[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Just finished!!.. So many of you have analysed it already..my opinion may be a repeat of what was already discussed but let me just say it anyway..:D

today's episode was intense.. My heart was beating fast the whole time... It was really fast comparing to the build up episodes... 

Now we will have to wonder how YJ and SM overcome the blockade from CB and WTH and whoever had used the witness to delay the investigation.. :huh:

Wish the last two episodes are not rushed and end hurriedly.. :blink:

The preview looks bad... WTH issuing threat... :angry:

Happy SDJ is alive.. Though I hated him in Season 1...:astonished:

• Like 9

Let me start with the most important thing. Dong Jae is ALIVE! Thank God! 

I am glad that my initial observation was right. I saw that Dong Jae was kidnapped by somebody young who panicked or someone who was short tempered. I even voted by the "survivor" from drowning case. That made sense. Now we know what happened in Tongyeong. I can understand the frustration and desperation of Kim Hu-Jeong about those bullies but he should not do what he did. Why he did not talk with his father who seams to be a powerful man? But I don`t think he had a good relationship with his father either.  I like how Shi Mok conducted the interview/interogation. He put himself easily in the victim`s shoes because he was bullied in school too. The tension/stress for Kim Hu Jeong was very high. He finally confessed in the car.

I thought from the beginning that the fake witness and all the masquerade with the bloody tie was not the work of Hu Jeong. It did not make sense that he would have sent the police messages. I still suspect Kim Sa Hyun right now but whatever it was shame on him/them. I wish Shi Mok will discover the one who orchestrate this farse just to put the police in the bad light and divert attention from the actual investigation. This person obstracted justice. One thing is for the petty criminal to make a false declaration for money and the other is for a person of the law to put this criminal to make false statement. Thank God for Shi Mok and Yeo Jin that discovered Tongyeong conection in time. Because of this fake situation, Dong Jae could have been dead.

Next Shi Mok will investigate further the case of Park Kwang So`s death. Of course Woo Tae Ha, Choi Bit and Hanjo will not like it. Go Go Go, Shi Mok and Yeo Jin! Find out everything!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Wait...how did KSH know about the watch/clock with the Police flowers found on the photo by forensics?  Was that common knowledge? 

No, it's not but his tie was in the news.  His wife described what he wore that day from CCTV.  Mr Park asked about this newsclip after LYJ viewed it. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.54.00 AM

We are down to a few suspects. 

Someone needs to come up with the story for Jeon Gi Hyeok as the false witness.  Only WTH went to the crime scene to do surveillance; was the time he noticed the house with the stairs.  We did not see KSH around the scene but WTH did notice a few cigarette butts when he was there. HAHA.  WTH was nervous, playing around with his lighter, and was on the phone.  I don't think he would have time to enjoy a leisurely smoke here.

The green cigarette lighters have to play a role here... clueing us - the prosecutor who set up the false witness is a smoker.   The person surveyed the scene for a while from seeing how many cigarettes he consumed.  It's from this person that Jeon Gi Hyeok got his false story from.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.11.03 PM

If KSH took the photo from his grand(mother)'s house, the clock has to be in the house... unless it is a watch after all.  Besides KSH, CB also smokes.

The note still bothers me.  I washed the dishes. Too late.  KSH mentioned about living with LCJ in the dormitory where like SM's roomie, must have done dishes late at night.   How does this note relate to the bloody tie?  The meaning of the note still escapes me.

We came full circle to episode one.  A cover up by a lawyer named OJS prevented a thorough investigation of the Tongyeon drowning accident which lead to more cover ups and more lives turned upside down.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Not only is Dong Jae alive, our dream team got him :'')

Gosh but the preview isn't looking good with Kim Sa Hyun and Woo Tae Ha pissed off with our Si Mok. Pretty sure he's got the right guess, KSH decided to put a spin on the 'propitious' happenings with Dong Jae...

