[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

I just love the way the writers have been tagging us all along.. If SDJs kidnapping is due to the Tongyeong incident which was unravelled yesterday..

The rollercoaster of the group of police being investigated, hanjo group getting cautious, and even Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha trying their level best to save themselves all because SDJ was kidnapped...

We were thinking that the group of police were the ones but was revealed otherwise last night.. 

I think Woo Tae Ha and Choi Bit may pay the consequences to some extend at the end of the series.. 

Brilliant writing and direction so far.. 

Expecting more twists in the coming episodes... 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

i think KSH picked up the green lighter from the restaurant (where he ate with SM and WTH). The 2 of them went out for a smoke but neither had lighters and WTH suggested going to the reception to get them.  

I still can’t solve the green lighter puzzle. I think WTH picked up a lighter from the restaurant as we saw him with one at the crime scene. CB was the last person we saw using one. Assuming that there is only one transferred from WTH to CB. Why did WTH and KSH need two lighters for their smoke? So I ruled out KSH as the one who released Dong-jae. 
I think there is another accomplice because the student would know which area didn’t have camera. Someone with inside knowledge in the police. Moving DJ need two ppl at least. 

KSH doesn’t seem to know about the fake witnesses from his reaction. But he probably had something to do with the ties. A lot of cases are connected to prosecutor Ryu but he is not the main player. The only one who could give him order is WTH. All the shady things from the prosecutor side is leading to WTH. With all the intel CB has, she is more likely the mastermind. Like Yeo-jin said, she has a plan for everything. 

I remember I saw on Twitter someone mentioned about new character whose name Has something to do with past General Minister in S1. The one Dong-jae secretly recorded and revealed him using the son on his duty to play golf. The General surname is Kim I think. His career was ruined after that scandal. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

It could be. But what we know is he is an assistant chief now and he was dispatched from Legislation committee. Is Ryu also an assistant chief? I suddenly realized SDJ and KSH crossed paths in that restaurant when they had a team dinner. 

My guess is KSH tried to take advantage of this and planted the fake witness. If the note was sent by him then either he is the mastermind or the note was also a fake.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

I think KSH picked up the green lighter from the restaurant (where he ate with SM and WTH). The 2 of them went out for a smoke but neither had lighters and WTH suggested going to the reception to get them.  

Yes, possible.^^

Do you remember when PGS was found dead?  Was it April 2018?  See, we need to have a timeline set up since things are going back to 2017.  Kim Sa Hyun was in Seongmon Criminal Division 2 in July 2017, thus he was transferred up to the Legislation Commitee between 2017-2019.   Ryu is not assistant chief.

The night after SDJ disappeared, KSH had a conversation in the office with SM late at night where they discussed whether Chief Woo would have someone frame CB to harm her reputation a little.  KSH mentioned the prosecution should prepare for anything. After this talk, the police received the photo.  In the same conversation, KSH mentioned that he bonded with LCJ over ramyeon.  All they did was talk and do laundry. Laundry, dishes... too late... is this anyway related to the note and LCJ?  I don't understand what is Kim Ju Heong's intention if he was the sender.

If it was KSH who sent the bloody tie picture, how did he know about SDJ's tie? I don't remember KSH having access to the police reports unless WTH told him or KJH gave him the tie afterward.  In the same bin of photos, I noticed that he has pictures with a little girl whom I am assuming is his daughter yet no wife.  Hope that's not important.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Dainora Petrauskaite said:

I thought the same. So I am thinking if writer wanted to do same with KSH as she did with Yoon in s.1: we got to know him liitle by little, he was snooping around SM, then joined investigation team, apologised to SM, got close to the team, made us fell in love with him and BAM he was the killer of s1. That's is similar to the KSH - I disliked him at first, then started to notice that he is not that bad, defending SH and I started to like him and now BAM - creating creepy scene when he is standing in front of a doors and being suspicious. I think he could be more important that we think. Again, only a thought. Can't really prove this.

