more time to investigate perhaps they could find evidence for a foul play. Not only the police but the prosecutors treated it as a trivial case. They did not find a big deal that someone was convinced to end it so quickly because they thought it would have got the same results.

What is is disturbing and frustrated is how conections are working to solve an outside interest. Woo Tae Ha was called by a higher up because Kim Hu-Jeong `s father had powerful connections.  Kim Sa-Hyun had to call a higher connection to stop the abuse of power. And they were lucky because that person (an assemply man) was a senior of that minister. Meanwhile, a mere prosecutor is demoted for speaking up against an injustice, because she could not do what she was asking for.

And how @chickfactor mentioned already it is disturbing to see the high-ranking officials (prosecutors or police officers)  has to kneel down in front of chaebols with more power than they bosses.

You are right about it. And this whole connection thing has become a very common thing. They have normalized it. I think this could actually be a serious problem in SK. I have watched numerous Legal dramas and almost in all of them we have a former judge turned lawyer or former prosecutor turned lawyer, using their connections in the cases.

Speaking about chaebols, well we all know that most of them contribute in one or the other ministers campaigns, against which they always usually want one thing in return and it is legal security. Not be investigated for tax evasions, frauds or even if they do get investigated, get away with least possible punishment. We all know about the hierarchy system, which is sort of root cause of all problems. These Chaebols contact the ministers, or the highest ranking person in the prosecution or Police office and they then pressurize the lower ranked prosecutors or police officers or who ever it is. 

The scene where both WTH and KSH were discussing about finding a person being senior of the minister or judge, showed how much hierarchy plays an important role in prosecution and judiciary. 

25 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yes rightly said. It's all about the details they have put in this drama. And the fact that now HYJ and HSM would uncover the secrets behind PGS's case which would reveal more dirty deeds. The impact is so huge that Woo had to threaten possibly HYJ that he would destroy her. This reminded me again of Song ki Hyeon - "The higher up can't do anything against the powerful people but they can't stand when someone tries to bring those out". And SM would again be demoted or worse be terminated.

Yup, firstly people like YJ and SM, are the ideal of both prosecutors and Police officers. A person like any of them does not really exist. In fact can't really exist. Especially SM. But yes, I do see both of them facing a backlash from their respective Organizations on PGS's case. And the least both of them might face is demotion.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Up oAbout episode 13, did anyone else thought Si-Mok was going to show some compassion and offer Jung Min-Ha a ride home? :blink: (Was so shocked when he didn’t!) 

I was thrown off by him looking at her bus card (i think that’s what it was) in the elevator, then asking her how old she is, as if wondering if she had a driver’s license. He’s so enigmatic! Yeo-Jin truly is the only person who gets him! Loved when she was grilled by her boss when asked if she like Si-Mok! :lol::wub:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

About episode 13, did anyone else thought Si-Mok was going to show some compassion and offer Jung Min-Ha a ride home?

I thought. But when he did not, I was like oh well he is Hwang Shimok. It was foolish of me to think that. 

:loolz:

12 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

And the least both of them might face is demotion.

I am certain if not YJ, SM will definitely be.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

About episode 13, did anyone else thought Si-Mok was going to show some compassion and offer Jung Min-Ha a ride home? :blink: (Was so shocked when he didn’t!)

I was not shocked but I admit I was so curious to see why he stopped the car. I also thought he would asked her to take her home or at the bus stop. But he was Shi Mok`s himself. Not shocked at all. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, larus said:

I was not shocked but I admit I was so curious to see why he stopped the car. I also thought he would asked her to take her home, or at the bus stop. But he was Shi Mok`s himself. Not shocked at all. :D

Shi Mok being Shi Mok is the most normal thing of this drama. I would actually be shocked if he would offer to drive her home or even to bus stop. 

:loolz:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

16 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Shi Mok being Shi Mok is the most normal thing of this drama. I would actually be shocked if he would offer to drive her home or even to bus stop. 

