[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

I feel sorry for Choi Bit but she made a bad choice. Perhaps majority of people would have chosen to do what the boss told them. I hope Woo Tae Ha was alone in his plan. No, I am sure he did not tell Choi bit about the plan to frame the police.

Kim Sa Hyun was behind the fake witness but the mastermind was not him. It was Woo Tae ha.

At least Kim Ha Kyun has guilty conscience and he does`t aprove what his friend did but he is an accomplice.

He was right. If it was not Shi Mok`s determination to resolve the case, Woo Tae hae would have been an accomplice of murder. He did not care that he framed a police officer, an innocent man. He did not care what will happen to Dong Jae. And he wants to enter politics. Oh God! These kind of people enter politics and they make laws to benefit themselves.

I felt sorry for Yeo Jin because her heart broke when she find out about her chief involvement in cover up.

Woo Tae Ha is shameless. He wants to drag Yeo jin in an investigation. And he threated Shi Mok too.

I want them to bring down Prosecutor Woo. They will find evidence that he was involved not only in the cover up of Park Kwang So and hanjo but he was behind the fake witness too.

My favorite moment: When Shi Mok and Yeo Jin exchanged text messages and yeo Jin sent him emojis. :lol:The surprised look at Shi Mok!!!! :w00t:

And I like the scene with Yeo Jin and Choi Bit too.

One more episode!!!!:tears: I am going to miss this show. I hope the writer will give us Stranger3/ Forest of secrets 3.

• Like 8
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can`t believed how fast the subtitles come. YAY!   I also missed Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. Just seing them work or live like ordinary people was enough.   The case just started. Somet

My heart is full of joy      All well that ends well.   Truly an excellent second season.  True friends will find each other      The End.    Till S

Can we stop loving them even behind the scenes?

The more I rewatch, the more I am amazed how little details are incorporate. In ep 2, when the Intelligence Bureau director was arrested, Shin jae young said that prosecution is making a big fuss about leaking an information and it seemed like someone had a personal vendetta against him. At that time, CB's expression were weird. I thought she was after him but it was Woo. He was mad at him for leaving in that mess alone. And the reason that director agreed to get investigated is because Woo could have charged him with more serious crimes.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
3 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

The more I rewatch, the more I am amazed how little details are incorporate. In ep 2, when the Intelligence Bureau director was arrested, Shin jae young said that prosecution is making a big fuss about leaking an information and it seemed like someone had a personal vendetta against him. At that time, CB's expression were weird. I thought she was after him but it was Woo. He was mad at him for leaving in that mess alone. And the reason that director agreed to get investigated is because Woo could have charged him with more serious crimes.

Yeh totally  with you in that 

Forest of secrets  is a script  where every words and events  would had meaning later it like a ghost that will come to hunt you later for sure 

I really like the writer  for that:heart:  when i wrote before that i suspect  the third person  would be the Choi boss or the one now or the one that get arrested  in the early  episodes it was from the logic  that only this two would be able to give that order and give that big promotion  where she a higher  up from anyone in the police  beside this two 

But I forgot  totally  about that scene on ep 2 when they talk about personal  agenda  for arresting him since in that time I was suspect  Choi was behind that arrest  since she want to claim  higher to her boss position as they tried to hint with her scene with YJ  in his office  later   

So again all the  respects  for the writer  for writing   agood web of event's  

• Like 6

LCJ  life journey  and death still the pain and fear for all the characters  the new and old one 

Everyone  who know him will or didnt know him at all , if they understand  from where he was born as monster or just they misunderstand his true it doesn't  matter  after all he still the biggest  Lesson  they all had to learn somehow  

Seeing the writer  keep bringing her masterpiece  character  LCJ  as the main fear and pain for all the characters say  lot 

It doesn't  matter what you are you still can be lost in fog some wake up soon and stopped  in the start, some in the middle  and some before the ending  

But some also keep being lost so are they lose all what left from their beliefs and be a really monster who has no regret  or some their left belief  keep making them suffer  till they become  a different  kind of monster if they dont choice to stop ( like LCJ) 

YJ  decided  to do what right even if it destroy  the person she respect  so much was not just  the justice  on her who made her can do that, it was also  the understanding that  Choi may ended like LCJ  and she herself  can be end like Choi if she continue , she wake up since she finally  realize that not being flexible  like they all was asking her to be it just the same road to hell she witness  before 

She has to stop Choi since destroy  her career  now better  then letting her destroy  herself  later 

P.s. LCJ  dear you still a live you still the best masterpiece  character  and the words he said was the conclusion  to all what happened and will happen 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Season 3 is a must!!!