That said, we got our answer - Si Mok didn't get to see CP Kang that morning, so he went in and talked to Oh Joo Sun (and ate the bait) without knowing. Zzz that's not looking good for our CP Kang and HSM senior-junior line. Si Mok looked disappointed and CP Kang looked gutted standing by the window. 

Also, did they just kick us at the beginning with Chang Joon's ghost voice calling Yeon Jae, Director Park too looked a bit hmmm...

And the Eun Soo feels :''( Now HSM just needs to think about the one person left in jail for it all to be complete.

But damn, Dong Jae is alive. I all but gave up hope too. Now 2 episodes left, I'm almost dreading the end. Is it too early to ask for season 3? We only got some extra Si Mok and Yeo Jin this season. Two episodes isn't enough time for us to enjoy them to reaching peak teamwork and slam dunk the truth home.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

The note still bothers me.  I washed the dishes. Too late.  KSH mentioned about living with LCJ in the dormitory where like SM's roomie, must have done dishes late at night.   How does this note relate to the bloody tie?  The meaning of the note still escapes me.

Dont tell me it normal note like some note someone  leave to his family  or apartment  partner  that ye finish  the dished  and they used it since it cant be connected  to anyone of them hand written  any one can use it from his family or partner notes 

And really dont tell me it from the time LCJ  live with KSH  like one of them left  for other (more like LCJ  did) I am going crazy here  

You right the choicing  note bother YJ  and SM  and still bother  us till now 

And let me note that all the junior  and senior  issues  in Korea bothered  me in all the dramas even in private  sector's  it was starting  with respect  tradition from ages but trun to be power harassment and  level  of control   in works and school's  

I know it well from  previous dramas but still to see how much power that line of level  in legal  world still hurt, I know it reality  but can't  accept they need a more senior  judge  to get a legal right  when in  the law itself their no high power cause you senior  or junior  as judge  you still has the right to decide  independently

but here we go the prosecutor's  and judge cant beat  the senior  and junior  power since it a power they used to deal with since first grade  in school till the last moment  of theirs  life in any kind of work , that what the social ask from them and they will be doomed  if they cant find a more seniors  backing them from the same social power even if they didnt  anything  wrong . Everyone  on their social  work will make them pay since yes they want that system  to stay.

• Like 9

Random thought:  What if KSH actually uses the false witness and bloody tie photo to stir up a bee's nest with the intention of exposing the corruption by the prosecution?  He was shown suspicious of WTH in the beginning?  What if his goal is to force a move by all the guilty parties?

What if he is like LCJ, his roommate? 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

We are down to a few suspects

I have seen people suspecting Jang Geon but I never bothered with that. But today's episode made me to. I felt he was deliberately delaying SDJ'S rescue. And anyone noticed the bruises on his face when he met Kim Ju Heong in the detention cell. Also, that fake witness gave a weird look to Jang Geon. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

51 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I have seen people suspecting Jang Geon but I never bothered with that. But today's episode made me to. I felt he was deliberately delaying SDJ'S rescue. And anyone noticed the bruises on his face when he met Kim Ju Heong in the detention cell. Also, that fake witness gave a weird look to Jang Geon. 

I did not noticed. I will be shocked if this is going to happen. We`ll see. Two more episodes. WHY! I need another drama of this writer. I like her style.

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

It looks likle a secret message for someone. Yes, the note doesn`t make sense to us right now.

• Like 7

Great directing, cinematography and acting this episode. 
however I don’t understand how the kid could do everything himself? Attack, kidnapped and dumped DJ who has much bigger body built than him? I need an logical explanation. How could he know that area has no camera. I feel a little bit annoyed if they close the kidnapping case just like that. I need better explanation. 
Same with Segok case and all the scratches on the police hands and investigation at the crime scene....for nothing? 
Someone helps me cos i feel a bit disappointed with those illogical things, acceptable with other drama but not with Stranger!!