So true. I will be so surprizes to see Shi Mok asking Yeo Jin to go out to eat or drink together as well (for work, of course :D). But I want that to happen. He can do it. He can learn to be proactice socially.  We have hopes for him. Maybe in Season 5. We want more seasons, right?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Here I am thinking what if it twist inside  twiste

Like season 1 right now we suspect  the prosecutors for the fake witness  and fake massage  but what if it the police  ???

Think about it , making evidence  against themselves and later leave trace for other to find that they where frame  by the prosecutors  that a bigger  weapon  to win over the prosecutors in the right fight to make everyone  see them as bad to the point of risking their own people  life and frame  the police  in false charge the same right that clam  they have over the police  to stopped  the false  and unjustified charge  ( yeh that something  that a wild mind can do, okay calling for Choi the one who always  have a plan  head) 

7 hours ago, farawayland said:

Yesss....8.8% well deserved.

I think i judge Stranger unfairly sometimes. I would take all the nonsense in other dramas as given because they were no Stranger hahaha. 

In the drowning case, if the prosecutor didn’t close it quickly as a favour for someone, they probably would have found out what really happened. If the police or Choibit paid more attention to the story of the victim instead of being there for media play, they would have a different outcome and a life of a man was not at risk.
The writer tells us what would happen when the individual and organisation care more about their “rights” than the people “right”.  I love this writer so much. Such insightful and powerful writing. 

Yes I know that it will come to hunt kang later , SM was right  it not about the results  it about the progress if they did it like Jo's it should checking victims  background and connected  was going to be doing right 

51 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

This thread has forced me to think what if the police side has something to do with this fake witness. CB also warned YJ that she should be ready to grab him if things go wrong for them. And then YJ complimented her that she has a plan for everything. Right now all the evidence and points leading to either Sa hyun or Woo could be a red herring.

That   what I was thinking about 

With you dear :thumbsup:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Here I am thinking what if it twist inside  twiste

Like season 1 right now we suspect  the prosecutors for the fake witness  and fake massage  but what if it the police  ???

Think about it , making evidence  against themselves and later leave trace for other to find that they where frame  by the prosecutors  that a bigger  weapon  to win over the prosecutors in the right fight to make everyone  see them as bad to the point of risking their own people  life and frame  the police  in false charge the same right that clam  they have over the police  to stopped  the false  and unjustified charge  ( yeh that something  that a wild mind can do, okay calling for Choi the one who always  have a plan  head) 

Yes I know that it will come to hunt kang later , SM was right  it not about the results  it about the progress if they did it like Jo's it should checking victims  background and connected  was going to be doing right 

That exitilty  what I was thinking about 

With you dear :thumbsup:

You are actually right here. Even I am thinking the same. What if the mastermind behind all that was Choi Bit and co. Making us all think it is the prosecution, but use the fake witness card on the prosecution and use it to win investigative rights by accusing them of playing dirty for the same. And it actually would really be a good twist. 

Both prosecution and Police Force are expected to be doomed thanks to PGS's case, what remains is who will face more back lash thanks to the fake witness one. 

10 minutes ago, larus said:

So true. I will be so surprizes to see Shi Mok asking Yeo Jin to go out to eat or drink together as well (for work, of course :D). But I want that to happen. He can do it. He can learn to be proactice socially.  We have hopes for him. Maybe in Season 5. We want more seasons, right?

Let's hope it will happen, maybe like you said in season 5 :joy:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Think about it , making evidence  against themselves and later leave trace for other to find that they where frame  by the prosecutors  that a bigger  weapon  to win over the prosecutors in the right fight to make everyone  see them as bad to the point of risking their own people  life and frame  the police  in false charge the same right that clam  they have over the police  to stopped  the false  and unjustified charge

It is possible but the only one capable to do that is Choi Bit. The other police officers want investigative rights but she is obsessed to succeed. She has higher ambitious.

I think both Choi Bit and Woo tae Ha will go down from their position in the end, unless the writer will make one of them (probably Choi Bit) get away to prepare for the next season. We`ll see.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, larus said:

It is possible but the only one capable to do that is Choi Bit. The other police officers want investigative rights but she is obsessed to succeed. She has higher ambitious.