[Naver TV] 'Stranger' Season 2 Episode 15 Comments and Reaction

One year ago on that day, the architect of the prosecutors' meeting was Choi Moosung! Choi Moosung who teams up with Yoon Seah again

1. [+366][-2] Wow.. was Woo Taeha a slightly chubbier Gumiho then, not a bear...

(T/N: The Gumiho and bear descriptions refer to Korean folktales: Gumiho/fox is used to describe someone cunning and clever and a bear is used do describe someone innocent and unassuming.)

2. [+213][-2] Woo Taeha said even Hwang Simok doesn't know, does that mean he doesn't know himself?? He's doing politics ?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Yeonjae is sneering ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+210][-4] Huk! His in-laws ?? .... I understand why they chose Choi Moosung., his appearance..

4. [+162][-2] It's amazing that the story came from the Tongyeong case in episode 1 all the way to the end here

5. [+149][-2] The foolish bear was actually a fox???? What on earth did they do with Park Kwangsoo

Spoiler

1. [+652][-3] Look at Kim Sahyun's diction ... I'm seriously going to watch this scene again several times ㅠ

2. [+532][-9] So Kim Sahyun knew that Woo Taeha was the accomplice and just looked past it, Seo Dongjae you should be grateful to Simok, he found you all by himself

3. [+491][-1] As expected... Seo Dongjae and Kim Sahyun were both the same type.. the type that only commits trifling corruption

4. [+476][-2] Even then at least Sahyun knows he should be grateful to Simok

5. [+386][-2] Kim Sahyun,, it wasn't that he was angry because Simok searched the room, but it was actually that he was upset because a junior with whom he thought he'd gotten close to had suspected him,,

1. [+543][-3] Looking at the fact that Lee Sungjae didn't appear, are you hinting at Season 3, writer-nim?

2. [+521][-0] Then are you taking the warrant to Chief Woo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sahyun and Simok's chemistry is love too

3. [+377][-0] Following Kim Sahyun is almost a burden ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+316][-1] There should be lots of people like Simok and Yeojin

5. [+301][-0] Is this a confirmation of Season 3? Thank you

Source

AGB Nielsen ratings

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Episode 10 (9/13/20):  7.203% (8.031% Seoul)

Episode 11 (9/17/20):  6.843% (8.017% Seoul)

Episode 12 (9/18/20): 7.458% (8.707% Seoul)

Episode 13 (9/26/20): 7.179% (7.755% Seoul)

Episode 14 (9/27/20):  8.831% (10.312% Seoul)

Episode 14 (10/3/20):  8.307% (9.589% Seoul)

Source

2nd and 3rd parts of TMI videos subbed.

The saddest thing I've ever heard from Yeojin~~ I'm sad for all us female who are making a difference in the world on our own merits.  Choi Bit has just set back decades of change for people like YeoJin.  

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 3.55.37 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-03 at 3.55.48 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-03 at 3.56.10 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-03 at 3.56.29 PM

CR:  Netflix

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Seeing how disappointed Yeo Jin was made me realize how Shimok might have felt when LCJ revealed everything and jumped right in front of him. He could sense the disappointment in her eyes. That's why he went to meet Choi Bit and asked her to take responsibility for what she has done. 

Sorry I missed  you post before 

So you too think that it really Choi that SM  go to meet that night ? 

Glad I am not the only one who think like that, I was even thinking I am over reading  into it when I wrote about it  ( really if he did that, it mean a lot coming  from him ) 

And yes he so understanding  her feeling  and he more worry about her then she herself  worry  about herself  now telling her that woo  did mean it and when she answer  she know he capable  of doing it he did that moving in his eyes   and show he not okay with it 

His worry face in his room and me thinking he go to meet Choi  to make sure YJ  safe he wouldn't  ask directly  but he know how to bring that out 

8 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Though I am worried about HSM and HYJ's future now since even the people in the high power was involved in this mess. Who can protect them? Before it was prosecutors vs Hanjo and other corrupt people. Chief Kang and his team went all out for HSM. Now? :blink: :wacko:

Yes I am worry  they will be okay whatever  they will face cause they those kind if people  who ready to pay the price 

But I am still worry since we the people  who not okay if anything  happened  with them :heartbreak:

8 hours ago, penelop3 said:

AND by now, it should be noted by everybody - both in prosecution and police department, that nobody should mess with HSM. You hire a big blade, you get whacked with the big blade. :lol:

Yeh only two people  know that well it LYJ  and chief  kang 

They both laughed  at WOO and KSH  when they though they can control or use SM  well :joy:

Kang was right SM  is a really dangerous  blade , but he also was right about not approved bringing SM  back and in that position  he know he going to destroy  all of them as said before everyone  has sins but he said that cause he was worry for SM  

" you a sharp blade they going to try to use you till they realize  that you to much sharp  and uncontrollable and then they will decide to throw you back in drawer, you have being through  that before " and it about the prosecutor  right " if you messed this time it about losing what we was trying to keep for 70 years" 

So I understand  more and more that kang was against his return because  he know he not fit there but more cause he was worry  about him more then worry  about the rights  this time it not going to be just thrown  him again into the drawer :fearful:   

• Like 10

:lol: After watching last night’s ep, I feel like I need to publicly apologize for suspecting KSH now.  For suspecting him.  But if he levelled everything on WTH, it still doesn’t explain how he knew about the Police watch on the note?  And what about Jang’s bruised cheek?  Was there a deleted scene somewhere which could’ve explained that?  

Off Topic

Spoiler

With what’s unfolding in the White House right now, I am getting Designated Survivor flashbacks with each news article that’s being released.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Nice catch! I guess I reaally need to rewatch. 

7 hours ago, larus said:

My favorite moment: When Shi Mok and Yeo Jin exchanged text messages and yeo Jin sent him emojis. :lol:The surprised look at Shi Mok!!!! :w00t:

Aah.. yes! Me too! This scene is cute! 

TBH, I don't think 1 ep will be enough to cover all the bases and holes. This should be 20 eps drama not 16! *excuses *cough cough. 

• Like 8

final  episode  today and still waiting to see LYJ  father and brother ( are they pushing them to the final  to make a new opening  fight  in the end or they just will never appear )

I will not like that made LYJ  fighting  names all the drama, her part of the story has important  role, and her scenes at first part of the drama to prove  herself  was great ( I will wait for final, but I hope they didnt have to really give up filming  some scenes cause the covid I still sure about it since we had a really short episode  sometime compared to what they should give  ) 

And what about Jang ? we know better  that every  words count here in this drama so that face change and scare on his face cannot come from nothing  in the writen part :sweating:

Are we need to be ready  for more twist and shock today ?  

more  important  YJ  and SM  be safe and happy as CSW  said himself  in the interview  "this two are  the hope of the world"  and let me add that they  also our life's happiness  and hope 

16 minutes ago, cafe99 said:

I need a 3rd season of forest, i don't want this wonderful and excellent written/acted series to end.

1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

TBH, I don't think 1 ep will be enough to cover all the bases and holes. This should be 20 eps drama not 16! *excuses *cough cough. 

Totally with you here   I want more  Sad Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Like 6

Wahaha so I was right that no way KSH is bad given so little screen time but sad that it’s WTH is the baddie after all coz I do like the actor but the character he plays here is deeply flawed. Conceited, ambitious and callous. He doesn’t care if his ‘inactions’ jeopardise others and justifies himself.  KSH acted as his conscience but didn’t do enough.  
But WTH’s  ‘crime’ (if we can call it that), it seems so trivial- hiding the death of an ex colleague doesn’t seem so grave? There was no murder involved or was there? Rem the comment that ChoiBit made about the dashcam being turned off? Why was it turn off? And how did PARK really die-was it really a heart attack? So was he murdered by someone else after all? And WTH’s boss, another shady character who knew everything and covered up!! Surely he shd be indicted too? 

I was concerned that the last two episodes will be rushed but the writer did a brilliant job tying the details together very neatly in a single episode! Impressive! 

But even as I enjoy season 2, I felt that we were being led down the rabbit’s hole

for a plot that turned out to be trivial with no grand conspiracy as it was for Season 1. Let’s hope the last episode tonight will make me eat my words! 