Another KSH  story ah  I dont know how to feel about that, he was suspicious at first and after that poor nice guy and then we get not just him being a killer but he having a tragedy behind him, living in house with full of dust  and..... I can see more just the bomb  of what pain and criss  can be behind nice smile,  good dressing and shinning  career  :dissapointed_relieved:

So if he going to be the next  KSH  what pain cab hidden  behind that childish  and foolish  act I am having trouble  to imagine  it again 

( wow season 1 rock again  even with the bad guys  we can feel pain of their stories  till now) 

8 minutes ago, farawayland said:

I still can’t solve the green lighter puzzle. I think WTH picked up a lighter from the restaurant as we saw him with one at the crime scene. CB was the last person we saw using one. Assuming that there is only one transferred from WTH to CB. Why did WTH and KSH need two lighters for their smoke? So I ruled out KSH as the one who released Dong-jae. 
I think there is another accomplice because the student would know which area didn’t have camera. Someone with inside knowledge in the police. Moving DJ need two ppl at least. 

KSH doesn’t seem to know about the fake witnesses from his reaction. But he probably had something to do with the ties. A lot of cases are connected to prosecutor Ryu but he is not the main player. The only one who could give him order is WTH. All the shady things from the prosecutor side is leading to WTH. With all the intel CB has, she is more likely the mastermind. Like Yeo-jin said, she has a plan for everything. 

I remember I saw on Twitter someone mentioned about new character whose name Has something to do with past General Minister in S1. The one Dong-jae secretly recorded and revealed him using the son on his duty to play golf. The General surname is Kim I think. His career was ruined after that scandal. 

As I wrote before the question  here is of it the same person  ? 

Is it the same person who hit SDJ  and kidnapping  him??? Is it also the same person  who wrote and deleted  the online  post? Is it the same person  who send the tie and massage? The same person who make the witness  lie??  

I wrote a very long post about it two week  ago I think( maybe last week sorry  I can remember) but my point this case was so simple  if there weren't  so many people  trying to use it , so maybe yes it so simple  but they found zero clues  since after the boy hit him so many others  involved to help him without  them or him even  knowing  

It make me remember  a scene from a Japanese  drama where the killer  said in court  that he killed someone  and want to see how good the police  and prosecutors work and was prepared  to be catch but he get away for it for years since the police  and prosecutors  made mistakes and covered up and protect him all those years while protecting their pride and it the same here 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, farawayland said:

I don't remember his name but he was a 2 star army general. He used to have Park Kyung Wan drive him to golf course and SDJ was the one who found that out.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, farawayland said:

still can’t solve the green lighter puzzle. I think WTH picked up a lighter from the restaurant as we saw him with one at the crime scene. CB was the last person we saw using one. Assuming that there is only one transferred from WTH to CB. Why did WTH and KSH need two lighters for their smoke? So I ruled out KSH as the one who released Dong-jae.

I just thought the green lighter was just too “convenient” a clue?  The fact that WTH kept playing with it at the crime scene, and then again when CB went up on the roof with one?  I don’t know...but it just seemed way too obvious to “reveal” it to us?  Maybe I am just overly skeptical  :lol:.  Which is why I think KSH is the hidden mastermind.  And the guy with the green lighter from that little conversation at dinner.  A bit of a reach but Prosecutor Yoon was an outside chance as well.  He was not on the top of my list in S1.  Mainly because there was so little known about him and it was only during that rooftop party that revealed his dastardly nature.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

I just thought the green lighter was just too “convenient” a clue?  The fact that WTH kept playing with it at the crime scene, and then again when CB went up on the roof with one?  I don’t know...but it just seemed way too obvious to “reveal” it to us?  Maybe I am just overly skeptical  :lol:.  Which is why I think KSH is the hidden mastermind.  And the guy with the green lighter from that little conversation at dinner. 

@nrllee Green lighter was not obvious for most people. Only good “detective” could spot that detail :tounge_wink: Who is the guy at dinner? I can’t remember? 

WTH said he left when he knew it was about Hanjo lawsuit at the meeting. He probably lying...WTH might be the one whom PGS tried to recruit for Hanjo. Have to be influential prosecutor holding important position to sway thing for Hanjo. 

when WTH told LYJ if Don-jae was still around, he would cause more trouble for Hanjo. Hmmmm...just by saying that I put WTH on the top of suspect list. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, farawayland said:

Who is the guy at dinner? I can’t remember? 