• Like 7

Why jang  is a suspect now ?   I know I should accept all the possibility  here but give me a break we had enough  people  involved  already please no more 

Okay there one other  possiblity  I am refusing  to even think about even when all the hints  and mood of this season  trying to push me there, it YJ  somehow  get more involved  then we all know , I know that  crazy no not just crazy I refuse to even accept  that, but all her talk this season  was trying to hint for more darker struggle and about how we still wonder if something bigger  happened with her  in the last two years 

But I believe  I need to believe  that the writer  will never go this crazy to surprise us she  didnt make her be like that in season 1 when we was ready for that possibility even if it break our heart 

So please leave them out , the people  who survived all the dirty and power in season 1 let SM  , YJ, Jang and his team out of this , we really need to breath some hope here in life 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, an-naum said:

I really dont like the overcontrolling father in this episode. He totally play a part to his son mentality. Throwing a person into a ravine, that's crazy!! He kept SDJ inside a closet, bleeding and no food or water given! Heartless!

4 hours ago, larus said:

I can understand the frustration and desperation of Kim Hu-Jeong about those bullies but he should not do what he did. Why he did not talk with his father who seams to be a powerful man? But I don`t think he had a good relationship with his father either.  I like how Shi Mok conducted the interview/interogation. He put himself easily in the victim`s shoes because he was bullied in school too. The tension/stress for Kim Hu Jeong was very high. He finally confessed in the car.

What I found excellent in season 2, a change from season 1, is the writer throwing forth all these questions about the journeys, the reasons, the stories of why ordinary people under extraordinary circumstances make certain decisions to eventually lead them down the wrong path.  We saw how it was for the Segeok police officers. They bullied Capt Song to keep him silence over their wrongdoings.  They continue to bury the truth, more or less refused to take accountability for their involvement in his suicide.  I really like that in season 2, we have more than just one super baddie.  We have normal people committing crimes that are just as hideous; people who needed help and interventions yet unable to or was not recognized by authorities and families until they could no longer stop themselves from making things worse.  If the bullying was reported or stopped by Capt Baek, he would have prevented the suicide by Capt Song. The authorities failed them all, instead focusing on bettering their power, not doing the jobs that are required of them.

For Kim Hu Jeong, his life was afloat by his will to stay silence in hope of a better day.  The mentality of a son who is clearly afraid of his overbearing father and his expectations.  So he studied hard, kept the school bullying a secret from his parent, cooperated with school counselor.... all so that he can fulfill his father's wish of a prestigious college admission in exchange for freedom to pursuit his love of music.  Their relationship is driven by the father who relies on power to control aspects of his son's life.  KHJ must have felt trapped; the pressure built inside his mind just like ShiMok.. to a point that he must have exploded and lost control.  Unlike ShiMok who has Yeo Jin to recognize his stress and have compassion to be there when he is in pain, to give him comfort when he needed, to encourage him to share his pain with another person... KHJ couldn't rely on his father for any of these.  In addition to questioning KHJ why he didn't confide, his father should have asked himself why he didn't recognize the warning signs.  What infuriates and sad is to see his prosecutor father tried to cover up his son's wrongdoings instead of dealing with the truth.  KHJ eventually justified his drowning as revenge to assuage his guilt.  When he made the mistake worse by kidnapping Seo Dong Jae, KJH watched video of SDJ's wife... stopping himself from commenting.  "People like you have no conscience", he mused.  This is where I need help in interpreting the meaning.  Did KHJ think SDJ was not going to understand his predicament for murdering or is he projecting his feelings about his father here?  In any case, I do feel KHJ must have felt trapped since he didn't have the guidance and the support to do things differently.  I don't condone his crime, I feel sad that it's a tragic outcome of something possibly preventable.  Because of his inability to voice his problems, we have three families (plus Seo Dong Jae's) suffering in the end. 