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, nona88 said:

final  episode  today and still waiting to see LYJ  father and brother ( are they pushing them to the final  to make a new opening  fight  in the end or they just will never appear )

I have a feeling they will never appear because I don’t see them in the cast list.  Unless it’s a cameo.  

• Like 5
5 hours ago, cafe99 said:

I need a 3rd season of forest, i don't want this wonderful and excellent written/acted series to end.

If there will be a part 3 i hope the scripwriter and the Directornim will make YJ and SM fall in love at that time

• Like 7

Tbh the main plot doesn't seem trivial to me, it's all about corruption: it's not only on a grand scale, but in the everyday acts that led people to corruption. It's not a fireworks event or "big-bad-crime" it's the small things that pile up, and pile up and pile up 'till you end being part of that corruption. It evens drags down people who was honest (either by mistakes, by own will or by believing they were doing the right thing). Besides, 2 times (i think) Crime and Punishment (Dostoyevski's) was mentioned, and there, the protagonist (Raskolnikov), is someone who commits murder in search of doing some good, but in the end is another person stained by corruption.

There's a quote i love and that illustrates what happens with corruption: 

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Great episode, great job by the writer and our cast to add just the right amount of emotional beats to the scenes as the lies are unraveling.  I feel every disappointment and conflict by YeoJin, the regrets of Choi Bit, the desperation by WTH... everything is magnified for us through ShiMok's silent and dignified stance.  Just wonderful drama in this episode.

9 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Yeah! At the time, I thought CB wanted to do the honorable thing as the police chief who wants to take care of her own director. In actuality, she remembered their involvement and Woo's anger at the scene that night so she must have suspected WTH leaked to the media the director's identity.  In a way, I understand why she couldn't break her relationship with WTH even if she wants to, knowing the vindictive person he is.  She could have stopped but with a daughter, the choice is no longer just based on her alone.  CB reluctantly comes to these meetings with WTH.  She must stay cooperative as partner in crime with him but does she trust him? No.  Now that she knows WTH sets the police up with the fake witness, she knows he's more than willing to throw her under the bus so the agreement is off.  WTH underestimated CB just as he did with SM.  WTH's arrogance will be his downfall.  

13 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Seeing how disappointed Yeo Jin was made me realize how Shimok might have felt when LCJ revealed everything and jumped right in front of him. He could sense the disappointment in her eyes. That's why he went to meet Choi Bit and asked her to take responsibility for what she has done. 

I totally love Shi Mok and Yeo Jin's arcs this season!!!  If you equate last season as their dating period,  this season is how their marriage supposed to be.  Their relationship is the stuff we all dream of.  They talk, they look out for one another, they push each other to be better.  They lend emotional support when the other falters.  They understand each other's pain wordlessly.

Good catch.  Preview of E16 shows ShiMok meeting Choi Bit while she wore the same outfit as when she talked to Yeojin.  I agree, he went to see Choi Bit that night.  ShiMok knows he still has the chance to prevent the damage done to Yeojin's career by appealing to Choi Bit's last bit of decency, mainly pinning his hope on CB's feelings about YJ.  I think he can tell from the director's story that CB was pressured by her superior to show up that night.  That moment in episode 2 when Kang caught SM asking for a favor resonates again and again in the later episodes, including this one.  Honestly, I can't say enough how incredibly well thought out the writing is this season.  Just like SDJ, SM is a changed man from one in season 1.  He understood how humane and easy it is to allow a mistake to take over your life.  What is even more amazing is SM has now shown a little of YeoJin's ideal in believing that people will choose to do the right thing if is given the chance.  He wants to give Choi Bit a second chance to correct her mistake and do right thing this time given the stakes against YeoJin.  

When Yeojin got the answer from the ex director, she was devastated.  The hesitation in Doona Bae's voice, almost cracking, her eyes... and Shi Mok silently noticing, not saying much, but understood the devastation and pain, just as she did in the stairwell of his headache.  The moment was so powerful.  Bae Doona was golden in this episode.  Amazing acting by her this episode.