O I meant the dinner scene when WTH treated SM and KSH showed up.  In Ep3.  I took screen shots from a post a few pages back.  When WTH and KSH excused themselves to head outside to smoke, neither had a lighter on them.  Then WTH said they should ask reception because they might have some.  So I thought that could be where they both picked up a green lighter.  We’re not shown because SM walks out then and tells them he’s done for the night.

• Like 3

Okay I was right to say sorry before since there no way i can live reacp this episode  i am totally still in the mood of watching even now 

Just one things another  one show how much dirty the connection  can be the father  of the kid is a lawyer  anb

d former  prosecutor ( I am not sure if he still prosecutor  I had my limited on Korean I think he still one )    he tried his connected  to get his son out 

Cant even talk how I feel about this little  information  made me angry  even when I was in the middle  of storm  of everything  also  that happened 

And SM  show a face we never  saw even in season  1 he was angry  no not just angry  as the SM  from season 1 he was burning from anger  

Sorry I cant talk about SDJ   even(  that crazy one has a really a good and big  living will:bawling:  he a live , yj smart tricking everyone that he isnt she did what she different with girl in season1)

The prosecutors  is doomed if they also involved  in the fake witness  and fake massage  their fight over the right Is over ( yes the kid didnt send that massage) 

okay  let me take a hour  to clam down and catch later  when I can talk about today  episode   it was emotional storm  for me 

Sorry again and everyone watch it as fast as it available to you  even raw it worth 

P.s. Choi is a ....... I hate her totally  hate her , yj was the only one who respected  the the victim  and Choi go to hell I hope by the end she also pay the price  I cant  accept her still enjoying  the posting  after this , 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Preview for episode 15... The drama will end next week.

Yes my comment  on the preview  it " later " 

The the later  that yj  said about before when thing's  should be said it now that time 

Looking at SM and YJ  face they dont care it time to break  everything  and destroy all their bosses  

I really hate Choi today she did many not moral things before to her and the police  benefit  but today was the last limited  for me 

Even If I leave all the moral  talking and logic  reasons  why I can't  forgive  her now  I cant leave the scene with SDJ  wife crying  just making a victims family   go through  that for the show you want to benefit  from is cross  any limit  of accepting  she really on my black list for life only for the cry and breaking  down SDJ wife has to go through  watching what happen  to her husband  live from choi  show 

• Like 5

Ahh i havent watched ep 14 but am prepared for the worst for SDJ

I loved the throwback to young eunsu. Sometimes in second seasons, writers dont do the characters in S1 that much justice or depict the character growth through seasons well, but i think writer did it well here to give us these poignant throwbacks. TBH when i saw SM giving the junior prosecutor a second look when she was holding her subway card, i thought he was gonna offer her a ride home. Haha coz i rmb he made young eunsoo take the subway home in S1. 

I love how SM is comfortable to share his innermost thoughts with YJ. Yeah yeah gave up on the love line or romance but the talk with CB was interesting haha! 

• Like 8

What a RIDE!! :w00t:

If today's rating is not the highest.. I don't know what is! *flip table  /=_=/~┴┴

Personally, I think it's rather weird that SDJ was found so deep and far in the mountain. It's not as if he's conscious or can walk. Once he was rolled over down the hill, he should be at the bottom not so far off. Oh well.. he's found and alive! Never mind this. :huh:

I have mixed feelings towards KHJ. At one hand, he's the victim of bullying for years! He is bound to snap. There has been so many cases and stories similar to this. The sad part is he must have felt so desperate, so helpless, and so alone thinking that no one will help him, not even his dad, his teacher, nor his friends. Most people will choose suicide or self-harming like what HSM said. In a way, it's a form of self-defense? So yes, I can probably understand him murdering his friends as an act of saving himself from predators. If he goes to court with this, he might get lesser sentences :wacko: 

But SDJ? By kidnapping and throwing his body in the mountain, it's no longer a victim's self-defense. It's criminal act. Sigh.. :(

And fake witness. Fake letter. Who would have thought! 