I think both Choi Bit and Woo tae Ha will go down from their position in the end, unless the writer will make one of them (probably Choi Bit) get away to prepare for the next season. We`ll see.

I think since they were sort of directly involved in PGS's case, I see both of them going down. But if one of them is going to get away, it could actually be as you said Choi Bit, as YJ had said, she always has a plan for everything. I wonder if they'll push PGS's case for the next season and we'll not get to see much of it.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, larus said:

both Choi Bit and Woo tae Ha will go down from their position in the end, unless the writer will make one of them (probably Choi Bit) get away to prepare for the next season. We`ll see.

Now i want CB to get away so that she can be doomed in S3. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

But poor SDJ will be traumatized for a long time. I see him suddenly waking up at night like this 

NearGrandioseArcticseal-size_restricted.

or during the day continue telling everyone about his near death experience like this 

PitifulCircularIcelandgull-size_restrict

I really hope he'll spend some peaceful time with his family. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Now i want CB to get away so that she can be doomed in S3. 

Here someone  like me want a proof  we will have another  season  but even when I want 10 seasons of this  drama I let anything  open to next season since we have no idea what may happen in production and money and any others reasons  that maybe  stoped a planning  season from seeing the light  so yeh solve everything  now like season  1 and what later can have another fight 

24 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think since they were sort of directly involved in PGS's case, I see both of them going down. But if one of them is going to get away, it could actually be as you said Choi Bit, as YJ had said, she always has a plan for everything. I wonder if they'll push PGS's case for the next season and we'll not get to see much of it.

Choi can survive  this she was the cleaning lady in PGS case as one shouldn't but has to do what the higher up asked ( specially  if the police  chief  was involved) 

So she can use that herself  to trun to be hero and throw the stones  on everyone and let them hold responsibility  and get less damage  from all of them just how she thrown her boss in the first 2 episodes  to clam  over ( me I want her to be hold responsibility  too not gain from that) 

But it all will be different  if she was the one behind  the fake witness  and massage :smirk:

31 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You are actually right here. Even I am thinking the same. What if the mastermind behind all that was Choi Bit and co. Making us all think it is the prosecution, but use the fake witness card on the prosecution and use it to win investigative rights by accusing them of playing dirty for the same. And it actually would really be a good twist. 

Both prosecution and Police Force are expected to be doomed thanks to PGS's case, what remains is who will face more back lash thanks to the fake witness one. 

You right the death prosecutor  cases going to doomed  them all the question  is who going to use the same case to attack  other and come clean first ( had less damage  and can  rise again later)  

Okay for me all of the should disappear  they nothing worth the titles  the hold  

They just a gangster  who their weapons  is power harassment  and their goal  own profits as one and group  

28 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes I agree we saw she obsessed  enough  already  so I know she more then can do that 

I dont know about delaying  things as i wrote 

I dont mind more seasons but had fear of what may happen  and stop that 

That remind me on  my favorite   muilty  seasons  dramas God of quiz I have season  favorite  then other and I had my good and bad thoughts  about all the seasons  but in  general  I like it and like the characters  growing and all emotional  cases  there so i dont mind  having another one with forest of secrets  ( not waiting years between  each season  sure) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Here someone  like me want a proof  we will have another  season  but even when I want 10 seasons of this  drama I let anything  open to next season since we have no idea what may happen in production and money and any others reasons  that maybe  stoped a planning  season from seeing the light  so yeh solve everything  now like season  1 and what later can have another fight 

Choi can survive  this she was the cleaning lady in PGS case as one shouldn't but has to do what the higher up asked ( specially  if the police  chief  was involved) 

So she can use that herself  to trun to be hero and throw the stones  on everyone and let them hold responsibility  and get less damage  from all of them just how she thrown her boss in the first 2 episodes  to clam  over ( me I want her to be hold responsibility  too not gain from that) 