50413666928_20896c0190_b.jpg

50414376106_f6e825cf8b_b.jpg

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 5.44.26 PM

Credit: Netflix

14 hours ago, nona88 said:

Choi she seemed  to choice to go first and betray woo  I am not sure if it ger sense  if duty  or she feeling bad after talking with YJ  or if she really controling damage  going up first damage herself but the prosecutors  more and still save some face for the police   but at least she not going to join hand and bury  it and YJ  future too  

After the director's arrest, CB asked YJ

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 5.43.59 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-03 at 5.44.11 PM

At the time, it was a hypothetical question to gauge Yeo Jin's resourcefulness and loyalty.  Episodes later, she warned Yeo Jin of the same.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 4.25.26 PMScreen Shot 2020-10-03 at 4.25.37 PM

Credit: Netflix

The same sentiment that LCJ said to ShiMok before his suicide.  They won't let themselves be controlled by others.  CB will choose to end things on her own terms.  She knows very well what she has done and the one thing that she fought hard for her whole life is to be in control of her own fate.   I don't think she is naive or delusional and immoral like WTH.  She is calculating and ruthless because she has a good pulse on people and situation.  Between WTH and CB, I root for her to beat him at his game.  The presscon scene at the end was such a AHA moment. LOL  She is ahead of him unknowingly to WTH.  I hope she will take accountability for what happened.  Her ambition dooms her, it was a slippery slope that she was more than willing to slide down.  I don't feel too sorry for her, especially when she tried to convince YJ last minute to stay silence in exchange for a promotion.  That was the last straw for YJ.  Whatever intel she has over WTH, whatever she held back over the years.. it's judgement time for WTH.

@nona88 Kang transferred SM out to protect him. He knows the next time SM uncovers another corruption, the upper may not let him go that easy.  A little of it is also of how and what he will be forced to do when SM gets into trouble again.  He, Kang, would have to weigh risking his own career to save SM.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, ilovenico said:

But WTH’s  ‘crime’ (if we can call it that), it seems so trivial- hiding the death of an ex colleague doesn’t seem so grave? There was no murder involved or was there? Rem the comment that ChoiBit made about the dashcam being turned off? Why was it turn off? And how did PARK really die-was it really a heart attack? So was he murdered by someone else after all? And WTH’s boss, another shady character who knew everything and covered up!! Surely he shd be indicted too? 

I think that's what the show wants to highlight that no crime is trivial. Woo Tae Ha being a prosecutor arranged a meeting with female escorts to fulfill his ambition of becoming a politician. On top of that, instead of reporting his death, he tried to conceal that. CB, though i can understand her but she still chose to help him cover up in exchange for a higher position. The people who are supposed to protect the law and indict criminals do things like this, what hope do we have as a common people? On the top layer as Woo said, it was neither a homicide nor a very big corruption but that will lead to fall of the system. What about PGS? If Woo wouldn't have arranged that meeting, may be PGS wouldn't have to die, I am assuming he died after drinking a little bit of alcohol. Everyone knew that his body can't take alcohol. Let's say this case would have remained buried, in future both Woo and CB would turn a blind eye to each other's mistake. To keep their cover up hidden, Woo even endangered Dong jae's life, a police officer could have been wrongly indicted, two families would have been destroyed. Both CB and Woo wanted Dong jae to be gone for good just because they didn't want their secret to be out. 

As LCJ said in his letter to Shimok, the malaise in the system is killing people. If nothing is done, the system itself would fall.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, cafe99 said:

There's a quote i love and that illustrates what happens with corruption: 

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

Ahhhh, that's the quote from the drama Whisper right?  

From the same drama, just as appropriate here,

Everyone changes his mind, that's why the world never change.

Corruption can't never be stopped.  No reform and change can be made for no one has the resolve to stick with his/her conscience.  We see it again with the characters in Stranger.

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I can't say enough how incredibly well thought out the writing is this season.  Just like SDJ, SM is a changed man from one in season 1.  He understood how humane and easy it is to allow a mistake to take over your life.  What is even more amazing is SM has now shown a little of YeoJin's ideal in believing that people will choose to do the right thing if is given the chance.  He wants to give Choi Bit a second chance to correct her mistake and do right thing this time given the stakes against YeoJin.  

Yes @bedifferent.  Loved everything you said here. I can't thank the writer enough for giving us these great character development. As I have said in earlier post, Shimok is very well written as it involves risk, him being not able to process emotions. I have seen in other dramas where the emotional less ML/FL ends up crying and i would be clueless as to how they can cry. But here she has taken care not to over do things. 

• Like 9
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2