Love how HSM put out the bait and the witness took it! I guess it's now back to KSH and the second division office. But question is, is he doing it on his own or together with WTH? :blink:

The last 2 eps is going to be rushed. First there's the fake witness and fake letter thing > which leads to prosecutors trying to frame police > which fits to police vs prosecutor theme. 

Then, there's the Namyajung case that's still hanging: PGS's death after secret meeting at vacation house in Namyajung which connects to CB and WTH and ... Hanjo!

For now I can't see the linked between the two. I hope next week is going to answer ALL questions and leave no stone unturned. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Done with ep 14. Our duo were on fire. :onfirex:

And our weasel is back. I hope he could move on and lead a respectable life and be an upright prosecutor.

We know our duo are awesome actors but let me just praise them again. Bear with me please. That scene were Shimok shouted at Kim Hu Jeong, I too would have cried. And YJ saying you might be his senior not mine was pure gold. 

I will go with Kim Sa Hyun as the one who planted the fake witness. The preview leads us to believe that prosecution will be in the receiving end but that PGS case will hurt both prosecution and police. 

I am torn now. I want to see the resolution but at the same time I don't want it to end as well. 

Edit: Loved the way Shimok used Dong Jae's tactics to squeeze info out of that fake witness. He really is Dong Jae's mentee

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Okay I am clam I am clam no I am not clam 

I was so focused  into understand  the episode  so much without  sub and the preview  I just watched  it with focusing  what they saying 

Now watched it with sub  correct  me here  did I  hear woo  threading  YJ  to investigate  her and destroy  her  with his power!!!!   Did he really dear to say that!!!!! In front of SM too !!!!!  :rage:

man you are out of your mind:isannoyed: , totally  out of surviving  characters list  if YJ  and SM  didn't  finish  you by the end of the drama you going to be killed  by million  of fans 

are you joking  me do you even know YJ  or SM  even a little  to say that infront  of the two of them ?????!!!!! 

and here my sure idea I know from the preview  there was there people  in that house the death prosecutor  and woo  and i am choosing  the police  chief and Choi join to clean later 

they are all doomed  , both side just disappear  from my sight  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Okay I am clam I am clam no I am not clam 

I was so focused  into understand  the episode  so much without  sub and the preview  I just watched  it with focusing  what they saying 

It is not easy to be calm for the whole episode till the preview.  Wow it was so tense.  Glad that they found SDJ  alive finally.    So 2 cases settled for now .... another BIG one is going to end. 

• Like 5

I havent analyze the overall season like some did. Both WTH n Choi Bit, is nervous about something. They dont seems to make an effort to find SDJ. Feels like SDJ stumble upon something he shouldn't. So, they take the opportunity from SDJ MIA to shut the case. Whatever it was.

I really dont like the overcontrolling father in this episode. He totally play a part to his son mentality. Throwing a person into a ravine, that's crazy!! He kept SDJ inside a closet, bleeding and no food or water given! Heartless! Only the cooperation between YJ, HSM and YJ's team, save SDJ life. Hope he can make it, live and well. SDJ might suffer some trauma but hope it makes him a better person. Spen some times with his kids and wife. Its heartbraking seeing the wife watching from live tv how they found her husband. We saw her clutching the car key. Some one should be by her side, taking her to the hospital. She wasnt in a right mind to drive herself. 

From the preview, WTH thrown telephone to the floor.. Oh wow! What will it be next week? This pair (HSM and YJ) are definitely dangerous to work with. Nite uollls. Til next week! 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1

Me : now  wishing YJ  and SM  quit  your jobs  go and get married  and open your own lawyer  and investigate  company  and just get out of this dirty  world 

But me second: but still the world need a prosecutor  and police  officer  Like them 

Me third  : but even if they win this war  they will still get punishment  for running the prosecutor  and police image  and messing with the higher up 

Me I dont want this season  to end with them be  apart and away again from each other I was okay in season  1 but we waited  3 years  and get less scenes  and partnership  of them in this season so I  having hard feeling this time about them being send away again :dissapointed_relieved:

Me reading this post  realize  this drama made me having schizophrenia  !! How much exactly  I have opposite  thoughts  and me now :fearful:

• Like 6
  • LOL 6