I held out hope for Kang Won Cheol so was glad to see Shi Mok reminded his mentor of the lesson he dished in the past.  It helps that SM actually "empathizes" with Kang's dilemma since he experienced

first hand how easy it is to compromise your ethics for something you badly wanted.  I think this is why SM was firm cuz he expected Kang to follow the same standards set for himself.  We talked about how CB and WTH made things worse by not stopping the cover ups and not drawing the line at how far they are willing to go.  I am thrilled that CP Kang did stop. He admitted to SM about OJS.  He reconsidered what he was doing with LYJ's financial sheets.  It's a great point to observe that people are human.  We have to weigh our needs against doing the right thing.  We make mistakes but the most important thing is we know when to draw the line, listen to the right voices, and to stop us from making more mistakes.  I applaud SM for reaching out to help a friend when he sees the need to and CP Kang for trusting in his junior prosecutor.  I was so touch to hear Kang calling SM after SDJ was found.  They all feel responsible for Seo Dong Jae's well being.  The best way for SDJ to repay all their care and effort is to live a decent life as a human being.

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.20.40 AM

Source

AGB Nielsen rating, new highs.

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Episode 10 (9/13/20):  7.203% (8.031% Seoul)

Episode 11 (9/17/20):  6.843% (8.017% Seoul)

Episode 12 (9/18/20): 7.458% (8.707% Seoul)

Episode 13 (9/26/20): 7.179% (7.755% Seoul)

Episode 14 (9/27/20):  8.831% (10.312% Seoul)

Source

1 hour ago, farawayland said:

however I don’t understand how the kid could do everything himself? Attack, kidnapped and dumped DJ who has much bigger body built than him? I need an logical explanation. How could he know that area has no camera. I feel a little bit annoyed if they close the kidnapping case just like that. I need better explanation. 
Same with Segok case and all the scratches on the police hands and investigation at the crime scene....for nothing? 

I need Dong Jae to wake up and explain for us! :emmm:

The Segok's case... I think there was a struggle between Capt Song and Baek.  There is also the swab under the fingernail.  We must come back to the case and the suicide letter.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

30 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

AGB Nielsen rating, new highs.

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Episode 10 (9/13/20):  7.203% (8.031% Seoul)

Episode 11 (9/17/20):  6.843% (8.017% Seoul)

Episode 12 (9/18/20): 7.458% (8.707% Seoul)

Episode 13 (9/26/20): 7.179% (7.755% Seoul)

Source

WOW!!! EP 14 IS THE HIGHEST RATED EPISODE SINCE SEASON 1. 

• Like 11

My god... i cried tonight... it felt like i was living the same moment as JY, SM and DJ wife... this episode was a rollercoaster of emotions (mostly angst and cry). A masterpiece.

Also, I think SM superior (the prosecutor with glasses, the one who asked about if SDJ was alive and if he would wake up)

Spoiler

is behind DJ missing fake witness case... it would be truly disapointing to know he's now stained with corruption, and on top of that, towards a prosecutor colleague.

Besides, i hope they put guards for DJ, he's not free from danger.

• Like 8

After a cursory watch or Ep14 (I need to take screen shots to shore up my arguments)

1. huge sigh of relief that DJ is alive. The weasel lives.  He’s a survivor that one. 
2. KHJ was too scared after he kidnapped DJ, he beat him up but someone else provided water to DJ.  Who was that?  This someone is probably the person who planted the witness and letter?  The witness was cocksure.  He had someone high up backing him even if he was threatened with jail time.  More than likely a prosecutor with links higher up.

Top of my list 

1. KSH - he had some high judge on speed dial?  Just like that?  To get the warrant?  Even WTH didn’t have access to someone like that.

2. WTH - he’s dropped down on my list.  Like many mentioned here, whilst he was at the crime scene with the green lighter...it seemed way to convenient?  And there were the cigarette butts at the scene.

3. KHJ’s belligerent overbearing father.  He’s got the little lapel pin?  His first question to SM was which class he was in (Supreme Prosecutors Office).  There’s a hierarchy system there.  The older and more prestigious you are, the bigger your clout?  Somehow I doubt he would be the guy who planted the witness and wrote the note.  Unless he was trying to protect his son by diverting attention to a possible Police Officer being involved in the kidnapping? 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, farawayland said:

Great directing, cinematography and acting this episode. 
Someone helps me cos i feel a bit disappointed with those illogical things, acceptable with other drama but not with Stranger!!