But it all will be different  if she was the one behind  the fake witness  and massage :smirk:

You right the death prosecutor  cases going to doomed  them all the question  is who going to use the same case to attack  other and come clean first ( had less damage  and can  rise again later)  

Okay for me all of the should disappear  they nothing worth the titles  the hold  

They just a gangster  who their weapons  is power harassment  and their goal  own profits as one and group  

Yes I agree we saw she obsessed  enough  already  so I know she more then can do that 

I dont know about delaying  things as i wrote 

I dont mind more seasons but had fear of what may happen  and stop that 

That remind me on  my favorite   muilty  seasons  dramas God of quiz I have season  favorite  then other and I had my good and bad thoughts  about all the seasons  but in  general  I like it and like the characters  growing and all emotional  cases  there so i dont mind  having another one with forest of secrets  ( not waiting years between  each season  sure) 

Leaving things to next season is also something I don't want to happen. I do suspect they might go for the fake witness one in this season and leave PGS's case next season, because it is too much for 2 episodes to cover, considering they'll have to give some closure too, plus everything about investigative rights should come to conclusion too.

You are right about Choi Bit, but what if she was more involved in PGS's case than just covering it up. We'll hopefully get to see what actually had happened then. But then again, she always has plans up her sleeve and can get away. She has info, knowledge is power and knows how to use it all, which actually made me suspect her for being behind the witness. Things fall too easily together, the prosecution branch which took the past cases of fake witness was same as KSH. Now maybe we are overthinking and things could be simple, but if KSH was meticulous enough to plan like that, wouldn't he think about his connection and fake witness' be also come into light, given the fact that the witness had criminal record which would make Police force investigate him too. 

I actually want both WTH and Choi Bit and anyone involved to be getting the fruits of their deeds. They both didn't really care much about SDJ, when they decided to suddenly set up the council meeting, so that SM and YJ do not dig much into PGS's case while investigating SDJ's case. I mean they literally gave it up, which at least WTH shouldn't have since he was a fellow prosecutor. So no matter what their reasons was, they both are trash and a virus for their organization who will bring them down, instead of protecting it, for which they have been shamelessly covering up cases for years maybe. 

As for the seasons, I don't mind them, but yes I want all conclusion here, because in Kdramas, we never know whether we'll be getting a new season or not or when. We got this second season after about 3 years. You never know when the next one would come. So it is better to conclude the story and go with new story but same cast and some connections with past seasons' plot in the new season. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

As for the seasons, I don't mind them, but yes I want all conclusion here, because in Kdramas, we never know whether we'll be getting a new season or not or when. We got this second season after about 3 years. You never know when the next one would come. So it is better to conclude the story and go with new story but same cast and some connections with past seasons' plot in the new season. 

I am pretty sure nothing will be pushed to next season. And as far as the investigation right thing, the writer won't give any conclusion as to which side it would go. She would present the facts. Just like she did in Life, I was worried about the ending but it did end quite realistically. And I am pretty sure she is already working on her next project and she would like to do something different this time. SF2 was never on their plan. It was because Cho Seungwoo in the Baeksang awards mentioned that he wants to do till S5 if possible. And then the investigation rights issue came up in South Korea, that is when she decided to go for it. So, unless she finds a theme suitable for S3, it's not gonna happen.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I am pretty sure nothing will be pushed to next season. And as far as the investigation right thing, the writer won't give any conclusion as to which side it would go. She would present the facts. Just like she did in Life, I was worried about the ending but it did end quite realistically. And I am pretty sure she is already working on her next project and she would like to do something different this time. SF2 was never on their plan. It was because Cho Seungwoo in the Baeksang awards mentioned that he wants to do till S5 if possible. And then the investigation rights issue came up in South Korea, that is when she decided to go for it. So, unless she finds a theme suitable for S3, it's not gonna happen.

Hopefully it will be like you are saying. I am looking forward to the writer's next work. Life is in my watchlist, I'll have to see when I'll find time to watch it, but surely will try to follow her next drama weekly like I did with this one. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1