I remember in episode 7 where Jang Geon said that with SDJ’s bodybuilt, the attacker must be bigger and stronger than him or there must be at least 2 persons who took care of SDJ. 

There must’ve been an accomplice but idk anymore. 

I feel happy watching episode 14 because you can see how determined the police and prosecution to get the warrant and imprison SDJ’s kidnapper when KHJ’s father went to the higher-ups for help (even though I know some are taking advantage of the situation and are actually an accomplice to the incident).

• Like 9

5 hours ago, pompyavi said:

I’m not suspecting Jang Geon but with the recent episode where he just stared silently at KHJ in the prison cell and then KHJ broke into tears, that creeped me out like wth JG?

• Like 6

Yesss....8.8% well deserved.

I think i judge Stranger unfairly sometimes. I would take all the nonsense in other dramas as given because they were no Stranger hahaha. 

In the drowning case, if the prosecutor didn’t close it quickly as a favour for someone, they probably would have found out what really happened. If the police or Choibit paid more attention to the story of the victim instead of being there for media play, they would have a different outcome and a life of a man was not at risk.
The writer tells us what would happen when the individual and organisation care more about their “rights” than the people “right”.  I love this writer so much. Such insightful and powerful writing. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, farawayland said:

The writer tells us what would happen when the individual and organisation care more about their “rights” than the people “right”.  I love this writer so much. Such insightful and powerful writing. 

I love how you describe writernim’s craftmanship in this series. Indeed, this is the reason why I love this type of drama always because there is always an underlying message in it (not to say that other genres don’t have life learnings in the end). And it also moves you to think, like you’re part of the investigation and is investigating on your own. Like we’re part of the team somewhere behind the scene backing the protagonists up. 

She also wrote a series called “Life” where Si-mok, Lee Chang-joon and Prosecutor Yoon were in. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Random thought:  What if KSH actually uses the false witness and bloody tie photo to stir up a bee's nest with the intention of exposing the corruption by the prosecution?  He was shown suspicious of WTH in the beginning?  What if his goal is to force a move by all the guilty parties?

What if he is like LCJ, his roommate? 

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

The Segok's case... I think there was a struggle between Capt Song and Baek.  There is also the swab under the fingernail.  We must come back to the case and the suicide letter.

That's my thought as well. Evidence for KSH so far are: 1) the fake witness is the criminal from his past office so very likely he knows him and blackmails him to be the fake witness, 2) he has the insider information from HSM's reports and discussion with WTH on the case, 3) the motive: to topple police force > with the fake photo, public's and prosecutors' have negative view on police, it'll be easy for their team to win the reformation law. 

However, if he's actually the brain behind the fake witness-photo, what's in it for him? Yes, prosecutor will win the battle but.. what will he benefitted from? Is it for power and career? Or money? He is now in National Assembly (? cant remember) working closely with other politicians and people in power, so is this his motive? To climb up the political ladder? 

I'm not sure if he's doing it on his own OR joint-forces with someone else. 
If he's like LCJ, he's the cartoon version of LCJ. I find it hard to believe that he has idealistic motive like LCJ. 

I wonder if HSM will share his suspicions with HYJ later. :o

Yaaay... 8.831%!!! 

This is another concern, will the Segok police case will have its closure? Is it murder or suicide? 
Now it seems that it's suicide from the handwriting analysis but is this the final conclusion? :o

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Yaaay... 8.831%!!! 

This is another concern, will the Segok police case will have its closure? Is it murder or suicide? 
Now it seems that it's suicide from the handwriting analysis but is this the final conclusion? :o

The scratches on Capt. Baek’s forehand might hint us that it wasn’t suicide. It seemed like Sgt. Song was trying to breathe, hence he held onto Capt. Baek’s hand for help but instead, someone from behind holding the rope was choking him. 

• Like 8